Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I had a friend request a pineapple juice, so that's why I made it. I knew the pineapple would be harsh and dry so I added a few creamy mouthfeel stuff.

3% FA pineapple
3% CAP 27 bears
2% CAP sweet cream
1% FA fresh cream
0.5% FA marshmallow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That could suit me fine for what I need it for, what does the 27 bears add exactly?

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Howard. I'll have to add the cherry and smooth to my order list.

MTS Vape Wizard would work in place of the Smooth too, but it's a good one to have. Rounds off sharp edges on some flavors, making them more of a S&V, but that Pineapple Upside Down Cake needs to steep.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things have been pretty much a bust with any flavor creation I’ve come up with on my own lately, aside from running across the “accidentally steeped” juices I made awhile back.
Almost ready to give up on Lemon or Lemonade flavors because even at fractions of a percent, the end result ends up tasting like Lemon Pledge every single time.
Just mixed up another two flavors that I thought about...haven’t tried them yet...almost considering just letting them steep without testing them as S&V. Got a little out of hand with a “Fruit Whip” recipe...pretty sure I’ve got too many kids in the pool on that one, and the other is a S’more recipe.
I’m still kinda guessing on percentages, so, if anyone sees a glaring issue of me being too heavy-handed on a flavor or using something too sparingly, please feel free to throw in your 2 cents. Here’s today’s attempts:
3d574b2617ba355e2bf82da02b6163c6.jpg
5de85b4cbf8319e89cd9f14b9d67b245.jpg

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Things have been pretty much a bust with any flavor creation I’ve come up with on my own lately, aside from running across the “accidentally steeped” juices I made awhile back.
Almost ready to give up on Lemon or Lemonade flavors because even at fractions of a percent, the end result ends up tasting like Lemon Pledge every single time.
Just mixed up another two flavors that I thought about...haven’t tried them yet...almost considering just letting them steep without testing them as S&V. Got a little out of hand with a “Fruit Whip” recipe...pretty sure I’ve got too many kids in the pool on that one, and the other is a S’more recipe.
I’m still kinda guessing on percentages, so, if anyone sees a glaring issue of me being too heavy-handed on a flavor or using something too sparingly, please feel free to throw in your 2 cents. Here’s today’s attempts:

Dont be too hard on yourself dude. If this wad an easy thing to accomplish everyone and their dog would have a juice company.
You may have too much going on in the fruit whip. Is this like a fruity liquorice whip? Wondering what the almond was for. Id probably select one or two flavours here and go with those maybe strawberry pineapple or apple pineapple and try and get those right first.
As for lemonade and lemon recipes these are some of the most difficult to create because of how clean the flavours are.
Lemon in my experience needs a blend of a few different lemons eg. One sweet, one tart, and one that holds the lemon flavour. Sherbet flavours like RF rainbow sherbet are great to use to bring out the lemony flavour of lemon.
With lemonade i myself tried and failed a few times until i bought myself WF summertime lemonade use this at 1% with your fruit totalling 6% and your on to a winner.
Heres the lemonade im currently working on.
Wannavape sour blue ras lemonade

RF sour blue ras candy 4%
Tpa blueberry candy 2%
WF summertime lemonade 1%
Its steeped for a week and the lemonade might be still too powerful
I hope this helps dude just dont give up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lemon flavors suck man can't beat yourself up about that. Too many flavors in the first recipe and in the second one I'd lower the marshmallow to 1%

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont be too hard on yourself dude. If this wad an easy thing to accomplish everyone and their dog would have a juice company.
You may have too much going on in the fruit whip. Is this like a fruity liquorice whip? Wondering what the almond was for. Id probably select one or two flavours here and go with those maybe strawberry pineapple or apple pineapple and try and get those right first.
As for lemonade and lemon recipes these are some of the most difficult to create because of how clean the flavours are.
Lemon in my experience needs a blend of a few different lemons eg. One sweet, one tart, and one that holds the lemon flavour. Sherbet flavours like RF rainbow sherbet are great to use to bring out the lemony flavour of lemon.
With lemonade i myself tried and failed a few times until i bought myself WF summertime lemonade use this at 1% with your fruit totalling 6% and your on to a winner.
Heres the lemonade im currently working on.
Wannavape sour blue ras lemonade

RF sour blue ras candy 4%
Tpa blueberry candy 2%
WF summertime lemonade 1%
Its steeped for a week and the lemonade might be still too powerful
I hope this helps dude just dont give up

A lot of the idea for the fruit whip comes from an Ambrosia Fruit Salad my dad makes on Holidays that’s whipped cream/marshmallow fluff, orange/tangerines, grapes, apple slices, pineapple and cherry with walnuts scattered on top. Don’t have a Walnut, so, used what I had with subbing in Almond and no orange or tangerine flavors in my collection yet, so, I subbed with peach
e06e697cb6cd726a6dc56c6624199335.jpg

Edit: Just realized there’s no strawberry in what he makes, so, there’s a couple of kids the lifeguard can yank out of the pool. And I have WF Summertime Lemonade and LA Lemonade, but I thought maybe using them both in a recipe is what was creating the Lemon Pledge Monster that devours all other flavors in its path, so, I dropped down to just using a lower percentage of 1 of them instead.

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemon flavors suck man can't beat yourself up about that. Too many flavors in the first recipe and in the second one I'd lower the marshmallow to 1%

Yeah, I’m learning that about lemon...about to just make a 2% tester bottle with it to use in recipes and see if that doesn’t drown the little son of a bitch out a bit.
I think this is the first or second time using the marshmallow and I know that chocolate is a pretty overpowering flavor, so, since I wanted to keep the marshmallow as a flavor you taste rather than using it to layer flavors or as a sweetener I went too heavy on it. Will probably drop that down like you mentioned next go around.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I’m learning that about lemon...about to just make a 2% tester bottle with it to use in recipes and see if that doesn’t drown the little son of a bitch out a bit.
I think this is the first or second time using the marshmallow and I know that chocolate is a pretty overpowering flavor, so, since I wanted to keep the marshmallow as a flavor you taste rather than using it to layer flavors or as a sweetener I went too heavy on it. Will probably drop that down like you mentioned next go around.

Yeah I figured that's why it was so high. I still haven't tried it because I'm lazy, but every time I smell FLV marshmallow, I wanna make a smores recipe out of it. FLV tastes exactly like jet puff

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been awhile since I Vaped my grape big league chew. Decided to go with that last night. It's become too harsh for me all the sudden. Looks like I have to alter the recipe.

Whenever I was tinkering around with a Purplesaurus Rex flavor you turned me onto WF-Sweet and Sour Purple Drink that is a much less tart grape...maybe you could use it to cut one of the stronger grape flavors?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whenever I was tinkering around with a Purplesaurus Rex flavor you turned me onto WF-Sweet and Sour Purple Drink that is a much less tart grape...maybe you could use it to cut one of the stronger grape flavors?

Yeah that flavor might actually fit pretty well in there. I'll try it.

Otherwise I was thinking some Taffy. But that's another flavor that's hard to nail. Almost all of them suck.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone wants to try this one.. if you have the new teas...
The red is very nice, but I could have cut it back a touch.

One thing you will notice with the teas.. if you over do it, you will get like a coating in your mouth..
Keep them low low low! :)

3-20-2018 7-03-42 PM.png

I am still working on my notes.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tried the S’more flavor I mixed up and I think I can just change the name of it to Hot Cocoa, because that’s about the only taste I got from it. Would stay and tinker with it some, but going to the Bon Jovi concert tonight...or will be if I can get my freaking girlfriend out from in front of the damn mirror in the bathroom and into the car.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just tried the S’more flavor I mixed up and I think I can just change the name of it to Hot Cocoa, because that’s about the only taste I got from it. Would stay and tinker with it some, but going to the Bon Jovi concert tonight...or will be if I can get my freaking girlfriend out from in front of the damn mirror in the bathroom and into the car.

Nice. Can't believe that guy is still alive lol

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. Can't believe that guy is still alive lol

Yeah, it’s more her speed for sure...I like 80’s hair bands as much as the next guy and Bon Jovi definitely has some good songs, but what I can’t wait for is in January when Metallica comes through!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixing a bit tonight.
120ML Strawberry Ice Cream (@Squonk)
60ML Crunchberry Cupcake (@Hillbilly Pig)
30ML Blue Razz Sour Patch v2 (@Mykreign)

My first try with the sour patch I over-did the super sweet. I squeezed my Capella bottle and the big fat drops started coming out. I released the pressure to let more air in. Instead of a few more drops it STREAMED in my bottle lol. I messed it up. So tonight, Ima make some proper Blue Razz SP.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mixing a bit tonight.
120ML Strawberry Ice Cream (@Squonk)
60ML Crunchberry Cupcake (@Hillbilly Pig)
30ML Blue Razz Sour Patch v2 (@Mykreign)

My first try with the sour patch I over-did the super sweet. I squeezed my Capella bottle and the big fat drops started coming out. I released the pressure to let more air in. Instead of a few more drops it STREAMED in my bottle lol. I messed it up. So tonight, Ima make some proper Blue Razz SP.

I gotta order from osdiy so I can make some Blue raz sour patch v2. Just so many flavors on my want list it's crazy lol. Finally ordered from ecig so I could get FE sticky rice the other day.
I wish BCF would just stock every flavor! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Done a few mixes today some new recipes and still tinkering away with my r w & blue
30ml red white and blue v3.1
30ml strawbricot
30ml cherry mallow

Going to give them a few days and see how they do

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pay day! Which means times for a new BCF order. I think I’m going to start picking up some cereal flavors. So far this is what I’m thinking, but open to any good flavors that I’m missing:

FLV-Cereal Crunch
CAP-Cereal 27
FW-Apple J Cereal
RF-Cinnamon Toast

I’m also picking up RF-Blood Orange so that I have an orange flavor at my disposal and some CSL-27 Bears.
Also, thinking of mixing some Tobacco flavors to either let my gf try (pack and a half a day Marlboro Red smoker) or at the least, something I can use that won’t leave such a sweet flavor on me so that I don’t have to brush my teeth 5 times a day when I’m around her (she doesn’t like the sweet flavor of e-juice in my clothes or breath) anyone know some good flavors and recipes I could pick up to try out?

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pay day! Which means times for a new BCF order. I think I’m going to start picking up some cereal flavors. So far this is what I’m thinking, but open to any good flavors that I’m missing:

FLV-Cereal Crunch
CAP-Cereal 27
FW-Apple J Cereal
RF-Cinnamon Toast

I’m also picking up RF-Blood Orange so that I have an orange flavor at my disposal and some CSL-27 Bears.
Also, thinking of mixing some Tobacco flavors to either let my gf try (pack and a half a day Marlboro Red smoker) or at the least, something I can use that won’t leave such a sweet flavor on me so that I don’t have to brush my teeth 5 times a day when I’m around her (she doesn’t like the sweet flavor of e-juice in my clothes or breath) anyone know some good flavors and recipes I could pick up to try out?

Tpa honey circles, tpa crunchy fruit cereal, tpa lucky leprechaun cereal, fa breakfast cereal

You need milk to go with that cereal tho
Tpa dairy milk

Definitley tpa ry4 double for tobacco

Dont forget your tpa brown sugar + graham cracker clear ooh you could also add a honey flavour or two or for xtra oomph try combining cereal with cap cinnamon swirl

Sorry got excited this is all on my to do list haha

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

FLV-Cereal Crunch
CAP-Cereal 27
FW-Apple J Cereal
RF-Cinnamon Toast

TFA berry crunch cereal is solid, TFA dragonfruit I can't shill hard enough, also not really a flavor, but you could grab FA magic mask to block some of the smell. FA royal orange is a pretty good orange IMO. Maybe pick up some INW cactus to give some of your fruits a pick me up?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals. Just placed my order and I had to institute a 20 flavor limit on my orders now, because if not, I’m gonna go broke just grabbing stuff like a little kid at a candy store...this the today’s order:

FLV-Crunchy Cereal
CAP-Cereal 27
FW-Apple J Cereal
RF-Cinnamon Toast
INW-Cactus
TFA-Dragonfruit
FA-Magic Mask
TFA-Crunchy Berry Cereal
TFA-Honey Circles
TFA-Lucky Leprechaun
TFA-Dairy Milk
CAP-Cinnamon Danish Swirl
TFA-Brown Sugar Extra
TFA-RY4 Type
TFA-Caramel
TFA-RY4 Double
FA-Royal Orange
FA-7 Leaves Ultimate
TFA-Western
FW-Blood Orange
Then I threw in another 50-pack of 10ml tester bottles and a few 5-packs of 60ml Chubby Gorilla Bottles...because if it’s good enough to make a 30ml bottle, it’s good enough to make a 60ml bottle, lol.
I think this DIY thing is getting out of hand. I need to start mixing more instead of just stockpiling flavors. I think when this is delivered I’ll be at 77 flavors.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a coincidence! Mine should ship today...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/7980700

I like those since they fit nicely in my 4 Coppervape squonkers for mix testing.

With the 10% off sale (and free shipping) they came to $6.70
I hope I didn't pay too much. :gaah:

FastTech is my go-to for buying cloned mods and RDA’s for sure because of the awesome prices they have and the quality of the Clone market has gone up...I just hate the 3-4 week wait for them to make it to my mailbox, lol...so, I happily paid $15 and will have my dropper bottles by the end of the week.
But I think BCF is out of the needle-tipped bottles that you picked up, so, there might’ve not been much in the way of options besides to wait, anyway.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Heck, if it's better than FA Blood Orange, I'll be adding that FW to my next order. Thanks! :yes:
FA blood orange tastes more like a regular whole orange to me. I like it and use as such. FW has an actual blood orange taste, stronger and sharper than FA. FW is a great stand alone or with kiss of honeysuckle and mm.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is something I've been working on and it's developing into something pretty tasty. Feedback appreciated.
Really good as a SnV but I normally let it sit for a day or 2 just because.

8869b25d3cf18c336a82653c949cedb0.jpg
Looks interesting, but I only have 1 of those flavors. How do you like the LB flavors? I tried them first when I began DIY & all I could taste where chemicals.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Doing some light mixing tonight, y'all got any ideas for a fruity cereal? So far I've got this as an idea:
3% TFA berry crunch cereal
.5% FA breakfast cereal
.75% FA fresh cream
2% Cap sweet cream
.5% FA lemon Sicily
1% TFA dragonfruit
1% INW shisha strawberry
Though I'm not 100% on it.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ran across an old 60ml Chubby Gorilla bottle from a juice I bought a long time ago last night and used it to mix up some more “The Dreamer” since I ran out of the bottles I accidentally steeped. Gonna give it 3 days, but thinking 7 might work better.
62baa7c3b2a6661b71b88faee223d9a1.jpg

Tonight, I mixed up a 30ml bottle of a recipe that @Mykreign turned me onto called Sparkling Apple Peach Wine. Turns out I accidentally steeped that one as well and it has a great floral aroma/flavor...so, steeping that one as well.
4e96e9f93ecdc4ce7302df7150f7d7a7.jpg

Then I just checked out ELR and hit the “What can I make?” button and snagged a couple of recipes that I mixed up 10ml bottles of to try out
c83f04a1ce8d5a4a14ac034cd3f2cf53.jpg
b2a58a9dabfebc39900e40087373a5e0.jpg

Edit: I’m also kicking myself in the ass, because I’m getting low on TFA-Ripe Strawberry and INW-Strawberry Shisha, but I only reordered a 10ml bottle of TFA-Ripe Strawberry on this last order to BCF I made...should’ve gotten a 30ml bottle of each, not just a 10ml bottle of one of them. Doh!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ran across an old 60ml Chubby Gorilla bottle from a juice I bought a long time ago last night and used it to mix up some more “The Dreamer” since I ran out of the bottles I accidentally steeped. Gonna give it 3 days, but thinking 7 might work better.
62baa7c3b2a6661b71b88faee223d9a1.jpg

Tonight, I mixed up a 30ml bottle of a recipe that @Mykreign turned me onto called Sparkling Apple Peach Wine. Turns out I accidentally steeped that one as well and it has a great floral aroma/flavor...so, steeping that one as well.
4e96e9f93ecdc4ce7302df7150f7d7a7.jpg

Then I just checked out ELR and hit the “What can I make?” button and snagged a couple of recipes that I mixed up 10ml bottles of to try out
c83f04a1ce8d5a4a14ac034cd3f2cf53.jpg
b2a58a9dabfebc39900e40087373a5e0.jpg

Edit: I’m also kicking myself in the ass, because I’m getting low on TFA-Ripe Strawberry and INW-Strawberry Shisha, but I only reordered a 10ml bottle of TFA-Ripe Strawberry on this last order to BCF I made...should’ve gotten a 30ml bottle of each, not just a 10ml bottle of one of them. Doh!

That 5% shisha strawberry might be killer lol. That's pretty high.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doing some light mixing tonight, y'all got any ideas for a fruity cereal? So far I've got this as an idea:
3% TFA berry crunch cereal
.5% FA breakfast cereal
.75% FA fresh cream
2% Cap sweet cream
.5% FA lemon Sicily
1% TFA dragonfruit
1% INW shisha strawberry
Though I'm not 100% on it.
I feel bad because i've neglected my FA breakfast cereal lol. I made a breakfast custard one time that was like a cocoa puff custard. Other than that, it's kind of a niche flavor imo.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks interesting, but I only have 1 of those flavors. How do you like the LB flavors? I tried them first when I began DIY & all I could taste where chemicals.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I only have 4-5 LB flavors but the ones I have are pretty good. The vanilla ice cream came highly recommended and I'm glad I listened. I already had the blue raspberry awhile and I like that one. The baked cinnamon bun is something I've started playing with but I'm not experienced with it enough to recommend it just yet. I've got a few others but I'm just starting to use those also. Honey due Mellon and rainbow sherbet.
To be honest I got most of them just trying to get to free shipping because I wanted to get Nic, pg and vg from LB. I also got watermalone one shot and that's actully really good as well.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That 5% shisha strawberry might be killer lol. That's pretty high.

Yeah, last night when I made it, I checked out how it smelled and the strength of the strawberry slapped me like smelling salts. Still pretty strong this morning, but it’s already starting to mellow out a bit.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a bit of inspiration while munching on some breakfast.
a78c8e7c8f059e5b33342b9d5860d8c9.jpg

Was thinking a white cream filled chocolate long john might make a good flavor if I could figure out how to recreate it and layer the flavors to not taste like a mess of gobbledegook.
Come to think of it, trying to make a juice that tastes like the Citrus Full Throttle wouldn’t be bad either...time to start thinking of how to achieve those!

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was thinking a white cream filled chocolate long john might make a good flavor if I could figure out how to recreate it and layer the flavors to not taste like a mess of gobbledegook.
Come to think of it, trying to make a juice that tastes like the Citrus Full Throttle wouldn’t be bad either...time to start thinking of how to achieve those

I was messing around a year or so ago trying to do the same thing. I was using bavarian cream, french vanilla, yellow cake, vanilla cream & chocolate glazed donut. I ultimately gave up, as everything I mixed was very similar to Bronuts, which I already make from time to time so I gave it up. Right now I make 5 or 6 different breakfast/pastry/donut recipes (other folks'), so I haven't tried it again. It would be nice to have one that tasted like the long john though.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was messing around a year or so ago trying to do the same thing. I was using bavarian cream, french vanilla, yellow cake, vanilla cream & chocolate glazed donut. I ultimately gave up, as everything I mixed was very similar to Bronuts, which I already make from time to time so I gave it up. Right now I make 5 or 6 different breakfast/pastry/donut recipes (other folks'), so I haven't tried it again. It would be nice to have one that tasted like the long john though.

I’m still pretty new to the DIY scene and most recipes I’ve made that worked out were from someone else...I’ve made a couple on my own, but nothing worth writing home about.
I don’t have a very extensive flavor stash, so, I don’t think I have all I need to make that flavor or what flavors are out there that would be good to use, but I had a few ideas.
I’ve got INW-Milk Chocolate and TFA-Double Chocolate (Clear) for maybe the chocolate, FA-Fresh Cream, FA-Vienna Cream and a touch of WF-Tahitian Vanilla Cream or CAP-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...maybe even some TFA-DX Whipped Cream for the filling, but don’t have much in the way of making a dough flavor outside of some INW-Biscuit and a bit of FA-Almond.
So, I’m still a ways from getting some more flavors to round that recipe idea out, but it’s on the burner as an In Progress recipe, for sure.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just got a bit of inspiration while munching on some breakfast.
a78c8e7c8f059e5b33342b9d5860d8c9.jpg

Come to think of it, trying to make a juice that tastes like the Citrus Full Throttle wouldn’t be bad either...time to start thinking of how to achieve those!

Think I saw a pretty interesting Boston (Bavarian) cream doughnut on ATF?
Found this.....
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/28129#bavarian_cream_doughnut_by_slashalo

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m still pretty new to the DIY scene and most recipes I’ve made that worked out were from someone else...I’ve made a couple on my own, but nothing worth writing home about.
I don’t have a very extensive flavor stash, so, I don’t think I have all I need to make that flavor or what flavors are out there that would be good to use, but I had a few ideas.
I’ve got INW-Milk Chocolate and TFA-Double Chocolate (Clear) for maybe the chocolate, FA-Fresh Cream, FA-Vienna Cream and a touch of WF-Tahitian Vanilla Cream or CAP-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...maybe even some TFA-DX Whipped Cream for the filling, but don’t have much in the way of making a dough flavor outside of some INW-Biscuit and a bit of FA-Almond.
So, I’m still a ways from getting some more flavors to round that recipe idea out, but it’s on the burner as an In Progress recipe, for sure.

Might want to try FA zeppola and FA joy

VU Sponsors