the long case a english oak sustainable mod juice storage cabinet

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
made in the summer of 2016 this actually went by DHL to new york

DVD

Phone booth .."

Isn't it funny? You hear a phone ring and it could be anybody. But a ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?"

so I spent a day sorting oak, I have t and g it all using my spindle moulder with some new knives I have found in a box surprise surprise.

alfIMG_2563.JPG

q. What are the lines for in the planks
a. it stops it warping

alfIMG_2572.JPG

ok carcass is oak but i have some thin t and g match board for the back I would use oak but weight wise it will be like lead to hang up

alfIMG_2573.JPG

a bit of molding cut on the spindle the knives are 30 years old no shop bought B & screws.... here, all the joints are dove tail or dowel.

alfIMG_2575.JPG

the bottom half is a door that drops down, the top half is a glass door opening on the right

alfIMG_2594.JPG
the plinth on the top for that more clock long case look, sand it

alfIMG_2597.JPG

glass it on a handy dustbin as you do (notice the dvd racks) parliament hinges and those corner things (what are they) we will come to those in a minute

alfIMG_2598.JPG

stain it and bison wax it, sorry no varnish here only wax ("i love the smell of wax in the morning" hmmm sounds familiar) add a leather strap for the bottom cupboard ready to be wall hung (need to pick up some d rings tomorrow) ball bearing catches and test it all works
the corner things are corner decorations to give the cupboard a bit of flare I'm in two minds? what do you think class or trash?

alfIMG_2640.JPG

Alfie's paw print and matching knobs throughout, you will see an atty stand inside also in one of the pictures
complete

one double long case wall cabinet in oak with bronze and brass fittings, waxed..................done

returning soon with different things and as always

if you love my cabinets and cases, stands and bags then like them....buy them

Attachments

• alfIMG_2577.JPG
    alfIMG_2577.JPG
    686.3 KB · Views: 2
  • alfIMG_2604.jpg
    alfIMG_2604.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 2

VU Sponsors