Become a Patron!

The DNA25 can vape!

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The data sheet isn't available yet, but from testing I've found that the dna25 can only go to 7 volts. Which is less than the dna20, not sure why they did that, but it's possible the dna25 can still output more amps. Not sure yet, because we don't have a data sheet. Regardless, I still get some sweet vapor from the dna25 setup, and wanted to show you that it still performs very well. If anyone has the datasheet on the dna25, or knows any more info, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, Dave.

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to make sure I make a mod exactly like you want. I have different enclosures, buttons, 510, and even a powder coating place nearby that can help make it "your" mod. For that one that I was using it would end up being $180 shipped, and I'll include some nickel wire, and japanese cotton. Feel free to message me and we can talk about the options. Thanks, Dave.

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
I want to make sure I make a mod exactly like you want. I have different enclosures, buttons, 510, and even a powder coating place nearby that can help make it "your" mod. For that one that I was using it would end up being $180 shipped, and I'll include some nickel wire, and japanese cotton. Feel free to message me and we can talk about the options. Thanks, Dave.
Does those have the celsius option?

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The DNA25 does not have the celsius option. Not sure why Evolv didn't just to that from the get go. I will say I don't think this means that the DNA25 is any more "behind in testing" than the DNA40 though. Every DNA25 I've had has performed flawlessly.

Lipford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm 99% sure I've determined the amp output limit of the DNA25. It is 13 Amps. So, 7 Volts Max, and 13 Amp Max for the DNA25. This means your minimum resistance nickel build, or kanthal for that matter is going to be .15 to utilize the full 25 watts.

I determined this by making different coils at different resistances, and turning it up to 25 watts, and waiting for the "ohms too low" to begin flashing on the screen.

The thing we have to consider is, the amp output. Sure the volt output is only 7 volts, but the amps is 13.

The DNA20 can put out 8.3 Volts, but only 7 Amps
The DNA30 can put out 8.3 Volts, and a Max of 12 Amps
The DNA40 can put out 9 Volts, and 16 Amps, with a instantaneous peak of 23 amps.

It's just neat to see that the DNA25 is tailored toward nickel builds. You won't need as many volts, but you will utilize the amps with builds as low as nickel builds end up.

VU Sponsors