Become a Patron!

The flu. The Pneumonia. The Blood Infection. **Warning Graphic Images**

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has quite possibly been the worst week for Mr and Mrs Skt in the history of the skt’s. Wife and I get the flu. She wakes up Friday morning and can’t breath, has a massive fever. I take her to urgent care, they find she has the flu, pneumonia and strep throat. Off to the hospital in an ambulance they send her. She’s been in the ICU ever since on a breathing machine, completely incapacitated.

So I’ve been running around back and fourth to see her and trying to keep the house hold in order and my flu is just getting worse and worse. Our 5 year old has been staying with in laws to keep her from getting sick and ive been sleeping at our house alone.

Last night I was in a massive amount of pain in my back. I was pouring sweat, shivering cold, running a 104 fever and could barely breathe. I tried calling the in laws around 300 in the am but they didn’t pick up so I decided to make my way to the living room and lay on the couch by the fire. That’s all I remember. When I woke up my father in law and fire & rescue were standing over me. I had left barely intelligible messages on my inlaws VM’s saying I wasn’t going to die but I probably might. They rushed over and almost broke down the door before they found the spare key.

So here I sit in a big fancy hospital room with a near fatal blood infection, bilateral pneumonia and the worst flu imaginable. And on the other side of town, my beautiful wife has even more to worry about aside from her health.

On the plus side, 2018 can’t get any worse at this point (sure it can and probably will) so just gotta be positive. Please pray to your respective deities for the skt’s.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap! Hope you all feel better real soon! Thoughts and prayers continuously coming your way!

N3Q3IaPx_400x400.png

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks you all are great. I have an autoimmune disorder called crohns diseases which just complicates the hell out of everything. What really sucks is not being able to vape. I’m not a stranger to being in the hospital so i always do some super stealth vaping once I’m in my own room. Not this time, even sucking air sends me into a coughing frenzy.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to hear this brother...
Prayers to you and yours for a speedy recovery

3 John 1:2 - Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This has quite possibly been the worst week for Mr and Mrs Skt in the history of the skt’s. Wife and I get the flu. She wakes up Friday morning and can’t breath, has a massive fever. I take her to urgent care, they find she has the flu, pneumonia and strep throat. Off to the hospital in an ambulance they send her. She’s been in the ICU ever since on a breathing machine, completely incapacitated.

So I’ve been running around back and fourth to see her and trying to keep the house hold in order and my flu is just getting worse and worse. Our 5 year old has been staying with in laws to keep her from getting sick and ive been sleeping at our house alone.

Last night I was in a massive amount of pain in my back. I was pouring sweat, shivering cold, running a 104 fever and could barely breathe. I tried calling the in laws around 300 in the am but they didn’t pick up so I decided to make my way to the living room and lay on the couch by the fire. That’s all I remember. When I woke up my father in law and fire & rescue were standing over me. I had left barely intelligible messages on my inlaws VM’s saying I wasn’t going to die but I probably might. They rushed over and almost broke down the door before they found the spare key.

So here I sit in a big fancy hospital room with a near fatal blood infection, bilateral pneumonia and the worst flu imaginable. And on the other side of town, my beautiful wife has even more to worry about aside from her health.

On the plus side, 2018 can’t get any worse at this point (sure it can and probably will) so just gotta be positive. Please pray to your respective deities for the skt’s.

:hug:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's said that God will never put more on you than you can handle. But I know sometimes it feels like He's pushing the envelope. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family, friend... <3

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn...!
Sincerely hope you and the wife are in good health VERY quickly...!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

My wife has made improvements today. She’s had her oxygen level drastically reduced, she ate three meals of hospital food (a feat in its own for the non sick let let alone the really sick) and she’s finally being moved to an normal room not in the ICU. I on the other hand have my blood infections under control and my fever has stayed pretty low grade for a while now.

As someone who was prescribed pain killlers for years and was finally able to get off less than a year ago, I was very hesitant to take anything at all other than the initial thing they gave in the ambulance. Well my principaled stand ended a few hours ago after a horribly painful coughing fit. This will be too tough to handle on my own so it’s morphine and TV for the duration.
Lucky for me, always thought morphine was weak sauce.

Thanks again for all the love guys. I truly think your thoughts and prayers helped my wife. You guys are the best.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

So my wife is most likely going home tomorrow, thank god. My infection keeps coming back, despite every kind of antibiotic under the sun being pumped in and my lungs are not clearing up. So I’m stuck here for another couple days and possibly have to get my lungs drained.

Will I ever vape again? I hope so because out depression I spent $100 on juice and coils this morning.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

So my wife is most likely going home tomorrow, thank god. My infection keeps coming back, despite every kind of antibiotic under the sun being pumped in and my lungs are not clearing up. So I’m stuck here for another couple days and possibly have to get my lungs drained.

Will I ever vape again? I hope so because out depression I spent $100 on juice and coils this morning.
Hang in there and get better friend.
Glad about the wife unit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello all,

Great news on Mrs SKT!!!
Hang in there and get better!!! You have vapemail coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello all,

:hug:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wishing you both the very best. Hope you are all reunited soon.
Good morning all.

Yesterday I had a tube inserted into my back that is sucking out all the fluid from my lungs; it’s really gross and hurts a lot. The fluid coming out is really infected so it looks like early next week I’ll probably have a surgery to remove what fluid the pump can’t before it can get to my heart and brain. So looks like I’m here for a lot longer.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, my wife thanks everyone as well. I don’t normally put my business out on the street but you folks are alright. And im bored, really really bored :zombie:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning all.

Yesterday I had a tube inserted into my back that is sucking out all the fluid from my lungs; it’s really gross and hurts a lot. The fluid coming out is really infected so it looks like early next week I’ll probably have a surgery to remove what fluid the pump can’t before it can get to my heart and brain. So looks like I’m here for a lot longer.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, my wife thanks everyone as well. I don’t normally put my business out on the street but you folks are alright. And im bored, really really bored :zombie:

Sorry it sucks so bad. Hope ya get better. Wish I could do something to help. Maybe tie ya upside down to a horse and bounce that shit out of your lungs. :p

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry it sucks so bad. Hope ya get better. Wish I could do something to help. Maybe tie ya upside down to a horse and bounce that shit out of your lungs. :p
Haha the treatments have been so barbaric and colonial I might give that a try. I’m waiting for the doctor to try blood letting and leeches next.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't sound like much fun. I got sick but my wife gave me a shot glass of stuff she makes with essential oils that tastes like drinking turpentine. I don't know what's in it but it seems to work.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't sound like much fun. I got sick but my wife gave me a shot glass of stuff she makes with essential oils that tastes like drinking turpentine. I don't know what's in it but it seems to work.
My wife is a big essential oil user and normally she makes me a roller blend, gives me a concoction to drink and I’m good as well. This year it looks like the Russians really mixed together a doozie of a strain. I’m going to get out front of CNN on this one and blame the Russians for the flu outbreak.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife is a big essential oil user and normally she makes me a roller blend, gives me a concoction to drink and I’m good as well. This year it looks like the Russians really mixed together a doozie of a strain. I’m going to get out front of CNN on this one and blame the Russians for the flu outbreak.
Yep just take your pic on who to blame it on.
Illegal immigrants,
those of different religion.
Those of different skin color,
Those of different political party.
GMO.
Wal Mart.
Peanut butter and jelly sammitches.
etc...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Eager to hear any update you feel like posting....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eager to hear any update you feel like posting....

Hello all.

Well it was an over shitty day for the most part. I ran a high fever most of the day so I couldn’t do much of anything. My drainage pump thing still isn’t working very well so they did some chest x-rays to confirm that. Tomorrow they will inject some stuff back there to see if that helps the process, if it doesn’t by tomorrow then I’ll definitely have surgery this week.

On the plus side, my family... errrr... herbalist came to visit and brought me an edible arrangement made of things we are not to speak of here. That’s really lifted my spirits so I’m about to snack on a couple gummies and watch this show pesky blinders I hear so many good things about. Hopefully tomorrow last ditch attempt prevents surgery but I’m pretty certain I’ll be going under someone’s knife.

Hope you all are healthy and happy!!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello all.

Well it was an over shitty day for the most part. I ran a high fever most of the day so I couldn’t do much of anything. My drainage pump thing still isn’t working very well so they did some chest x-rays to confirm that. Tomorrow they will inject some stuff back there to see if that helps the process, if it doesn’t by tomorrow then I’ll definitely have surgery this week.

On the plus side, my family... errrr... herbalist came to visit and brought me an edible arrangement made of things we are not to speak of here. That’s really lifted my spirits so I’m about to snack on a couple gummies and watch this show pesky blinders I hear so many good things about. Hopefully tomorrow last ditch attempt prevents surgery but I’m pretty certain I’ll be going under someone’s knife.

Will continue sending the best vibes to ya

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning all.

Damn brother.... nothing but love and prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

Hope everything goes well, Sounds like the Dr's are staying on top of it.
better days ahead, stay strong:wave:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Captains log from the SS morphine

Well today was definitely remarkable and in a good way. My lung pump is fully functional and pulling the most disgusting stuff you’ve ever seen in your life out by the bucket load. I don’t know where my lungs have been hiding all this stuff... this is a big deal because all though there is still lots of pneumonia in there (treatable with regular meds and rest) the fluids have to come out before all else. So as long as it’s pumping, no surgery for me.

Rejoice.

I still got my pain and random fevers but that’s what morphine and Tylenol are for. I actually woke up in pain and the nurse just hit me with some morphine about 5 min so I figured I’d take advantage and write an update before it fully kicks in and I’m asleep again.

My dad came by today, who I absolutely adore, and brought a huge amount of food for myself and the staff here. He set a little mini buffet in the corner of my room complete with food warmers and served everyone the best Lebanese food this side of the Mississippi. They were thrilled and him just being here made a huge difference. It wasn’t until he got here that’s the pump started working. I sincerely think his presence played a big role.

So yeah all and all, a great day. Thanks again to all my peeps here. I’ll keep you all updated.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Captains log from the SS morphine

Well today was definitely remarkable and in a good way. My lung pump is fully functional and pulling the most disgusting stuff you’ve ever seen in your life out by the bucket load. I don’t know where my lungs have been hiding all this stuff... this is a big deal because all though there is still lots of pneumonia in there (treatable with regular meds and rest) the fluids have to come out before all else. So as long as it’s pumping, no surgery for me.

Rejoice.

I still got my pain and random fevers but that’s what morphine and Tylenol are for. I actually woke up in pain and the nurse just hit me with some morphine about 5 min so I figured I’d take advantage and right an update before it fully kicks in and I’m asleep again.

My dad came by today, who I absolutely adore, and brought a huge amount of food for myself and the staff here. He set a little mini buffet in the corner of my room complete with food warmers and served everyone the best Lebanese food this side of the Mississippi. They were thrilled and him just being here made a huge difference. It wasn’t until he got here that’s the pump started working. I sincerely think his presence played a big role.

So yeah all and all, a great day. Thanks again to all my peeps here. I’ll keep you all updated.

Great news skt hopefully you’ll start seeing a marked improvement over the next few days

VU Sponsors