Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In my ill pullman voice...not bad, not bad at all. Isnt my TS but its a keeper...thanks @gadget

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
b410fc1674b3e3365694033dafb0fd86.jpg

How big would you say your hands are? That looks a bit bigger than I was expecting

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im 6'3 so theyre not the smallest. Not gonna lie...doesnt feel as good in my hand as the TS but for a clone...its doing well. So well i may look for a authentic one. Heres a side by side and another hand shot
2dff2c4fa6dd15939d17b353ba0a6f7b.jpg
98cb38da318f1602dfcfc9119641603f.jpg

Good lord, you are a foot taller than me. Maybe I should just get a Pico Squeeze and call it done :giggle:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I actually ordered a Pixie for the fun of it. On the slow boat.
LOL- I loved Yellow Pixy so much that I just bought the Black and SS!
Great little RDTA- nice flavor no leaking and simple to use- I love how the whole deck sits above the juice, so easy to dry burn and rewick!
Just a little trick, when you refill you have to take out a wick tail otherwise the juice won't go down into the fill hole.
I bought it at first because it was cute- but it turned out to be a great RDTA for me too!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Always wanted to try this with an Alien, I traded for one that had a wrap on it.
I removed the wrap knowing the paint was bad. Spent a couple hours sanding and polishing, didn't come out to bad.
5eda3d15ee5691e4acd9577e5c464462.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Always wanted to try this with an Alien, I traded for one that had a wrap on it.
I removed the wrap knowing the paint was bad. Spent a couple hours sanding and polishing, didn't come out to bad.
5eda3d15ee5691e4acd9577e5c464462.jpg

Can you send me a picture of the sand paper you used ?? I’m on leave so I’ll hit the triade this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Can you send me a picture of the sand paper you used ?? I’m on leave so I’ll hit the triade this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could but it wouldn't do you any good. I bought a package of sandpaper from a hobby shop that had several small sheets of different grits of paper. I don't even know the grits, there is no markings on the paper. I think the finest grit (that I finish the sanding with) is 6000 grit.
The reason it's so much work is that the metal on most of these mode with the paint removed it quite rough. To get it looking it's best it should be sanded smooth.
The biggest key is in the polishing. I use a Grizzly Grinder with a polishing wheel but a Dremel tool is about the same thing. I have a grey colored bar of compound that was given to me by a friend that owns a body shop. Even in the rough condition of the metal I can polish it to shine like chrome but you can see all of the roughness of the metal.
I have also read that Neverdull works pretty good for the polishing.

I hope this helps.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my first mech. Loving this thing. Even better my wake rta and Petri 24 rta both fit great and look pretty sexy on it.
482d11a898eb83c82a1129264ee2de02.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
How do you like the wake rta@ think about another rta and that's one of them. Starting to get cold now and that makes squonking tough as I work outside.also looking at the smm serpent I believe it's called. But after using the Bft for so long I just don't know if a 5ml tank will do

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you like the wake rta@ think about another rta and that's one of them. Starting to get cold now and that makes squonking tough as I work outside.also looking at the smm serpent I believe it's called. But after using the Bft for so long I just don't know if a 5ml tank will do

If you don't think a 5ml tank will do then stay away from the SMM. It has I think about a 3.5ml capacity and I find myself filling it much more often than the Geekvape Ammit 25 which is my favorite.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't think a 5ml tank will do then stay away from the SMM. It has I think about a 3.5ml capacity and I find myself filling it much more often than the Geekvape Ammit 25 which is my favorite.
Yea I'm looking for at least a 5ml tank. Using the Bft plus with the bubble on it holds 12 so I got spoiled to that. I fill my Griffin 3 times a day. I think it 3 or 4 ml

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I'm looking for at least a 5ml tank. Using the Bft plus with the bubble on it holds 12 so I got spoiled to that. I fill my Griffin 3 times a day. I think it 3 or 4 ml

I really like my Kylin now that I got the V2 replacement deck on it and it holds 6ml with the extention. They are a little finicky with wicking and have know leaking issues if you get a bad one like I did the first time. Vandyvape sent me a replacement deck and I have not had any leaking issues since.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love it. For a while I was on a kick buying at least 1 new rta a week. After trying 10 or so I found the wake rta. It is similar to the Petri rta but is a little better imo, though the Petri is a little nicer aesthetically.

Since I got this rta I use it almost exclusively. The flavor is amazing. The airflow is exactly to my taste (slightly restricted lung hit wide open). Wicking is slightly different than other rtas but it is very forgiving when you wick. I can't think of a single flaw in this tank. Well maybe the fact that you can't use your own drip tips. The price is very reasonable as well. I really can't give enough praise to this tank.

I also own the ammit like pescadore mentioned. It is a great tank with stellar flavor. I wouldn't trade my wake for 100 ammits though.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
81CA7FA0-144D-4E3F-9913-51F2CB741996.jpeg

When you find 17ml that you don’t want to waste a factory coil on?

UD IGO-W Plus: the first rebuildable I ever bought. Great price.... JVapes still has some for $1.
https://www.jvapes.com/igo-w-plus

Tesla Skyline M-6 mech mod clone: 2 for 1 sale at Vaporider.net $17
https://vaporider.net/shop/clearance/tesla-skyline-m-6-mechanical-mod-clone/

Excalibur (vanilla custard) from Saffire Vapor.
Left Brain surprises me with a 17ml or two from this local B&M from time to time. Tasty, yet overpriced.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like my Kylin now that I got the V2 replacement deck on it and it holds 6ml with the extention. They are a little finicky with wicking and have know leaking issues if you get a bad one like I did the first time. Vandyvape sent me a replacement deck and I have not had any leaking issues since.
I have a kylin and I love it. No leaking issues ever. Flavor is amazing and holds just the right amount of juice for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Omg....love it

For anyone wanting to do this it's not hard, just time consuming.
I will say this much, the Alien is easier than any of the other mods I've done like this.
I done this one the hard way, I didn't take it apart. If you're mechanically inclined it would be much easier if you disassembled it first.
I masked off the screen and the Carbon Fiber on the back panel then used a rag and believe it or not some "Goof Off" to remove most of the paint.
CAUTION: Any solvent strong enough to remove the paint will damage the screen!
Then I used steel wool to remove the rest.
With the paint removed the finish is not all that smooth so I used 3 different grits of sandpaper to get it smooth.
Then just use some good polish and use a buffing pad on a Dremel tool or a drill would also work.
The end result is amazing, it shines better than chrome!

Keep in mind that it is now a finger print magnet.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's a beauty !!

Thanks - been wanting an Ultem mod forever

Hey I was just looking at a white one of those today. How do you like it and what atties would be a good fit.

Got a Nuppin with a 22mm cap on mine, but it can easily accommodate anything up to 25 mm

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for a black driptech ds, authentic if anyone knows of one

VU Sponsors