Become a Patron!

The Morning Vape

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely Perry Mason, that was in reruns in the afternoons when I was a kid. The other one, I have no memory of at all.

I recall quite clearly when Gilligan's Island was still B&W. :D

Andria

When I was in grade school the big deal was "Dark Shadows" which aired in the afternoons and was a soap opera about a vampire geared towards kidsl! LOL!!! I never cared for it... but I did watch it.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry. Not trying to be rude and hijack your conversation but, that reminds of turning off the TV after the national anthem and color bar screen and watching the screen go to black except for the horizontal white line that turned into a dot before it turned all the way off.

Ha! Forgot about the National Anthem being played...

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely Perry Mason, that was in reruns in the afternoons when I was a kid. The other one, I have no memory of at all.

I recall quite clearly when Gilligan's Island was still B&W. :D

Andria

Do you remember the Dobie Gillis Show? Dobie was a conservative type college kid and Maynard (John Denver) was a beatnik, his best friend. The Flying Nun... Patty Duke Show...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember watching Fallguy with my dad. And a dirty hairy movie where they played welcome to the jungle for a music video or something. Jim Carrey was the singer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was in grade school the big deal was "Dark Shadows" which aired in the afternoons and was a soap opera about a vampire geared towards kidsl! LOL!!! I never cared for it... but I did watch it.

I became obsessed with vampires when I was 10, after reading Dracula... but that was a year or two after Dark Shadows went off. I saw some reruns of it later, and you're right, it wasn't very good, but when I was a child, I'd probably have loved it. :D Later versions of it weren't really any better, though Ben Cross did a better job of keeping it a melodrama; Depp turned it into a comedy, which I really did not appreciate.

Do you ever watch Gotham? The kid playing Penguin, Robin Lord Taylor, while being a FANDAMNTASTIC actor, also bears a STRONG resemblance to Jonathan Frid.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you remember the Dobie Gillis Show? Dobie was a conservative type college kid and Maynard (John Denver) was a beatnik, his best friend. The Flying Nun... Patty Duke Show...

Watched Dobie Gillis reruns with my ex, but it really wasn't my thing -- too early for me. And that was Bob Denver, who became Gilligan; John Denver was a singer with round glasses. From that era, I preferred The Beav, Our Miss Brooks, and Father Knows Best. Oh, and HAZEL! :giggle:

LOVED the Flying Nun! And Patty Duke too, though even when I was in single digits, I thought "identical cousins" was just too big a stretch. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember watching Fallguy with my dad. And a dirty hairy movie where they played welcome to the jungle for a music video or something. Jim Carrey was the singer.

That was The Dead Pool, the last Harry Callahan movie. And Guns n Roses also had walk-on cameos in that, as funeral guests for that rocker's funeral. :D

Andria

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not saying this in any mean or authoritative sense, only a friendly "this works for me" if you want to consider it. I'm weighing in just a little over 300 lbs and know the weight is causing a lot of problems for me, inclusive of pain. Recently saw an x-ray of my spine that confirmed what I'd thought, got some discs which have fused together or lost the connective gummy stuff between them. That aside I know the weight pushes on the sciatica nerve cluster.
So, I've started exercising more. I have to at this point. The weight might even kill me, sure maybe on down the road, but it could be a very real vector. What I'm doing is trying to walk on a treadmill thirty minutes every so often. In between I have days where it's forty five minutes of various yoga poses. Eventually, want to be walking on a treadmill for an hour at a time. When I walk on a treadmill it is up at the two mile an hour speed. I push and go as long as I can.
Not going to say it's the be all, end all but I do find exercise is helping at least feel better. No, I've not talked to my GP about it but I'm sure a thirty year veteran navy nurse would tell me to do PT. *chuckles* She'd probably kick my ass for not doing some PT every day. And you don't need to go off thinking you'll run a marathon first thing or juggle armored trucks fresh out of bed. Go slow and easy, the bigger steps will come in their due time, no need to kill yourself trying to save yourself.
I've tried a recliner too. It's alright but we got a new memory foam mattress that just rocks balls. My trouble is I just don't sleep, well, very little. Alright, I jawed your ear, let you get to living way you see best. Run 'er slow.
Thanks, I have a whole different reason for my back issue, I have a degenerating disk, it is falling apart. However not bad enough yet to have operation on my back, my dad did so I know the process dont want it until I cant do anything about it. The other reason you hit on the head I don't sleep well at all, I am up more than I am asleep unless I take something. However for 6 months I have been not taking anything due to the fact I thought I gave my body a break after years of taking something. Then there is my leg that is whole mess in it self. I do exercise as I can, I coach baseball on my grandsons team and help in cub scouts. However I still end up on the recliner. HA. I do want one of the memory foam mattress, just cant do it now.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was The Dead Pool, the last Harry Callahan movie. And Guns n Roses also had walk-on cameos in that, as funeral guests for that rocker's funeral. :D

