Become a Patron!

The New Oumier VLS RDA

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new Oumier VLS RDA looks pretty interesting. It has a cool looking clamping deck that supports vertical and horizontal single or dual coils. It's a 25mm, has a deep juice well, 810 drip tip and a BF pin. The Wasp was a great little RDA and hopefully their new RDA works just as well. I was checking it out here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OUMIER-VLS-RDA.html

V8mVKxe.jpg
DgwP6ER.jpg
OUMIER-VLS-RDA_004208a378f5_l.jpg
XceRGPg.jpg
07UpFxQ.jpg

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’ve never tried a vertical build rda. Looks interesting. If you get one let us know what you think. I may have to pick one up also. After the cool down time from all my latest purchases that is. Having the wife make me sleep out on the porch would be mighty cold this time of year.

I vape, therefore I am.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve never tried a vertical build rda. Looks interesting. If you get one let us know what you think. I may have to pick one up also. After the cool down time from all my latest purchases that is. Having the wife make me sleep out on the porch would be mighty cold this time of year.

I vape, therefore I am.
I'm hoping to get one soon and will report back. Sleeping on the porch might not be such a great idea, but at least you would have your vape to keep you warm. :D

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That thing looks really cool. I hope it's cheaper than the $30 standard we are accustomed to paying (like the Wasp); that makes it easier to justify picking one up when my more reasonable side tells me I don't need another dripper.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I imagine this one will shine as a single coil RDA. The design doesn't lend itself well to a dual coil setup.

Partspro

Member For 4 Years
I imagine this one will shine as a single coil RDA. The design doesn't lend itself well to a dual coil setup.

Curious why you think that this won’t be a good dual coil, can you elaborate?
I just ordered a couple of these to replace a pair of Origen V2’s which have seen better days. I really like dual vertical coils but the Origen is a pain to wick. This design solves that problem.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Curious why you think that this won’t be a good dual coil, can you elaborate?
I just ordered a couple of these to replace a pair of Origen V2’s which have seen better days. I really like dual vertical coils but the Origen is a pain to wick. This design solves that problem.
In my opinion the way the airflow is set up it's more for a single horizontal coil. It's just an opinion. I don't have one. If you really want a great dual vertical coil RDA take a look at the Lucid RDA. I do have one of the authentics. I have a clone coming to compare it with. It is my favorite RDA of many. The flavor is amazing and the clouds are dense. I also have a Triad RDTA that is a triple vertical coil RDTA. I like it but the airflow is a little restricted and it only has a 2ml capacity. I would like to hear your review of the oumier.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The horizontal duel coils looks a little sketchy. I've never been a fan of any sort of duel coil RDA/RTA where the coils are stacked on top of each other, for dripping/wicking reasons.

It's hard to judge by the pictures, but I also wonder if the single coil would leave a little too much unused volume in the chamber.

I don't see any reason why the vertical duel coil setup wouldn't work with some finagling.

One thing is for sure though, this RDA just looks really damn cool. I imagine it would be fun just to play around with. Given Oumier's recent products, it's price might be low enough to justify buying it just for the sake of throwing weird builds in it and seeing what would happen.

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my opinion the way the airflow is set up it's more for a single horizontal coil.

I see what you mean....the airflow holes look to miss the dual vertical coils altogether...

Looks pretty cool but....

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Oumier VLS from Heaven Gifts a few days ago and so far I've been liking it. The whole thing breaks apart nice and easy for cleaning and building, the o-rings fit well, not too tight or too loose. The build deck is kinda cool and easy to build on. The build deck is reverse threaded and screws into the base which makes it much easier to wick vertical coils. I did a dual vertical coils build with 28ga(I wanted to use 26ga. but I had run out) 316SS, 6 wraps 3mm id and reading at 0.42 ohms. I didn't have any problems with the screws cutting through the light gauge wire. There's plenty of room for most builds, but it may be a bit tight for any of the larger complicated coils. Wicking was really easy thanks to the cut out on the bottom of the build deck, it also makes a nice juice well.

The airflow works better than I expected. There's no whistling or excessive noise, it's quite smooth. I've been vaping it wide open and it has just the amount of airflow for me. I think the amount of airflow would be plenty for most people, except those that like extremely airy RDAs. With a dual vertical coil setup I was a bit concerned at first that air wouldn't hit the coils sufficiently. It actually works well because the cotton at the top of the coils direct the air around the coils instead of straight out the top. The flavor has been very good, almost as good as my Drop, which I love. I'm getting a nice smooth dense and saturated flavor.

I've been using it primarily as a BF RDA on my VT Inbox and it squonks great. There's no problem to over squonk, unless you're bound and determined to over squonk, even then you have to be trying to. It works nicely as a straight dripper too. Dripping from the top, it saturates the wick and basically paints the coils as it drips down.

The one thing I don't like is the reverse threaded deck. If you try to adjust the airflow while the top cap is on the RDA, it can start to unscrew the deck from the base. You have to line up the air holes and place the top cap straight on top without twisting it. It was a little annoying at first, but once I decided where I like the airflow it hasn't hasn't been an issue.

Overall, I really like it, I like the dual vertical coil setup. It would work great for a horizontal or vertical single coil, but I don't think dual horizontal coils would be very good though.

Here's a few pics

3lkaVx9.jpg
sSdzMD4.jpg
XPpJD1b.jpg
6UiYiiH.jpg
lJKLYUp.jpg
6Xes4hR.jpg

I purchased mine from ecigone in the UK. The package although it arrived on time, there was no bf pin inside and also the air holes were offset. Seems like a fault in the production. I like this one, but i hope they improve their QoC process on this specifically

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey great job explaining this amazing rda. It's almost double the wasp in price, but according to most, this RSA/RDA is well worth it.

I really really want to get into verticals. This thing looks wicked as hell. What a great innovative way to coil and wick

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey great job explaining this amazing rda. It's almost double the wasp in price, but according to most, this RSA/RDA is well worth it.

I really really want to get into verticals. This thing looks wicked as hell. What a great innovative way to coil and wick

Thanks! The Wasp is definitely a great little RDA. If you want to try verticals, the VLS is the way to go, the clamping system makes it so easy.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks! The Wasp is definitely a great little RDA. If you want to try verticals, the VLS is the way to go, the clamping system makes it so easy.
I think I'm going to save up. I wish I would get my disability but it's taken over 2 years. I really really like the look of this atty.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I think I'll pick one up. For $20 ya can't go wrong. I'm not really into single coil stuff but I think this would be good for a mech squonker.
I've wondered the same thing. How tasty would a staged 3.0mm 24 42 fused Clapton taste and the vape production

VU Sponsors