Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think so. I think I'm getting a sour milk taste from the cream cheese icing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agree with jr779. I don't get anything sour at all. There is only 1.00% Cream Cheese Icing in it. Did your flavor go bad possibly? I know that tastes vary, but I don't get anything like a cheesecake or greek yogurt type taste at all from it. I just finished the last of a 60ml bottle. Did you steep it at all?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agree with jr779. I don't get anything sour at all. There is only 1.00% Cream Cheese Icing in it. Did your flavor go bad possibly? I know that tastes vary, but I don't get anything like a cheesecake or greek yogurt type taste at all from it. I just finished the last of a 60ml bottle. Did you steep it at all?
The flavors arent old at all. It's only been steeping maybe 3 days.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm playing with INW coconut cookies tonight. 60ML split up to see what happens when a dash of these are added separately-
  • TFA-Brown Sugar
  • CAP-Sugar Cookie
  • INW-Shisha Vanilla
  • INW-Mango
  • FLV-Boysenberry
  • CAP-Butter Cream
I love it stand alone. Just wanna see how those play with it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Omg idk if I've posted this or not but this recipe is the best blue razz I've ever had. Anyone that likes blue razz absolutely needs to try it. This is not my recipe and I don't remember where I got it
0be1ddd1995704fb272cd34bd047fb18.jpg

Is all of your stuff private on there?

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night I mixed a batch of my wife's go to:

Whipped Cream (DIYFS ) 1.5%
Blackberry (FA) 0.1%
Arctic Winter Menthol (FA) 1.0%
Blueberry Extra (TFA ) 5.0%

Along with a test batch of:

Forest Fruit (FA) 4%
Rainbow Candy (CSL) 3%

And then added Arctic Winter Menthol (FA) 1.0% to half for my wife to test.

Unfortunately, all my tanks are full so I can't taste my tester until I finish what's in my current tank. :(

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Toungue Fucker

Alright, I'll bite. What's that one?

Alright got a few things mixed tonight.

@Howard Hughes blue slushy
@wllmc Christmas cocoa I seriously can't put this one down
HIC's hippie granola
Strawberry root beer float(WIP) changed a few things
Floral cream soda(WIP) I'm seeing how it plays with FA citrus mix

Anyone tried cantrips by Shyndo in the bull city recipe packs?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, my mix of forest fruit & rainbow candy was a bust. Gonna give it some time to see if that helps but it just had no flavor, just a bland sweetness is the best way I can describe it. Oh well, they can't all be zingers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I wonder if Raibow Drops would fair any better. Berry skittles sounds good.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if Raibow Drops would fair any better. Berry skittles sounds good.
I don't know. I was sorely disappointed since I love Forest Fruit and every other fruit flavor that I have tried so far has actually been enhanced by the Rainbow Candy. I was very surprised that the result so closely resembled the flavor of sugar water. But I haven't tried Rainbow Drops.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking of making a raspberry tea lemonade but the only tea flavor I have is tfa green tea. Not sure it's the tea I'm looking for. Anyone have any thoughts on that flavor? I haven't used it much.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Holy Vanilla is out for delivery today, and I'm gonna be out house-shopping.

There aren't many things I'm willing to risk being lifted in order to get done, but I suppose an order of flavors can be offered up as sacrifice for such a huge leap forward. Wish me luck, mix on you crazy diamonds.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm thinking of making a raspberry tea lemonade but the only tea flavor I have is tfa green tea. Not sure it's the tea I'm looking for. Anyone have any thoughts on that flavor? I haven't used it much.

I haven’t used it myself, but from what I’ve read(from exclusivegirl that did the Green Tea KitKat recipe) it’s ok as a green tea flavor. Grassy, but not too grassy. (I’ve used FA green tea and it’s awful). I think it could work with raspberry, but I guess it’s all a matter of what you’re going for. Green tea does have that grassy /earthy flavor......at a low percentage, it might work nicely.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t used it myself, but from what I’ve read(from exclusivegirl that did the Green Tea KitKat recipe) it’s ok as a green tea flavor. Grassy, but not too grassy. (I’ve used FA green tea and it’s awful). I think it could work with raspberry, but I guess it’s all a matter of what you’re going for. Green tea does have that grassy /earthy flavor......at a low percentage, it might work nicely.
Yeah I wasn't hopeful but I was hoping someone would change my mind lol. Grassy, earthy, floral isn't what I want :(

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What with your move that's understandable. I have complete confidence you will soon get over not being the "USPS Customer of the Year". :giggle:

Ron
---
"There is hardship in everything... except eating pancakes."- Charles Spurgeon
Lol USPS misses my dough I'm sure lol I figure with what I'll save in shipping cost this year I can increase my flavor stash by ..... a lot....

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Now the bad thing is the wife runs support for BCF... She messages me every time I buy something..... like really again hahaha

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

Last edited:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Yeah I wasn't hopeful but I was hoping someone would change my mind lol. Grassy, earthy, floral isn't what I want :(

I love tea vapes but when using TFA green tea I pair it with more brighter "exotic" fruits if that makes sense. Example white peach, pear, mangos, guava or even some passion fruits. Even cucumber if I just want that refreshing juice. I personally did not like or think it pairs well with earthier, bolder or heavier fruits. It might have been my raspberry, cherry or strawberry flavor itself but when I mix these with my black tea they work amazing. Again taste is subjective but try that, you might enjoy the green tea much better that way.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love tea vapes but when using TFA green tea I pair it with more brighter "exotic" fruits if that makes sense. Example white peach, pear, mangos, guava or even some passion fruits. Even cucumber if I just want that refreshing juice. I personally did not like or think it pairs well with earthier, bolder or heavier fruits. It might have been my raspberry, cherry or strawberry flavor itself but when I mix these with my black tea they work amazing. Again taste is subjective but try that, you might enjoy the green tea much better that way.
Thank you!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'll add this tho, tfa green tea reminds me of a strong watered down version of matcha green tea, but not the high quality one. Its more like the trader joes instant match a mix, that has a couple different earthy teas and yet the tfa would be still taste much lighter. Its not equal to an sweet tea or green tea tea bags, not even close to already store sold green teas like Arizona. While its not the most authentic and truthful flavor, its more realistic when looking at the matcha kind of green tea. If you don't like them IRL, I doubt you want to vape them lol. If you looking more for iced tea, sweet tea or were thinking of that, that would be the wrong flavor in my opinion if used as main tea base, however you could mix it with a light lemonade and some sweet tea probably to cut out the earthiness and might archive your goal that way. Have not tried it and I think there's better tea bases if you looking at that direction.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy Moly that Holy Vanilla is good. I've hit that "puppy love" stage in it, been a while since I've been in that stage with a new flavor. I'm sure it'll wind down with time, but I think - prematurely, sure, but with a little bit of confidence - I think I've found a new staple.

Two single-flavor trial bottles made last night (thankfully, it was not lifted) - 1% and 3% straight, as close to 50-50 as I can get.

1% is light and somewhat more noticeable than I expected, that'll be the additive percentage for sure. No custard, yogurt notes. I think it'll probably be replacing Vanilla Swirl in some of my mixes, moreso as I go I'm sure. Slightly creamy notes, nothing baked-goods or perfumey. Lookin' at you, FVH Smooth Vanilla.

3% is probably where I'll settle on single flavor percentage. I may try 4%, but that ... that might be a bit too bold. It's either a mixture of other vanillas or something proprietary to DIY Flavor Shack, because this is just excellent. Been enjoying it right before I racked out last night, woke up with a really flavorful and well-rounded tasting vape that, I mean... I've been doing this for a few years, far from a pro, but I've been mixing for a while. For this to be a single-flavor, that's just cool. It's 3%, that's a hefty FA ratio percentage. That's nuts.

It's good. I was really eager and excited to try new "top tier" vanillas, specialties and whatnot, and I've never even heard of this before last week. Been let down a couple times in a row now, so my expectations were down there. Bam, head goes 180 by the time I'm cracking the bottle open. There's a lot of positive talk online about it, and it's well deserved. If you're looking for a better vanilla, it's worth it to give this a shot.

Only gripe? The bottles. It's been a long, long time since I've had to break out the pipettes. Open mouth bottles mean I have to use a pipette and I don't miss using those to dispense flavors. Pain in the butt. BUT! The juice is oh-so worth the squeeze.

Says this dude. (who, as an aside, did not have any luck in finding a suitable place to park his bearded butt yesterday. The hunt continues, I hate the home-buying process with a passion, folks. If I never have to do this again, I'll die happy.)

VU Sponsors