Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got some ds'sfor sale. There ya go

Sent from a very cloudy room
Speaking of 2 batt squonks, did you ever sell your Niagara? For the price I have been really happy with that mod. Yours is a great deal for somebody....

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To u all.. here's to 2020
6ddebad0a638bb81e6330159e41f584f.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The amber is growing on me. How is the DRV2?
Me too. Really digging the aesthetics of the mod. Looks good with a stainless atty with ultem dt. Running in TC now. Figured since it is a DNA might as well screw it some.

The DRv2 is, in my opinion, a definite improvement. Like the choice of airflow either cyclops or honeycomb. Honeycomb wide open has been my choice thus far. I didn't like the original air flow as no matter how I placed the coils The vape would make me cough like hell. As easy or easier to build then the original. O-rings are just the right tolerances. I'm liking it so far.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank shared about TG Value Vape? I saw the Drone there, but they're $70, unless there's a coupon code.
The Ultem or Amber (?)versions were $40 ($5 or $8 shipping options). Black/Ultem, and Silver/Ultem were discounted, the others stayed at $70. Probably because those ones sell faster. I jumped on it. I contemplated ordering two or more.. but BF through Christmas wasn't freindly on my pocket book lol.

From what I've read, it has a very good chip obviously. But the build quality and design could have been a lot better. People with "sausage fingers" :teehee:, go to press the bottle, and the whole door comes undone. I read about another poster, he said he broke his walking through a doorway. It was in his pocket and his coat must have bumped into something. The plastic cracked and fell apart. It could be inflated stories.

I plan on keeping mine at my desk. I have a Basium and that's where that one lives. Dual battery squonks are a little to big for me to tote around comfortably.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn mail tracking system failed me. Mines supposed to be out in the mailbox now. I checked yesterday around the time mail comes. It said "Item is in transit to current location". Snow storms have delayed everything around here. I guess Im getting bundled up to face Siberia here in a few minutes.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Just Frank may have paid $40, or saw them at that price. That's what I meant about the coupon code. I forgot that part. Oops.
AHA!! I didn't know :)
From what I've read, it has a very good chip obviously.
YES Very accurate and versatile.
I read about another poster, he said he broke his walking through a doorway. It was in his pocket and his coat must have bumped into something. The plastic cracked and fell apart. It could be inflated stories.
I have a feeling there's more to it than that. I guess if something hits just the right way maybe, but it isn't that flimsy. :) I'm not thrilled with the material the doors are made of, but I can't believe they would fall apart if bumped.

You might want to file out that vertical edge a bit on the hole in the door to make it easier to get your finger in there.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't understand replay. What's it's function or purpose?
Replay "records" your pulls and when you get one you prefer, you just save it and it "replays" every technical parameter of that puff until you tell it to stop. It will vape the cotton dry without giving you a dry hit.

There has been an ongoing debate on whether it should be considered TC proper or not, but that makes no difference to our purposes here.

It's dead simple to setup. I mean as in REALLY simple. It does require TC compatible wire to work right though some claim to have gotten it to kinda work with Kanthal and Nichrome. That requires some Escribe twiddling though.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replay "records" your pulls and when you get one you prefer, you just save it and replays every technical parameter of that puff until you tell it to stop. It will vape the cotton dry without giving you a dry hit.

There has been an ongoing debate on whether it should be considered TC proper or not, but that makes no difference to our purposes here.

It's dead simple to setup. I mean as in REALLY simple. It does require TC compatible wire to work right though some claim to have gotten it to kinda work with Kanthal and Nichrome. That requires some Escribe twiddling though.
Ok. Interesting. I'll need to do some more research. Thank you.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the Hilo side at least - it's always been my fave
Sounds wonderful (and wet :D); love that island. That big old Banyan tree, all the roadside shops and stands, Hana highway (Edit: on Maui), all the beautiful beaches and waterfalls. I envy you. Been over several times but not enough.

My wife and I eloped to Kauai in 1981, got married in the Fern Grotto. Went scuba diving in the morning, married in the afternoon, dinner that evening at a restaurant with windows out over the coastal rocks with waves splashing them. Wish I could remember the restaurant.

Happy new year. Aloha.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors