Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today The Broscience Vapes.... DNA 400c and the VGOD Subohm pro...
bc8fcf41dcb03dec462cb9e7cc28586e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's pretty good. Only thing is a delayed response to the fire button when vaping. Not sure why. But does it on the IPVv-it as well as the vsticking
Have you tried setting the preheat to powerful or powerful+ and how are running it generally? I tried to enlarge your pic, but it loses too much resolution to be readable. I get REALLY snappy rampup with mine actually.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried setting the preheat to powerful or powerful+ and how are running it generally? I tried to enlarge your pic, but it loses to much resolution to be readable. I get REALLY snappy rampup with mine actually.
I think he's running it normal

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think he's running it normal

Yeah on the VK530 it's soft, standard, powerful or powerful+
That mod has the most onboard settings of any mod I have too. TC is actually really good, but sometimes needs a bit of TCR twiddling. Super consistent once you get it dialed in though.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah on the VK530 it's soft, standard, powerful or powerful+
That mod has the most onboard settings of any mod I have too. TC is actually really good, but sometimes needs a bit of TCR twiddling. Super consistent once you get it dialed in though.
I've got this one on normal. Set it to powerful an it is better. Is there anyway to change the coil type to something that's not supposed to run in Tc. Have an N80 coil in the rta. That part I don't understand unless I'm just supposed to vape in noobie mode with anything not tc. EDIT:Actually just had a thought and looked up the tcr of N80 and went that way instead.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got this one on normal. Set it to powerful an it is better. Is there anyway to change the coil type to something that's not supposed to run in Tc. Have an N80 coil in the rta. That part I don't understand unless I'm just supposed to vape in noobie mode with anything not tc
You can go up to powerful or Powerful+ and lower the wattage, end result is no lag when firing..... That's what I do with the SX 485J

Instead of normal and 50 watts..... I apply Powerful and lower the wattage to 34 watts...

It doesn't lag, immediate power.....
f86826a58141759bdac676eac59fbaaa.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can go up to powerful or Powerful+ and lower the wattage, end result is no lag when firing..... That's what I do with the SX 485J

Instead of normal and 50 watts..... I apply Powerful and lower the wattage to 34 watts...

It doesn't lag, immediate power.....
f86826a58141759bdac676eac59fbaaa.jpg

Ok what about running something not tc. O ly options for coils are tc coils. Other than novice mode.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok what about running something not tc. O ly options for coils are tc coils. Other than novice mode.
Well Yihi has several settings...... Programmed..... SX-Q .... I'm not much into temps.... I have one mod set up on TC.... And it's a DNA 75c it runs TC on any metal......

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got this one on normal. Set it to powerful an it is better. Is there anyway to change the coil type to something that's not supposed to run in Tc. Have an N80 coil in the rta. That part I don't understand unless I'm just supposed to vape in noobie mode with anything not tc. EDIT:Actually just had a thought and looked up the tcr of N80 and went that way instead.
This mod I have down. You have no idea the adventures we've been through together.

Click the fire button five times and use the joystick to go to "select coil"

THEN push straight in on the joystick to enter that menu and so on. You'll catch on to it. It's not the easiest menu system ever, but it's not bad once you use it a little while,

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wait you mean NON TC settings. Just push (click) the joystick in once and then more times to cycle through the modes.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Yihi has several settings...... Programmed..... SX-Q .... I'm not much into temps.... I have one mod set up on TC.... And it's a DNA 75c it runs TC on any metal......
YIHI's navigation setup IS pretty confusing actually now that I think of it, but anybody who can use a smartphone can get used to it.

I don't know if you've seen the Arctic Fox interface on the PC, but there must be (no exaggeration) 4 (maybe 5) dozen settings in there AND a realtime monitor of all relevant parameters. I've been doing tech stuff for 20 years and there are things in there I never heard of. SUPER cool. I still need to look a couple things up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YIHI's navigation setup IS pretty confusing actually now that I think of it, but anybody who can use a smartphone can get used to it.

I don't know if you've seen the Arctic Fox interface on the PC, but there must be (no exaggeration) 4 (maybe 5) dozen settings in there AND a realtime monitor of all relevant parameters. I've been doing tech stuff for 20 years and there are things in there I never heard of. SUPER cool. I still need to look a couple things up.
I just followed your direction and started using Joules....Ha Ha....First time.....

31 Joules Stainless Steel and Powerful+ good vape on 485J ...

I just had a Woody made with a 485J
546946ab81403aef736c9c677fd79dd3.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just followed your direction and started using Joules....Ha Ha....First time.....

Does yours pulse when in Tc? The vsticking does but the IPVv-it doesn't. Same chip I believe

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does yours pulse when in Tc? The vsticking does but the IPVv-it doesn't. Same chip I believe

The further you are away from the ideal joule setting for the selected temperature, the more pulsing you'll get.

Wattage has no effect on TC, only joules, BUT, you CAN run joules for power mode.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The further you are away from the ideal joule setting for the selected temperature, the more pulsing you'll get. Wattage has no effect on TC, only joules, BUT, you CAN run joules for power mode.
Yeah I'm not much of a temp guy.....

I feel the vape and adjust my wattage until it feels comfortable and I'm changing wicks monthly..... And usually not badly burned

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if you do get a tiny bit of rattlesnaking at the very beginning of the pull, it won't effect the quality of the vape. If it goes on for a second or two, you need to adjust your joule setting.

EDIT: Well, you can adjust it any way you want., but you guys know what I mean. :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if you do get a tiny bit of rattlesnaking at the very beginning of the pull, it won't effect the quality of the vape. If it goes on for a second or two, you need to adjust your joule setting.
Yeah ..... I have it set to 33J and it's giving me a constant 474 degrees with very little to no pulsing......

Thanks....
ab36ea711e1aff81d31adb146981e4c5.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One bizarre thing about YIHI devices is that the setting for coil material stays on the screen even if you're not in TC.
I don't understand that number below the Joules that also ends with a (J) ....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually just had a thought and looked up the tcr of N80 and went that way instead.
if it's too cool, boost the tcr by 10 and see what it's like. If it's too hot, the other way around. The tcr for titanium is 360 I think. I run it at 400, but a small change isn't felt way up there. Fantastic smooth and consistent vape with the Lotus.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't understand that number below the Joules that also ends with a (J) ....
i can't seem to easily find any information on what that is. You may want to load the mod into the SXI-Q software and see if you get any clues in there. Something that looks similar with a label maybe.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i can't seem to easily find any information on what that is. You may want to load the mod into the SXI-Q software and see if you get any clues in there. Something that looks similar with a label maybe.
Thanks I'm reading through the book....... Maybe I will have the answer soon..... Ha

VU Sponsors