The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    yeah, i think i will to. but the only thing i am worried about is the nic going bad. and for me, this is the only thing i would maybe need to replentish

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  2. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    Cracker Barrel ?

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  3. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Lol! Customers bring us little gifts. I own a brunch restaurant.

Heartsdelight likes this.
  4. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    we have a big ass fridge, and there is only 2 of us. i have a bunch of freezer packs in there now. i could take those out and put in 40 years of nic, and never notice it.

5. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Freeze it in colored glass bottles with very little air. I have mine in 60ml blue glass bottles.

6. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    why is that funny ? i like CB

thatss nice. customers bring us donuts :blech:

oh yeah. like a small town type place ?

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  7. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, small family owned type place. We just do brunch. Seats 50 people. In Charlottesville, VA.

Heartsdelight and Jinx'd like this.
  8. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    for many years, i said i would only make it to 60 = 5 1/2 to go. now, maybe a little more.

9. Rhianne

Rhianne Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Like you want to jinx yourself or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:

ooo, i love those kind of places ! can ya mail me some food ! :giggle::facepalm:

11. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    lol. i was jinx'd from before birth, really.

Rhianne likes this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I dunno. How’s that possible?

13. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    tell them that its "fake news", because it is. and i tell the the british government is actively encoraging people to stop smoking by vaping.

14. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Unless you know someone with a truck or van, home depot rents one. $19.00 for 75 mnutes :D

15. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    everyone is born with diffferent resources and abilities and environments. ugly, strong, smart, whatever, or not. andd this, with other things, effects most peoples lives.

16. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    3 liters , 60ml at a time :eek:. and then the cost of the botttles :eek:

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  17. ScReWbALL

ScReWbALL Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thought I’d try to go for my unicorn juice of mixing something that tastes like Purplesaurus Rex and, again, came up short, but still a tasty vape[​IMG]

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

18. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    You can get glass bottles pretty cheap, really. I always got mine from https://packagingoptionsdirect.com/100-cc-amber-glass-round-packer-bottle-38-400-neck-finish-011633 That link is for the wide mouth 100ml amber glass Packer bottle.

Wherever you go, be sure they come with lids. Packaging Options Direct lists them separately, but underneath the listings. You might find some cheaper than this. Shipping varies with all places, too.

19. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:

Sub-Total
    $1.80
    FedEx Ground ($17.58)
    :giggle::facepalm::crazy:

20. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Like I said, shipping will vary from one place to another. They do run shipping specials from time to time, so yeah, that sounds steep. But, also, for a large quantity of bottles... I haven't priced out anyone else, but I haven't needed bottles in a long time. Check out ebay and amazon, too. I just really like the wide mouth bottles.

21. lirruping

lirruping Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good point, yes, wg. Whenever I open my mouth to respond--from someone I like!-- to something like:

"...Well, I hate to say it, but maybe old-fashioned cigarettes are better for you?"

I find myself trying to cram in way too much information and sound like a psycho, like the live-action version of tl;dr. I can tell by the way their eyes glaze over lol. Need to just calmly remind them to do some research and not engage too much with idiotic premises.

Yup, breathe.... just breathe.

22. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    People don't have to agree with vaping. We don't have to agree with smoking. It should be okay to agree to disagree.

23. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    There was an article uploaded this morning by Sick in The Good thread about Public Health England refuting the vape panic rumors. There are links to articles that are meant to help folks answer relatives/friends who press them to stop vaping. Really worth a read. Like they said, Keep Calm and Carry On Vaping!

24. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
  25. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I myself would desire more than 1 liter of total nic. to fill one of those bottles. While a liter contains more volume than 32 oz., it has been my experience that the 32 oz. level in that type of container only comes up to the shoulder of the bottle. To reduce oxidation during storage, I like to fill my bottles almost to the top. For me, 1 ltr. of nic. does not do that in a quart bottle. YMMV

There are solutions if additional nic. is not available.

Heartsdelight, Jinx'd and wildgypsy70 like this.
  26. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    I couldn't agree more--in general. Live and let live, etc. (BTW, those I know coming down on vaping are not smokers, though some are former smokers.)

But it is hard feeling judged, especially by people I care about and respect. As a 30+ year smoker, I spent many years being more or less ostracized by the general public, like anyone else who smoked more than occasionally after the early-mid nineties.

Never bothered me too much. This, now, feels different. it's the whole "children" thing, I suspect. Propaganda is fueling the sense of panic AND moral high ground among reasonable, thoughtful people.

I don't "disagree" with smoking. Nobody I knew ever kidded themselves smoking was OK. We were either just addicts, or in some cases, I guess, self-styled rebels.

27. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    MODIFICATION of "BUBBILICIOUS GRAPE" by ckemist atf 20/80 12MG 9/16/19
    (Original on left, my modifications on right in [ ]).

4.5 (CAP) Bubble Gum [4 Molinberry American Bubble Gum]
    3.25 (TPA) Grape Juice [1.5 tpa Grape Juice & 1.5 fw Grape Soda]
    2.5 (TPA) Marshmallow [1.75 fa Marshmallow + 1 FW Marshmallow
    0.25 (TPA) Sweetener [None]
    2 (TPA) Vanilla Swirl [2 (TPA) Vanilla Swirl ]

This is great after an overnight steep. Seems to be getting sweeter with time. I skipped sweetener especially because fw Grape Soda (my first time using it) smells full of EM--it's very, very sweet. It has more of a throat hit than tfa Grape Juice, but I'm assuming that will temper with time. The Marshmallow and Vanilla swirl really bring it together with smoothness and full-on, puffy-creamy mouthfeel.

TRY WITH HALF OR 1% KIWI double and/or 0.5% koolada or menthol.

28. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Heartsdelight, lirruping and Rhianne like this.
  29. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Do you have a recipe with at the most three flavors? This way I could get them now and try my hand at mixing. I’ve got a credit now at DIY Flavor Shack. Thanks!

30. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    They’re using cigs to stop vaping, which they started doing to quit smoking?! Familiar friend. :GFY: Not you, this craziness!!

Huckleberried and RonJS like this.
  31. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    In their lives, I'm thinking vaping came first

Rhianne likes this.
  32. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry for so many. All are great[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

33. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Nah... it wasn't that painless. I mean, I still miss the wonderful joy of coughing out tennis balls in the morning, and, in a certain sense, kids ARE an epidemic because let's be honest, did no-one ever tell you when you were a kid you're just a parasite and an epidemic? So help save the epidemic. Let's hand this lifesaving industry over to the mob. It will be better this way because Stanley Milgram proved that some 60% of all people don't factually care about whether you live or die anyway. We need more guns in high school. Absolutely. So everyone please stop worrying and love the bomb.

Rhianne likes this.
  34. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    Letitia9 likes this.
  35. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Being ugly is actually a wonderful thing. It scares off those 60% who would rather have you die.

36. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    i know you're being sarcastic in this and your last post and I feel you. I too am pretty cynical about people at this moment.

For people who don't know about the Milgram experiments in New Haven, what they actually show about participants is very much up for discussion! The title of Stanley Milgram's study after WWII was "Obedience to Authority"--not "we want people to die/don't care if people die."

It's actually a good reminder that societal pressure can rob us of courage and make us feel powerless to enact even our most cherished moral beliefs.

Rhianne likes this.
  37. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    @Rhianne - I've never bought any DIYFLAVORSHACK, but many love "Holy Vanilla". If, like you, I had a credit, I would definitely go for that first based on all the raves.

If you're shopping there, check out these flavor notes: https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/diy-flavor-shack-diyfs-flavor-tasting-notes/161384

Also, check out the diyfs site and make some notes about what flavors sound good to you. Then go to https://alltheflavors.com and click "Flavors" at the top. Type in your choices one at a time and see what percentages people are using them at.

