Become a Patron!

The De-Lushious Review of Wotofo's Lush Plus RDA

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wotofo is at it again with another product that works flawlessly. One thing I like about Wotofo is they release a ton of products that are all very different, so no matter how you like to vape there is something for you...And it's going to be a good quality vape that's priced right. @HeavenGifts asked for my honest opinion on this RDA, so here's what I got!

Specs:
- 24mm Diameter
- 32mm Height (including drip tip)
- Titanium Alloy Screws (Nice!)
- German Peek Insulator
- Dual Independent Posts w/ 4 Holes
- 2.5mm post holes for those big, chunky builds.
- Non adjustable Kennedy styled airflow
- Stainless Steel Constructed

What Comes in the Box:
- RDA
- Spare O-rings
- Beefy Little Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Cotton (Not standard square cotton either)
- 3 Fused Clapton Coils (the box says twisted...they're not but we'll get to that)

I opened the package to see the same sliding kind of package that most Wotofo products come in now days, but with new graphics. It's got that steampunk style and looks pretty cool if I do say so myself. Once the box is opened, the first thing you see is the RDA displayed in all it's glory, held tightly in place with foam.

The top cap is a beautifully crafted solid piece of stainless steel, that looks and feels super smooth. The big ridge that runs horizontally across the side gives it a nice, sleek look along with the word "LUSH" and that's it! Keeping it clean and simple was a good idea. Some companies clutter their product with so many designs and engravings its ugly. As I learned in the sign business, sometimes less is more. The drip tip is Goon "styled", with two o-rings that hold it in place attached to the top cap. Unfortunately Goon driptips will not fit in the Lush so they lost points with some people, thankfully it's very comfortable the way it is. It does not come with a drip tip adapter so the drip tip that comes with it is proprietary. The ridge on the top cap is very handy when removing it from the base. It provides plenty of grip even though it's smooth with a very slight knurling on the bottom side. Flipping it over, the inside is nice and conical, with steps up to the drip tip. It drives every drop of vapor right into your mouth, and if any should slip away, it will run down the sides right back to your wicks for another try. When popping the cap back on to the base, it fits absolutely perfect, and right at the end snaps into place with an audible "click". Its very satisfying
smile.png
The o-rings hold the cap on tight enough to pick up your mod, but effort to remove it is minimal.

Now to the good stuff! The deck is pretty unique and practical, giving you multiple options when installing your coils. Some people would say it's velocity style, I think not. The posts remind me of the Twisted Messes rda cause they're split down the middle, and the Recoil rda with how the holes are stepped up from each other. If you want to build big wide coils: use the outside, bottom holes. If you want smaller coils, use the two top holes. You can also easily install coils with the wire leads off-setting, similar to the Recoil rda. The juice well is nice and deep so you can drip a good amount without worrying to much about flooding your airflow. Usually I over-drip and this is not cool with bottom airflow rda's. Luckily I have not had one leak from the Lush...yet! Another great feature is the amount of room it has for juice to flow and move around the deck. Like the Tsunami 24 plus rda, there is space on the outside of each post for juice to flow, as well as room around the airflow holes, which are very elevated off the deck. I've just been splooging juice down the top and vaping away.

The Lush comes with some nice spares and extras. The cotton that comes in the box is reminiscent of Native Wicks or Cotton Bacon. I used it with my first build and it's not the best cotton that I've used but it's really good quality, has short break-in, and better than most companies who give you a half piece of a japaneese cotton square. I've had no problem getting it to wick so far. The package says that there are twisted coils included but it wasn't so for me. I got three fused claptons, that appear to be 2*28g with 38 or 40g wrap. The wierd thing about them is they arent perfectly round on the outside. You can see in the photo below that they have flat spots all around. This probably won't effect the way they perform but it looks odd. I'm almost sure they are made by a machine, I dont see these being mass produced by hand lol. Why they provide three coils is a mystery, it's nice to have a backup though.

This rda is set up for dual coils only. You can not adjust the airflow in any way. This might steer some of you away, don't let it. Wotofo has machined this thing so the airflow is exactly perfect. It's not super loose, nor is it super tight. It's set just right for big lung hits that are packed full of flavor. It's not noisy, and the draw is very smooth with little turbulence. It's built for optimal performance with some of the best flavor you could ask for...seriously good flavor.

The Lush Plus screws down flush on everything I've tried it on, even though it has a protruding, hybrid safe 510 connection. This thing is going to look freakin awesome on any mod that accepts 24mm atomizers. I can't say enough about how great it looks with everything. It's kind of like a Mini Cooper. It has plenty of room to fit bulky builds on the inside, but on the outside it looks short, squat, and small. The quality is admirable as well. Threads are smooth as butter, post screws included. Those post screws are damn nice, some of the best I've seen on any affordable device. Those post screws are monsters! Some products from China do not get the credit they deserve. The stuff coming from China lately has been really good in my opinion, at least from the well-known brands (except Kanger... What the hell is the drip-ez lol).

I have nothing but good things to say about the Lush Plus from Wotofo, and that's my honest opinion. I can' really find any cons! The only one's I can come up with are not deal breakers. Yea drip tip options are nice, along with adjustable airflow, but sometimes it's fun to let someone else drive the ship. If you want to see how Wotofo drives, try the Lush.

***Before anyone asks why I installed the bottom leads in the top holes and vise versa, installing your coils like I did gives you a lot more room for cotton, making it wick better. The more room juice has to flow and move, the better! Big thanks again to Heaven Gifts for sending this my way. It was a pleasure! If interested, you can find the Lush Plus here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WOTOFO-Lush-Plus-RDA-SS.html
Use the code "AHG15" for 15% off your order!

If you liked this review and would like to see more smash the like button and it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review signman

so silly question being there are 4 post are they connected in parralel? Ie if I slap dual coils sharing the same outer post holes will I still half the resistence

Looks like they are just a connected positive and negative terminal but can't quite see in the pic

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review. Wotofo needs to quit making stuff and stop taking my money.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review signman

so silly question being there are 4 post are they connected in parralel? Ie if I slap dual coils sharing the same outer post holes will I still half the resistence

Looks like they are just a connected positive and negative terminal but can't quite see in the pic
Yep it works the same as a velocity style deck with the positive post being on one side and the negative on the other. Its actually a two post deck, the holes are offsetting. I realized after I posted this that I didnt take any pics of the deck without coils....real smart! Its a great rda though and thats all honesty

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review signman

Yep it works the same as a velocity style deck with the positive post being on one side and the negative on the other. Its actually a two post deck, the holes are offsetting. So if you build dual coils it will cut the resistance in half like usual. I realized after I posted this that I didnt take any pics of the deck without coils....real smart! Its a great rda though and thats all honesty

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review. Wotofo needs to quit making stuff and stop taking my money.

Damn Wotofo! Do you not like what they make or is it cause they make so many great things you feel like you have to buy them? All the wotofo stuff I have is awesome for my style of vaping

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Wotofo! Do you not like what they make or is it cause they make so many great things you feel like you have to buy them? All the wotofo stuff I have is awesome for my style of vaping
I love wotofo products and when they come out with something new I have to but it lol.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love wotofo products and when they come out with something new I have to but it lol.

I hear that brother your absolutely right. They make some badass stuff that works well and doesn't break the bank. Ive heard that some of the clones they make are better than the originals...and i believe it! Of you're on the fence deciding whether to buy the lush plus or not I highly recommend it. Have you tried the original Sapor rda? I love that little bastard

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear that brother your absolutely right. They make some badass stuff that works well and doesn't break the bank. Ive heard that some of the clones they make are better than the originals...and i believe it! Of you're on the fence deciding whether to buy the lush plus or not I highly recommend it. Have you tried the original Sapor rda? I love that little bastard
Yeah I have the sapor. That's one of the few from wotofo that I didn't care for. No matter what I tried I couldn't get good flavor from it.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Couple more questions ...Can this take a squonk pin?

Also of all the wotofo products what has been your favourite to date?

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I have the sapor. That's one of the few from wotofo that I didn't care for. No matter what I tried I couldn't get good flavor from it.

Wow thats crazy man I get awesome flavor from mine. If you can try just one thing for me; Pop a couple of fused claptons in there and when you get your coil leads all nice and tight pull the coils upward away from the bottom. It gets them closer to that airflow and your mouth

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thats crazy man I get awesome flavor from mine. If you can try just one thing for me; Pop a couple of fused claptons in there and when you get your coil leads all nice and tight pull the coils upward away from the bottom. It gets them closer to that airflow and your mouth
I will give that a try

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple more questions ...Can this take a squonk pin?

Also of all the wotofo products what has been your favourite to date?
Im not sure if they make a squonk pin for it or not. It doesn't come with one but could be a future option I assume. I really want a squonker bad.
As far as the best Wotofo product I've tried? Hmmm, I love the serpent mini but its been shelved since I picked up a merlin mini. Between the serpent, the sapor, and the lush....I'd have to say the lush but I say that subjectively and unsure. Maybe because its new? But it is really freakin good. That flavor man, its pretty amazing.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will give that a try

Hell yea man I hope it changes your opinion. I will admit though, I often wonder what keeps the airflow from coming through the intake and u-turning right to your mouth hole without hitting the coil. That's when I started setting my coils up really high.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Im not sure if they make a squonk pin for it or not. It doesn't come with one but could be a future option I assume. I really want a squonker bad.
As far as the best Wotofo product I've tried? Hmmm, I love the serpent mini but its been shelved since I picked up a merlin mini. Between the serpent, the sapor, and the lush....I'd have to say the lush but I say that subjectively and unsure. Maybe because its new? But it is really freakin good. That flavor man, its pretty amazing.

I'll have to look into that squonk pin thing ...if at some point you can take a pic and add it showing how the middle of the deck looks between the posts that would be great :)

Also thanks matey how far do you place the coils on this lush plus above airhole? Also what is the max diameter coil you recommend to avoid dry hits/ to fit in the deck?

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to look into that squonk pin thing ...if at some point you can take a pic and add it showing how the middle of the deck looks between the posts that would be great :)

Also thanks matey how far do you place the coils on this lush plus above airhole? Also what is the max diameter coil you recommend to avoid dry hits/ to fit in the deck?
Those are all great questions that I didnt even think of when writing this review.
As soon as this build gets nasty I will update with more bare naked pics and the inside of the top cap.
You want to keep the builds around 3mm. Any more and there just wont be any room for juice to move around. I usually set the coil about 3-4mm above the airflow. I went low (about 1mm) one time and the airflow was turbulent and a little tighter.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Those are all great questions that I didnt even think of when writing this review.
As soon as this build gets nasty I will update with more bare naked pics and the inside of the top cap.
You want to keep the builds around 3mm. Any more and there just wont be any room for juice to move around. I usually set the coil about 3-4mm above the airflow. I went low (about 1mm) one time and the airflow was turbulent and a little tighter.

Managed find a top down view of the deck the positive post has a plate covering where the bottom feeding pin would come through so short of drilling a hole in it squonking will not be possible ...damn shame cause I really liked the sound of this RDA if they had of included a different post and pin for squonking (even at a little more cost) I'd have definitely purchased this one for sure :(

maybe there will be an after market conversion kit at some point I'll keep an eye out ...there is one for the lush, but not the lush plus that I've found

I've used fused clapton coils, alien coils, and everything I've used I get a reading that says "atomizer short" no matter what RDA I put it on. I have two Lush Plus rda's and I wish they would work better. I recently just build some plain 24 ga wire coils and still got the short warning. WTF???

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used fused clapton coils, alien coils, and everything I've used I get a reading that says "atomizer short" no matter what RDA I put it on. I have two Lush Plus rda's and I wish they would work better. I recently just build some plain 24 ga wire coils and still got the short warning. WTF???
Hey @rangerdavid i hate you're having issues with the L+ and I can kinda relate to you. Here's what I figured out: the L+ has a short ass 510 positive pin that doesn't reach all firing pins on mods. I didn't realize it at the time of this review but the the L+ doesn't fire on all my mods. It screws down nice and flush but will not make the proper connection. Mods like the rx200 or Presa 100w (maybe all Wismec products?) will not fire it 100% of the time. Sometimes it works...other times not. Somewhere its shorting out. Most likely it's in the 510 or connected to it.

I suggest taking it completely apart...every piece including the posts...all of it. Clean it really good and reassemble, taking the time to make sure everythings properly secured. It that doesnt work try backing the 510 pin out a little to see if you can get a better connection out of it. Let me know how it goes brother and I'll help any way I can!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Great review man. They keep cranking out attys. I love your review style. Informative.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors