Become a Patron!

The never ending battle.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm the type of person who just had to try it all.. and I have 100 times over. I have tons of regulated boxes unregulated boxes, tube mods rda's rta's rdta's. My collection is pretty large and I've already sold alot of it many times. But why I'm making this post is just for some feedback, I thought once I tryed everything I could settle down and pick a favorite device I find myself always jumping around.. you'll never catch me using the same device two days in a row usally more like 2 hours in a row.. and it kind of annoys me, is anyone else like this? I mean I have plenty of devices that completely satisfy me but I just can't stick to one device, I guess it's not that big of deal but it's just annoying. I carry around my UD vape bag and it's stuffed full and I usally want to bring more stuff with me..
Anyway I just figured I'd see if I'm the only over obsessed vaper..

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoah
You are my friend OCVD
OBESSESIVE
Compulsive
VAPE DISORDER
It's all good bro, I learned to control myself....
And I buy 2 of things I like but other than THAT, I VAPE whatever i feel VAPING, been VAPING this set up for the last 3-4 days if I'm not mistaken
KBOX12/SERPENT

Vape On

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I'm the type of person who just had to try it all.. and I have 100 times over. I have tons of regulated boxes unregulated boxes, tube mods rda's rta's rdta's. My collection is pretty large and I've already sold alot of it many times. But why I'm making this post is just for some feedback, I thought once I tryed everything I could settle down and pick a favorite device I find myself always jumping around.. you'll never catch me using the same device two days in a row usally more like 2 hours in a row.. and it kind of annoys me, is anyone else like this? I mean I have plenty of devices that completely satisfy me but I just can't stick to one device, I guess it's not that big of deal but it's just annoying. I carry around my UD vape bag and it's stuffed full and I usally want to bring more stuff with me..

Raises hand... Guilty as charged here. I'm in the same place, man, I just haven't succeeded at the whole selling things I don't use part. I've only traded or sold a couple of mods. I get it. I have tons of boxes and tubes, multiples of some, and I'll use multiple mods a day. Don't get me started on attys. I buy smart on them, though. I wait for authentics to go on sale and buy at least two. Build one and if I don't like it sell the other. I haven't sold any, lol, I'm up to six vectors and want more, and have plenty of nice top flow RDA's.

It's the nature of the beast. If you're a hobbyist, there's always something that is up your ally, and COULD, be better, so we get it. And switching devices, they all have different purposes, and attys, I can't decide on a flavor to save my life sometimes. Back and forth. Lol.

I definitely do get annoyed when I can't decide what to take out with me. I can spend way too much time deciding, and it's annoying, lol.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, you guys have OCD about collecting things.

My OCD goes the other direction.
I have to force myself to buy something new if the stuff I already have does the job.
Also keeps me from getting rid of stuff that I might need in the future.

As such, I only have 4 mods. The ones I've moved up through since starting vaping and the RDAs that I regularly use.
Haven't bought any vape hardware (except for batts and chargers) for nearly a year.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
lol, you guys have OCD about collecting things.

My OCD goes the other direction.
I have to force myself to buy something new if the stuff I already have does the job.
Also keeps me from getting rid of stuff that I might need in the future.

As such, I only have 4 mods. The ones I've moved up through since starting vaping and the RDAs that I regularly use.
Haven't bought any vape hardware (except for batts and chargers) for nearly a year.
My wallet and I envy you. My love of gear is content. Actually, it's never content. Lol. I think the envy may win out narrowly, lol. Money is nice. At least I feel like I make fewer bad purchases these days, but it still happens.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wallet and I envy you. My love of gear is content. Actually, it's never content. Lol. I think the envy may win out narrowly, lol. Money is nice. At least I feel like I make fewer bad purchases these days, but it still happens.

lol, my money gets blown elsewhere.
I can't tell you how much I've spent on computer hardware over the past decade.
Building computers, upgrading computers, repairing computers.

I have 4 home built computers in the house, 2 are used for gaming and 1 is a media storage pc.
They need occasional repairs and upgrades.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol, my money gets blown elsewhere.
I can't tell you how much I've spent on computer hardware over the past decade.
Building computers, upgrading computers, repairing computers.

I have 4 home built computers in the house, 2 are used for gaming and 1 is a media storage pc.
They need occasional repairs and upgrades.
You would go nuts where I work I'm laid off right now but will be back to work in a week or so. I get thousands of computers that ether get scraped or rebuilt in one fashion or another. I have been in every computer known to man from the very first to the latest. Dells are the easiest to work on and mac's are the hardest. The newest laptops ect have the memory, and hard drives built right on the board I don't care for that Idea to much it kind of makes them just junk when they go bad. I have had computer smell like pee and have had them where you could pull hands full of dirt out of them lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You would go nuts where I work I'm laid off right now but will be back to work in a week or so. I get thousands of computers that ether get scraped or rebuilt in one fashion or another. I have been in every computer known to man from the very first to the latest. Dells are the easiest to work on and mac's are the hardest. The newest laptops ect have the memory, and hard drives built right on the board I don't care for that Idea to much it kind of makes them just junk when they go bad. I have had computer smell like pee and have had them where you could pull hands full of dirt out of them lol.
try cellphones.
From paint to fried roaches on the boards.
A couple of douche bags have earned the coveted "I am going to beat your ass outside of here" award.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not me I use to buy a lot now I just buy one use it till I want another one and give the old one away or sell it. Same with the tanks but will keep a few of them.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn, I would be in heaven if I could find a job like that.

Although, I do have piles of old computer stuff in boxes. Either from upgrades or trash picking old computers.
5 old towers, maybe 2 dozen old hard drives, a box of old motherboards, other parts as well sorted in boxes.
Don't even know if half of it works, but I like to look at it. lol

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
try cellphones.
From paint to fried roaches on the boards.
A couple of douche bags have earned the coveted "I am going to beat your ass outside of here" award.
Oh i have plenty of them. Also i have has several computers that were roach filled but i now know how to avoid them just by the smell they have a certain smell and when i get one of them i just pass it on lol. We actually get all electronics nasa, boeing, ncr, government. NOw days i do laptops because no one likes them and i do because they are light weight and easy for me because i have done so many of them.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh i have plenty of them. Also i have has several computers that were roach filled but i now know how to avoid them just by the smell they have a certain smell and when i get one of them i just pass it on lol. We actually get all electronics nasa, boeing, ncr, government. NOw days i do laptops because no one likes them and i do because they are light weight and easy for me because i have done so many of them.

Are you allowed to take stuff home from the place?
Or do they have strict security and rules?

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, I would be in heaven if I could find a job like that.

Although, I do have piles of old computer stuff in boxes. Either from upgrades or trash picking old computers.
5 old towers, maybe 2 dozen old hard drives, a box of old motherboards, other parts as well sorted in boxes.
Don't even know if half of it works, but I like to look at it. lol
We like the cpu's and hard drives. The old cpu's are full of gold and some of the new ones are just worth a lot. There are so many kinds but after taking so many apart i can tell the good ones by the looks in most cases. I have had boards made for Nasa that were 3/8 " to 1/4" thick and mostly gold cool as hell. You might be surprised where you will find cameras too. I find cameras in TV's routers, even you know the height measuring sticks that are at the door in restaurantes to measure your height I have even found them it them lol.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you allowed to take stuff home from the place?
Or do they have strict security and rules?
Very strict we even have a metal detector you have to go through. They have had a few rip off over the years one guy i knew stated he was making 250,000 a year on cpu's he got caught by his own words. After your are there for awhile and you know the main boss you can ask him if you can have something they will let you get one and take it home but they keep that very quiet not to let anyone know or it will get out of hand.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very strict we even have a metal detector you have to go through. They have had a few rip off over the years one guy i knew stated he was making 250,000 a year on cpu's he got caught by his own words. After your are there for awhile and you know the main boss you can ask him if you can have something they will let you get one and take it home but they keep that very quiet not to let anyone know or it will get out of hand.

