Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I will be mixing a Fruit Tart V2! I had one of these in Capri, Italy and it was like the perfect mix of ripe delicious fruit, light custard, sweet glaze, and buttery crust. I got the fruit and the glaze down, but when I was thinking up the recipe I forgot about the custard being in there. Here is the v1

upload_2019-2-25_16-14-53.png

I think I will sub out the vanilla ice cream for some custard premium and bump the apple pie up to 2.5 because the crust was lacking slightly.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm making a modified version of Apple Jacks today...when I get off my arse and do it! Only making 30mL as a tester.
The original recipe was from Joshvapes on ELR However, it is a mostly VG recipe and I have to modify it for MTL.
Had to scrap the idea. I'm out of the cap silverline apple snacks. I made a version of Cap fruit circles with cinnamon sugar and cream.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today I will be mixing a Fruit Tart V2! I had one of these in Capri, Italy and it was like the perfect mix of ripe delicious fruit, light custard, sweet glaze, and buttery crust. I got the fruit and the glaze down, but when I was thinking up the recipe I forgot about the custard being in there. Here is the v1

View attachment 132529

I think I will sub out the vanilla ice cream for some custard premium and bump the apple pie up to 2.5 because the crust was lacking slightly.
This looks amazing!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wonder if we did a group buy if it would come out any cheaper..... Or more of a hassle.

On a different note I'm looking for the best honey. I don't have any and have some ideas and need a straight up honey flavor. Any ideas peep's?
@wildgypsy70 just ordered & she was kind enough to order FA Butter for me.

I don’t think a group buy would be cheaper though since USPS just increased their prices.

I have FA Honey used with a 10% dilution since it’s strong stuff.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So I am on the road today and grabbed me a bottle of my last mix up session of @VAPEROXX Cornbread Pudding on the way out the door. Oddly enough this was one I tried at 1/2 the flavorings. I cannot tell a taste difference between 50% and 100% flavorings from the recipe.

Am I crazy or has anyone else experienced the same results? This was one of the most expensive DIY recipes I make and with it tasting like it should @ 50% it is no longer expensive to make at all, Hooray!!!!. More cornbread pudding for me!!! More regularly!!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I am on the road today and grabbed me a bottle of my last mix up session of @VAPEROXX Cornbread Pudding on the way out the door. Oddly enough this was one I tried at 1/2 the flavorings. I cannot tell a taste difference between 50% and 100% flavorings from the recipe.

Am I crazy or has anyone else experienced the same results? This was one of the most expensive DIY recipes I make and with it tasting like it should @ 50% it is no longer expensive to make at all, Hooray!!!!. More cornbread pudding for me!!! More regularly!!!!
I try his recipes at full strength and half strength. I generally don’t really notice a ton of difference between the two, but for me, the flavor is more balanced at half strength.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

His Cornbread Pudding to me was spot on but way to strong.... only mixed one time but next will be at 50%;) I think it will be a hit for me at that level!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yes I’ve noticed that too! The 1st time I mixed it at 100% flavoring but since then I’ve mixed at 50% & I can’t tell the difference.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks amazing!
I need more crust. But it's getting there. The forest fruit is very forward as is the blood orange, but they are balanced quite nicely, I don't think the apple pie @ 2% is enough to stand up to them without either some added butter to boost the crust or maybe INW Shortbread to do the same. I think just a touch more crust and it will taste just like the real thing. I only just got forest fruit last week and I really have been missing out. FA does fruits right.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder if we did a group buy if it would come out any cheaper..... Or more of a hassle.

On a different note I'm looking for the best honey. I don't have any and have some ideas and need a straight up honey flavor. Any ideas peep's?
So, if you decide to order from chefs you can get the Flavor Creative Custard Premium (it's just rebottled fa) and 100ml is only 11pounds (~$14). As a matter of fact, I just ordered 100ml of custard premium and some CC Devon Cream for $20 US. That is including shipping

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, if you decide to order from chefs you can get the Flavor Creative Custard Premium (it's just rebottled fa) and 100ml is only 11pounds (~$14). As a matter of fact, I just ordered 100ml of custard premium and some CC Devon Cream for $20 US. That is including shipping
But I think for some reason Chefs doesn’t have FA Butter.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have both FA & INW Honey. They are both pretty strong, but I believe I like the FA better.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need more crust. But it's getting there. The forest fruit is very forward as is the blood orange, but they are balanced quite nicely, I don't think the apple pie @ 2% is enough to stand up to them without either some added butter to boost the crust or maybe INW Shortbread to do the same. I think just a touch more crust and it will taste just like the real thing. I only just got forest fruit last week and I really have been missing out. FA does fruits right.
Yeah....the shortbread should do the trick. Or Cookie?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@wildgypsy70 ordered it from the UK. https://nomnomz.co.uk/

BTW it’s not really called Donkey Butter. Just FA Butter :D

Was just glancing over that site and noticed this...I think it’s the first time I’ve heard of a flavoring being referred to as flammable or less flammable
71f107f71fe4ad10adbfafddac62aead.jpg
8d32690990793feb3df3e0ae20cd877e.jpg

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just glancing over that site and noticed this...I think it’s the first time I’ve heard of a flavoring being referred to as flammable or less flammable
71f107f71fe4ad10adbfafddac62aead.jpg
8d32690990793feb3df3e0ae20cd877e.jpg

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!
I never heard a flavoring being flammable either. But I know Nicotine River has restrictions on certain flavors that require UPS shipping iirc.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flapper Pie is so good !
Flapper pie is amazing. I haven't used it in anything yet, but I did some SFT and it is really really good. I'm really loving the cookies and cream by RF, I made an oreo cheesecake and damn it is so good. I wanted it nice and cheesy like cream cheesy like these oreo balls my parents make at christmas time. I need some white chocolate, I know there is a good one out there I just don't remember which.

VU Sponsors