Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven’t mixed anything new up for awhile and don’t know where this idea came from, but it’s not too bad for being out of the game for awhile
7c682b7deb159acaed10e9d3ba14a2f2.jpg

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometime today, hopefully this morning, I'm going to do a first mix of Banana Split Bubble Gum.

I am lovin me some bubble gum vapes! :D
I have some MB american Bubble Gum and I really like the flavor, I just haven't created anything with it. I was thinking about a grape bubble gum, but I don't know. I need 1 other juice besides the RazMelon which I've since renamed (Wet Sweet American Summer) to take on vacation with me. A bubble gum sounds like it might be refreshing in the heat. I want something fruity, sweet, and juicy. Maybe a strawberry gum? Hmmmm.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have some MB american Bubble Gum and I really like the flavor, I just haven't created anything with it. I was thinking about a grape bubble gum, but I don't know. I need 1 other juice besides the RazMelon which I've since renamed (Wet Sweet American Summer) to take on vacation with me. A bubble gum sounds like it might be refreshing in the heat. I want something fruity, sweet, and juicy. Maybe a strawberry gum? Hmmmm.

I know that @MrMeowgi has mixed some Grape Bubblegum that he really likes. I imagine he uses a bubblegum flavor as a base for it, so maybe he can comment. If grape works with a regular bubblegum base, I don't know why basically any other sweet fruit you want to use wouldn't work. Dragonfruit sounds good to me in combination with grape. Those two flavors are great together, imo, but not necessarily light and summery.

I make my gums with HIC's pink bubblegum as a base, so I can back off the orange a little when I add other fruits. I've bumped percentages way up, though, from his original recipe, and subbed some flavors. In other words his recipe as I use it is very heavily modified.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that @MrMeowgi has mixed some Grape Bubblegum that he really likes. I imagine he uses a bubblegum flavor as a base for it, so maybe he can comment. If grape works with a regular bubblegum base, I don't know why basically any other sweet fruit you want to use wouldn't work. Dragonfruit sounds good to me in combination with grape. Those two flavors are great together, imo, but not necessarily light and summery.

I make my gums with HIC's pink bubblegum as a base, so I can back off the orange a little when I add other fruits. I've bumped percentages way up, though, from his original recipe, and subbed some flavors. In other words his recipe as I use it is very heavily modified.
I use grape juice for the grape flavor. And then caps bubble gum
74b159277f472789b5baf91c9ec0c8f9.jpg
00185705740e8f23e6a749beab42d0b8.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use grape juice for the grape flavor. And then caps bubble gum
74b159277f472789b5baf91c9ec0c8f9.jpg
00185705740e8f23e6a749beab42d0b8.jpg

That TFA Grape Juice is a very good grape flavor. That's what I really like with Dragonfruit.

Here's Banana Split Bubble Gum:

Banana Split (Cap) 3%
Cinnamon Red Hot (TFA) 1.5%
Ethyl Vanillin (TFA) 4.25%
Marshmallow (FA) 2.25%
Orange Mandarin (TFA) 2.5%
Peach (FW) 1%
Ripe Banana (TFA) 0.5%
Wintergreen (TFA) 6%

Total 21%

I mixed this up and it's fantastic. Didn't have the Peach in it at first, but it needed "something," and that lilttle bit of Peach is exactly right.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That TFA Grape Juice is a very good grape flavor. That's what I really like with Dragonfruit.

Here's Banana Split Bubble Gum:

Banana Split (Cap) 3%
Cinnamon Red Hot (TFA) 1.5%
Ethyl Vanillin (TFA) 4.25%
Marshmallow (FA) 2.25%
Orange Mandarin (TFA) 2.5%
Peach (FW) 1%
Ripe Banana (TFA) 0.5%
Wintergreen (TFA) 6%

Total 21%

I mixed this up and it's fantastic. Didn't have the Peach in it at first, but it needed "something," and that lilttle bit of Peach is exactly right.
Damn. I would have to sub a lot, surprisingly! But it looks fabulous!!!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been on a recipe creative streak lately. Today is the all new; Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Pie! 6mg DIY
It's a Banana Cream Pudding Pie in a flaky fresh crust, drizzled with fresh Butterscotch and just a whisper of Scotch Whiskey to give it some pop! Quite tasty! If anyone would like the recipe, I'm more than happy to share!

The Wire Spider

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been on a recipe creative streak lately. Today is the all new; Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Pie! 6mg DIY
It's a Banana Cream Pudding Pie in a flaky fresh crust, drizzled with fresh Butterscotch and just a whisper of Scotch Whiskey to give it some pop! Quite tasty! If anyone would like the recipe, I'm more than happy to share!

The Wire Spider
Lol! Share, please!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Pie:

Banana Cream TFA 8%
Natural Butterscotch FW 6%
Vanilla Pudding FLV 6%
Pie Crust FW 5%
Scotch Whiskey VT .5% (Yes, that's point five percent)
Sugar Daddy 6%

So good!

The Wire Spider
Thank you, sir!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

The Wire Spider
What ya using for the "boozy" part. I do Brandy myself. Awesome stuff SHIT, nvm I just saw you posted the recipe LOL I need more coffee

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Brandy -n- Bananas
FE Banana 2%
Cap Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1.5%
Signature Maple Syrup 1%
FW Brandy 1 %
TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
FA Prem Custard ( inw would probably be fine ) .5%
FE Coconut .5%

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My TFA bottle just says Dulce de Leche. This flavor plays nicely with every mix I've used it in from coffee to fruits. It's also what I use to sub for condensed milk. For some reason condensed milk doesn’t work for me in a vape which surprised me since in rl I use in quite often in place of cream.

I'm behind on this thread so someone may have responded already re FA Condensed Milk, but my experience is using it above 0.125% is a yucky mistake. It has a strong butyric acid (aka vomit) note and can easily ruin anything I add it to if not extremely careful. At 0.125, though, it brings a surprising amount of creaminess and the puke element is gone. Dulce de Leche is a slightly caramelized condensed milk, so it makes sense that it would work in some places condensed would. If you don't want that caramel/cocoa thing from DDL, though--and if yer brave!--you can experiment w/ small amounts of FA CM.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm behind on this thread so someone may have responded already re FA Condensed Milk, but my experience is using it above 0.125% is a yucky mistake. It has a strong butyric acid (aka vomit) note and can easily ruin anything I add it to if not extremely careful. At 0.125, though, it brings a surprising amount of creaminess and the puke element is gone. Dulce de Leche is a slightly caramelized condensed milk, so it makes sense that it would work in some places condensed would. If you don't want that caramel/cocoa thing from DDL, though--and if yer brave!--you can experiment w/ small amounts of FA CM.
Oooof! You are brave! I’ve avoided FA Condensed Milk. I’ve heard all the horror stories. I went with Purilum instead. I definitely like it and it’s not quite as restrictive, percentage wise.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I recently tried MB American Bubblegum and I like it but my thoughts on it are limited due to limited testing. So far, I think, as w/ other BG flavors I've tried, adding it to fruits ends up in kind of a muddle--a gumball fruit muddle, but a fruit muddle nonetheless. If you enjoy that generic kind of fruity gum flavor, it's fine. I do enjoy it. it's just not "grape bubblegum" or "watermelon bubblegum" as I would've expected.

I think using (basically) the HIC combo of wintergreen, fa orange, vanilla and a touch of non-bakery cinnamon with "fruit of choice" added is a better way to get what you expect from a flavored bubblegum than adding fruits to bubblegum concentrate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I don't have a lot of experience with condensed milk, Nicotine River's is the only one I have, but I like it quite a lot. I get none of that disgusting flavor at all, only depth and richness.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I recently tried MB American Bubblegum and I like it but my thoughts on it are limited due to limited testing. So far, I think, as w/ other BG flavors I've tried, adding it to fruits ends up in kind of a muddle--a gumball fruit muddle, but a fruit muddle nonetheless. If you enjoy that generic kind of fruity gum flavor, it's fine. I do enjoy it. it's just not "grape bubblegum" or "watermelon bubblegum" as I would've expected.

I think using (basically) the HIC combo of wintergreen, fa orange, vanilla and a touch of non-bakery cinnamon with "fruit of choice" added is a better way to get what you expect from a flavored bubblegum than adding fruits to bubblegum concentrate.

I completely agree. I found it a little odd, but even other flavors of bubblegum do still need a little orange, imo. I have not attempted grape yet, though.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a lot of experience with condensed milk, Nicotine River's is the only one I have, but I like it quite a lot. I get none of that disgusting flavor at all, only depth and richness.

Yeah, going to some FA alternate seems to be the right choice given feedback I've seen here as well as in talking to other people. The only reason I haven't tbh is I don't like condensed milk that much. The fa one is kind of incredibly creamy, though, considering how little is used. If I were more serious about it I'd make a dilution. But! I'm not ;)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Vaperoxx's Boozy Banana and Butterscotch Cream Pie 6mg DIY, day 2:

The banana and Butterscotch have really found their place in the creamy pudding. Though the Scotch lost most of that burn/bite inherent to Scotch, the pleasant flavor and the alcohol tones are still amazing, perfectly balancing the banana and Butterscotch out. The crust lost that signature twang present in most pastries right out of the bottle, leaving behind just the flaky goodness! I'm very satisfied with this one. It has earned a place in my ADV rotation!

The Wire Spider

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Brandy -n- Bananas
FE Banana 2%
Cap Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1.5%
Signature Maple Syrup 1%
FW Brandy 1 %
TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
FA Prem Custard ( inw would probably be fine ) .5%
FE Coconut .5%
This looks great! Again, I’m missing half the flavors(wtf!?), but I think I can remix this with what I have. Can you tell me about FE Banana and Coconut?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed this last night. Tastes like vanilla poop. Maybe I'll try again with out the ice cream.
9175357e8c70b6588be7fec56643b010.jpg
The VT Milkshake base is a touch malty, too. (IMO). Do you have Vanilla Swirl? That might just work to give you an ice cream note without the actual ice cream.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi everyone :wave: its quiet in here :D

I ordered 30ml of MB Legendary Custard from BCV so now I should have about 60ml’s total.

Also ordered the VTA Orange Marmalade that @wllmc is loving its for the Lemon Curd recipe:
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes?sort_order=new&name_like=Lemon+curd

I talked about. Hangsen Caramel Toffee for:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3194417/Flapperbee

And a few others.

I had to make a few subs, but I'm going to mix that Flapperbee! Sounds wonderful, and I have Croissant and Flapper Pie that I haven't used yet!

ETA: Wouldn't mind trying the VTA Orange Marmalade as a standalone. Sounds good.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi everyone :wave: its quiet in here :D

I ordered 30ml of MB Legendary Custard from BCV so now I should have about 60ml’s total.

Also ordered the VTA Orange Marmalade that @wllmc is loving its for the Lemon Curd recipe:
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes?sort_order=new&name_like=Lemon+curd

I talked about. Hangsen Caramel Toffee for:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3194417/Flapperbee

And a few others.
That Flapperbee looks amazing! Gotta get that one going!

Got a few Molinberry one shots today....WW Waffle, Galaxy Cheesecake and C’mon Cinnabon......WW Waffle specifically for a recipe from TamVapes. I can’t remember the name of it right now.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to make a few subs, but I'm going to mix that Flapperbee! Sounds wonderful, and I have Croissant and Flapper Pie that I haven't used yet!

ETA: Wouldn't mind trying the VTA Orange Marmalade as a standalone. Sounds good.
Thats wonderful! Let us know how it turns out :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That Flapperbee looks amazing! Gotta get that one going!

Got a few Molinberry one shots today....WW Waffle, Galaxy Cheesecake and C’mon Cinnabon......WW Waffle specifically for a recipe from TamVapes. I can’t remember the name of it right now.
Can’t wait to mix up Flapperbee.

I have the WW Waffle but haven’t done anything with it yet. If you remember can you post a link to the recipe? Thanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is it! It sounds yummy.....mixed and steeping. Did you see Pippa posted a new one? PB banana.....yum!19EA9326-B631-4E66-A175-C142311165B7.png

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't want to just bust in here but I thought this was worth mentioning because I've never had such a positive experience with a vendor. I wasn't sure where else to mention it.

The subject is Essential Depot PG. I always buy my pg/vg from them. Recently I received an order of pg that tasted off. Not the usual slight sweetness. This was bitter and yucky. Buying through Amazon I easily got a refund but the 2nd bottle was the same! After speaking with Essential Depot reps and several messages about MSDS, etc., one of their reps said she would 2-day air ship me two bottles direct from them. I just got them today, free of charge.

Extreme heat exposure may have been the culprit when pallets get left outside by the carrier, waiting to ship. Can't be certain but Essential Depot really stepped it up a notch to retain a loyal customer. I was impressed:)

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorah Honeydew - one of the vendors I use (in Canada) just have me a free 30 mls of this flavour and I can’t seem to find any recipes anywhere. Flavour reviews are quite good. I was thinking I could use an ice cream or cream base and add this. Any ideas?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorah Honeydew - one of the vendors I use (in Canada) just have me a free 30 mls of this flavour and I can’t seem to find any recipes anywhere. Flavour reviews are quite good. I was thinking I could use an ice cream or cream base and add this. Any ideas?
The trash is the best place for any honeydew flavor. Lol. Just kidding but really. Bleh

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up a 120 ML bottle of a Tobacco blend with no recipe just did a little of this and some of that. Smelled Good so I will wait and see. Sort of a Cream Sweet Pipe Tobacco blend.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't want to just bust in here but I thought this was worth mentioning because I've never had such a positive experience with a vendor. I wasn't sure where else to mention it.

The subject is Essential Depot PG. I always buy my pg/vg from them. Recently I received an order of pg that tasted off. Not the usual slight sweetness. This was bitter and yucky. Buying through Amazon I easily got a refund but the 2nd bottle was the same! After speaking with Essential Depot reps and several messages about MSDS, etc., one of their reps said she would 2-day air ship me two bottles direct from them. I just got them today, free of charge.

Extreme heat exposure may have been the culprit when pallets get left outside by the carrier, waiting to ship. Can't be certain but Essential Depot really stepped it up a notch to retain a loyal customer. I was impressed:)

Hiya Muth! I too have had good experiences with ED customer service. They kind of amazed me by replacing my leaked two gallon shipment to PR in its entirety with no charge. But not everyone has had such good service. When I heard about a bad experience one user had, I hoped it was just a transient employee. Now I have more reason to think this is the case, which is heartening, because I am really satisfied with them on every level and was dreading finding a new supplier!

VU Sponsors