Andria
Oh cool. I don't remember much else about it. But that part stuck with me. Lol. Looked it up. I was 8

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I have a whole different reason for my back issue, I have a degenerating disk, it is falling apart. However not bad enough yet to have operation on my back, my dad did so I know the process dont want it until I cant do anything about it. The other reason you hit on the head I don't sleep well at all, I am up more than I am asleep unless I take something. However for 6 months I have been not taking anything due to the fact I thought I gave my body a break after years of taking something. Then there is my leg that is whole mess in it self. I do exercise as I can, I coach baseball on my grandsons team and help in cub scouts. However I still end up on the recliner. HA. I do want one of the memory foam mattress, just cant do it now.
Memory foam isn't that great. My wife and I sit in the bed a lot and it holds that shape. So we have to sleep opposite of the headboard or it messes up our backs sleeping in a concave position. They're also hot. Makes you sweat like crazy. Which is weird because I'm cold natured

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Memory foam isn't that great. My wife and I sit in the bed a lot and it holds that shape. So we have to sleep opposite of the headboard or it messes up our backs sleeping in a concave position. They're also hot. Makes you sweat like crazy. Which is weird because I'm cold natured

Never thought of that, I also thought they had the cooling gel or whatever in them. My wife is always hot so she like that. Maybe it was a diffrent type mattress.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never thought of that, I also thought they had the cooling gel or whatever in them. My wife is always hot so she like that. Maybe it was a diffrent type mattress.
I think you can buy cooling gel pillow topper for the bed.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD Nope, never watched Gotham. Batman (the original) used to be on when I was a kid but never been into comic-based super hero stuff... Hazel! LOL! Can barely picture her. Patty Duke Show... loved how naughty Patty was always getting good Patty into trouble. A Lucy & Ethel parallel there. But know what you mean... even as a kid it was clear 'we're just pretending they're two people.' :D

And some years later, best variety show ever that's never been topped or equaled: Carol Burnette Show!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh cool. I don't remember much else about it. But that part stuck with me. Lol. Looked it up. I was 8

ROFL! I was already in my 2nd marriage; our son was born that year (88). Apparently you were born the year after I graduated high school. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD Nope, never watched Gotham. Batman (the original) used to be on when I was a kid but never been into comic-based super hero stuff... Hazel! LOL! Can barely picture her. Patty Duke Show... loved how naughty Patty was always getting good Patty into trouble. A Lucy & Ethel parallel there. But know what you mean... even as a kid it was clear 'we're just pretending they're two people.' :D

And some years later, best variety show ever that's never been topped or equaled: Carol Burnette Show!

I agree about Burnette, fucking hilarious.

I was always a Batman fan; as a child, reading comics, Superman was just too goody goody for me; I liked Batman's darkness. And I loved that TV show, though at the time I had no idea it was a comedy. I think I was about 8. :D Gotham is FUCKING GREAT, as the backstory to Batman, explaining why Commissioner Gordon is willing to put up with a vigilante -- it all makes sense. But that kid, Robin Lord Taylor... he's just flat-out fucking AMAZING. I certainly never expected to find the Penguin as my favorite character, but that kid... he's a force of nature. One of those actors like Nicholson, or Michael Keaton, Tommie Lee Jones, chewing that scenery for all he's worth!

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROFL! I was already in my 2nd marriage; our son was born that year (88). Apparently you were born the year after I graduated high school. :D

Andria
Good ol 1980

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, you people are old! Jack Webb and Jack Lalane! Hell, I bet you even remember 77 Sunset Strip and Perry Mason too, huh? :D

Perry Mason is nice, one of the few good lawyers. It doesn't help matters he was played by that Raymond Burr guy, handsome as Hell, imho at least. I'll go get a scalding shower here in few. Odd as I am cold showers do the opposite to me. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bob Denver, who became Gilligan

I think he has died. I think too, I'm outliving a whole lot of folks lately. I'm too young to be this old. Damn the miles.

