Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Cycloid in today, this thing is really awesome!

01869e74d32d4a997e9ba6ba15188e18.jpg

7d0eab3c1d1dd36e4a07d1d5304110d4.jpg

9b6e80aef55f8f4f5e5d236a6f13aa8e.jpg

And I think I've settled on the B2K for an RSA.

9928790e419d5e4d1940515dc906491e.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Love mine. Did you find any blemishes on yours?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Question, does USPS work on Friday?
They NEVER work...................all kidding aside I honestly don't know. let me see if I can do a search.

Here is what I found ............."Black Friday is not a federal holiday, post offices are open and mail is delivered like normal on Friday,"

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They NEVER work...................all kidding aside I honestly don't know. let me see if I can do a search.

Here is what I found ............."Black Friday is not a federal holiday, post offices are open and mail is delivered like normal on Friday,"
Great, thanks for the info!

I have a package that hit the person's state (California) tonight and was wondering if they'd get it on Friday.

You're awesome

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even with 20700s I would love to hear what you think about the exile. I just ordered one today.

So far loving it, threw a simple dual coil 6-wraps anarchist 21 on the SOI and truly enjoying it, i'll get to my usual 5-wraps once the 21700 get here

HEAVY mod though, even this being the ultem version it's heavier than my 20700 Rig Pig V2.

Only issue see someone having with it is someone with smaller to medium-on-the-smaller side hands

The gold SOI mini fits beautifully on it, matches color of the brass plates perfectly. the SOI Mini is one of my fav 25mm RDA, I think it went highly under-appreciated and gives lots of flavor IMO (you can put VERY chunky coils on it)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ft order today. Couple pcs of replacement hlass for the kylin mini. And a kylin 2 clone for a cheap co worker.
Also grabbed a clone kylin 2 for me. Well because why not. Lol

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some spare beater mods from EightVape durring their Pre-Black Friday sale. They were only $15 so I figured what the hell. Smok Species-
1129191648b.jpg
1129191648a-1.jpg

These things surprised me at how small they are (about the same size as my Aspire Puxos). The TFV16 looks huge on one.
1129191650c-1.jpg
I dunno. The picture doesn't really show it. My lighting sucks, always so yellow.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got this 8 bay 21700 charger of IMRBatteries.com

Never heard of the brand but has all 5 stars rating there

Now I have 4 6bay chargers + 1 8 bay one, should be able to have batteries always ready :)

ac2b8f0a510352294335c390201521fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great charger, I have 2 of them. It'll charge everything from 18350 to 21700's. That one is on the higher end of vape chargers

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got this 8 bay 21700 charger of IMRBatteries.com

Never heard of the brand but has all 5 stars rating there

Now I have 4 6bay chargers + 1 8 bay one, should be able to have batteries always ready :)

ac2b8f0a510352294335c390201521fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great charger, I have 2 of them. It'll charge everything from 18350 to 21700's. That one is on the higher end of vape chargers
So does this charger do any re-conditioning? Is there such a charger? Or do these batteries just wear out. I've got a 4-bay Nitecore which does OK with charging, but wondering if I could get more life out of these batteries with a re-conditioning charger. Thoughts?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
got the GT4 through week or so ago looking forward to it ....my better half let me take a quick peek to check it over, sadly have to wait until the big red guy comes to use it
46CD8F11-A2D9-4AC5-9230-C8BB35F82FA6.jpeg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So does this charger do any re-conditioning? Is there such a charger? Or do these batteries just wear out. I've got a 4-bay Nitecore which does OK with charging, but wondering if I could get more life out of these batteries with a re-conditioning charger. Thoughts?
You have so many different charge options available that you can use it to save batteries that can be saved. I've taken an 18650 that a Nitecore would not charge and got it to a full 4.2 in the Gryfalcon when I first bought the charger just as a test.

I just selected the .25 charge option and left it on there for the day, after that the battery charged at 1A after a full drain.

Having said that, this was just a test and I don't normally try to save batteries, for the price of them I'd rather just replace.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have so many different charge options available that you can use it to save batteries that can be saved. I've taken an 18650 that a Nitecore would not charge and got it to a full 4.2 in the Gryfalcon when I first bought the charger just as a test.

I just selected the .25 charge option and left it on there for the day, after that the battery charged at 1A after a full drain.

Having said that, this was just a test and I don't normally try to save batteries, for the price of them I'd rather just replace.
Thanks. I probably wasn't clear on re-conditioning. I never over-discharge my batteries, but that's anecdotal. I should be measuring the voltage. But typically when I put a battery in the charger I will see at least one if not two LEDs lit for that bay. So I think if anything I'm short cycling them, which if I understand correctly is not bad for the battery. But I assume it's only got so many cycles in it, regardless of how far down you took it before charging. So my question was more around using a re-conditioning cycle to counteract my short cycling. I may be way off base.

I suppose one of the benefits of the charger you have is seeing the voltage on the battery when I put it in to charge.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I probably wasn't clear on re-conditioning. I never over-discharge my batteries, but that's anecdotal. I should be measuring the voltage. But typically when I put a battery in the charger I will see at least one if not two LEDs lit for that bay. So I think if anything I'm short cycling them, which if I understand correctly is not bad for the battery. But I assume it's only got so many cycles in it, regardless of how far down you took it before charging. So my question was more around using a re-conditioning cycle to counteract my short cycling. I may be way off base.

I suppose one of the benefits of the charger you have is seeing the voltage on the battery when I put it in to charge.
I almost exclusively use mechs so they don't get a full discharge ever, as you know you can feel the voltage drop until you're not getting a good hit anymore. Most of my batteries go on the charger at roughly 3.7V. I saw Mooch talk about charging at lower amps countering or at least helping with this type of use. Since I have a lot of batteries and am in no rush I charge mine at half an amp instead of 1A. I have the option of a quarter amp too.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I feel the lower charge rate helps a lot with the type of use you're talking about.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost exclusively use mechs so they don't get a full discharge ever, as you know you can feel the voltage drop until you're not getting a good hit anymore. Most of my batteries go on the charger at roughly 3.7V. I saw Mooch talk about charging at lower amps countering or at least helping with this type of use. Since I have a lot of batteries and am in jo rush I charge mine at half an amp instead of 1A.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I feel the lower charge rate helps a lot with the type of use you're talking about.
No, I think it is the answer I'm looking for. Mostly mechs here too, and that's why I'm charging them early, or at least according to the LEDs when I put them in the charger. I think I'll pick up one of these chargers. I'd like to see the voltage when I put them on.

Do you feel like the voltage readout is pretty accurate on the charger? I have a multimeter but I'm lazy.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I think it is the answer I'm looking for. Mostly mechs here too, and that's why I'm charging them early, or at least according to the LEDs when I put them in the charger. I think I'll pick up one of these chargers. I'd like to see the voltage when I put them on.

Do you feel like the voltage readout is pretty accurate on the charger? I have a multimeter but I'm lazy.
Yes, I know it's accurate because when I first got my first one I was curious and compared to my multimeter. It was either exactly the same or within 0.01.

You wouldn't be disappointed with this charger imo.

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

not aware it does. I just got it, apparently i can be set to charge batteries to different voltages, from 1.5 to 4.35, and it's able to charge different chemistries at different voltages at the same time, comes set at 4.2V for all.

Dont know about re-condiotining, i vape so low (0.08 ~ 0.1) that I change batts every 6 months so havent had the need (that i know of) to re-condition anything.

for the 45 bucks it cost i'm extremely happy with it

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
not aware it does. I just got it, apparently i can be set to charge batteries to different voltages, from 1.5 to 4.35, and it's able to charge different chemistries at different voltages at the same time, comes set at 4.2V for all.

Dont know about re-condiotining, i vape so low (0.08 ~ 0.1) that I change batts every 6 months so havent had the need (that i know of) to re-condition anything.

That's a steal. Last year these were $65 and up on some sites.

*Edit* The 65 was CAD, but still a good price at $45 US for what you're getting

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the Hohmtech Charger that is suppose to regenerate older batteries. I don’t know if it actually works. A few of us have it. @SirRichardRear has one too.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's a steal. Last year these were $65 and up on some sites.

*Edit* The 65 was CAD, but still a good price at $45 US for what you're getting
Thanks guys. Sounds like a winner. I'm going to order one while it's on sale.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Hohmtech Charger that is suppose to regenerate older batteries. I don’t know if it actually works. A few of us have it. @SirRichardRear has one too.
Thanks. I think @Theboss answered my concern about whether or not I need to recondition. I think he has the right approach. Appreciate the suggestion, but this one sounds like a real deal for the money.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man....this thing is just beautiful. Ya know i dont like red right? I think i can learn tho.. lol
@the Boss your the man brotha....thank you thank you thank you...now to build an rda...
464b1889fe58ecb8f8ab4c8ccf5b361d.jpg
e0d57c0ad3e763d97c73e036933996c7.jpg
2e45e99d0b839c21a2f6dce6d7fb9a69.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room
Cool. Did you juice the back wiping only up and down. Made a huge difference with the blue one.

I know you don't like red but I couldn't find one in pink for you.

VU Sponsors