“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, all......I’m working on another custard. Surprise! I’m super happy with it right now. Might just tweak it a bit more before release. It’s more like a custard pie. But it’s pretty damn good. And no super weird ingredients! Lol!

I’m also working on a green tea/coconut milk latte....which is a little harder than I want it to be.:(

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
HEY........HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
e514d15c5d10bf43c80aae7ae9cef7e8.jpg

sorry wrong Howard..
da other howard...
howard_hughes_580x.jpg
Ya you...

did the carmel green apple side by side experiment..
and YOUR...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/caramel-green-apple.274709/
I quote you...
Here is my Caramel (green) Apple recipe I've been messing with for a few months.
Finally got it to where I feel it's good enough to post up.

4% CAP Green Apple
1.25% TFA Caramel Candy
1% TFA Brown Sugar
2% FW Butterscotch
3% TFA Bavarian Cream
1.25% CAP Caramel
1% TFA Smooth

hh-cag-png.94908

is REALLY good... maybe let it even seep longer then 2 weeks
just to take the last of da harsh off.. or maybe more smooth???? idono
soooooooooo close to prefection
yet
dang thats a GREAT Caramel (green) Apple .
thanks for directing me to your recipe.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, all......I’m working on another custard. Surprise! I’m super happy with it right now. Might just tweak it a bit more before release. It’s more like a custard pie. But it’s pretty damn good. And no super weird ingredients! Lol!

I’m also working on a green tea/coconut milk latte....which is a little harder than I want it to be.:(
Yay! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Looking forward to them! Yum, yum!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Discounted peak enabling! Woot!
I hope to see some decent sales. I'm looking at hardware and mostly disappointed so far. Looking for cheap mods to stash for the vape apocalypse.

I still have unopened flavors from a few orders ago. I just can't find the time right now. However, a good sale is always a good thing. I have to remember it will be a few more months until the Black Friday sales. :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did anyone try MB Butter My Biscuit yet? Good? Yay or Nay? :D

Not sure how helpful this will be, but I used it in a Strawberry Cheesecake recipe at 1.5%. Buttery, biscuity...just like the name. I used other flavors containing AP (fw Graham Cracker 1%; Cap NYC 1%; LB Strawberry Cheesecake 4%) and the AP note is too intense for me after steeping a week. If/when I mix it again, I will definitely cut the graham down or leave it out altogether. LB Strawberry Cheesecake--also a new flavor for me--has more of a graham note than expected/detected based on bottle aroma.

Just by the by, I've found adding lemon or lemonade flavors to a mix like this can cut that weird AP intensity. It's only a fix, and better probably just to use less AP-laden ingredients, but it does help.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have thoughts on FW Dark Chocolate? It was recommended to me a about 3 years back as the best dark chocolate. My experience with chocolates is very limited- FA Cocoa, FA Chocolate, tfa double chocolate, tfa chocolate clear.

I prefer the fa flavors--they don't have that tootsie roll feeling. Any experience with fw dark choc would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also looking at Hangsen Australian Chocolate and vt chocolate mousse. I've tried without success to make a palatable dark chocolate with bright strawberry. I think I have the right strawberry flavors for this, but the chocolate eludes me. I'm only moderately worried about coils. If I can get the flavor right, I'll suck up the coil gore, if necessary!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone have thoughts on FW Dark Chocolate? It was recommended to me a about 3 years back as the best dark chocolate. My experience with chocolates is very limited- FA Cocoa, FA Chocolate, tfa double chocolate, tfa chocolate clear.

I prefer the fa flavors--they don't have that tootsie roll feeling. Any experience with fw dark choc would be greatly appreciated!
Are you looking to do chocolates? There are muuuuuch better ones out there.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you looking to do chocolates? There are muuuuuch better ones out there.
Hoping to recreate something like a strawberry chocolate juice I vaped in '14, when I was just months off cigarettes. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was made by Nicquid--a brand that may not even exist anymore.