♪♫♬"All my heroes are dead and gone/They're inside of me, they still live on/They're all dead and gone"♪♫♬

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think he has died. I think too, I'm outliving a whole lot of folks lately. I'm too young to be this old. Damn the miles.

♪♫♬"All my heroes are dead and gone/They're inside of me, they still live on/They're all dead and gone"♪♫♬

Yeah I think the only Islander left is the girl who played Maryanne.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afraid to turn on the morning news...

Do people still steal? Yes.
Do people still murder? Yes.
Do disasters & accidents still happen? Yes.
What's today's weather? ...

Out of that, only the weather is real news & even then you take it with a few grains of salt. Old fellow was a good friend of her granddad we called him uncle Whit.

Uncle Whit's Perspiration Rule Of Thumb - "There's always a fifty percent chance it'll rain, sleet, snow. Think about it, it's going to or it ain't."

So, we took to adding 50% to weather reporter's forecasts & discovered that if they say 20% chance you can figure it'll rain, sleet or snow as it's actually 70%. This is far more accurate in prognostication too.

For watching the news I enjoy it like the old Colgate Comedy Hour. Those 'Wascaly' politicians, man ever clever they got to be to stay two steps ahead of Trump Man. Trump Man can bend object Truth with a glance, stop Facts with his bare hands, tweet faster than broadband transmitted episodes of the Young Turks.

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!

Don't be afraid to know what's going on. Be afraid if you don't because it's then evil can take root.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Good morning all. What's left of it. 10:30 already.

Morning vape today ...

Diy plain ol' Inawera Shisha strawberry mix, chocolate cookie, and once again my homemade cool orange zest.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to like when a juice sits in a tank for a while specially an rdta..... It has open air and as the wick dries it wicks again so the juice always taste good...... This Limitless plus is an example of a good rdta.... I use it everyday for 1.5 years..... It's light and holds almost 7ml of goodness.....
414cb02a9f4690843bcf8f85518e20c0.jpg
a640911244e1ae8eee175c9d758163b4.jpg
83eb2d8aaf19819ff556db4346f7c7b9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you and I are about the same age. I'll be 65 in November.

I'm a few years younger but close enough. You are as young as you feel. I feel 30-something. Sometimes I feel 17-something.. only rarely do I feel within a decade or so of my age. An age I can never precisely remember without counting it out each birthday... and am always surprised.... sometimes because I got ahead of myself and thought I was older. :giggle:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist Hearing the Mighty Mouse theme always reminds me of Andy Kaufman's routine.

Believe me, I keep up on the news. DVR 2hrs of it nightly so I can watch at day's end, FF thru commercials and the stories I have already heard and know what's going on... Just wasn't up for checking yesterday morning with said crap going on, but nuff said. No quicker way to ruin a thread than invite unwitting bot-propagandists who don't realize it, to chime in with their crap. :) I hope that was opaque enough. :D

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ROTFLMAO! The good news is at least he's potty trained.

Yeah, no shit! (literally) When our son was growing up, I very often asked them, which one of you is the kid, and which the grownup? They'd look at each other and shrug. :facepalm:

Andria

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Good morning all!
The Morning Vape... hmmmm...
It occurs to me I remember back in the day probably 20 years ago when Yahoo Chat was a fun time, until it turned into a big soap opera. Anyway, you could talk to each other in chat. Glad that's not possible here because I don't believe I want to hear anybody's, how should I say, morning bodily functions. And don't even TRY to tell me it wouldn't happen.

'cause if nobody else did I would :poop:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all!
The Morning Vape... hmmmm...
It occurs to me I remember back in the day probably 20 years ago when Yahoo Chat was a fun time, until it turned into a big soap opera. Anyway, you could talk to each other in chat. Glad that's not possible here because I don't believe I want to hear anybody's, how should I say, morning bodily functions. And don't even TRY to tell me it wouldn't happen.

