Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m too lazy to research at the moment, so, was curious if anyone could answer what I’m sure is a simple question. I’ve been mixing at a 80/20 vg/pg ratio and I know pg is what carries the flavor mostly, so, does that mean if I drop to a 70/30 ratio I might get a bit more flavor out of my juice? I know a lot of the premium brands I was using were 70/30 and I’m afraid going any lower than 70 on the vg would make the juice too runny to drip with an RDA or more easily leak in an RDTA, but it just seems like I’m not getting the “oomph” or the crispness in my flavors from my juices that I was getting from the premium juices or from when I got the @Mykreign collection of juices awhile back...maybe I just got spoiled on the diy juices @Mykreign made and sent me and I’m just expecting too much too fast considering I’m still in the “crawl before you walk” phase with my diy?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m too lazy to research at the moment, so, was curious if anyone could answer what I’m sure is a simple question. I’ve been mixing at a 80/20 vg/pg ratio and I know pg is what carries the flavor mostly, so, does that mean if I drop to a 70/30 ratio I might get a bit more flavor out of my juice? I know a lot of the premium brands I was using were 70/30 and I’m afraid going any lower than 70 on the vg would make the juice too runny to drip with an RDA or more easily leak in an RDTA, but it just seems like I’m not getting the “oomph” or the crispness in my flavors from my juices that I was getting from the premium juices or from when I got the @Mykreign collection of juices awhile back...maybe I just got spoiled on the diy juices @Mykreign made and sent me and I’m just expecting too much too fast considering I’m still in the “crawl before you walk” phase with my diy?

I've heard people say that moving to 30/70 improves flavor but I've never noticed a big difference. It's probably just the flavors, recipes or percentages your using.

When you say you're not getting the oomph, You're still get a satisfying hit right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried making a Grapple juice and a Strawberry Watermelon juice. The Grapple is still a bit strong with Grape on the front end, but has a nice Apple on the exhale...the Strawmalone seems a bit muted, which I found odd with how high the concentrate percentages ended up being. Both perfectly vapable, but could be tweaked to be better, as well...I’ll put them under “In Progress”
31f70055d791a9ccc2686d136c3cba0b.jpg
194f71bf4c9e5a6dce4619bb8928c5b8.jpg

On the strawberry watermelon recipe, try lowering the flavor percentages a bit.

Also, adding 0.4% cap super sweet to your fruit mixes will make them pop. That might be what your looking for.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a quick recipe to share with you guys. I need a tester coz i think its good but need feedback.

Wannavape strawberry shortcake

CAP sweet strawberry 4%
CAP bavarian cream 1%
CAP vanilla cupcake v1 2%
TPA cheesecake graham crust 1%
FA oba oba 0.5%
RF SC strawberry 2%

Give it a weeks steep

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

I use 30/70 because that's what I like, not for more flavor or whatever. The PG doesn't really carry enough flavor for it to be worthwhile to move from 20/80 if you are happy with it IMO.

Did some light mixing last night:
Just Grape(WIP)
Floral Cream Soda(WIP) it's in the final stages
Fruity Cereal(WIP) trying it right now, man RF fruit pebbles kinda ruined it, that sucks
Few testers

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I use pg based nic so just calculate max vg and the rest of pg comes from flavours. I usually mix between 70/30 and 80/20 but have never noticed the difference flavour wise.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just a quick recipe to share with you guys. I need a tester coz i think its good but need feedback.

CAP sweet strawberry 4%
CAP bavarian cream 1%
FA oba oba 0.5%
RF SC strawberry 2%

Give it a weeks steep

I’ll mix this! Anything strawberry....looks good percentage wise. Let ya know in a week or so!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On the strawberry watermelon recipe, try lowering the flavor percentages a bit.

Also, adding 0.4% cap super sweet to your fruit mixes will make them pop. That might be what your looking for.

Ahhhh, so true. Commercial juices have sweetener.....sometimes tons of it. I recently bought “I Love Cookies” so I could clone it. God damn it has a lot of sweetener! But it packs a punch! And a lot of commercial juices have 20%+ flavoring......

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone got any good cotton candy recipes?
mine always seem to come out a bit "meh"

The first thing i tried doing when i started diy was make a strawberry cotton candy because thats what i vaped from my local shop. To this day, i still havent gotten anything to work.

For true cotton candy, you could probably just do 1% cap super sweet and add a little bit of fruit. lol

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first thing i tried doing when i started diy was make a strawberry cotton candy because thats what i vaped from my local shop. To this day, i still havent gotten anything to work.

For true cotton candy, you could probably just do 1% cap super sweet and add a little bit of fruit. lol
Haha i dont have super sweet or use sweetner at all. Been trying cotton candy both tpa and flv but everything comes out flat and chalky. Ive even tried using things like marshmallow but same results.
Maybe it is the sweetner

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha i dont have super sweet or use sweetner at all. Been trying cotton candy both tpa and flv but everything comes out flat and chalky. Ive even tried using things like marshmallow but same results.
Maybe it is the sweetner

yeah a flavoring called cotton candy will not work. You could try cap blue razz cotton candy. Thats probably the closest single flavor.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard people say that moving to 30/70 improves flavor but I've never noticed a big difference. It's probably just the flavors, recipes or percentages your using.

When you say you're not getting the oomph, You're still get a satisfying hit right?

Yeah, the hit itself isn’t lacking anything, but particularly with the Strawberry-Watermelon it seems that I have immediate Vaper’s Tongue. It’s like I’ve been vaping the same flavor for 6 months and in the middle of vaping all day...I know I’m getting a good hit, but nothing is coming through flavor-wise...it’s just non-existent even after a few days of vaping on your BCP and then the Lemon Cookie. That time away from the fruit flavors should’ve reset my taste buds enough to where something should pop, but even at those high percentages, it’s like I’m just vaping a vg/pg/nic juice with no flavors added. Everything is coming through on the Lemon Cookie and on the Grapple I’m vaping now, but the Strawberry-Watermelon just doesn’t pop or have much in the way of flavor at all.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, the hit itself isn’t lacking anything, but particularly with the Strawberry-Watermelon it seems that I have immediate Vaper’s Tongue. It’s like I’ve been vaping the same flavor for 6 months and in the middle of vaping all day...I know I’m getting a good hit, but nothing is coming through flavor-wise...it’s just non-existent even after a few days of vaping on your BCP and then the Lemon Cookie. That time away from the fruit flavors should’ve reset my taste buds enough to where something should pop, but even at those high percentages, it’s like I’m just vaping a vg/pg/nic juice with no flavors added. Everything is coming through on the Lemon Cookie and on the Grapple I’m vaping now, but the Strawberry-Watermelon just doesn’t pop or have much in the way of flavor at all.

How long you letting them steep, whose flavours you using and what % ?
Ive had similar issues with this combo and they do benefit from a long steep

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long you letting them steep, whose flavours you using and what % ?
Ive had similar issues with this combo and they do benefit from a long steep

TFA Ripe Strawberry 5%
INW Shisha Strawberry 2%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 4%
FA Watermelon 4%
TFA Watermelon 5%

Not much steep time at all...I’m impatient as hell and like immediate gratification, lol. I know...steeping is sometimes a necessary thing, but between being impatient and having the attention span of a goldfish it’s diffic....awww, look at the kitty!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TFA Ripe Strawberry 5%
INW Shisha Strawberry 2%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 4%
FA Watermelon 4%
TFA Watermelon 5%

Not much steep time at all...I’m impatient as hell and like immediate gratification, lol. I know...steeping is sometimes a necessary thing, but between being impatient and having the attention span of a goldfish it’s diffic....awww, look at the kitty!

Cut all the flavor percentages in half and try again. Too much flavor can mute it.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TFA Ripe Strawberry 5%
INW Shisha Strawberry 2%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 4%
FA Watermelon 4%
TFA Watermelon 5%

Id probs cut all your percentages in half and give it at least a week i know we are all impatient but sometimes things jist need to sit

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cut all the flavor percentages in half and try again. Too much flavor can mute it.

Id probs cut all your percentages in half and give it at least a week i know we are all impatient but sometimes things jist need to sit

Yeah, when I get back home I’ll give that a whirl. Im on BCF now doing a bit of replenishment shopping...making Eunich Tiger’s Blood so often has depleted my Watermelon and Pineapple. Gonna pick up TFA Watermelon Candy to see if it’ll help bolster the Watermelon flavors in recipes a bit. Going to see if I can’t mix up something that tastes like Ande’s Mint as well...only recipe I’ve really run across for it is 5% Double Chocolate-TFA, .5% Mild Winter Peppermint-FA, 2% Whipped Cream-TFA, and 1.5% Sweetener. Has anyone tried that out or know of something similar that hits the mark better?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, when I get back home I’ll give that a whirl. Im on BCF now doing a bit of replenishment shopping...making Eunich Tiger’s Blood so often has depleted my Watermelon and Pineapple. Gonna pick up TFA Watermelon Candy to see if it’ll help bolster the Watermelon flavors in recipes a bit. Going to see if I can’t mix up something that tastes like Ande’s Mint as well...only recipe I’ve really run across for it is 5% Double Chocolate-TFA, .5% Mild Winter Peppermint-FA, 2% Whipped Cream-TFA, and 1.5% Sweetener. Has anyone tried that out or know of something similar that hits the mark better?

This one's good.
487412f8352d2caa97f5970b6311dbe1.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Mykreign heres my latest version of rwb since yours was so good i got back to editing mine haha
Wannavape Red White & Blue

FA beryl 0.5%
FA billberry 0.5%
Cap blueberry jam 3%
Tpa blueberry wild 3%
Inw raspberry conc 2%
Flv whipped cream 1%

Needs a week and still a work in progress

I don't even have all those :O

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ScReWbALL

Man there's nothing like a set of your aliens freshly installed. Vaping blue razz sour patch.
eea727e270b9a32d3bbc053595051e1b.jpg

You still have some of those I sent? Figured those would be long gone, though I don’t really remember when I sent them and how many, lol. I need to start building again...just can’t seem to find the motivation or urge to do it...guess it’s a good thing I had enough coils already made to last any normal person a year or longer. I was finally able to start doing decent color shots and then shit hit the fan here and it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything besides straighten out and coil up some sticks of Alien Wire.
14f45fadb0e79f93cde4130297c1ea29.jpg
f35b701ae528f83a1179bc26cde058f0.jpg
f817ed40ce28d475e7e4a733881b6005.jpg
1c444ca632c1c5cfe2866d77ae13efdb.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You still have some of those I sent? Figured those would be long gone, though I don’t really remember when I sent them and how many, lol. I need to start building again...just can’t seem to find the motivation or urge to do it...guess it’s a good thing I had enough coils already made to last any normal person a year or longer. I was finally able to start doing decent color shots and then shit hit the fan here and it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything besides straighten out and coil up some sticks of Alien Wire.
14f45fadb0e79f93cde4130297c1ea29.jpg
f35b701ae528f83a1179bc26cde058f0.jpg
f817ed40ce28d475e7e4a733881b6005.jpg
1c444ca632c1c5cfe2866d77ae13efdb.jpg

I think I have like 10ish left. If I can't make them myself soon I'll be screwed lol. They're my go to coil for mechs.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm not either lol

I still have Vape Train flavors to get through and I just ordered AGAIN to make Smoky Blue’s Strawberry Neapolitan thingy. ( goddam Alpine Strawberry!). I can’t......lol!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nothing I make sits longer than a month except GOC

Lol!
Spend $5 and get free shipping. Weekend sale 30ml for 79 cents.
I knoooooooooow......not doing it. Great deal, but I still have Vape Train flavors I haven’t touched. And Real Flavors from the last sale. And from the sale before. Lol!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone got any good cotton candy recipes?
mine always seem to come out a bit "meh"

So I just did a google search.....Luddite, btw, so I don’t know how to post links. Embarrassing, I know. But there’s a thread in the recipe section called Killer Cotton Candy. The recipe is.....

TFA Circus Cotton Candy 8%
LA Country Fair Cotton Candy 2%

I have no idea how this is, but Nathan, who posted it seems really excited about it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

CAP sweet strawberry 4%
CAP bavarian cream 1%
FA oba oba 0.5%
RF SC strawberry 2%

Give it a weeks steep

Mixing this tonight. Feedback coming soon! :)

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have like 10ish left. If I can't make them myself soon I'll be screwed lol. They're my go to coil for mechs.

Lol, I got you if you need more..I still have a shit-ton and I actually started to do a little prep work the other day, so, a build session hopefully isn’t too far off. When I said I wasn’t sending coils out to folks I don’t know anymore it was in reference to people PM’ing me out of the blue like happened before that started this rollercoaster of bullshit that I’m stuck at now, but anyone I’ve sent coils to before or anyone I know here that seems cool I’ll still send coils out to gratis.
0c1d52eb3c583b547f28f79572ec7628.jpg
0304bfee64e44e2dd5eb4316214d6b52.jpg

Edit: You were damn close to getting them down a few weeks ago...have you not messed with them since then?

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, I got you if you need more..I still have a shit-ton and I actually started to do a little prep work the other day, so, a build session hopefully isn’t too far off. When I said I wasn’t sending coils out to folks I don’t know anymore it was in reference to people PM’ing me out of the blue like happened before that started this rollercoaster of bullshit that I’m stuck at now, but anyone I’ve sent coils to before or anyone I know here that seems cool I’ll still send coils out to gratis.
0c1d52eb3c583b547f28f79572ec7628.jpg
0304bfee64e44e2dd5eb4316214d6b52.jpg

Edit: You were damn close to getting them down a few weeks ago...have you not messed with them since then?

Hmm I could probably trade you a squonker

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So I just did a google search.....Luddite, btw, so I don’t know how to post links. Embarrassing, I know. But there’s a thread in the recipe section called Killer Cotton Candy. The recipe is.....

TFA Circus Cotton Candy 8%
LA Country Fair Cotton Candy 2%

I have no idea how this is, but Nathan, who posted it seems really excited about it.
I just learned how to post a pic and save an image. I figure links can wait for next year.:giggle:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.onedropflavors.com
e8b4e72d647c9b0dbf0f14dfaa10922e.jpg

$12.64 and free shipping for 16 30ml bottles of flavors? Hell, I’m not too proud to jump on that like a fat kid on a cupcake, starving man on a Christmas ham, priest on an alter boy or any other tongue in cheek metaphor you want to use...just placed my order

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Putting in an order at BCF for these (all 10ml):

Watermelon Candy-TFA
Watermelon-TFA
Watermelon-FA
Pineapple-TFA
Pineapple-FA
Marshmallow-FA
Koolada-TFA
Mint-INW
Double Chocolate (Clear)-TFA
Peppermint-FA
Whipped Cream-TFA
Creme De Menthe-FW
Meringue-FA
Milk Chocolate-INW
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-CAP
Sweetener-TFA

Along with the order I put in at One Drop Flavors for these (all 30ml):

Blue Raspberry
Blueberry
Caramel
Cherry
Chocolate
Cotton Candy
Custard
Grape
Menthol
Orange
Peach
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Vanilla
Watermelon

This will bring my flavor count to 57 flavors.
Also, placed an order for a gallon of VG and another 500ml of 100mg VG-Based Nic earlier (I’m still good on PG) from Nic River.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Putting in an order at BCF for these (all 10ml):

Watermelon Candy-TFA
Watermelon-TFA
Watermelon-FA
Pineapple-TFA
Pineapple-FA
Marshmallow-FA
Koolada-TFA
Mint-INW
Double Chocolate (Clear)-TFA
Peppermint-FA
Whipped Cream-TFA
Creme De Menthe-FW
Meringue-FA
Milk Chocolate-INW
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-CAP
Sweetener-TFA

Along with the order I put in at One Drop Flavors for these (all 30ml):

Blue Raspberry
Blueberry
Caramel
Cherry
Chocolate
Cotton Candy
Custard
Grape
Menthol
Orange
Peach
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Vanilla
Watermelon

This will bring my flavor count to 57 flavors.
Also, placed an order for a gallon of VG and another 500ml of 100mg VG-Based Nic earlier (I’m still good on PG) from Nic River.

SC pineapple and HS pineapple are both better than FA imo.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SC pineapple and HS pineapple are both better than FA imo.

Thanks! I forgot to submit my order last night, so, I was able to toss those two onto the list along with some much needed funnels and just submitted the order.
The only Pineapple I had was INW and it seems like most fruit flavors need to be paired with a couple of manufacturers to hit their full potential, so, I was just kind of blindly casting a net and hoping for the best...but feeling much better about my odds of getting a good pineapple flavor now. Again, thanks!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of you guys are fortunate. You order flavors and have them in a few days. Today I finally got an order that was placed on Feb 22. It was no fault of the vendor as it was in country in 4 days. It got lost in Post Office purgatory and I had to actively pull it out. I said that just to tell this. Have you ever ordered a flavor, received it and thought, "What the fuck did I order this for?" It was a month ago and I'm totally clueless as to why I now have FLV Boysenberry.

VU Sponsors