Anyway, it was a very dark chocolate flavor with a bright strawberry cutting right through it. Yes, it damaged my poor little protank coils like crazy, but it was so good, I'm willing to pay the price.

I'm listening for your dark chocolate recommendations. As I mentioned, above, I've heard good things about VT Choc Mousse, Hangsen Australian Chocolate. Maybe someone has tried VT Clear Chocolate Base? I've been watching Concrete River's Vape Train reviews and am a little confused, to be honest. Don't get me wrong--his feedback is so valuable, so great--but the way he describes their "base" flavors makes it seem like they will always need a little extra fiddling with to make a full-on version of whatever flavor it is.

From what I've heard, MB Glamour Chocolate is very good, but I get the sense that it is more a milk chocolate than a dark chocolate.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to rush the thread, but has anyone tried VT Creaming Soda? It's been described as a raspberry soda (I've been looking for a good grape soda) but I'm so into sweet/tart fruits lately I think this one might hit my tongue right.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hoping to recreate something like a strawberry chocolate juice I vaped in '14, when I was just months off cigarettes. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was made by Nicquid--a brand that may not even exist anymore.

Anyway, it was a very dark chocolate flavor with a bright strawberry cutting right through it. Yes, it damaged my poor little protank coils like crazy, but it was so good, I'm willing to pay the price.

I'm listening for your dark chocolate recommendations. As I mentioned, above, I've heard good things about VT Choc Mousse, Hangsen Australian Chocolate. Maybe someone has tried VT Clear Chocolate Base? I've been watching Concrete River's Vape Train reviews and am a little confused, to be honest. Don't get me wrong--his feedback is so valuable, so great--but the way he describes their "base" flavors makes it seem like they will always need a little extra fiddling with to make a full-on version of whatever flavor it is.

From what I've heard, MB Glamour Chocolate is very good, but I get the sense that it is more a milk chocolate than a dark chocolate.
VT Dark Chocolate is my favorite. Actually, all of the VT Chocolates are winners. HS Australian is def very good....probably the best of the lot. Glamour is good, but I haven’t used it all that much. The only other one that’s more dark than milk is FLV Chocolate Deutsch, but it has a coconut note(which helps with the richness, but if you’re a coconut hater, avoid this one).

The one thing you wanna do with chocolates is use sweetener. It definitely helps. Go check out Folkarts Mayan Milk on ATF. He’s come so close to doing chocolate without that tootsie roll thing.

And, no matter what, there will be layering and fiddling.....Chocolate is a tough one.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to rush the thread, but has anyone tried VT Creaming Soda? It's been described as a raspberry soda (I've been looking for a good grape soda) but I'm so into sweet/tart fruits lately I think this one might hit my tongue right.
It’s a fruity cream soda. Not super in your face fruit, but it’s there and can be coaxed out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Oh....and being a commercial liquid, they were probably using Caps, TFA or FW.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VT Dark Chocolate is my favorite. Actually, all of the VT Chocolates are winners. HS Australian is def very good....probably the best of the lot. Glamour is good, but I haven’t used it all that much. The only other one that’s more dark than milk is FLV Chocolate Deutsch, but it has a coconut note(which helps with the richness, but if you’re a coconut hater, avoid this one).

The one thing you wanna do with chocolates is use sweetener. It definitely helps. Go check out Folkarts Mayan Milk on ATF. He’s come so close to doing chocolate without that tootsie roll thing.
And, no matter what, there will be layering and fiddling.....Chocolate is a tough one.

Thanks for this, WG! I have looked at Mayan Milk and actually emailed FArt about this recipe, and although I haven't tried it yet (lacking the flavors), I felt from the description and reviews that it was more of milky chocolate than I wanted. Many seem to love MM, so I should probably give it a try in any case.

Thanks so much for the info re VT Dark Chocolate. I will put that on my list. The coconut you mention in flv choc deutsch--though I'm not a coconut hater--does disqualify it for my particular intention (that strawb-dark choc idea mentioned above) it is very good to know about a true dark chocolate flavor

You mention using sweetener with chocolates, which has worked well in my experience, too. But it's been a while. Thanks for the reminder!

I remember using AP in amounts below 0.5% to bring something fuller to chocolate mixes, but I my memory is dim on the topic. Any advice on using AP with chocolate?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember hearing someone on here recently say they were grateful for having started DIY in the "Golden Age" of flavors. After taking my break from vaping (smoking :\) My mind is boggled by the assortment available at this time!

There are so many new flavors, so many compound flavors. All my original flavors are/were like fa single fruits, plain creams (albeit of different tones), and the standard Cap flavors of a few years back.

When i read a new recipe, say, from @nadalama, I'm a bit lost, since despite having a large collection of flavors, I will have only, say two or three, in N's recipe!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for this, WG! I have looked at Mayan Milk and actually emailed FArt about this recipe, and although I haven't tried it yet (lacking the flavors), I felt from the description and reviews that it was more of milky chocolate than I wanted. Many seem to love MM, so I should probably give it a try in any case.

Thanks so much for the info re VT Dark Chocolate. I will put that on my list. The coconut you mention in flv choc deutsch--though I'm not a coconut hater--does disqualify it for my particular intention (that strawb-dark choc idea mentioned above) it is very good to know about a true dark chocolate flavor

You mention using sweetener with chocolates, which has worked well in my experience, too. But it's been a while. Thanks for the reminder!

I remember using AP in amounts below 0.5% to bring something fuller to chocolate mixes, but I my memory is dim on the topic. Any advice on using AP with chocolate?
I copied this from the Mayan Milk recipe:

“For this recipe, I settled on CAP Double Chocolate V2. This is a highly under-rated flavoring in my opinion being that I don't see it much in other's recipes. It's a thick, deep chocolate, almost a dark chocolate, that only needs that sweet and fatty infusion to make it into a nice chocolate.”

Maybe?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember hearing someone on here recently say they were grateful for having started DIY in the "Golden Age" of flavors. After taking my break from vaping (smoking :\) My mind is boggled by the assortment available at this time!

There are so many new flavors, so many compound flavors. All my original flavors are/were like fa single fruits, plain creams (albeit of different tones), and the standard Cap flavors of a few years back.

When i read a new recipe, say, from @nadalama, I'm a bit lost, since despite having a large collection of flavors, I will have only, say two or three, in N's recipe!
So true the influx of new companies certainly makes it hard to keep up.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I’ve never heard that one! Makes sense, though. Nutty things enhance chocolate. Brings richness.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I copied this from the Mayan Milk recipe:

“For this recipe, I settled on CAP Double Chocolate V2. This is a highly under-rated flavoring in my opinion being that I don't see it much in other's recipes. It's a thick, deep chocolate, almost a dark chocolate, that only needs that sweet and fatty infusion to make it into a nice chocolate.”

Maybe?
This sounds perfect. I always forget about this one. So it needs sweetener and some fatty(FLV or FA Coconut really low or maybe Avocado?) stuff. Or a touch of White Chocolate?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone care to comment on the difference between Hangsen's Italian Cream and LA Cream Cheese Frosting and which might be better for what application? Hard to believe, but I've tried neither. Have read a fair amount of notes on both, but am hoping for some VU input.
Eh.....just get them all. Hahaha!

Oh, man, i'm afraid I'm going to break the bank. I wish I had a free-for-all spirit like you!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone care to comment on the difference between Hangsen's Italian Cream and LA Cream Cheese Frosting and which might be better for what application? Hard to believe, but I've tried neither. Have read a fair amount of notes on both, but am hoping for some VU input.

Oh, man, i'm afraid I'm going to break the bank. I wish I had a free-for-all spirit like you!
@Letitia9 reeeeeeally likes Italian Cream. I think? LA Cream Cheese Icing, after a proper 2+week steep, is what it says it is. Italian Cream is more like Marscapone, but creamier. Less sweet than LA.

I’m gonna put a new possibility. OoO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake. It is a very good cream cheese icing, surprisingly. With a lot less steep. I love it.:banana:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you think the coconut in flv chocolate deutsch is too much for this application?
It’s there. Not super in your face, but it’s there. It could possibly be hidden, but I’ve never tried. There’s one recipe that uses it that DOES manage to hide it. Shyndo’s Mint Chip Cookies and Cream....which is fabulous! It’s on ATF....check it out, especially if you like mint.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wildgypsy70 you’re like the encyclopedia of flavorings :inlove: you are da girl lol!
Lol....I try. Between all the single flavor testing I do and all the shows I watch? It’s surprising I get anything else done!

But I am so glad to help anyone!:hug:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot about Hangsen's Chocolate Cream, dang it! Now I'm going to get nervous about ordering. Why don't flavor retailers give us more time to prepare for a sale? I'm sure it's some obvious reason I'm overlooking and yet... I'm overlooking it.

PS: Not like I don't have a list ready--its just my list is way more than I can afford and haven't narrowed it down :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot about Hangsen's Chocolate Cream, dang it! Now I'm going to get nervous about ordering. Why don't flavor retailers give us more time to prepare for a sale? I'm sure it's some obvious reason I'm overlooking and yet... I'm overlooking it.

PS: Not like I don't have a list ready--its just my list is way more than I can afford and haven't narrowed it down :)
Hearts said it wasn’t at BCF....wait, the 10ml. Maybe the 30 is still there?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hearts said it wasn’t at BCF....wait, the 10ml. Maybe the 30 is still there?
Thanks WG! 30 ml is there. $6.75,though and I have so many chocolates in cart...
This could be a tough two days of indecision and hair-pulling. (I'm just like that :) )

re Mayan Milk, FolkArt says:

"The secret weapon here to make this [Mayan Milk] into a chocolate milk that would stand out among the others is HS Chocolate Cream. I absolutely love this flavoring. It gives the mix a certain "sourness"...like a yogurt with more emphasis on the creaminess. It really makes the mix stand out."

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone experimented with making DIY stevia sweetener? Or have opinions on how it compares to other sweeteners? I have tons of sucralose and em but have never tried stevia. From what I've heard/read, Flavorah's Sweetness is entirely stevia.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Has anyone experimented with making DIY stevia sweetener? Or have opinions on how it compares to other sweeteners? I have tons of sucralose and em but have never tried stevia. From what I've heard/read, Flavorah's Sweetness is entirely stevia.
Well, Stevia is dextrose (sugar), cellulose (wood or plant fiber or pulp), and reb A (Stevia plant extract). Other than that, I haven't enough information to offer educated advice. However, I personally don't want to inhale wood or plant fiber or pulp...just my preferences.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk -The Wire Spider-

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you think the coconut in flv chocolate deutsch is too much for this application?

EDIT: By "this application" I mean for use in a dark choc/bright strawb mix.

"flv chocolate deutsch " is a chocolate cake flavor.

IMO The best Dark Chocolate flavor is sold by MF. (Medicine Flower)

A touch of vanilla flavor helps Chocolate flavors "pop"

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"flv chocolate deutsch " is a chocolate cake flavor.

IMO The best Dark Chocolate flavor is sold by MF. (Medicine Flower)

A touch of vanilla flavor helps Chocolate flavors "pop"

Thanks. I have heard this, too, about MF Dark Chocolate. I'm just at BCF for the moment (the sale) but it's on my eventually list! Nice to know about the vanilla. I've mixed my share of dirty, muddled chocolate + flavors.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the temperatures soon to fall around here;

wllmc's ECF Refugee
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ecf-refugee.305996/

is at the top of my mixing schedule. Very enjoyable chocolate sensations....:season:

Wow, I actually have all these. Oh wait no - no Caps Hot Cocoa. But it's already in my cart and I was wondering what I was going to do with it. Now I have what looks like a foolproof way to test it out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

VU Sponsors