Member For 5 Years
yes indeed great find

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good article, would have been better if the snide remarks had been edited out.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"According the Centers for Disease Control, more than 16 million Americans suffer smoking related disease, nearly 500 million die every year because they smoke, and another 41,000 die because other people smoke."

I assume that's a typo on the magazine's part, but shit like that has to stop. The number of total worldwide deaths is no greater than 60 million.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This would be a good article to print out so next time the ignorant tell me how bad vaping is I can just hand them this and say “educate yourself”. Or better yet say “this is a good read that will help you to stay informed”, because you catch more flies with honey and whatnot.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"According the Centers for Disease Control, more than 16 million Americans suffer smoking related disease, nearly 500 million die every year because they smoke, and another 41,000 die because other people smoke."

I assume that's a typo on the magazine's part, but shit like that has to stop. The number of total worldwide deaths is no greater than 60 million.

It seems like there’s a lot of typos everywhere now that everyone uses phones and pads to write important stuff. The predictive and auto correct stuff make mistakes a lot, imo.

Half a billion people dying from anything in one year would be along the lines of the Black Death/Plague!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems like there’s a lot of typos everywhere now that everyone uses phones and pads to write important stuff. The predictive and auto correct stuff make mistakes a lot, imo.

Half a billion people dying from anything in one year would be along the lines of the Black Death/Plague!!

that's the point one article misplaces,or adds a zero or even called PG by its similar sounding car fluid and then everyone in the media picks up this story without proper vetting. then the original story prints a correction but those who picked it up dont since they are citing the old source. all of a sudden you hear there radiator fluid in your juice that's not safe. the industry spends money on media correction and information campaigns. then big government comes in during this and gets things controlled after all its for the children. yet the devices where never marketed for kids or teens and were meant for adult smokers who wanted a reduced harm product. even without clinical trials if you look at the pure amount of chemicals you can say it is safer since the amounts are way lower yet still unknown. now that we have studies that confirm that to a degree of 98% yet the government that wants to ban it out of the market so these heat not burn devices can slide in to protect Big T and the Master settlement agreement or simply get a revenue for bribes "tips" in those area that do that sort of thing.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
that's the point one article misplaces,or adds a zero or even called PG by its similar sounding car fluid and then everyone in the media picks up this story without proper vetting. then the original story prints a correction but those who picked it up dont since they are citing the old source. all of a sudden you hear there radiator fluid in your juice that's not safe. the industry spends money on media correction and information campaigns. then big government comes in during this and gets things controlled after all its for the children. yet the devices where never marketed for kids or teens and were meant for adult smokers who wanted a reduced harm product. even without clinical trials if you look at the pure amount of chemicals you can say it is safer since the amounts are way lower yet still unknown. now that we have studies that confirm that to a degree of 98% yet the government that wants to ban it out of the market so these heat not burn devices can slide in to protect Big T and the Master settlement agreement or simply get a revenue for bribes "tips" in those area that do that sort of thing.

The heat not burn, stick a cig in a thing and fake vape it, are really crazy, imo. I wonder if these kids realize they’re being used as pawns in this game by BT and everyone else!

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The heat not burn, stick a cig in a thing and fake vape it, are really crazy, imo. I wonder if these kids realize they’re being used as pawns in this game by BT and everyone else!

some may even have gotten paid the world will never know.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed. It's frustrating to see the decline of language skills. Many people don't view accuracy in language use to be of great importance. These people don't seem to understand that reality is created by language use. We can see that in the attack on vaping.

I'm a linguist and so I find it a bit more frustrating than most. I also can see and identify the problems more clearly than most. Mistakes while speaking are tolerable and understandable, but mistakes in published writings, such as the above example, are inexcusable. It indicates many possible problems: a lack of professionalism; a lack of knowledge; a lack of attention and a few other potential problems. It's disheartening.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hadn’t thought of that. More depressing, if possible.

yep even there parents could have been as well...after all how many times do you think the teens coughed and mom just said it was a cold. breathing problems are no joke so i dont see how the cases got so bad so fast then again i am no expert of lipid growth or treatments.

hell back in the day Big T even tried other research to get people Hooked so i would think they could have connections to push a few cases along for the attention while ignoring the true cause being the street buy of a THC cart.

VU Sponsors