Become a Patron!

The Naturely Extracted Tobacco Thread

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I thought I would create a crossover for NETizens to discuss NETs both commercial and home based. Special hello to La Cosa NETstra.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope to learn allot from this forum as well. What exactly is NET "natural extracted tobacco???"

Brewer's Vapes-Ptld Or
NET's are extracted from tobacco in all it's myriad forms. From pipe tobacco to cigars. It is no more difficult than DIY with synthetic flavors. NET's provide a true tobacco taste. Tobacco is procured from any B&M or online tobacconist. It can be an ounce of single varietal Burley, Virginia or Turkish. There are hundreds of flavored Pipe Tobaccos and premium cigars to choose from, even cigarette tobaccos.

Take a clean container, preferably stainless or glass that will hold 80 mls. of PG. Pour about 60 mls in and start adding your tobacco as it soaks up the PG you can add more. When done the PG should just cover the tobacco. Cover your container and put it in a dark, room temperature spot. Let it sit from 3 - 6 weeks depending on the type of tobacco.

When ready, pour out the extract into a container squeezing out the liquid from the tobacco. You should have at least 60 mls. Them put a piece of 100% sterile cotton in the bottom of a large 20 ml+ syringe without the needle. Pour your extract in leaving room at the top to insert the plunger. Then squeeze the extract through the cotton into a clean container.

You now have your extract. You can begin by using 15-20% flavor to base ratio for your juice. That's it. This is extraction in it's simplest form. There are umpteen different methods you will read about but they all result in the same thing.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good vape.

Wait, Is this a DIY NET thread or an all inclusive NET topic thread that happens to be located in the DIY section?

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wait, Is this a DIY NET thread or an all inclusive NET topic thread that happens to be located in the DIY section?

Both. there are no exclusions. Just want to remind folks that commercial net vendors for the most part are doing the same thing as DIY. There are exceptions like MVJ who distill their NET's. They burn much cleaner on coils but most of us find them less flavorful especially the cigar NET's.

Also be reminded that WAT or Whole Alkaloid Tobacco products are not NET's and the jury is still out on their safety.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check out the juices from Walker Tobacco Alternatives.

Great stuff!

True they are tasty but not NET and not DIY. WAT's are a different category and their safety has not been shown through lab tests. So I would like to avoid talk about them if you please.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usually get my tobacco and cigars from Pipe & Tobacco online. You can get ounces of Varietals, Blending and processed pipe tobacco, as well as single cigars. An ounce gives me about 60 mls of extract. You can use several different heat methods, cold macerations and filtering. I'm thinking of using a coffee press with a 5 micron filter paper that was suggested by BHerbst on another forum. It seems like an easier method than the cotton syringe method.

Anyone thinking of DIY NET's can start off with the easiest method which is cold maceration. There are many methods and by reading you can find out which tobacco's and cigars you might enjoy. There's one for every taste. Ask any question here and I'm sure someone will have the answer.

brewersvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow lots of great info, thank you everyone!!!!!! Lets all keep up the positive forum. This is great so far!!! :)

Both. there are no exclusions. Just want to remind folks that commercial net vendors for the most part are doing the same thing as DIY. There are exceptions like MVJ who distill their NET's. They burn much cleaner on coils but most of us find them less flavorful especially the cigar NET's.

Also be reminded that WAT or Whole Alkaloid Tobacco products are not NET's and the jury is still out on their safety.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to continue my education as well as relaying my experiences with NET's.

Nrustica

Member For 4 Years
This has to do with NET's how?

It's my experience that Hangsen does the finest and most consistent commercial NET. I prefer a dryer cigarette tobacco, less robust than pipe or cigar. Hangsen is the only company I know of that has the equipment and technology to remove the TSNA. They are also the only company which is verifiable two party tested which is not affordable on any small scale. As for DIY, I do a homemade peruvian mapacho brew which is impossible to match, every batch is different. It should also be mentioned that homemade NET can have small amounts of probably harmless WTA along with more measurable amounts of proven harmful tobacco specific nitrosamines AND DEPENDING ON THE TOBACCO USED, a considerable amount of pesticide residue.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's my experience that Hangsen does the finest and most consistent commercial NET. I prefer a dryer cigarette tobacco, less robust than pipe or cigar. Hangsen is the only company I know of that has the equipment and technology to remove the TSNA. They are also the only company which is verifiable two party tested which is not affordable on any small scale. As for DIY, I do a homemade peruvian mapacho brew which is impossible to match, every batch is different. It should also be mentioned that homemade NET can have small amounts of probably harmless WTA along with more measurable amounts of proven harmful tobacco specific nitrosamines AND DEPENDING ON THE TOBACCO USED, a considerable amount of pesticide residue.

Hangsen and many other concentrated flavor manufacturers claim natural ingredients. However they are all synthetics due to flavor molecules being synthetically produced. So the common meme from DIY considers them synthetic concentrates. I don't want to get into those here as they deserve their own thread.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Jack Vityas - I am not pushing Hangsen and have some problems with allergies to their line of essence. Similar to if I use too much pg.

However I find your claims and statments totally false and missleading. Because some companies do their extractions by distillation, or pressure or whatever that does not exclude them from being naturally extracted tobacco essence!

Quote;
"Hangsen and many other concentrated flavor manufacturers claim natural ingredients. However they are all synthetics due to flavor molecules being synthetically produced. So the common meme from DIY considers them synthetic concentrates. I don't want to get into those here as they deserve their own thread."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Back to nets.. what's the best one done so far?
(which kind and type of tobacco)
Love to hear what others are working with
:D

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Smoky Blue ---sorry for the distraction i caused!
As we where discussing in the wrong place yesterday. I was working with cold maceration with 90%pg and 10%distilled water over my cut up whole leaf tobacco mix in a large masson jar, I had really good notes but it has been several months now and cant find them. With weights of tobacco and ml of pg.

I covered the tobacco with pg/dw mixture and re-topped daily until tobacco stopped absorbing anymore fluid. Iended up using about 350ml of pg. with 35ml dw. Shaking daily and back into the fridge and the next day at room temp in the winter. Alternating every 24 hours for about 3-5 weeks.

I thought my filtration process failed me but looked at my mixture a few minutes ago and although it is fairly dark in color there is no sedement on the bottom of the jar and it has been sitting since winter in the same place.
The last time i tried it was at 20% steeped for a week, and that was back when i 1st made it.

My mixture tasted very green and leafy with not the greatest tobacco flavor.I also noticed coils and wick become clogged very quick. However I need to mix another batch of nicotine starting out at maybe 20% NET?

What do you all think would be the best starting precentage. This was my 1st attempt at NETS and got side tracked from this project. I have no idea what to expect from this process.

thanks for any input.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'd say.. leave out any water.. distilled or not!

I don't go by weight or ml.. i go by the jar.. 1/4 tobacco.. cover it in your vg/pg and add a inch.. put clear wrap on top with ring to keep it on.. shake..

if you heat..
do not boil it..
do keep the heat up under boiling for anywhere from half hour to 1 and a half..
swirl it around and let cool for up to 36 hours..
test it.. if i is not where you want it.. top off your fluid and have another go..

if you go cold..

same thing as above.. minus the heat
let soak for up to 3 days.. check..
test it.. if i is not where you want it.. top off your fluid and have another go..

some cold maceration may take anywhere from 1 week to up to 6 months..
its up to you.. :)

that help?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I basically did the same thing but just kept notes for reproducability. I was wondering about the ejuice- What percentage of net are you using in your mix? i had been reading about 20% using this process back before I started.

gotta run ttyl.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on what I am looking for in a net.. light, dark.. tastes can be effected too, as well as how I am approaching my net to begin with..

if it is a trial.. I will start just like any other flavoring.. 2%
if it is to be worked into a recipe..
from 1% up to 15% depending on how ever many other things I am adding to it..

time light and temps all effect it..
just as with what you use to extract the taste and smell of it..

it's good to see others with an interest.. hope to see more people posting.. :)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everyone of the methods in that article are heat methods though. I use to do a lot of herb tincturing back in my younger days and found I liked the cold slow way as a personal preference. I am going to do a complete do over when my new batch of pg comes in. Using whole leaf tobacco, this time just using the sweet virginia seperate, then the burley seperate, and the dark seperate. Then I can play around with blending after it is extracted. A month goes buy pretty fast and I let most of my flavors steep at least 2-4 weeks before using anyways.

The extract I have now is just too leafy and green with little to no tobacco flavor. The tobacco leaf smelled great wehn I used it too!

Perhaps it was the 10% water I put in?

So I'll let you know in a month or so how my secound attempt turns out. I would really like to get a vacuum filter also that hooks to the faucet to draw a vacuum, can't remember the name of that vacuum filter?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm doing my first NET extraction. Gold and black Cavendish blend in plain PG for 2 weeks in my hot summer car. I'm just gonna leave it there and see what happens.

I would give it a shake now and then unless your shocks are really bad on your car and you live 20 miles on a dirt road.:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
me.. I am doing an acid cigar..
this time.. changing it up a bit..
1 menthol crystal
around a handful of chopped cigar.. no scales so.. *shrugs
but this time..
1 cinnamon stick
vg to cover..
in the crock pot for over night

will let it sit up for 1 week.. :)

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Jack Vityas - I am not pushing Hangsen and have some problems with allergies to their line of essence. Similar to if I use too much pg.

However I find your claims and statments totally false and missleading. Because some companies do their extractions by distillation, or pressure or whatever that does not exclude them from being naturally extracted tobacco essence!

Quote;
"Hangsen and many other concentrated flavor manufacturers claim natural ingredients. However they are all synthetics due to flavor molecules being synthetically produced. So the common meme from DIY considers them synthetic concentrates. I don't want to get into those here as they deserve their own thread."

Yeah well, sorry but my thread, my interpretation, not yours. Also, I said concentrated flavor manufacturers. I don't find companies like MVJ and NET.com to be manufacturer's. Diane uses a distillation process. NET - NATURALLY extracted tobaccos. Manufacturers like Hangsen, FA and TFA produce tobacco concentrates with TA in them. Hence, they claim a natural INGREDIENT but for the most part their liquids are synthetically processed.

While I'm at it, before I'm accused of even more false statements, WAT's whole alkaloid tobaccos have been found to contain toxins detrimental to human health. I don't want to discuss those and will ask the moderator to delete any posts concerning them.

That is all. Carry on.

Last edited:

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm doing my first NET extraction. Gold and black Cavendish blend in plain PG for 2 weeks in my hot summer car. I'm just gonna leave it there and see what happens.

That's an Rube Goldberg way of doing it, but very original. Good thinking. Let us know how it comes out.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
me.. I am doing an acid cigar..
this time.. changing it up a bit..
1 menthol crystal
around a handful of chopped cigar.. no scales so.. *shrugs
but this time..
1 cinnamon stick
vg to cover..
in the crock pot for over night

will let it sit up for 1 week.. :)

I'm wondering. Why did you decide to add menthol or cinnamon to the extract and not later when it was done and ready as a concentrate?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah well, sorry but my thread, my interpretation, not yours. Also, I said concentrated flavor manufacturers. I don't find companies like MVJ and NET.com to be manufacturer's. Diane uses a distillation process. NET - NATURALLY extracted tobaccos. Manufacturers like Hangsen, FA and TFA produce tobacco concentrates with TA in them. Hence, they claim a natural INGREDIENT but for the most part their liquids are synthetically processed.

While I'm at it, before I'm accused of even more false statements, WAT's whole alkaloid tobaccos have been found to contain toxins detrimental to human health. I don't want to discuss those and will ask the moderator to delete any posts concerning them.

That is all. Carry on.

Mr vitas sir; Unless the is becomming like ECF, I have just as much right to post in "your thread " as You, and "any of the other people that you tried to stifle as well." Which, BTW; is the only reason why I even made the comment in the 1st place. So you may have your thread and so moderate it as you see fit!;)

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mr vitas sir; Unless the is becomming like ECF, I have just as much right to post in "your thread " as You, and "any of the other people that you tried to stifle as well." Which, BTW; is the only reason why I even made the comment in the 1st place. So you may have your thread and so moderate it as you see fit!;)

Sir, you wound me! Stifle? Really? As far as I'm concerned it is you who are shilling false and misleading information. I started this thread to talk about and inform people about the pleasure of making their own extractions. You come barging in with your Hangsen and Whole Tobacco Leaf post. Common Netiquette and Forum decor have always referred back to the original poster of a thread.

