Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perfect. You’ll be fine. I just wanna see what it does after a week or so. Don’t wanna put up a bum recipe.
As if you could!
I remember trying it last summer for the first time. It's a pretty concentrated berry medly a little different than Forrest mix or Harvest berries. I would describe it as more red than blue if that makes any sense at all lol.
I understood ya lol!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have created the kind of juice where you want to set your house ablaze just because you don’t want to risk even smelling it in your home. Picked it off of ELR and it is horrid...truly ridiculously horrid...the only thing I can even think to relate how bad this juice is, is by going back to the first Deadpool movie, but instead of his face, it’s this juice
b70d376202b34c2628c93f3908058d14.jpg

If you see this recipe or anything like it...run, screw the elderly or the kids or anything else, you just run. My room is now ruined, so, I’m just gonna have to go with Star Trek.. “Fuck it, Scottie, drop the shields and call the Klingons a bunch of p%#?ies”

Failure is a much better teacher than success

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yaaaaah. Made some time for mixing today.

View attachment 129011
Im not super optimistic about 7UP Pie. It might not be as good as I am thinking, we shall see. Mixed up a big batch of GOC, some Cornbread Pudding (1/2 flavors) and a few others that are just simply not safe for polite company (all single flavor anyways).

I saw either an atty or mod with this name and font. Are you one and the same, by chance?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis did you try your Lemon Cheesecake Torte yet?
Yes, I have. So far its rich, creamy, and a nice blend of lemon. However, the shortbread hasn't came out yet. It's only been a day so I'm happy so far. I have vaped about 4 tanks so far. I'm going to put it away and try the mix next week. One thing I notice is no off flavor yet. I'm hoping for the shortbread to show itself. :) Next sample is the pumpkin pie. I made these two recipes 50/50 and yes, I am a MTL vapor-er. 0.7ohms and between 20-22 watts.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just mixed this and couldn't find flv vanilla pudding so I subbed Flv Custard. I can't believe I can't find the flv pudding. Right now it smells like pure alcohol and will need to vent/steep The Inawera shortbread smells really good. Perfect for a torte crust.
Just tasted this mix. The alcohol smell has died down. Its very creamy and thick tasting right now. I really think another week of melding is required. The pumpkin and spice hasn't came out yet. I'm sure it will. I'm liking it because it is moist and not dry like some flavorings can be. Has plenty of sweetness to me. The crust is slightly there. This one might need a slight boost in the capella pumpkin spice. I'll revisit it a week if anyone wants to know. I just thought I would share my notes. I have a tendency to forget shit sometimes.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I have created the kind of juice where you want to set your house ablaze just because you don’t want to risk even smelling it in your home. Picked it off of ELR and it is horrid...truly ridiculously horrid...the only thing I can even think to relate how bad this juice is, is by going back to the first Deadpool movie, but instead of his face, it’s this juice

If you see this recipe or anything like it...run, screw the elderly or the kids or anything else, you just run. My room is now ruined, so, I’m just gonna have to go with Star Trek.. “Fuck it, Scottie, drop the shields and call the Klingons a bunch of p%#?ies”

TFA blue raspberry, well there's your problem, it ruins any chance of a good recipe imo.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA blue raspberry, well there's your problem, it ruins any chance of a good recipe imo.

I don’t know, maybe so, I came damn close to lighting up a cig after this debacle, but luckily I had some mods ready to vape on...took it awhile, but GOC in my Drop Dead atty on my Suicide Queen Purge Mod and my own version of Sour Gummy Worms in a Drop RDA on the Desire Cut Squonker was able to coax me down from the ledge.
I took that juice (bottle and all) wrapped it in a Walmart bag and then sticking that in another Walmart bag and took it to the outside dumpster where it can’t hurt anyone else...now the healing can begin.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don’t know, maybe so, I came damn close to lighting up a cig after this debacle, but luckily I had some mods ready to vape on...took it awhile, but GOC in my Drop Dead atty on my Suicide Queen Purge Mod and my own version of Sour Gummy Worms in a Drop RDA on the Desire Cut Squonker was able to coax me down from the ledge.
I took that juice (bottle and all) wrapped it in a Walmart bag and then sticking that in another Walmart bag and took it to the outside dumpster where it can’t hurt anyone else...now the healing can begin.

:giggle:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I have. So far its rich, creamy, and a nice blend of lemon. However, the shortbread hasn't came out yet. It's only been a day so I'm happy so far. I have vaped about 4 tanks so far. I'm going to put it away and try the mix next week. One thing I notice is no off flavor yet. I'm hoping for the shortbread to show itself. :) Next sample is the pumpkin pie. I made these two recipes 50/50 and yes, I am a MTL vapor-er. 0.7ohms and between 20-22 watts.
Thanks, keep us posted. I still haven’t placed my BCF order yet just in case someone ah hem @wildgypsy70 ;) comes out with another recipe & I’ll have to place another order.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, keep us posted. I still haven’t placed my BCF order yet just in case someone ah hem @wildgypsy70 ;) comes out with another recipe & I’ll have to place another order.
:hug:Day two is promising for the Berry cake. Dinner Lady inches closer, too.......I think I gotta jack up the percentages. And get that bakery closer.....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Yup. That blue raspberry should be used as lighter fluid. LB and OSDIY and WF make much better ones. If you take it out, the recipe looks salvageable.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to vaping underground Jenn! Why don't you tell us what flavors you have, and someone might have a recipe for you.

I've been here for a few months. More on the lines of getting everything at the turn off the year. I have plenty of TFA, CAP, some FW and Flavorah. Many are custards, cakes, chocolate, a few cereals, plenty of fruits to go on. Just not finding many of my 90+ flavors to make a solid recipe. I always lack between 2 and 4 from being a good one. I have a few RF's as well.
I seriously think I need to find tune them and order a few more. Honestly ....:)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can probably use http://e-liquid-recipes.com enter your flavors into your stash and click what can I make, should give you a few that look good to you.

Haven't found hardly any 5 star recipes on mine. There's a few but not many good ones. I'm thinking I need to add to my flavors. I have 90+ right now but the better recipes seem to always call for a little more than what I have. :) I'm still learning.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't found hardly any 5 star recipes on mine. There's a few but not many good ones. I'm thinking I need to add to my flavors. I have 90+ right now but the better recipes seem to always call for a little more than what I have. :) I'm still learning.
Yeah......unfortunately that’s pretty common. It’s probably why I and others have so many flavors. Welcome to the rabbit hole......

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

A good majority of recipes on elr lack any form of rating or reviews sadly, some of my favorite recipes from people have no ratings at all. Sometimes you just gotta rely on trial and error. Can you link us to your flavor stash? Someone here might be able to theorycraft a recipe for ya.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been here for a few months. More on the lines of getting everything at the turn off the year. I have plenty of TFA, CAP, some FW and Flavorah. Many are custards, cakes, chocolate, a few cereals, plenty of fruits to go on. Just not finding many of my 90+ flavors to make a solid recipe. I always lack between 2 and 4 from being a good one. I have a few RF's as well.
I seriously think I need to find tune them and order a few more. Honestly ....:)
Hahaha you are one of us!
Never enough flavors! Try looking at real food recipes, and making your own juice based on a cake recipe. Google the preferred percentages. That can work well really.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up a 30ML of Tiramisu because of a different thread. Trying out the Jungle Flavors I had for a while and when I mixed up just a little more than half an ML boy oh boy was the aroma lovely. Hard to wait to taste but I will..............

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A good majority of recipes on elr lack any form of rating or reviews sadly, some of my favorite recipes from people have no ratings at all. Sometimes you just gotta rely on trial and error. Can you link us to your flavor stash? Someone here might be able to theorycraft a recipe for ya.

Think I copied my link correctly. Some of the flavors I had to duplicate in order to get more recipes. I'm so new at this and quite honestly afraid to exchange this or that for some of them. I've tried and had flops...(Sigh)

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/191447

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Think I copied my link correctly. Some of the flavors I had to duplicate in order to get more recipes. I'm so new at this and quite honestly afraid to exchange this or that for some of them. I've tried and had flops...(Sigh)

I can work with this, hell you have all the flavors needed for one of my favorite peanut butter vapes.

Vapourmod's modified PB milkshake
4% TFA Peanut Butter
1% TFA Vanilla Swirl
4% Cap VBIC
1.5% Cap Sweet Cream
.75% FA Vienna Cream
.5% FA Marshmallow
give it a few days to mellow out and it is a gunker

You can also make a version of sahlab that I scrapped, not due to being bad, juat wasn't what I was going for. Maybe you'll like it?

Scrapped Sahlab
3% Cap French Vanilla
1% TFA Dairy
1.75% Cap Sweet Cream
1% Cap Sugar Cookie
.3% FA Meringue
1% TFA Vanilla Swirl
Needs a day or two.

That's what I got off the top of my head, though it is hard to go wrong with some simple fruits and creams. As for bad mixes, unfortunately that's just gonna happen, just keep your notes updated so you can learn from them. :cheers:

EDIT: I made a mistake.
eDIT 2: Just caught it.

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can work with this, hell you have all the flavors needed for one of my favorite peanut butter vapes.

Vapourmod's modified PB milkshake
4% TFA Peanut Butter
1% TFA Vanilla Swirl
4% Cap VBIC
1.5% Cap Sweet Cream
.75% FA Vienna Cream
.5% FA Marshmallow Swirl
give it a few days to mellow out and it is a gunker

You can also make a version of sahlab that I scrapped, not due to being bad, juat wasn't what I was going for. Maybe you'll like it?

Scrapped Sahlab
3% Cap French Vanilla
1% TFA Dairy
1.75% Cap Sweet Cream
1% Cap Sugar Cookie
.3% FA Meringue
1% TFA Vanilla Swirl
Needs a day or two.

That's what I got off the top of my head, though it is hard to go wrong with some simple fruits and creams. As for bad mixes, unfortunately that's just gonna happen, just keep your notes updated so you can learn from them. :cheers:

EDIT: I made a mistake.

Awe! This is awesome!!!! ((Thank you-Thank you-Thank you)) :bliss::stars2:I'm going to make these two in the morning!! I'm doing the happy dance now! This gives me hope since I've been going over and over again on my stash this evening trying to see what I am missing and what in the world to do!! I mean hours since I last posted here, I've been on the ECF recipe page and flavor page....

Those two recipes are right up my alley as well. The only thing I'm not a happy vapor on is candies, as in jolly ranchers, gummies etc...I just eat those things. LOL

Thank you again and I'll be mixing in just a few hours!! Yay!! :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Oh, you have lots to work with. Cheesecakes, banana nut bread, pavlova, donut, pumpkin pie. I will have a think, it's late down here right now. I think you might be missing a couple of flavors for game over custard, which is popular by a member here, named willmc. I see a lot of possibilities, just can't think to save myself right now sorry lol.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, you have lots to work with. Cheesecakes, banana nut bread, pavlova, donut, pumpkin pie. I will have a think, it's late down here right now. I think you might be missing a couple of flavors for game over custard, which is popular by a member here, named willmc. I see a lot of possibilities, just can't think to save myself right now sorry lol.

Thank you. I just don't understand why on the other forum I seem to be unable to find many 5 stars or ones with comments. I see some that have potential but then again I'm not savvy on reading/converting %'s and flavors. Whenever I find a recipe it seems to have way too much flavor, I have learned that 20% is not ideal or I'm missing flavors. I have learned things like raspberry is needed to boost strawberry but don't ask me how much to add. I learned about SS very fast. That's like cinnamon, a little goes a long way.

I saw one the other day on ice cream, made it. Tasted it on my finger and yuck! I know the cream must steep, but it didn't even come close to a butter pecan ice cream. Smell nor taste, maybe later but the recipe said SNV.

The variables out there I know I've got to learn but starting out, I'm just lost.

I appreciate everyone here since I'm mixing to get away from PG issues. I had to stop a few years after the PG thing got to me and I'm vaping for my health these days. I took a nosedive last year in my health and it means a lot to me to get this right. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seem to be unable to find many 5 stars or ones with comments.
A lot of those popular 5 star recipes aren't that great IMO. I've tried a bunch and most are incredibly average. I think a lot of them are old. Also when mixers have a following their fans give em a good rating no matter what it seems. It's like a popularity contest sometimes. But when you do find a great recipe, check the mixers other stuff. Often you will like their style of mixing/recipes.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you. I just don't understand why on the other forum I seem to be unable to find many 5 stars or ones with comments. I see some that have potential but then again I'm not savvy on reading/converting %'s and flavors. Whenever I find a recipe it seems to have way too much flavor, I have learned that 20% is not ideal or I'm missing flavors. I have learned things like raspberry is needed to boost strawberry but don't ask me how much to add. I learned about SS very fast. That's like cinnamon, a little goes a long way.

I saw one the other day on ice cream, made it. Tasted it on my finger and yuck! I know the cream must steep, but it didn't even come close to a butter pecan ice cream. Smell nor taste, maybe later but the recipe said SNV.

The variables out there I know I've got to learn but starting out, I'm just lost.

I appreciate everyone here since I'm mixing to get away from PG issues. I had to stop a few years after the PG thing got to me and I'm vaping for my health these days. I took a nosedive last year in my health and it means a lot to me to get this right. :)
Find Silhouette on ELR. She has some really nice bakery types. Right up my alley. She’s got some skill!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tonight's simple recipe. This is Version 1 Lemon Cheesecake Torte

Inw shortbread 1%

Flv whipped cream 1%

FE Lemon 2%

Yes We Cheesecake (INW) 1%

Mascarpone Cream Cheese (SC) (WF) 1%
Even though I like this I'm working on a Version 2.
This recipe would be acceptable for a light cheesecake lemon pudding. However, so far I feel it needs a bit more of lemon and the crust needs to be more prominent. The creamy aspect is perfect for me. However, version 2 is going to happen after the full week steep.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even though I like this I'm working on a Version 2.
This recipe would be acceptable for a light cheesecake lemon pudding. However, so far I feel it needs a bit more of lemon and the crust needs to be more prominent. The creamy aspect is perfect for me. However, version 2 is going to happen after the full week steep.
Just ordered the INW Shortbread so I will be trying your version 1 soon.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

ELR does have some very good recipes but yeah, they can be hard to find amidst all the junk. I wish folks would keep their recipes private until they actually think it is something they want to share with others. As mentioned already, a lot of the top rated recipes are quite old, created back when the flavoring options were much less abundant and experienced mixers even less so. Nonetheless, they can be found and doing so will become easier as you gain experience with your own personal preferences in flavoring mixes.

I know you want to whip up some great recipes right away ( we all did/do ) but there is something to be said for taking some time to familiarize yourself with the flavors you already have. For example, many many folks love CAP Vanilla Custard but for me personally, I can only take it in small doses and even at that, it needs to be well steeped. I point this out because until you are certain you like the actual flavors involved in a particular recipe, a single ingredient, even at low percentages, could throw the whole mix off for you.

Don't despair, you will get there, it just takes a little time. :)

VU Sponsors