Damn, that takes the fun out of it.
One of the first things I do when finding an old PC in the trash is pulling the hard drive and see what stuff might be on it. lol

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, that takes the fun out of it.
One of the first things I do when finding an old PC in the trash is pulling the hard drive and see what stuff might be on it. lol
Yea we are under government contract to wipe or completely destroy the hard drives and other companies. A lot of times I find Dvd's that were not removed they too get destroyed. If the truth was known I probably had Hillary's stuff and did not know it lol.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not only do I have too many devices and tanks, rda's etc, I HAVE to have a different flavor juice for every tank that I own. Im currently vaping 13 different juices from 5 different manufacturers. Never use different flavors in the same tank. I'll get another build before I change flavors in a RDA. OCD or what?:confused:.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not only do I have too many devices and tanks, rda's etc, I HAVE to have a different flavor juice for every tank that I own. Im currently vaping 13 different juices from 5 different manufacturers. Never use different flavors in the same tank. I'll get another build before I change flavors in a RDA. OCD or what?:confused:.
I do the same with all my tanks and rda's. Never have the same flavor in two and that tank or rda is strictly for that flavor.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But I also diy.. my gear collection is nothing compared to my juice bar. I have well over 3 grand in juice flavor concentrates and diy supplies. I have enough stuff to make 100,000's of ml's of juice.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usally keep about 1500ml on steep in various juices.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cousin inherited 500 grand when his mom died. Blew it all on buying and selling cars within one year. Automobile OCD

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the opposite. I try and get rid of everything I don't use. If i haven't used it in a week, time to sell.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I am buying stuff all too often. Got way more stuff then I "need".

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is how I see it: I gifted a friend an authentic Velocity V1and a Magma Reborn just yesterday. Now that I have two Velocity V2, I am prepared to sell a second authentic Velocity V1 next week. Picked up a copper and stainless Roundhouse = SMPL+ and Overdose v2 are as good as gone. Boxer DNA 133 in hand = Vapor Shark DNA40 in someone else's hand. NoPity was ordered last week = Origin Genesis V2 MKII will soon be finding a new home. MCV Fuel 2.0 is coming out soon = MCV Fuel is set to go. I keep my collection lean and mean this way. I dislike hoarding and if it a superior replacement is found, then I prefer strongly not to retain the original.

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is how I see it: I gifted a friend an authentic Velocity V1and a Magma Reborn just yesterday. Now that I have two Velocity V2, I am prepared to sell a second authentic Velocity V1 next week. Picked up a copper and stainless Roundhouse = SMPL+ and Overdose v2 are as good as gone. Boxer DNA 133 in hand = Vapor Shark DNA40 in someone else's hand. NoPity was ordered last week = Origin Genesis V2 MKII will soon be finding a new home. MCV Fuel 2.0 is coming out soon = MCV Fuel is set to go. I keep my collection lean and mean this way. I dislike hoarding and if it a superior replacement is found, then I prefer strongly not to retain the original.
You know your stuff and you make great reviews that had helped me a lot in purchasing quality hardware. Thank you my friend.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am pretty much exactly the same in this regard.

I have managed to calm down slightly, but I had to try everything that was new- such as when the IPV D3 released, I had to have it to try the new chip over the D2's. Many tanks I own are pretty much the same as others, with minor differences that I just have to try to see if it makes a big difference.

Device wise, I use a different one most days-and I hope this will lead to my devices lasting a long time as they are being used in rotation.

It happens in most hobbies, guitarists call it GAS (Gear acquisition syndrome), with this I call it shinyitis.

The main thing is though, if it makes you happy, and benefits your health at the same time, why not enjoy all the things you want to try? If it led to things like financial hardship, then it is different, but a large, well used collection is something I like.

VU Sponsors