You can use e-liquid-recipes.com the same way. Go to https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors and type in flavors you're interested in. Scroll down, click on "Notes" to get some ideas of what people think of the flavor in question. On that same page as Notes, you'll see a link for "recipes".

38. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Exactly!
    Why can't everybody be like Major Kong?

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Heartsdelight, Carambrda and Rhianne like this.
  39. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    It’s still crazy logic, imho. But yeah, how long do most kids or young people smoke before vaping or using Juuls.
    I’m starting to get really pissed off with all this.

RonJS likes this.
  40. Rhianne

Blog Posts:

Thanks! I appreciate it! :blowkiss:

MrMeowgi likes this.
  41. Rhianne

Blog Posts:

Have you been watching Dr. Strangelove? :giggle: But seriously after the first month or so, it was pretty painless for me not to dual use. I was prolly having a few drags here and there, but I made one pack last almost a month. And then I just didn’t buy anymore. I made up my mind to stop and I did. Felt bloody wonderful after a week when I realized I could really do it.
    So, you’re getting to witness the craziness here! You can tell people about it in 20 years and they won’t care!

misswish likes this.
  42. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Hey, that’s one of my chums. Lol

Carambrda likes this.
  43. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Thank you so much. :blowkiss:

44. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    My dh was Bomb Nav for B52’s. I love those BUFFs. They rock!!

RonJS likes this.
  45. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    I never claimed that was the title. Fact of the matter remains, about 60% of the general population didn't care if other, innocent people live or die because if you look authoritative in an authoritative looking environment/setting, then you can tell them in your authoritative sounding voice to kill a defenseless, innocent human being, and they will obey just because you're intimidating them and you're telling them to kill so the killing becomes acceptable to them, and so they become killers. Likewise, if the gov't tells the general populus to support a ban on lifesaving products, the general populus will obey, and innocent people WILL die because that's just how fascism truly works... all it basically takes to turn normal people into killers is a pile of cash to build a fake environment and just fill the place up with a bunch of very good actors. Which is PRECISELY what's been happening regarding the flavor ban.

lirruping, Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  46. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    I don't think we basically disagree and I didn't mean to sound contentious, so sorry if I did. They/we--"people"-- it seems are deeply influenced by perceived authority.

I think the characterization of "uncaring" isn't right, either though, for most people here and now, or back then. In your example, say, of Milgram, I, like everybody, am struck by how many subjects went along with hurting others, but also that there was an ethical process. Most who did had to be repeatedly egged-on by the authority figure in the experiment to go to the point of causing others real harm.

in the end, your point that people are misguided, manipulated and controlled by authority and propaganda is to me, the most salient and relevant.

Edit/PS: Interestingly, one of the most unusual and strongly independent--i.e., unwilling to harm others--subjects in Milgram was a German woman who had lived through the Nazi regime and been exposed to some of the most intense intimidation/propaganda.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Rhianne likes this.
  47. Rhianne

Blog Posts:

I think some people who have been hurt badly just don’t want to inflict pain on others. It’s a great takeaway from a harsh lesson like that. I wish it wasn’t so unusual.
    I didn’t read the Milgram study but it sounds similar to one they did in a University, with electric shocks for wrong answers. Didn’t turn out so well.

lirruping likes this.
  48. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    @Rhianne , BTW, diyfs Angel Food Cake is supposed to be very good too, according to the Noted podcast, part of DIY or DIE. Search on youtube for "Noted: cake". If you're not up for listening to the whole show, look in the comments for timestamps to find where they discuss this specific flavor.

Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  49. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Rhianne likes this.
  50. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Thank you!! I was at Liquid Barn for nic, and they have a few of his one shots. I put his King’s Custard in the cart, but haven’t checked out yet. LB has a Belgian Waffle that I was going to try. I’m fairly broke so I figured I’d pick out a couple flavors and one or two 120ml of their nic base, possibly salts. Plus 3mg unflavored.
    One positive thing out of this ban thing is it’s pushing me to mix my own!! I’d prolly have kept pushing it off, but now I’ve got to. I’m not going back to smoking.