'cause if nobody else did I would :poop:

I used to be a regular at Atlanta Chatline BBS, in the early/mid 90s... it was terrific fun... But as soon as I found "chat" on the internet, I realized that the 12 yr old boys had finally taken over, with their "what kind of panties are you wearing?" stupidity. :facepalm:

Andria

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I used to be a regular at Atlanta Chatline BBS, in the early/mid 90s... it was terrific fun... But as soon as I found "chat" on the internet, I realized that the 12 yr old boys had finally taken over, with their "what kind of panties are you wearing?" stupidity. :facepalm:

Andria

:giggle::xD: My ex used to get soooooooo mad at that. What got me was what they called "Going on a Plane Ride". A group of them would load up all their "boot" programs and randomly go from one room to another kicking everybody off the servers. :mad:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well my morning vape is a drop of Nude Nic's NET in my usual fare, left over in the tank from last night. (Thanks to a member here who reminded me in another thread that NN sells VG-based flavors, setting off the light bulb that I had some from two years ago I forgot all about.) They do make a great NET. A little full and hairy for first thing in the morning but ... also delicious... :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist Hearing the Mighty Mouse theme always reminds me of Andy Kaufman's routine.

Believe me, I keep up on the news. DVR 2hrs of it nightly so I can watch at day's end, FF thru commercials and the stories I have already heard and know what's going on... Just wasn't up for checking yesterday morning with said crap going on, but nuff said. No quicker way to ruin a thread than invite unwitting bot-propagandists who don't realize it, to chime in with their crap. :) I hope that was opaque enough. :D

Uh huh, gotcha as stated privately. :) I only kind of glance at MSM a wee bit. For me it's like Carlin says, a big circus. But I do see your point here too. * pops can of Bot-Be-Boomed, watches bots be fragged to bits and bytes *

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hm, morning vape was the same as yesterday, unflavored 18 mg/1 ml nicotine VG base. To me it has a subtle sweet flavor which I attribute to simply being left overs from processing out either palm kernel or beet sugar, however the VG is made. I like it, but still like a hint of flavor now and again. Usually about 1 ml of whatever in a 10 ml bottle. Think I might spend the $5 to get some Hawk sauce flavoring from MT Baker, buy a 250 ml bottle for mixing it in. Have found my base for less than $20 per Liter. That's all the DIY I need to get into I think, that and kitchen flavors.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:giggle::xD: My ex used to get soooooooo mad at that. What got me was what they called "Going on a Plane Ride". A group of them would load up all their "boot" programs and randomly go from one room to another kicking everybody off the servers. :mad:

Y'know that NO CARRIER message that would pop up when someone in someone's house would pick up an extension, or their call waiting would kick in? We always had a good time with those, following them up with NO AIRPLANES and NO BATTLESHIP and then someone would HAVE TO chime in with YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP! :giggle: But the best fun was the bashes that would be held in some ATL hotel ballroom, getting to meet and greet the faces that went with the "handles"... I was "Carmilla" for YEARS. :D And I had some great friends; I'd already stopped drinking, so I'd show up with a quart of fresh-brewed iced tea, and ask the bartender to keep it at the bar for me, so some idiot wouldn't spike it and set back my recovery; when my friends wouild see me sipping the amber-colored drink on ice, they'd run over and smell it, to make sure I was being good. :D Good times. :)

Andria

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Y'know that NO CARRIER message that would pop up when someone in someone's house would pick up an extension, or their call waiting would kick in? We always had a good time with those, following them up with NO AIRPLANES and NO BATTLESHIP and then someone would HAVE TO chime in with YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP! :giggle: But the best fun was the bashes that would be held in some ATL hotel ballroom, getting to meet and greet the faces that went with the "handles"... I was "Carmilla" for YEARS. :D And I had some great friends; I'd already stopped drinking, so I'd show up with a quart of fresh-brewed iced tea, and ask the bartender to keep it at the bar for me, so some idiot wouldn't spike it and set back my recovery; when my friends wouild see me sipping the amber-colored drink on ice, they'd run over and smell it, to make sure I was being good. :D Good times. :)

Andria

I'm telling on myself here but, I remember when we had party lines. :wait:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm telling on myself here but, I remember when we had party lines. :wait:

I remember my grandparents talking about it, but I've never actually used or known of an actual party line. My parents bought a brand new house in 1970, and we got a touch tone phone! Those were great, I could play mary had a little lamb, and twinkle twinkle. :D The thing my son and i were talking about today was phones with the realllllllllllllllllll long cords, so you could take them out to the porch -- we had that, in the apartment we lived in when our son was growing up. :D I got one of those when my folks bought another house in 1978, and I had the bedroom upstairs -- the phone in the den upstairs was a princess phone, with a 25' straight cord, and I got a really long curly cord for it, so I could take it into my room and have "my own phone." :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors