The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Shoot I have everything except the FLV Poundcake & I just placed my BCF order this morning.

edit: I do have the DIYFS Pound Cake, wonder if that’ll work?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  2. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    you could sub a different cake. Something denser. Maybe like gooey butter cake diyfs, or whatever you have. I have trouble tasting cake flavors so I like to layer them. The butter my biscuit does a good job of that for me.

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  3. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Damn! These look great! Nice job, dude!

88ArDeN88 and Heartsdelight like this.
  4. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I do have DIYFS Gooey Butter Cake. I’ll think on it. Thanks!

88ArDeN88 and wildgypsy70 like this.
  5. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I first got one of those as a throw in from a TMaxx NoFrills juice order. I found them on Fasttech and got a few dozen. I like the tips and the wide opening for mixing directly into them. I use all kinds of styles of bottles. I try to pick some up from orders when I can.

DaBunny, marter, nadalama and 2 others like this.
  6. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hey....anyone talk to @LeanPipe ? She hasn’t been seen since May 2019. Just curious. I pm’d her a while ago and didn’t hear back.....

Heartsdelight and misswish like this.
  7. ScReWbALL

ScReWbALL Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think I may have mixed and shared something like this before, but in case I didn’t, I made this and I’ve been vaping it the past couple of days and it’s just getting better with age.
    [​IMG]

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

8. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think you did but it looks great! And I can mix it, too! Good to see ya around!

9. marter

marter VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Looks good, and I can mix it also. Thanks for the recipe. What's the steep time?

10. ScReWbALL

ScReWbALL Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just used it as a Shake & Vape, but I’ve been vaping this same bottle since Saturday and the taste seems to get better each day.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

11. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    For 30's I get these from FT
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/2121500

(FastTech will have a 2-day site-wide promotion from Oct 30 to 31 (UTC -6).

All the products will be 15% off! Grab the chance to get this big offer!

Promotion Date: Oct 30 00:00 - Oct 31 23:59 (UTC -6)

Offer: Site-wide 15% off

Code: CANDY15 )

12. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    This looks fabulous and I have everything to mix it except the "Butter My Biscuit." I'm particular about cookie flavors, might have to go with an extra drop or two of Butter Cream and Caps Sugar Cookie in its place. I know that's probably not right, not the same mix of flavors, but omg I just can't do FA Cookie.

I have:

TFA Oatmeal Cookie
    Caps Sugar Cookie
    FA Cookie (blech)
    Inw Shortbread
    WF Almond Cookie

as well as a couple other "breads" like WF Croissant and Caps Glazed Doughnut

Any suggestions? Now that I look at them all, I wonder if the TFA Oatmeal Cookie would be a good choice.

13. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    I didn't really use the biscuit to add a cookie flavor. I used it to back up the cake because I don't taste cake flavors all that great. I would say like 1% max of inw shortbread would add that same buttery note that I was looking for with the Butter My Biscuit. I would have used inw biscuit, but I'm not overly fond of that flavor.

14. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Ok, thanks, that sounds good! I will mix it up first chance I get.

Lemon cake is my favorite, besides Italian Creme Cake. A good lemon cake vape would be hard to pass up.

15. marter

marter VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Thanks @nadalama I ordered 50 of these from iVapeSupply https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/30ml-unicorn-plastic-bottle-with-wide-open-top.html. They apparently come with nicotine in them according to the warning.
    Unicorn bottles.PNG

16. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Heartsdelight, wildgypsy70 and marter like this.
  17. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I mixed my adaptation of your recipe and it's had about 36 hours to marinate. After an initial sample, I made a couple of minor tweaks and it has become something wonderful! I noted the changes in the post I initially made so if anyone else mixes this version, they'll have the right numbers.

Well done! This is a keeper, very very good. I would describe it as a medium roast sweet-ish creamed coffee with a syrup-and-pastry backnote. Can see how it would be very good, early in the morning.

Thanks @Smoky Blue !

Smoky Blue, Jinx'd, lirruping and 3 others like this.
  18. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    I have made like 3 or 4 versions of a lemon cake and every time the cake aspect has been a bit lacking. This is the first one I've made that I like a lot.

19. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I discovered a few weeks ago that 1% or so of OOO Powdered Sugar brings cake flavors forward. Adds a sweet crusty flavor. Maybe you could try that in a mix you've been less than thrilled with.

20. DaBunny

DaBunny Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    was looking crossed eyed at that..OOO powder sugar
    cakes can often be so ??? ... tasting. and i wondered how that would work...

{ find this so in baking as well}
    IMO
    IT has to be Moist.
    has to be smooth
    so how bout angle food cake W/ -sponge- pound- to lighten the heavy?

would That not make it more like a genoese sponge

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  21. Jonnytc1

Jonnytc1 Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    This is someone's recipe that I found and it's delicious. I might add an extra 0.5 of lemon next time though [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

22. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I can't explain to you how it works, but it does.

The problem I have with cake flavors in eliquid isn't that they're too heavy, it's that they get bowled over by stronger flavors. They just blend in and fade away, especially if there is any chocolate or stronger fruit flavor involved.

One of the flavors that helps add moistness is Cap Cake Batter, at less than 1%. Takes time to steep, though. Small amounts of custards or vanilla cremes often help as well.

23. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    This is true! I’ve tried it and it works. I’m probably going to remix all my cake recipes with the powdered sugar addition. Genius!

24. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    This is also true. Keep it low.....cake batter can take over anything it comes in contact with. And the custard/cream is also true. I pretty much always add a touch of Custard Premium to any cake for the moistness...

25. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately no, the last time was when she was on saying she was ill.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  26. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    :(

Jinx'd likes this.
  27. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Me too love Lemon Cakes, Tarts & Pies.

bobnat, RonJS, wildgypsy70 and 2 others like this.
  28. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    I maybe should try FW Cake Batter Dip, I don't really love cap cake batter even at like 0.25% I will also try the powdered sugar. I have only messed with powdered sugar once after SFT and I thought it gave my recipe a dryness, but I am not sure it was that. I also think after the recipe steeped for a month I ended up loving it.

wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  29. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    FW Cake Batter Dip is good.

30. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    My thinking exactly. Maybe I will try a remix of the one I posted, but I am getting a pretty solid buttery cake flavor out of it at the moment. I think FE Lemon really does a great job of blending in with bakery flavors. FLV Frosting is amazing and the little bit of LA Cream Cheese Icing isn't overpowering anything, really it blends nicely with the FLV and creates a nice glazed frosting almost like a drizzle.

31. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I didn’t get a chance today to mix your recipe, hopefully tomorrow, I’ll try subbing the FLV Poundcake with the DIYFS Gooey Butter Cake as you suggested.

where would you put the FW Cake Batter Dip?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  32. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    Try the cake batter dip instead of the gooey butter cake. I don't remember what % i use cake batter dip at

33. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    The peach cake recipe that I mixed and first realized that the powdered sugar helped it so much, that one was a long steeper too. As you say, it took about a month, although it seemed in this case that what needed time was the FW peach I used in it. I pick up a harsh edge in that flavor, at least when mixed with bakeries, that took a long time to steep out.

It doesn't do that in gums. Go figure.

34. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    @88ArDeN88 I mixed up your Frosted Lemon Cake with the Inw Shortbread sub (at 1%) and it's fantastic. I won't be able to keep myself from sampling this one every day. Thanks for sharing!

Also mixed up a Coconut Cream Pie. A while back I had worked on an adaptation of Nick Evans' Lemon Meringue Pie The Best Yet using flavors I have onhand. It occurred to me that if I changed the Lemon Tart to Coconut Cream Pie and the Lemon Sicily to Coconut Extra, I'd have Coconut Cream Pie! So I did. Knuckle test is good but it's going to need a little bit of a steep.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  35. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Ok I’ll try with the Cake batter dip maybe at 3%?

wildgypsy70 and 88ArDeN88 like this.
  36. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    NicotineRiver is no more? I got a email from River Supply Company so it looks like they changed their name. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. I also heard ECigExpress will be called Flavor Jungle. I guess it would be smart to drop the terms "E-Cig" or "Nicotine" these days. Bastards have it out for all of us.. It would really suck if either of those sites closed.

37. Artemis

Artemis Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I wonder if ecig express will be selling nicotine? I suppose I'll have to buy another liter or two.

38. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    @Heartsdelight you once posted a recipe here that had Orange Marmalade in it. Do you have that handy? I thought I saved it, but can't find it!

39. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I’ll look for it, this morning for you.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  40. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
  41. Jonnytc1

Jonnytc1 Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Huckleberried and wildgypsy70 like this.
  42. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've got a question that someone here may be able to answer. Have you ever tasted Joy in FA's Apple Pie? I've normally used it at very low %s, but I tried some the other day at 2%, in a mix, and I got a jolt of Joy. I hate Joy. Really, really hate it. Or can it be AP?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  43. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    I do not get a joy note. I use it at like 2% for a crust and like 4% to get a hint of apple if I remember correctly.

bobnat, wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  44. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Oops sorry, it was early, didn’t have enough coffee yet.

5D43A693-FFC4-418B-AB22-65ACE6560F80.png

45. Artemis

Artemis Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Modified a recipe (@Smoky Blue )
    Twinkie Batter
    Original recipe (all Flv)
    Pound cake 0.60%
    Cupcake batter 0.30%
    Sweet Dough 0.30%
    Cookie 0.30%
    Vanilla Custard 0.60%

Changed to
    Pound cake 0.80%
    Cupcake batter 0.4%
    Sweet dough 0.4%
    Cookie 0.4%
    Subbed Marshmallow vanilla at 0.6%

I know my SIL is going to love this. I have a 100mL tester going on with this.
    P.S. I thought I had Vanilla Custard. Of course not. I have to order it.

46. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Anyone ever messed around with JF Strawberry Sweet? I received it as a freebie yesterday with a flavor order & have never tried it. It smells nice & from what I've read, may not fade as much as CAP. I am hooked on the JF Biscuit & it will soon replace INW in all my recipes.

47. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Ooooo, lucky you! You are correct. It does not fade as bad as Caps.....it’s definitely a little more intense than Caps, as well. I love it. You still have to layer it with another strawberry, of course. Have fun with it!

48. Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes the way of the future.... VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Nice, I was thinking about combining it with half as much Strawberry Ripe in an upcoming recipe. Thanks.

49. 88ArDeN88

Blog Posts:
    probably my favorite strawberry out there. it's great.

50. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I don’t get Joy out of the FA Apple Pie either.

wildgypsy70 likes this.