Thanks so much for your permission to have my own thread. But, contrary to your opinion it's everyone's thread, even yours. Just don't think I'll be all over anyone who starts acting like a know it all and may give a newbie misleading info.

If you have ever extracted straight tobacco leaves. you will find that they taste horrible, all of them. That's why folks extract pipe tobaccos and cigars. They are made from processed tobacco's which are cased or topped with different flavorings.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sir, you wound me! Stifle? Really? As far as I'm concerned it is you who are shilling false and misleading information. I started this thread to talk about and inform people about the pleasure of making their own extractions. You come barging in with your Hangsen and Whole Tobacco Leaf post. Common Netiquette and Forum decor have always referred back to the original poster of a thread.

it was Nrustica who I am not able to tag, that started the Hangsen bit..

If you have ever extracted straight tobacco leaves. you will find that they taste horrible, all of them. That's why folks extract pipe tobaccos and cigars. They are made from processed tobacco's which are cased or topped with different flavorings.

actually.. you can use pipe tobacco, and cigars, as well as full tobacco leaves..
there are others too.. but out of respect.. I need my own spot for those..

forget trying this with regular cigarettes.. too many chemicals.. as for the rest.. even snus is ok to try out..

I'm wondering. Why did you decide to add menthol or cinnamon to the extract and not later when it was done and ready as a concentrate?

Experimentation, Jack.. just to see what will happen.. :)

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can report that the Aero coffee Press I got from amazon works great. Way easier than the syringe with cotton method I was using. One push and your done. The plunger goes all the way down and gets most of the liquid out of the tobacco. A lot less cleaning up and mine came with an extra sack of filters so I got 700 of them. I wish I got one of these way back when I started extracting.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it was Nrustica who I am not able to tag, that started the Hangsen bit..

actually.. you can use pipe tobacco, and cigars, as well as full tobacco leaves.. there are others too.. but out of respect.. I need my own spot for those..

forget trying this with regular cigarettes.. too many chemicals.. as for the rest.. even snus is ok to try out..

Experimentation, Jack.. just to see what will happen.. :)

I extract American Spirit cigarettes. Bold, Organic and Perique for the most part. NET.com has a couple of them called Big Spirit, but they are from American Spirit tobacco. I know what you mean though. You won't catch me doing a Camel or Malboro.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Jack; Please except my sincere apologies for winding you up! I mean this! I also felt the same way the other day when I posted that!

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No apology necessary. Sometimes you feel like you have to " Stick to your guns " so to speak.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I manufacture 4 NET's in Seattle You guys might check em out here: www.realtobaccoextract.com
These are cold extractions from whole leaf tobacco. (extracting cigs isn't very tasty)
We just added 4 tea vapes. They are very good and will be useful for those that want to get away from tobacco 100%
No artificial flavors colors or sweetners.
23996ee5661d7d3b1c8da765fc88ca41

I must mention that the extracts we get from whole leaf are fragrant and wonderful - just to rebut the claim I read a few posts back that whole leaf isn't good to extract. Ours are incredibly sweet and tasty. It is true though that the quality of the flavor is dependent upon what you start with. All of our whole leaf extractions are great without any toppings or added flavors.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I manufacture 4 NET's in Seattle You guys might check em out here: www.realtobaccoextract.com
These are cold extractions from whole leaf tobacco. (extracting cigs isn't very tasty)
We just added 4 tea vapes. They are very good and will be useful for those that want to get away from tobacco 100%
No artificial flavors colors or sweetners.
23996ee5661d7d3b1c8da765fc88ca41

Cool. You got NETs and NETeas. LOL. I dig both.

TF450

Member For 4 Years
I make 12 quality NETS that are filtered very well and very affordable

www.Ethervapes.com

10% off code : ETHERV2

Enter when viewing cart :)
Just visited your site (thanks to this thread). I am a committed NET vapor and have tried products from many vendors. Your product looks promising and your pricing is very reasonable so I ordered a few 12 ml. bottles to give it a try. Like the fool I can often be, I forgot to use the coupon code for 10% off, but that is not very important as I did remember to add the free 12 ml bottle when spending $20.00. Looking forward to getting my order and trying out your juice! Will be sure to let you (and the forum members) know what I think.

VU Sponsors