1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Going for a savory cantaloupe as well. Fingers crossed. Thinking the cucumber will be a win, on the fence about the basil, smells like black jellybeans.

2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I don’t know how basil would translate into juice. You’re a brave person to give it a shot. I hope it works out! And black jellybeans? Ugh.....

3. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Love black jellybeans. Does the flavor concentrate have a basil'ish taste and a licorice nose? I might be interested in such a thing.

4. chrisakasparky

chrisakasparky Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Agreed on the dragon fruit. But I’m in love with forest fruit, I might back down the red touch a little, it’s pretty artificial to me. I need some tpa strawberry ripe again

5. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got TFA and CAP Cucumber. They're supposed to be good with watermelon. I haven't had any success with em. They're not what I expected and was a little let down to be honest.

6. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Well, you’re braver than I am! I have cucumber of some ilk and haven’t played with it yet. I also have a cucumber mint(FW, I think?) and that intrigues me, but again, haven’t tried it.

7. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My order finally just shipped. I ordered it on Sunday.

I could have placed an order at bcf, received it, then place another and receive it before nic river even shipped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Mixed 30ml each of pink bubblegum, strawberry bubblegum, and something called WildBlue Dragon (blueberry, dragonfruit, and sweet cream), found on ELR and modified for my son. None of this juice is for me, but heaven knows I've got plenty.

9. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I love black jellybeans, too.

Have you tried fennel flavors in juice? Hangsen has a fennel that I vaped for years.

10. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I haven't. Up until very recently I just Vaped the awesome recipes others worked out. Now that I am getting organized and better informed about different flavors, do I have enough confidence and information to not make swill. I imagine it will not be terribly long before I start dabbling in some obscure flavors.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

11. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Had a little mixing time today.....

1. A simple root beer float. FLV Root Beer is just so damn good.
    2. The beginnings of chocolate covered espresso beans.
    3. A ridiculous blend of tres leches, lucky shot, butter pecan, Honeycomb and Bavarian cream. If it’s successful, I’ll post the recipe....cause it smells lush....
    4. Strawberry milk.
    5. A cream filled donut.
    6. Cookie dough ice cream.

I am hoping for some success....I’m really hoping the lucky shot one works.

Letitia9, RonJS, NGAHaze and 5 others like this.
  12. jwill

Blog Posts:
    What is lucky shot?

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  13. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  14. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    It’s like a vanilla caramelly light cheesecakey type of thing. It’s really good!

15. jwill

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. Going to scoop some of this up on my next order. Sounds awesome. The reviews in the link @fozzy71 provided make me really want some. Sounds like some voodoo magic.

16. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Lol! It’s really a one shot, so it’s a combo of a few different flavorings. Def try it alone first....it’s amazing by itself! But it’s definitely useful as a base for other things.

17. jcash74

jcash74 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hoping to be done with work early tonight so I can finally mix! :Fingers crossed:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

18. ScReWbALL

ScReWbALL Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Haven’t mixed up some Apple Jacks and Milk in awhile, so, I threw together a 60ml bottle but after one run through an RDTA it was missing more cinnamon, but the only cinnamon flavoring I have is CAP-Cinnamon Danish Swirl, so I edited the recipe for that. I figure if it accidentally goes too high with the cinnamon flavor I should be able to balance it out using some CAP-Cereal 27[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jcash74

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for posting that, I'll have to try that one for sure!

20. jcash74

Blog Posts:
    Whwn you've used a bottle of flavoring already do you just eye ball and guess you have enough left for another mix?

Letitia9 and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  21. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use a juice calc that tracks my inventory - http://www.diyjuicecalculator.com/

22. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Depends on the recipe, if I'm super low, I'll probably wait till I restock first though.

23. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, me too. When I hit 1/3-1/4 left of a flavoring, I restock.

24. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    I just eyeball. If i go to mix and dont have enough, i just grab a similar flavor and add it until i get the amount i wanted.

It's never ruined any juice yet and a couple occasions made the juice better.

Letitia9, Jimi, Heartsdelight and 4 others like this.
  25. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 VU Vendor VU Vendor Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee VU Challenge Sponsor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Well, once again, it's BCF for the win! I ordered these at 10:30 Friday night, and they were in my P.O. box this morning! Thanks Roundhouse!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. jcash74

Blog Posts:
    Lol I spilled the 1st bottle I tried today. I added all my flavors 1st, then added my vg based nic and bumped the bottle off of my scale. I'm hoping it was just the vg nic that spilled out since the flavors were at the bottom. I was so excited to try vaporoxx corn bread puddin' clone. I'll let it sit tonight and try it in the morning, hopefully it'll still be good since I didn't spill a lot of it.

27. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 VU Vendor VU Vendor Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee VU Challenge Sponsor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

28. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    Calling anyone that has made the mango sticky rice recipe. Can't remember who's recipe it is.

I removed coconut candy because I didn't have it but the coconut flavor is plenty there imo.

I'm wondering how strong the coconut taste is as written?

Edit: recipe is by shyndo.

29. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I noticed that VG always sinks to the bottom when I mix. I add it last and my flavors/PG rise to the top. I hate it when I tip a bottle over mixing. The last time I did it my whole room smelled like Grack Juice.

Letitia9, Jimi, Heartsdelight and 3 others like this.
  30. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    So I took a whiff of the CAP Brownie that came in today, and it just smells delicious! I put this together and it's getting a bit of a power steep in the USC as I type this. Man, I sure hope it doesn't suck!

Brownie Fun
    • 5.00% Chocolate Fudge Brownie v2 (CAP)
    • 1.00% Coconut (LA)
    • 2.00% French Vanilla Creme (TPA)
    • 2.00% Marshmallow (CAP)
    • 3.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
    Flavor total: 13%
    Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/nka6

Letitia9, Jimi, Heartsdelight and 2 others like this.
  31. jr779

jr779 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have the one shot concentrate and it’s strong on the mango and light on the coconut

32. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    Ok so I don't want to add coconut candy then lol. I get enough coconut taste already

33. jr779

Blog Posts:
    I’d say you’re good to go then - how do you like it?

34. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    I was surprised how good it is. I made it 3-4 weeks ago and just now tried it.

Only been vaping it for a couple hours so not sure if it's all day vape material yet.

35. jr779

Blog Posts:
    Seems I have to make it again and let it sit for a bit. The creator said shake and vape and I found it too heavy on the mango

36. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    I get more of a sweet rice taste than mango, but could just be a difference in taste buds.

37. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    Well, this was a no go. :(
    The CAP Brownie is reminiscent of the Halo Belgian Chocolate. Smells fantastic but a horribly flavored exhale. Oh well, live and learn.

38. jwill

Blog Posts:
    upload_2018-7-16_20-18-50.png

Brought some of this with me on my trip. It tastes a bit like a vanilla fudge bomb pop like you get from the ice cream trucks. Needs to steep for a couple of weeks or more. Its also good subbing the chocolate milk for .8% chocolate mousse.

39. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    The coconut is there, but not overwhelming. I think the coconut candy is there to sweeten it up a little.

40. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    its definitely good.....but after a few months it goes starchy.

41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Maybe try the new FA chocolate donut? Add something to fudge up the donut.....the donut is super cakey.

42. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Ohhhh, this looks good. I loved those chocolate pops!

43. jwill

Blog Posts:
    the chocolate can definitely be played with. In fact, it would be awesome if someone mixed it and did adjust it some. It starts t taste the same to me no matter what I do to it. The VT Chocolates are strong and they stick to your taste buds.

44. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I’m on it! I’ve got all those and can try a few different chocolates. What else have you tried?

45. jwill

Blog Posts:
    Thats a 3.1a mix. Meaning it went through 1-1.9, 2-2.9 and 3-3.1 a stands for alright.
    upload_2018-7-16_21-6-11.png

Really wanted to make the chocolate custard work but I could never strike a balance. That is the strongest chocolate I have used.

46. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Gotcha. I have a few you don’t have. VT dark chocolate, Molinberry chocolate, FLV Chocolate Deutch, a couple of others I can’t remember.....I’ll do some experimenting.

The base looks great! I’m excited to do some playing around.

47. jcash74

Blog Posts:
    Damn I sure wish I hadn't made 100ml... I'll have to buy more flavors and make it again! I was the most excited for the country clouds clone too lol. Oh well, I'll mix some other recipes I've seen you guys post.

48. jwill

Blog Posts:
    You are awesome. Thank you.

49. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    :blowkiss:No problem! I’ll let you know how it goes.

50. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    It's a nice treat for me for sure. Being out of nicotine, I figured i'd try it. Wasn't sure i'd like it at all but it's good and different.