The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Sometime today, hopefully this morning, I'm going to do a first mix of Banana Split Bubble Gum.

I am lovin me some bubble gum vapes! :D

2. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Apple is always good with caramel and nutty flavors which fits a RY4 profile.

3. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have some MB american Bubble Gum and I really like the flavor, I just haven't created anything with it. I was thinking about a grape bubble gum, but I don't know. I need 1 other juice besides the RazMelon which I've since renamed (Wet Sweet American Summer) to take on vacation with me. A bubble gum sounds like it might be refreshing in the heat. I want something fruity, sweet, and juicy. Maybe a strawberry gum? Hmmmm.

4. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I know that @MrMeowgi has mixed some Grape Bubblegum that he really likes. I imagine he uses a bubblegum flavor as a base for it, so maybe he can comment. If grape works with a regular bubblegum base, I don't know why basically any other sweet fruit you want to use wouldn't work. Dragonfruit sounds good to me in combination with grape. Those two flavors are great together, imo, but not necessarily light and summery.

I make my gums with HIC's pink bubblegum as a base, so I can back off the orange a little when I add other fruits. I've bumped percentages way up, though, from his original recipe, and subbed some flavors. In other words his recipe as I use it is very heavily modified.

5. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use grape juice for the grape flavor. And then caps bubble gum
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    That TFA Grape Juice is a very good grape flavor. That's what I really like with Dragonfruit.

Here's Banana Split Bubble Gum:

Banana Split (Cap) 3%
    Cinnamon Red Hot (TFA) 1.5%
    Ethyl Vanillin (TFA) 4.25%
    Marshmallow (FA) 2.25%
    Orange Mandarin (TFA) 2.5%
    Peach (FW) 1%
    Ripe Banana (TFA) 0.5%
    Wintergreen (TFA) 6%

Total 21%

I mixed this up and it's fantastic. Didn't have the Peach in it at first, but it needed "something," and that lilttle bit of Peach is exactly right.

7. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Damn. I would have to sub a lot, surprisingly! But it looks fabulous!!!

8. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Well that's a first! I can't even fathom the thought that I'd have flavors you don't have. The world has gone flop-bot!

debinnv, misswish, Letitia9 and 3 others like this.
  9. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yup. Actually....about half the recipe! I’m slacking........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debinnv, Letitia9 and Heartsdelight like this.
  10. VAPEROXX

VAPEROXX Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Been on a recipe creative streak lately. Today is the all new; Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Pie! 6mg DIY
    It's a Banana Cream Pudding Pie in a flaky fresh crust, drizzled with fresh Butterscotch and just a whisper of Scotch Whiskey to give it some pop! Quite tasty! If anyone would like the recipe, I'm more than happy to share!

The Wire Spider

11. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Lol! Share, please!

12. VAPEROXX

Blog Posts:
    Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Pie:

Banana Cream TFA 8%
    Natural Butterscotch FW 6%
    Vanilla Pudding FLV 6%
    Pie Crust FW 5%
    Scotch Whiskey VT .5% (Yes, that's point five percent)
    Sugar Daddy 6%

So good!

The Wire Spider

debinnv, misswish, Letitia9 and 3 others like this.
  13. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, sir!

VAPEROXX and Heartsdelight like this.
  14. VAPEROXX

Blog Posts:
    You're quite welcome!

The Wire Spider

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  15. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    What ya using for the "boozy" part. I do Brandy myself. Awesome stuff SHIT, nvm I just saw you posted the recipe LOL I need more coffee

16. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Brandy -n- Bananas
    FE Banana 2%
    Cap Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1.5%
    Signature Maple Syrup 1%
    FW Brandy 1 %
    TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
    FA Prem Custard ( inw would probably be fine ) .5%
    FE Coconut .5%

muth, Heartsdelight, misswish and 3 others like this.
  17. lirruping

lirruping Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm behind on this thread so someone may have responded already re FA Condensed Milk, but my experience is using it above 0.125% is a yucky mistake. It has a strong butyric acid (aka vomit) note and can easily ruin anything I add it to if not extremely careful. At 0.125, though, it brings a surprising amount of creaminess and the puke element is gone. Dulce de Leche is a slightly caramelized condensed milk, so it makes sense that it would work in some places condensed would. If you don't want that caramel/cocoa thing from DDL, though--and if yer brave!--you can experiment w/ small amounts of FA CM.

18. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Oooof! You are brave! I’ve avoided FA Condensed Milk. I’ve heard all the horror stories. I went with Purilum instead. I definitely like it and it’s not quite as restrictive, percentage wise.

Heartsdelight, Letitia9 and lirruping like this.
  19. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    I recently tried MB American Bubblegum and I like it but my thoughts on it are limited due to limited testing. So far, I think, as w/ other BG flavors I've tried, adding it to fruits ends up in kind of a muddle--a gumball fruit muddle, but a fruit muddle nonetheless. If you enjoy that generic kind of fruity gum flavor, it's fine. I do enjoy it. it's just not "grape bubblegum" or "watermelon bubblegum" as I would've expected.

I think using (basically) the HIC combo of wintergreen, fa orange, vanilla and a touch of non-bakery cinnamon with "fruit of choice" added is a better way to get what you expect from a flavored bubblegum than adding fruits to bubblegum concentrate.

20. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I don't have a lot of experience with condensed milk, Nicotine River's is the only one I have, but I like it quite a lot. I get none of that disgusting flavor at all, only depth and richness.

21. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I completely agree. I found it a little odd, but even other flavors of bubblegum do still need a little orange, imo. I have not attempted grape yet, though.

22. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, going to some FA alternate seems to be the right choice given feedback I've seen here as well as in talking to other people. The only reason I haven't tbh is I don't like condensed milk that much. The fa one is kind of incredibly creamy, though, considering how little is used. If I were more serious about it I'd make a dilution. But! I'm not ;)

23. VAPEROXX

Blog Posts:
    Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Cream Pie 6mg DIY, day 2:

The banana and Butterscotch have really found their place in the creamy pudding. Though the Scotch lost most of that burn/bite inherent to Scotch, the pleasant flavor and the alcohol tones are still amazing, perfectly balancing the banana and Butterscotch out. The crust lost that signature twang present in most pastries right out of the bottle, leaving behind just the flaky goodness! I'm very satisfied with this one. It has earned a place in my ADV rotation!

The Wire Spider

24. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Mixed this last night. Tastes like vanilla poop. Maybe I'll try again with out the ice cream. [​IMG]

25. VAPEROXX

Blog Posts:
    I'll be honest with ya; I've tried a shitload of different ice cream flavorings. So far, most of them taste more like freezer burn than ice cream to me...

The Wire Spider

26. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Hangsen French Vanilla?

27. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    HS Italian cream is good with berries and has a lovely texture. I don't care for many ice creams either, too custardy for me. VT toffee ic and Purilum butter pecan & praline ic are both good.

28. VAPEROXX

Blog Posts:
    Yes. Everything from Hangsen tastes like dirty feet to me...

The Wire Spider

29. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    That's me with cap sweet cream but do like hs cream. Pairing fa fresh and vienna does well for me, also enjoy wf tvc. It's just most of the ice creams I don't get on with.

30. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    This looks great! Again, I’m missing half the flavors(wtf!?), but I think I can remix this with what I have. Can you tell me about FE Banana and Coconut?

Heartsdelight and nadalama like this.
  31. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    The VT Milkshake base is a touch malty, too. (IMO). Do you have Vanilla Swirl? That might just work to give you an ice cream note without the actual ice cream.

32. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    That’s sad.:( I love HS FVIC and Cream. Super steepers, though.

33. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  34. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I had to make a few subs, but I'm going to mix that Flapperbee! Sounds wonderful, and I have Croissant and Flapper Pie that I haven't used yet!

ETA: Wouldn't mind trying the VTA Orange Marmalade as a standalone. Sounds good.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  35. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    That Flapperbee looks amazing! Gotta get that one going!

Got a few Molinberry one shots today....WW Waffle, Galaxy Cheesecake and C’mon Cinnabon......WW Waffle specifically for a recipe from TamVapes. I can’t remember the name of it right now.

Heartsdelight likes this.
  36. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Thats wonderful! Let us know how it turns out :)

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  37. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Can’t wait to mix up Flapperbee.

I have the WW Waffle but haven’t done anything with it yet. If you remember can you post a link to the recipe? Thanks!

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  38. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    This is it! It sounds yummy.....mixed and steeping. Did you see Pippa posted a new one? PB banana.....yum! 19EA9326-B631-4E66-A175-C142311165B7.png

Letitia9 and Heartsdelight like this.
  39. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! I saw the post on the PB Banana but didn’t have time at the moment to look at the recipe.

40. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I’m missing the 1st 3 flavors, :facepalm: :D

Letitia9 likes this.
  41. muth

muth Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to just bust in here but I thought this was worth mentioning because I've never had such a positive experience with a vendor. I wasn't sure where else to mention it.

The subject is Essential Depot PG. I always buy my pg/vg from them. Recently I received an order of pg that tasted off. Not the usual slight sweetness. This was bitter and yucky. Buying through Amazon I easily got a refund but the 2nd bottle was the same! After speaking with Essential Depot reps and several messages about MSDS, etc., one of their reps said she would 2-day air ship me two bottles direct from them. I just got them today, free of charge.

Extreme heat exposure may have been the culprit when pallets get left outside by the carrier, waiting to ship. Can't be certain but Essential Depot really stepped it up a notch to retain a loyal customer. I was impressed:)

42. jr779

jr779 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Flavorah Honeydew - one of the vendors I use (in Canada) just have me a free 30 mls of this flavour and I can’t seem to find any recipes anywhere. Flavour reviews are quite good. I was thinking I could use an ice cream or cream base and add this. Any ideas?

43. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    The trash is the best place for any honeydew flavor. Lol. Just kidding but really. Bleh

wllmc likes this.
  44. jr779

jr779 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lol - definitely not for everyone. I’ve had a melon juice that had a mix of melons that was okay

Heartsdelight and MrMeowgi like this.
  45. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Mixed up a 120 ML bottle of a Tobacco blend with no recipe just did a little of this and some of that. Smelled Good so I will wait and see. Sort of a Cream Sweet Pipe Tobacco blend.

46. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    Hiya Muth! I too have had good experiences with ED customer service. They kind of amazed me by replacing my leaked two gallon shipment to PR in its entirety with no charge. But not everyone has had such good service. When I heard about a bad experience one user had, I hoped it was just a transient employee. Now I have more reason to think this is the case, which is heartening, because I am really satisfied with them on every level and was dreading finding a new supplier!

muth and Heartsdelight like this.
  47. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Hey @muth fancy seeing you here~! Stop by the porch some time~! :vino:

48. lirruping

Blog Posts:
    I finally tried out Molinberry's Legendary Custard and FA Premium Custard. I used both in the same recipe where in past I've always used either Cap VCV1 OR VCV2. I've made it many times, so it's not single flavor testing, but it's the kind of situation where I really notice the difference in the custard.T
    Thanks so much to @wildgypsy70 for sending them to me and helping me get back on the mixing trail~!

Flow State Peach Mango Cream

4% juicy peach
    2% white peach, scant
    5% Molinberry Legendary Custard [instead of 3% Caps V.C.1 or V2] [Also tried with 2% FA Custard Premium]
    1% inw Mango
    1% fa Vienna Cream
    1% EM

MB Legendary Custard is good here, has a subtler everything--subtler egginess, subtler, less in-your-face pudding-ish vanilla (than Cap), but steeps out more quickly and is very smooth, with a really thick mouthfeel at 5%. I think it could work as a heavy cream in some recipes. I'd heard it tastes like British tinned custard, and it does smell like that, and to a lesser degree, taste like Byrd's brand custard from a packet. But I actually think the FA Premium Custard has more of that "packet" or "tinned" flavor than the Molinberry legendary.

This was my first try with fa custard premium. It smelled so good out of the gate. Similar to Cap VC. I can't find anything to dislike about it, but I'm not sure it beats Cap vc. Maybe it's not winning any custard contests, IMO, but It's very tasty, and just what you expect in a vanilla custard with diketones.

49. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    So I couldn't wait and even though I did give it a Hot Water bath to speed infusion it needs time. But I must say this little Tobacco WTH Mix is like a good RY4. Maybe add some Graham Cracker? Hmmmmmm

50. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Another new mix, could not wait.

Peach Nectar Cake

Frosting (Flv) 1%
    Lemon (FE) 3%
    Marshmallow (FW) 1.5% (trying to use this up, reduce for other brands)
    Nonna's Cake (FA) 2%
    Peach (FW) 1%
    Pound Cake (Flv) 2%
    Powdered Sugar (OOO) 2.5%
    Royal Orange (FA) 1%
    Sweetener (VW) 0.75% (or Super Sweet, or FW Sweetener)

Total 14.75%

I get CAKE, fruit right now in the background, mostly I taste real pound cake, golden crust and all.

I know it takes FW Peach about 3 days to get its feet. I can taste the lemon and orange some, but it's subtle.

May have gone too high with the powdered sugar, but I am wondering if that's what's giving me the "crust" of the cake. The buttery browned cake flavor in this is fabulous.

Will be interesting to see what this is like in a few days.

Patterned this after a real-life Apricot Nectar cake that I've been making my whole adult life. Got the recipe from my high-school bff, lemon cake mix with with extra egg and butter and a pack of instant vanilla pudding, apricot nectar used in the mix instead of water, baked in a tube or bundt pan, with a powdered-sugar glaze made with the nectar. Don't have any apricot flavors so used peach instead.

8/15 Added 0.75% sweetener.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Urulu, Howard Hughes, NGAHaze and 3 others like this.