“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gingerbread does seem a great idea in theory, but I felt compelled to share my experience with gingerbread flavoring: it is extremely strong. Much more powerful than I expected--almost like a straight ginger with additional spices. It was a while ago, but it was definitely TFA or FW, which were the two main suppliers when I started DIY'ing. Anyway, I too am excited to hear your thoughts on the testers (if I haven't missed it already). I'll scroll back up to be sure. Thanks for sharing :)
Hmmmm.....the only one I have is Caps. I’ll revisit it to see if it would work. I don’t have my notes on me....might need to be caked up a bit? Might be more like a hard cookie rather than a cake. But at a low percentage, it might spice up yellow cake enough. Things to ponder.....

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I don't have it yet. I am going the yellow cake route, and I will add vta bakery spice.
I heard that hic has a recipe in his store, I don't have some of the flavors he mentions, and I am not getting another flavor order at least for a few weeks lol. He might have a pumpkin latte recipe on here, I will search. I have a few from his store, and I believe that his lemon meringue pie is the best recipe that I have made. I just love it.
Hic’s Lemon Meringue Pie was my fav for 2 years!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does it need a little butter? How about a touch of that decadent Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream?
Yeah, I was thinking butter. I have capella butter only. Yes, I think hs icecream can go in too. How does this sound?

Caps butter 0.5%
FA. Apple pie. 0.5%
FA .Cookie .0.5%
TFA brown sugar 0.25%
Caps. New York cheesecake. 4%
TPA cheesecake Graham cracker .2.5%
TPA .Pumpkin. 4%
TPA .Pum Pump spice 1%
FA Custard Premium 1%
HS french vanilla ice cream 0.5%

Go on, get into me lol. Too many flavors???

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don’t know.....for a year, I was a chef for sorority houses. Yes, multiple houses. The company I worked for did meal plans for frats and sororities. The worst year of my life. The frats weren’t so bad, surprisingly.....they weren’t used to a female cook. They were slobs, but courteous. The girls, tho.....they hated a female cook. The boys I worked with fawned over them.....I cooked and didn’t tell them how beautiful they were with two day old make up, disheveled clothing and one eye still shut from the night before. Lol! There was only one house that was down to earth and kind of liked me. I’m sure they were all a whole lotta “fun” but you wouldn’t wanna work for them.

I think its a different interaction (generally speaking) when with the opposite sex. I probably couldn't tolerate something like that for more than a day or two, except when I was drinking. It would also be a painfully difficult thing to try and explain to my family why I was partying at some sloppy sorority house.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don’t know.....for a year, I was a chef for sorority houses. Yes, multiple houses. The company I worked for did meal plans for frats and sororities. The worst year of my life. The frats weren’t so bad, surprisingly.....they weren’t used to a female cook. They were slobs, but courteous. The girls, tho.....they hated a female cook. The boys I worked with fawned over them.....I cooked and didn’t tell them how beautiful they were with two day old make up, disheveled clothing and one eye still shut from the night before. Lol! There was only one house that was down to earth and kind of liked me. I’m sure they were all a whole lotta “fun” but you wouldn’t wanna work for them.

And you can learn all that you need to learn about how dirty chicks can be by going into the womens restroom at a rave. It is a most sketchy place. Try it at least once if you haven't.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I was thinking butter. I have capella butter only. Yes, I think hs icecream can go in too. How does this sound?

Caps butter 0.5%
FA. