Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No leaking on the 2 I have at all, I do get a few gurgle hits when refilling though, a few hits and is good again.

Maybe not enough wick, does need very little, but need them channels covered though.

Yeah I think that was the problem; with Kayfuns, I'v got him trained to have just enough wick to rest right on the little ledges, but after watching a video for the Berserker, I discovered that apparently it really needs those fluffy wick ends, to really fill those little caverns. Apparently the slight leakage after i redid it for him was just the residual juice in the airflow system; once we wiped it away, it didn't leak anymore. So I'll teach him a new way to cut Shiseido, to get it nice and thin in the middle for the coil, but big and fluffy on the ends. Or I can see if he likes rayon; got a buttload of it that was PIFed to me, but then discovered I really didn't care for the taste.

That thing vapes great though; I'll be buying one for myself presently. :D

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
decided to add a few more wraps to my n80 claps from b_d_builders. 0.40 on the csmnt.
this rda is sick. got a little special with the rda, a district f5ve chubby cap!!! can't beat a authentic Csmnt with a chubby both mint for $35 bones.
67f06c36dfaa4f9ee21e35b036ba22a7.jpg
9fbdc7a06402e937e2ddb3553bd5f0d8.jpg
6648f449098bd90c71dbec1e037ae851.jpg
d6d00ecabf913812312ca44bd2b83dc0.jpg

Cloud Chasing

How are you liking your CSMNT? I'm loving mine. The dead rabbit is good. CSMNT is better.

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
decided to add a few more wraps to my n80 claps from b_d_builders. 0.40 on the csmnt.
this rda is sick. got a little special with the rda, a district f5ve chubby cap!!! can't beat a authentic Csmnt with a chubby both mint for $35 bones.
67f06c36dfaa4f9ee21e35b036ba22a7.jpg
9fbdc7a06402e937e2ddb3553bd5f0d8.jpg
6648f449098bd90c71dbec1e037ae851.jpg
d6d00ecabf913812312ca44bd2b83dc0.jpg

Cloud Chasing

Can you give me the vendor name I need a csmnt in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part 1. Part 2 should be here later today.

Csmnt

d96f80293261ee831032bb3c17616468.jpg

0781c1bd528b4bb22880a5993d7662ad.jpg

How is it? Guess I should ask you and @CashNVape both. Is the top cap pretty snug to the barrel where the cap turns easier on the base than the airflow cap does?

I got the clone a little while back and have been really pleased with it but I need to put better coils in it. The simple coils in it now are just anemic for it I think. And I need to sort out wicking and coil height so it doesn't leak out the airflow. With bigger 4mm coils there's a lot of wick and it tries to cover the edges of the airlfow slots.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I think that was the problem; with Kayfuns, I'v got him trained to have just enough wick to rest right on the little ledges, but after watching a video for the Berserker, I discovered that apparently it really needs those fluffy wick ends, to really fill those little caverns. Apparently the slight leakage after i redid it for him was just the residual juice in the airflow system; once we wiped it away, it didn't leak anymore. So I'll teach him a new way to cut Shiseido, to get it nice and thin in the middle for the coil, but big and fluffy on the ends. Or I can see if he likes rayon; got a buttload of it that was PIFed to me, but then discovered I really didn't care for the taste.

That thing vapes great though; I'll be buying one for myself presently. :D

Andria
The kayfuns you're talking about leaking? Yes if there's juice in the airflow I've found it never really comes out unless I rinse them and blow through them really hard. The o-ring in the base where the tank screws down can sometimes get caught and will roll down to the very bottom of the ledge in the base. If that happens it might leak some, the lower o-ring should sit in a groove by the threads just a little above the ledge around the deck, not completely at the bottom.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The kayfuns you're talking about leaking? Yes if there's juice in the airflow I've found it never really comes out unless I rinse them and blow through them really hard. The o-ring in the base where the tank screws down can sometimes get caught and will roll down to the very bottom of the ledge in the base. If that happens it might leak some, the lower o-ring should sit in a groove by the threads just a little above the ledge around the deck, not completely at the bottom.

Well, all my kayfuns always leak *just a smidge* (except the black one which is a lot more than a smidge), but the leaking problem I was asking him about was the new Berserker RTA -- my son didn't have it wicked correctly, and even after I redid it for him, apparently there was still some liquid in the airflow system, which finished leaking out after I redid it. I think I figured out, from watching the video about it, and then doing it over for him, the proper way to wick it; he was using it all day yesterday. He think it might now actually have just a smidge too much cotton, as he says he tastes cotton sometimes -- not really dry hits, just the taste of the wick sometimes. I expect we'll be re-wicking it today.

Andria

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is it? Guess I should ask you and @CashNVape both. Is the top cap pretty snug to the barrel where the cap turns easier on the base than the airflow cap does?

I got the clone a little while back and have been really pleased with it but I need to put better coils in it. The simple coils in it now are just anemic for it I think. And I need to sort out wicking and coil height so it doesn't leak out the airflow. With bigger 4mm coils there's a lot of wick and it tries to cover the edges of the airlfow slots.
it's alright prefer the goon still lol
but I tried a mtl setting with the csmnt and it's a good one. plenty of flavour wide open or tight draw decent clouds. was able to get coils a mm from the air holes so it's good.

Cloud Chasing

AdamIsAWFUL

Member For 4 Years
Is this just me or do those VTC5A batteries that you ordered look like they must be fakes?

image-2-e1465035202418.jpeg

Oh jeez, I hope not. I definitely see the difference. I grabbed them from IMRBatteries which got a lot of love here so I trusted them.

They check out on Battery Bro as manufactured in Jan this year. Should I still be concerned? It's been a while since I've used 18650s.

Edit:: Battery Bro not battery boy lol.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I've never seen a complaint about IMR on any of the four forums I frequent. Many battery companies are changing info on batteries due some FDA or something bullshit.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh jeez, I hope not. I definitely see the difference. I grabbed them from IMRBatteries which got a lot of love here so I trusted them.

They check out on Battery Bro as manufactured in Jan this year. Should I still be concerned? It's been a while since I've used 18650s.

Edit:: Battery Bro not battery boy lol.

According to Mooch none of the vendors are capable to avoid selling fakes because they simply lack the resources to do so properly. Yes, he said IMRBatteries is among vendors that can be trusted, but yes, he also said that the only thing that makes them [these vendors] trustworthy is what they'll do once they find out they've been selling fakes, and, what would be truly malevolent would be if they knowingly sold the fakes.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 95% happy with all my mods for about 2 days than it drops to 35% lol I really gotta stop buying mech mods.

Cloud Chasing
Nah... this one has very limited venting, a recessed button that can spin out (not all the way, but enough to make it bobble when set down), and the resin button mayches nothing about the mod. The build quality is good, it hits good, the air is good, the deck is good, the fill port is awesome... 95%!

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No leaking on the 2 I have at all, I do get a few gurgle hits when refilling though, a few hits and is good again.

Maybe not enough wick, does need very little, but need them channels covered though.

He still has some issues with leaking when he first gets it setup. I'm thinking maybe instead of sticking with the ID size that I always stick with because I know how to wick it perfectly (3/32), maybe he should go up to a 7/64, and just use more wick, to try and prevent that leakage when it's first setup and filled.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors