Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's your normal nic level?

My regular Nic is 3MG but I have vaped my 48MG Nic in 100% VG to prove I would not need to go to the ER. Sure was a head rush but when I was a smoker I smoked some things that would take down an elephant. Oh I forgot to mention I also spread it over my arm and did not wash it off at the same time to prove those dumbasses on that other forum that they are off their bird.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally got a mid-range tank and want to adjust my ratios too. I know I want 50/50, but I'm kinda scared to go up to 6mg lol. Maybe I'll make a 4.5 and see if I wanna go higher. Its a Spirals, found it on clearance.

When I first started vaping I went with High VG and the few e-Liquids I had that were 60-40 or the DIY I tried at that ratio in my opinion sucked ass and had too much TH for me at least. Might want to test it with a small bottle at first.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
My regular Nic is 3MG but I have vaped my 48MG Nic in 100% VG to prove I would not need to go to the ER. Sure was a head rush but when I was a smoker I smoked some things that would take down an elephant. Oh I forgot to mention I also spread it over my arm and did not wash it off at the same time to prove those dumbasses on that other forum that they are off their bird.

My regular is 6mg. If I spend any amount of time more than a few tanks at higher nic the next day I am grinding my teeth. Its like kicking caffeine for me or crashing off an energy drink. I never died from doing it or have I had any real ill effects beyond a few hours of being angry.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Interesting you compare getting more Nicotine to crashing off caffeine.

Im fine when vaping it. Never an issue and loooooove the extra strength. Its what comes later that sucks.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started vaping I went with High VG and the few e-Liquids I had that were 60-40 or the DIY I tried at that ratio in my opinion sucked ass and had too much TH for me at least. Might want to test it with a small bottle at first.
Ah yeah, I forgot how that was. I'll make a few 10ml versions to see how the tank fairs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've had a couple of 65/35 vg/pg sample freebies from Vape Wild that would probably be just right for 0.5 or 0.6 ohm cotton pre-built coils. I went through some 60/40 vg/pg this morning in a tank running 0.5 Atlantis-style coil and it did fine, but then again, I'm running the thing at about 20W.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made 120 ml of my really nice new caramal custard recipe but probably ruined it by adding VT Honeycomb and CAP Butter Cream
... Why can't I just make things the same way twice? :wait:

Should be at least a week before I even try it, if it sucks I Swear I will make another batch by the recipe

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I made 120 ml of my really nice new caramal custard recipe but probably ruined it by adding VT Honeycomb and CAP Butter Cream

Should be at least a week before I even try it, if it sucks I Swear I will make another batch by the recipe

Meg, you have to hold onto your sense of ADVENTURE!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Got my new scale, mixed up a few things.

@Howard Hughes wild berry skittles
Floral cream soda(WIP)
@Teresa P toast n jelly
strawberry milkshake(WIP)
Dragon spear

Mind sharing your current Floral Cream Soda recipe, been following it for a little while but you were making tweaks? This sounds really good.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Mind sharing your current Floral Cream Soda recipe, been following it for a little while but you were making tweaks? This sounds really good.

Sure, the current version:
.2% INW cactus
3% RF soda base
2% TFA honeysuckle
1% Cap Hibiscus
1% FA vienna cream
2% Cap sweet cream
.25% FA custard

Haven't tried this one yet, but it'll probably take a while for the hibiscus and creams to come together.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sure, the current version:
.2% INW cactus
3% RF soda base
2% TFA honeysuckle
1% Cap Hibiscus
1% FA vienna cream
2% Cap sweet cream
.25% FA custard

Haven't tried this one yet, but it'll probably take a while for the hibiscus and creams to come together.

Thank you. I plan to order some flavors for another recipe and will pick up the ones I don't have and mix this one up as well. Looks tasty.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmmm....I don’t think there’s a sub for Torrone. I could be wrong though. @HeadInClouds maybe chime in on this one? It’s almondy, nougaty, honey-ish....very unique.

@Just Frank, FA Marzipan is next-closest in flavor, if you have it. Marzipan doesn't have the honey or citrus notes, but it has the sweetness and bitter-almond flavor that the small amount of Torrone in your recipe is probably using it for.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Always make your tester and the "good" recipe so you have something to fall back on if it sucks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Just Frank, FA Marzipan is next-closest in flavor, if you have it. Marzipan doesn't have the honey or citrus notes, but it has the sweetness and bitter-almond flavor that the small amount of Torrone in your recipe is probably using it for.
Thanks, @HeadInClouds! I knew you would have the answer!:blowkiss:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kept wondering why my intentionally steeped bottles of my Dreamer Clone weren’t coming out like my accidentally steeped bottles until I finally ran across a bottle I labeled...it wasn’t the Dreamer Clone I had accidentally steeped...it was TNT Time Bomb Clone and just happened to taste exactly like The Dreamer...so, now I’m mixing up this to steep and see:
9eec7ba4e084871f937544ae84673017.jpg

I was thinking of splitting the TFA-Juicy Peach to 2% and adding FA-White Peach for the other 2%.
And now I’ve just had a brainstorm on adding maybe .15 or .25% FA-Royal Orange (Premium), but would that just be throwing too much citrus into the mix and I should just adopt the KISS approach? Questions...comments?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Kept wondering why my intentionally steeped bottles of my Dreamer Clone weren’t coming out like my accidentally steeped bottles until I finally ran across a bottle I labeled...it wasn’t the Dreamer Clone I had accidentally steeped...it was TNT Time Bomb Clone and just happened to taste exactly like The Dreamer...so, now I’m mixing up this to steep and see:

I was thinking of splitting the TFA-Juicy Peach to 2% and adding FA-White Peach for the other 2%.
And now I’ve just had a brainstorm on adding maybe .15 or .25% FA-Royal Orange (Premium), but would that just be throwing too much citrus into the mix and I should just adopt the KISS approach? Questions...comments?

Hmmmm.....KISS is usually the way to go, but I don’t consider 4-5 flavors particularly complicated. Make one with the orange and One without. See which is better. :D

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

If you liked the last mix you found, I would only make small single flavors changes at a time. If that works out then go from there. If you add more then one new thing you'll never know what messed it up or maybe even made it amazing without even more testing. My 2 cents

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm.....KISS is usually the way to go, but I don’t consider 4-5 flavors particularly complicated. Make one with the orange and One without. See which is better.

If you liked the last mix you found, I would only make small single flavors changes at a time. If that works out then go from there. If you add more then one new thing you'll never know what messed it up or maybe even made it amazing without even more testing. My 2 cents

Nail...meet head...head...this is nail. Thanks!
Again, my ability to complicate even the simplest of things has gotten in the way. I think I’ll mix up these 4 variations and steep them and see how they come out:

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
9.00% TFA-Ripe Strawberry

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
0.25% FA-Royal Orange (Premium)

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

On another note...I have another one of these days at work where they give me this money stuff to send to BCF for more flavors and my basket has gotten out of hand to say the least...again!

Cream Cheese Icing-LA
Joy-FA
Shisha Vanilla-INW
Zepolla-FA
Cookie-FA
Cucumber-CAP
Cheesecake (Graham Crust)-TFA
Key Lime-TFA
New York Cheesecake-CAP
Torrone (Nougat)-FA
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA
Yellow Cake-FW
Cake Batter Dip-FW
Cheesecake-FW
Juicy Lemon-CAP
Lemon Meringue Pie-FW
Sweet Cream-FW
20 60ml Chubby Gorilla Bottles
25 30ml Chubby Gorilla Bottles

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Again, my ability to complicate even the simplest of things has gotten in the way. I think I’ll mix up these 4 variations and steep them and see how they come out:

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

On another note...I have another one of these days at work where they give me this money stuff to send to BCF for more flavors and my basket has gotten out of hand to say the least...again!

Cream Cheese Icing-LA
Joy-FA
Shisha Vanilla-INW
Zepolla-FA
Cookie-FA
Cucumber-CAP
Key Lime-TFA
New York Cheesecake-CAP
Torrone (Nougat)-FA
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA
Yellow Cake-FW
Cake Batter Dip-FW
Cheesecake-FW
Juicy Lemon-CAP
Lemon Meringue Pie-FW
Sweet Cream-FW

Nice list! Have fun exploring creams, cheesecakes and cookies!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice list! Have fun exploring creams, cheesecakes and cookies!

Oh, I very much plan to!
I thought I got hooked on building coils when I was making 20+ coils in one sitting...but I think my DIY just took the top honors of being my biggest addiction...I actually snuck out of work a little early to grab my DIY stuff from the apartment and put in the car and drove to sit in the line of cars to pick up my son from school and mixed up the 4 variations of the TNT Time Bomb Clone I’m trying to replicate on the armrest of my car, lol.
ed4d9438e50882d6b2673aa3d66161ee.jpg

Try to ignore the filthiness of my car, lol.

Edit: I wonder what the Soccer Mom brigade that gives me the evil eye for clouds coming out of my car window thinks of me mixing unknown chemicals along with handling a copper tube (my RR2 Mech). I might should be on the lookout for the boys in blue!

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can't believe I don't think I've ever seen cap apple snacks in a recipe. Just mixed a 5ml tester and it's super good. Not gonna say to much because i've only been vaping it for 2 mins lol but I just thought I would throw it out there.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I very much plan to!
I thought I got hooked on building coils when I was making 20+ coils in one sitting...but I think my DIY just took the top honors of being my biggest addiction...I actually snuck out of work a little early to grab my DIY stuff from the apartment and put in the car and drove to sit in the line of cars to pick up my son from school and mixed up the 4 variations of the TNT Time Bomb Clone I’m trying to replicate on the armrest of my car, lol.
ed4d9438e50882d6b2673aa3d66161ee.jpg

Edit: I wonder what the Soccer Mom brigade that gives me the evil eye for clouds coming out of my car window thinks of me mixing unknown chemicals along with handling a copper tube (my RR2 Mech). I might should be on the lookout for the boys in blue!

Dude, that’s awesome! F*** the soccer moms.....I’m sure they have many opinions. They always do. I was a “soccer mom”....except I had purple hair, hippyish clothes and smoked. Def got my share of looks.....:D you’ll get the clone....I have faith!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't been very active in the vaping world lately. Idk what's going on, I just feel off. Anyway just mixed for some co-workers.

Blue razz sour patch
Strawberry juicy fruit x2
Raspberry cheesecake
New simple recipe - Holy vanilla 5% + cap v1 custard 7%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
4.00% TFA-Juicy Peach

7.00% FA-Fuji Apple
2.00% TFA-Juicy Peach
2.00% FA-White Peach

Cream Cheese Icing-LA
Joy-FA
Shisha Vanilla-INW
Zepolla-FA
Cookie-FA
Cucumber-CAP
Key Lime-TFA
New York Cheesecake-CAP
Torrone (Nougat)-FA
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA
Yellow Cake-FW
Cake Batter Dip-FW
Cheesecake-FW
Juicy Lemon-CAP
Lemon Meringue Pie-FW
Sweet Cream-FW

That's bunch of key flavors that will open up alot of recipes. Your Fuji number looks a little high. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I've just never seen it up that high in a mix.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some new flavors today so I mixed up a bunch.
10ML per-
  • JF-Watermelon
  • JF-Fuji
  • JF-Honey Peach
  • JF-Lemon Juicy (lol)
  • VTA-Pudding Base
  • VTA-Sweet Honey
  • VTA-Strawberry Jam
  • VTA-Raspberries Jam
15ML per-
  • Fuji/Watermelon (@MagicJosh)
  • 50/50 Fujirazz 6nic
30ML-
  • Ruthless Slurricane Re-Mix
So, that was fun. I still got some I aint tried but will do them later.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
At the end of this summer it ill be 4 years since I quit smoking and to do that it took me going Cold Turkey using Vaping to get me passed the 2 weeks of withdrawal hell. In the early days I had a cigarette a few times but the last I ever had will never be forgotten because the smell of it I could not get off me. Aside from my Dads current situation from Emphysema, I lost my Grandfather to Lung Cancer when I wasn't even into double digits in age. Since then I lost many family members and friends to the Illnesses caused by smoking.

I can not hit the like button Steve.. but I do remember when you showed up here..
Sad.. we have all lost family members to some for of tobacco related illness. I lost my dad Easter morning..

but we are still here and hopefully some are encouraging to vape, mix and repeat :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

LoL I thought I was the only one that mixed in the car at school and opens the door up like cheech and chong ^_^ :p

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't been very active in the vaping world lately. Idk what's going on, I just feel off. Anyway just mixed for some co-workers.

Blue razz sour patch
Strawberry juicy fruit x2
Raspberry cheesecake
New simple recipe - Holy vanilla 5% + cap v1 custard 7%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was in the same boat recently & then I got the bug again. I think it's like anything & sometimes you just need a break from it. I think it helps promote creativity & stave off stagnation. That's my theory, anyway.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LoL I thought I was the only one that mixed in the car at school and opens the door up like cheech and chong ^_^ :p

There’s been a couple of times at work when I get out of the car after a break and I was stressed and chain-vaping and a customer would look over and go “You either smoking them electronic cigarettes or you a selfish sumbitch if you’re getting out of that car alone!” when the clouds start pouring out cuz I had the window up.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
There’s been a couple of times at work when I get out of the car after a break and I was stressed and chain-vaping and a customer would look over and go “You either smoking them electronic cigarettes or you a selfish sumbitch if you’re getting out of that car alone!” when the clouds start pouring out cuz I had the window up.

Yeah normally I have my sunroof open and playing the caboose! :p
Playing with some honeydew and pineapple (FLV) tonight.. just toying around.. no real recipe yet..

I am so in the mood for some lighter, cool and sweet juices right now.. and just do not know what I want to play with.. I hate being stumpted too.. :(

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up a new recipe tonight:

Grape Soda (Flavor West) 15%- I know this seems high, but Flavor West flavors seem extraordinarily weak.
Rainbow Candy (CSL) 3%
Cotton Candy (Flavor West) 5%

I was a bit skeptical of using so many sweet flavors, but it is a really flavorful smooth vape! I am also painfully aware that my recipes are quite basic, but that seems to be where my palate is happy. I am considering making an attempt at a strawberry /dragonfruit/cheesecake soon. Tinkering & steeping a good attempt at the Strawberry /dragonfruit part first. Still has about 1-2 more weeks of steep time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah normally I have my sunroof open and playing the caboose! :p
Playing with some honeydew and pineapple (FLV) tonight.. just toying around.. no real recipe yet..

I am so in the mood for some lighter, cool and sweet juices right now.. and just do not know what I want to play with.. I hate being stumpted too.. :(

Just had a flashback to childhood with the “Little Red Caboose” nursery rhyme when I read that.
As for mixing, I’m still in my infancy and don’t have a lot of original thoughts, but my first thing to try to make (and still haven’t figured out) was an homage to Purplesaurus Rex Koolaid...basically grape lemonade and I was going to try to mix a very small diluted hint of menthol in it just to give it a summertime coolness.
Got the idea from a premium juice called Now & L8tr by Beetlejuice that reads as “We’ve captured that bright cherry and pomegranate sweetness that you get immediately when you pop a NOW&LATER in your mouth. We combined it with just a hint of that cool, pleasant tartness that washes around the corners of your mouth and the sides of your tongue for a completely unique and unbelievable experience.”
It was a really awesome juice, but one of those you had to rewick and dry-burn off the gunk twice daily due to all the sweeteners (I’m assuming).
But the idea of a diluted menthol with certain fruit flavors is something that’s been rolling around in my noggin for a bit now because I DESPISE menthol, but the cool hint of it in the Now & L8tr Flavor was really refreshing!

VU Sponsors