Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's an omen for the end. It'll be small vendors like that who die out first. If you have ANY purchases you've been debating pulling the trigger on, DO IT NOW. Regardless of how this fight plays out, you don't know how many vendors are going to flee in terror at the first sign of something going wrong.

I'm more worried they'll be marking shit up to squeeze us as much as possible

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Small vendors will stick their heads in the sand and just wholesale out their entire inventory and liquidate their company now that this shit is going on. I mean this could BANKRUPT entire businesses, entire livelihoods will be destroyed, people will be out of jobs. So the small guys are going to cash out early so they don't lose everything. It's sad, but it makes sense.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am doubly pissed off now, righteously.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd bet there will be so many federal lawsuits coming it will be mind boggling....this shit will be tied up in courts for a while....all we need is one federal judge to say the FDA just fucked up.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Small vendors will stick their heads in the sand and just wholesale out their entire inventory and liquidate their company now that this shit is going on. I mean this could BANKRUPT entire businesses, entire livelihoods will be destroyed, people will be out of jobs. So the small guys are going to cash out early so they don't lose everything. It's sad, but it makes sense.
It will cause a lot of small business to close, my hope is that they band together and raise holy political hell and extract as many pounds of political flesh as they can. In the long rin, it will hurt states because the lose sales tax and other taxes. Short shortsightedness is apparently an inherited condition in politicians, local, state, or federal.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am happy to say another mech is coming and the hexohm, along with some RBAvapor stuff has shipped. I am done. Let the horses run. Still pissed.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I am happy to say another mech is coming and the hexohm, along with some RBAvapor stuff has shipped. I am done. Let the horses run. Still pissed.
congrats man! you ended up getting it!!! that's awesome bro!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sure china will still be selling online and exporting...though it may be seized at customs but they wont catch it all...Im more concerned with juice then mods, VVV and the other companies I depend on wont be able to afford the application process...
Question. If a manufacturer was to make a vibrator that screws on a Mod with a 510 connection, is it a Mod or a personal massage device? If a loop that fits just like a drip tip with O rings & all on an atomizer yet can be removed is it a Ladies Pendant, or an atomizer. Can the FDA tell? I sure as fuck can't. :shades:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Question. If a manufacturer was to make a vibrator that screws on a Mod with a 510 connection, is it a Mod or a personal massage device? If a loop that fits just like a drip tip with O rings & all on an atomizer yet can be removed is it a Ladies Pendant, or an atomizer. Can the FDA tell? I sure as fuck can't. :shades:

That's one of the things thats making this so maddening. We'll have to be buying these flashlight gizmos and other things - and the problem is that when products get into that realm, the price gouging begins and quality usually plummets.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love how they throw the statistic about high school kids e-cig usage going from 1% to 16%. I'd like to know what the stats on high school kids usage of cigarettes are in that same timeframe.
Me too

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I love how they throw the statistic about high school kids e-cig usage going from 1% to 16%. I'd like to know what the stats on high school kids usage of cigarettes are in that same timeframe.

In the news report I watched last night they said that teenage smoking went from like 15% to 9% in that same time period. It was CBS; I have no way of knowing if that is correct.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lol. I told my buddy who is big into vaping about the FDA regs being dropped finally, and the first thing he said was "Well I guess Im gonna be buying a lot of flavored anal lube". I was like...wtf? Then he explained, if you take the nicotine out of the eliquid, you can sell it as flavored lube (barring any push back about that) and the end user can add nicotine themselves. Im skeptical.

At any rate. Ill be alright. Grab a few bottles of nic, stick it in the freezer, and just DIY for the next lifetime. I can vape almost any ejuice and be happy But my buddy, he vapes the same 3 flavors religiously and cant really stand anything else. So Im more worried about him when those shops go under. He better stock up.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just worry that I can't get vg or pg. You can probably get pg but without vg it is a no go.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
remember back in the day people were modding flashlights and making them into mods...you could make a flashlight with "special;" 510 threaded bulbs that would be just a mod, it could have a cheap plastic lens that you would just thow away,throw away the 510 bulb and put your atty on....hell you could sell the bulbs seperately so people wouldn't even have to buy them.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone besides me notice when the fuck ups @ govment do some stupid shit against the wishes of the people it never turns out well for the govment? They banned Booze, didn't work to well, the war on other stuff, same conclusion, their just playin' with their microscopic pee pee. :crazy::shades:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a friend that grows tobacco to big tobacco company's. He said there dancing in the street over this crap.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
why....wouldn't be better for them to join forces with us and make laws that protect the consumption of nicotine through vaping legal, and protect the domestic tobacco industry...we'd buy all our nic from them.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
why....wouldn't be better for them to join forces with us and make laws that protect the consumption of nicotine through vaping legal, and protect the domestic tobacco industry...we'd buy all our nic from them.

No. There are no USP grade nicotine extractors in the US. Growers and cig companies are better off without vaping.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. There are no USP grade nicotine extractors in the US. Growers and cig companies are better off without vaping.
how hard can it be to start a nic extraction lab. hell there are two labs I know of that extract WTAs from tobacco, and I get the idea that it is much harder to do than extrcting the nic.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how hard can it be to start a nic extraction lab.

Not hard, there are extractors. But, USP grade is harder, and likely expensive to get approval.

I suspect that the cost for a USP grade approved lab to compete with the ones that already exist overseas through the big Pharma companies would be prohibitive. Pure nic is a very small market since so little is used for say a 8mg per ml application. In other words, the market is too small to justify the legal cost for a USP grade approved lab.

We can use non USP grade that is just as good but doesn't have USP approval. But, consumers really like the designation.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This reminds me of when they tried to ban AR15 rifles and there were panic buys and all the ammo got bought up...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Not hard, there are extractors. But, USP grade is harder, and likely expensive to get approval.

I suspect that the cost for a USP grade approved lab to compete with the ones that already exist overseas through the big Pharma companies would be prohibitive. Pure nic is a very small market since so little is used for say a 8mg per ml application. In other words, the market is too small to justify the legal cost for a USP grade approved lab.

We can use non USP grade that is just as good but doesn't have USP approval. But, consumers really like the designation.
google: PharmaNic
USA based TOBACCO FREE nicotine.
the only one of its kind in existence.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I love how they throw the statistic about high school kids e-cig usage going from 1% to 16%.

it's kind of like how model 2018 vehicle sales will more than triple the next two years.
They pick a time when vaping barely existed then pick the time when it went mainstream, take experimentation ( tried it once ever) and call it "use" and all of a sudden it looks like a fucking epidemic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors