Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy Moly that Holy Vanilla is good. I've hit that "puppy love" stage in it, been a while since I've been in that stage with a new flavor. I'm sure it'll wind down with time, but I think - prematurely, sure, but with a little bit of confidence - I think I've found a new staple.

Two single-flavor trial bottles made last night (thankfully, it was not lifted) - 1% and 3% straight, as close to 50-50 as I can get.

1% is light and somewhat more noticeable than I expected, that'll be the additive percentage for sure. No custard, yogurt notes. I think it'll probably be replacing Vanilla Swirl in some of my mixes, moreso as I go I'm sure. Slightly creamy notes, nothing baked-goods or perfumey. Lookin' at you, FVH Smooth Vanilla.

3% is probably where I'll settle on single flavor percentage. I may try 4%, but that ... that might be a bit too bold. It's either a mixture of other vanillas or something proprietary to DIY Flavor Shack, because this is just excellent. Been enjoying it right before I racked out last night, woke up with a really flavorful and well-rounded tasting vape that, I mean... I've been doing this for a few years, far from a pro, but I've been mixing for a while. For this to be a single-flavor, that's just cool. It's 3%, that's a hefty FA ratio percentage. That's nuts.

It's good. I was really eager and excited to try new "top tier" vanillas, specialties and whatnot, and I've never even heard of this before last week. Been let down a couple times in a row now, so my expectations were down there. Bam, head goes 180 by the time I'm cracking the bottle open. There's a lot of positive talk online about it, and it's well deserved. If you're looking for a better vanilla, it's worth it to give this a shot.

Only gripe? The bottles. It's been a long, long time since I've had to break out the pipettes. Open mouth bottles mean I have to use a pipette and I don't miss using those to dispense flavors. Pain in the butt. BUT! The juice is oh-so worth the squeeze.

Says this dude. (who, as an aside, did not have any luck in finding a suitable place to park his bearded butt yesterday. The hunt continues, I hate the home-buying process with a passion, folks. If I never have to do this again, I'll die happy.)
That's it, I'm finally gonna order some. A big bottle too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up a six pack sampler of their tobaccos. Can't vouch for a single one, yet, as I haven't tested any of them yet. Sniffer test, sure, but nothing else.

Holy RY4 smells good, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts it's got Holy Vanilla in there.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I picked up a six pack sampler of their tobaccos. Can't vouch for a single one, yet, as I haven't tested any of them yet. Sniffer test, sure, but nothing else.

Holy RY4 smells good, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts it's got Holy Vanilla in there.
Maybe that'll be the first tobacco I try.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm wondering if someone has any good or bad experience with purilum flavors. I normally don't have issues googeling but not much is out there, besides people have tried a flavor here and there, also I rather trust our members than other forums lol. I was using mainly cap and tfa last year, but want to place a huge FA order today, however pur did caught my attention, hence I'm asking. I'm more into European flavors since I don't like the in your face artificial or candy flavors. Any input good or bad would be cool :)

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my favorites! It needs a good steep, but its tasty. As a matter of fact I am vaping it all day today. This batch was born 11-18-17.
Just tried this after a 3 week steep and love it. Thanks for reminding me about this one.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm wondering if someone has any good or bad experience with purilum flavors. I normally don't have issues googeling but not much is out there, besides people have tried a flavor here and there, also I rather trust our members than other forums lol. I was using mainly cap and tfa last year, but want to place a huge FA order today, however pur did caught my attention, hence I'm asking. I'm more into European flavors since I don't like the in your face artificial or candy flavors. Any input good or bad would be cool :)
I love Purlium meringue and white grape. Their raspberry is very good but a bit sweet as a stand alone. Ordered a few more but haven't tried them yet. Their Nut and creams blends are pretty popular. There are a few threads for Purlium flavors around, google the Hazelnut and Cream and you'll probably get a hit.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I love Purlium meringue and white grape. Their raspberry is very good but a bit sweet as a stand alone. Ordered a few more but haven't tried them yet. Their Nut and creams blends are pretty popular. There are a few threads for Purlium flavors around, google the Hazelnut and Cream and you'll probably get a hit.

Thanks, thought I'm sticking with the creams and custards from FA since everybody is raving about that, might try pur's creams next order. I did however order their sweet strawberry, chocolate cherry, condensed milk, butter cream, butter pecan, super sweet, caramel cappuccino and cheesecake/graham. We will see how it goes, I either made the most horrible decision or it might turn out amazingly good. I mostly don't use stand alone's but your input was really appreciated and at least gives me some guidance next time lol.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I only do singles of flavors I enjoy eating. Can't stand passionfruit but enjoy it in a complex juice for example.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A good grape that isn't soda or candy based? Time to get a cart ready. So far holy vanilla and clearly grape is in there, the strawberry might seem worth checking out, anyone tried it?
I was thinking about grabbing it but I figured I'd be disappointed and didn't wanna spend more money. Maybe I'll get a freebie.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about grabbing it but I figured I'd be disappointed and didn't wanna spend more money. Maybe I'll get a freebie.

They sent me a freebie bottle of Vanilla Berry pudding flavoring. Quite a nice gesture of them, I'll be sure to give it a whirl one day.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A good grape that isn't soda or candy based? Time to get a cart ready. So far holy vanilla and clearly grape is in there, the strawberry might seem worth checking out, anyone tried it?
It's less true grape, more Kool-aid grape. I should've said that earlier.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
It's less true grape, more Kool-aid grape. I should've said that earlier.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Dang, not a single good pure grape exists does it? Ah well I'm getting it anyway, might be something I can use in a grape cream soda or something, cause just grape soda on its own doesn't cut it.

Just a question guys, how do you manage to create your own vape juice from scratch? I need some serious advice.

Like @inspects said, check out YouTube, you can also check out some threads here on the forum. I'd say avoid Facebook mixing groups like the plague, but I'm just going off what I've seen. E juice is one of the easiest things you can make, don't believe otherwise dude.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dang, not a single good pure grape exists does it?
While not exactly a fresh grape eating match, for a white grape flavor I like FLV Moscato (standalone @ 1.5%). If I want a good Welch's Grape juice flavor ...FLV Grape (@ 2%) If I could only own one, it would be the Moscato.
YMMV

Ron
---
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "-Thomas A. Edison

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got some today. Ive only had Strawberry Biscuit which is pretty good. These are all Purilum-
0108181445.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Omg idk if I've posted this or not but this recipe is the best blue razz I've ever had. Anyone that likes blue razz absolutely needs to try it. This is not my recipe and I don't remember where I got it
0be1ddd1995704fb272cd34bd047fb18.jpg

I just got all the stuff to mix this up......super yum!!! Thanks for sharing. :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're welcome! Did you S&V it? It gets better after a day or so.

I did, but I’ll leave it alone for a bit. S&V is pretty fabulous, though!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't leave it too long. At about 3 weeks it starts to fade.

Good to know! It’s gonna be hard to leave it alone for too long, anyway. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
10ML testers tonight-
  • CAP-Harvest Berry
  • PUR- Watermelon
  • PUR-Wild Berry Harvest
  • PUR-Strawberry Marshmallow Cereal
  • CAP-Jelly Candy (3% added to Fujirazz)

This Purilum Watermelon is the shiznit! Its very similar to the taste of a jolly rancher stick. But its not overly sweet. It will be fun to play around with it. I love Flavour Arts watermelon and this one is everything it isn't. I can't wait to combine them.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
While not exactly a fresh grape eating match, for a white grape flavor I like FLV Moscato (standalone @ 1.5%). If I want a good Welch's Grape juice flavor ...FLV Grape (@ 2%) If I could only own one, it would be the Moscato.
YMMV

Ron
---
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "-Thomas A. Edison

I've heard that one was good, but have held off because buying a FLV flavor takes commitment. May look into it next flavor order. One day somebody will get that fresh grape flavor right, and I will build a statue in their honor.

Okay I got a few things done today:
Cherry blossom cola
Raspberry Tea
Floral Milkshake, I think I figured out what I used to make this
Cactus Flower Tea(WIP)

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Currently thinking strawberry, blueberry, or maybe raspberry, but really I'm just wanting a fruit soda that isn't cream based. As for grape, currently I only have TFA grape candy and FW grape soda.

Taking the percentages of strawberry and blueberry from my red, white, and blueberry recipe because its perfectly balanced. I'd try something like,

TFA blueberry candy 1%
TFA blueberry extra 5%
INW shisha strawberry 1.5%
FA wine champagne 2%
INW cactus .25%

or

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1096577/Howard Hughes' Strawberry Crush

VU Sponsors