“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends on the flavor. For example, JF sweet strawberry I taste a tart, sour sweetness but no strawberry. Then FA juicy strawberry I get nothing. Tastes like air.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Huh. Ok.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ill trade ya lol. I hate coconut.

Vaping purilium sweet strawberry right now and I don't even know what I'm tasting. It's weird.

:(

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oof, sorry to hear all that. My packaging was bubble-wrapped and secure, the HV in a separate baggie sealed and shut, also in bubble wrap. That's... hmmph, that's how I know I need to curb my recommendation sprees. Sorry to hear!

I'll say that vaping it straight, about half way through the second day I was vaping paper flavored air. Had to switch it up a bit, I must have grown accustomed to it. I've added it into a couple recipe bottles now with other Vanillas, bakery flavors and creams and I'm still on the 'It's SO good' boat - I may not be doing much in the way of single-flavor vaping of it, though.

On the other hand, I very recently got the flavors I missed to whip up GOC proper, and yeah, that's a good tasting vape no matter how you look at it. Introduced me to Graham Cracker as well, that'll be finding its way into a bunch of stuff in the future I'm sure.

Again, I feel bad recommending it like I did. I'll be sure to tone down my spastic recommendations in the future, haha!

edit: Right now I'm vaping a new mix I did with it, 3% CAP French Vanilla, 2% Holy Vanilla, 2% CAP Yellow Cake, 0.5% of FW Graham Cracker and CAP Butter Cream each. It's fantastic, but... erm... don't take my word for it! ;)
That recipe down the bottom sounds fantastic.....right up my alley! And I have all the ingredients! Any steep time? I might wanna mix this up tonite. ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've tested 13 of 25ish different strawberries so far. Quite tedious. I think I'm only doing them as shake and vapes. Testing that many flavors multiple times in weeks is just crazy.

Oh damn.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Dragon spear trying Cap VBIC instead of FA fresh cream
Raspberry Apple Cream (WIP)
@Mykreign Banana Cream Pie, I finally got everything I need
Floral Milkshake (WIP) last try was a bust
A couple single testers

Nothing fancy today, did get my DIYFS order, not gonna mix holy vanilla as a standalone though. The strawberry smells alright, but nothing special, gonna let it sit a couple hours before giving it a try.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
The strawberry smells alright, but nothing special, gonna let it sit a couple hours before giving it a try.

Alright I'm trying the strawberry, at 2% I can taste strawberry, it's not super strong, but maybe it'll increase with time. Honestly what stands out is this weird after taste, it's very faint but I do get a slight plastic taste on exhale, not sure on that front. So far, it's okay, bit weird, I probably won't use it too much.

EDIT I did a quick search to see if anyone else got that after taste, but I haven't found anything, so maybe it's just my taste buds

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today I have been trying to come up with a completely unique flavor to send to a friend and it is amazing how you forgot what flavors you ordered and never used yet! Ran a few ideas past her and she thought they sounded wonderful but I have not tested them yet~!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright I'm trying the strawberry, at 2% I can taste strawberry, it's not super strong, but maybe it'll increase with time. Honestly what stands out is this weird after taste, it's very faint but I do get a slight plastic taste on exhale, not sure on that front. So far, it's okay, bit weird, I probably won't use it too much.

EDIT I did a quick search to see if anyone else got that after taste, but I haven't found anything, so maybe it's just my taste buds
No i get plastic in most every Strawberry ive tried and inw strawberry shisha and fa strawberry seem to be the only two i just get strawberry no plastic

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

TFA Strawberry was the only one that had a strange aftertaste.
Maybe like chemicals or could have been plastic.
It was a couple years ago and I pitched it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That recipe down the bottom sounds fantastic.....right up my alley! And I have all the ingredients! Any steep time? I might wanna mix this up tonite. ;)
Nope, I shake and vape just about everything. Time makes good things better, and if something sits long enough to mature-out, all the better - but I don't mix for the shelf anymore. :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Made three small 15ML bottles-
  • Ella's Shortbread (VHM)
  • Glass Apple (froto jetson)
  • Fuji/Watermelon (@MagicJosh)
Ella's Shortbread is one that goes with me on every business trip, needless to say I love that one.
I mixed up some of Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon today, which is another one that I always take on trips along with GOC and @Deeks Raspberry Custard.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made a few experimental mixes this evening. Five of them, 15ML per.

• CAP-Sweet Cream + CAP-Sweet Strawberry
  • TFA-Strawberry + TFA-Bavarian Cream + PUR-Coconut
  • PUR-Pineapple + CAP-Sweet Tangerine
  • TFA-Bubble Gum + TFA-Strawberry + PUR-Watermelon
  • PUR-Pineapple + FW-Blood Orange + INW-Mango
I'll be happy if one of these is good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Those all sound good...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ella's Shortbread is one that goes with me on every business trip, needless to say I love that one.
I mixed up some of Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon today, which is another one that I always take on trips along with GOC and @Deeks Raspberry Custard.
Is this the Ella's Shortbread rescipe?
upload_2018-1-14_22-48-41.png

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Let me know how the Sweet strawberry cream goes, that sounds nice, and that bubblegum mix, so yummy looking.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me know how the Sweet strawberry cream goes, that sounds nice, and that bubblegum mix, so yummy looking.
Will do. I'm going to let the Caps mix sleep a while. Lol "sleep".
The bubble gum mix is good. But I think Tfa bubble gum (fruity) could use a little help here. Its a good flavor. But it probably would benefit if I added a different brand gum in the mix. I don't have any others. Can you guys suggest a good gum flavor?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Will do. I'm going to let the Caps mix sleep a while. Lol "sleep".
The bubble gum mix is good. But I think Tfa bubble gum (fruity) could use a little help here. Its a good flavor. But it probably would benefit if I added a different brand gum in the mix. I don't have any others. Can you guys suggest a good gum flavor?

INW Blue Dwarf.
Don't know if it qualifies as gum, but that's what I use it for.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

The top two sound lovely.:)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They sent me a freebie bottle of Vanilla Berry pudding flavoring. Quite a nice gesture of them, I'll be sure to give it a whirl one day.
Lol! I got that one, too! I haven’t tried it yet. Smells pretty ok though.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Question.....I’m looking to do a strawberry eggnog creamy type thing. The only eggnog I have is from diyfs and I haven’t tried it yet. Is there a better eggnog out there? Flavorah?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hello, I'm hoping for a little help. First where's the best source for flavor notes? I know I should do them myself probably but I'd still like to be able to look mostly for flavors I want to buy.
Second, what blue raspberry flavor would you guys say tastes just like a blue raspberry jolly rancher? I already have Fw & Tfa BR amd neither really have that flavor. Is it the osdiy I'm looking for?
Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hello, I'm hoping for a little help. First where's the best source for flavor notes? I know I should do them myself probably but I'd still like to be able to look mostly for flavors I want to buy.
Second, what blue raspberry flavor would you guys say tastes just like a blue raspberry jolly rancher? I already have Fw & Tfa BR amd neither really have that flavor. Is it the osdiy I'm looking for?
emoji4.png

Well for notes, definitely check out @HeadInClouds flavor art notes, do a google search, I'm too lazy to find the link right now. You can check out some of the vendor discussion threads, or if you don't mind combing through the DIY subreddit, there might be something worth looking at there. Now blue raz flavors...all pre-made ones are trash to me, I've heard the OSDIY is good, but ain't tried it so I can't speak for or against it. It's best to make your own, I like to use 2% TFA blueberry candy and 1% FA raspberry. Also, honking my horn a bit, but I did make a thread for picking starting flavors:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/flavors-for-starting-diy.375367/
They're not exactly full in-depth notes, and it's currently unfinished, but it might help give a general idea of some flavors. Though definitely check out HIC's notes mate, some amazing stuff in there.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My go to for flavor notes is ELR. Add it to your stash, click on the flavor and there will be a notes section.

As for blue razz, that's a tough one. Normally you combine a few different ones. You might as well buy them all lol.
OSDIY blue raspberry slush
LB blue raspberry
CAP raspberry v1
FA raspberry
TFA sweet raspberry
WF blue raspberry sour candy - this one has gotten good review. I have it but havent tried it yet.

Then you can make this
upload_2018-1-17_6-9-51.png

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My hazelnut caramachiato
After a five day steep noticed it has a slight bitterness to it and a dry mouth feel not sure what thats about.
Making another batch this time increasing flavour amounts and an addition of fa vienna cream
Fingers crossed
865609f9271d96f2f2677cfacf544e6e.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wondering what set up people use for testing flavours atm im using a smok alien 220 with baby beast inc 3.5 ml expansion with t8 coil.
Want to get an rbta or rda but no clue when it comes down to it. I just want a deck i can check the full flavour scale for my diy juices.
Any recomendations?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering what set up people use for testing flavours atm im using a smok alien 220 with baby beast inc 3.5 ml expansion with t8 coil.
Want to get an rbta or rda but no clue when it comes down to it. I just want a deck i can check the full flavour scale for my diy juices.
Any recomendations?

i have multiple set ups when testing flavors. All with rdas of course, which include,

Goon 1.5
Apocolypse
2 Recoils
Tsunami 24

cant think of anymore at the moment. RDAs are the best because they're easy to wick and you dont have to fill up a tank with something you might not like. Some juices will taste different going from and RDA to any type of tank though.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Any recomendations?

I use whatever I'm gonna vape it with, though for recipes that I'm certain ain't gonna work out, I don't like to use a tank. I only got one RDA ATM, the Apocalypse, I like it, but not sure if I'd recommend it. When I ain't using the Apocalypse, I tend to use the freemax fireluke, but it's got a decent sized tank so it's more of a commitment.

EDIT for the record I am not saying the Apocalypse is bad, I just haven't used enough RDA's to say one way or the other.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors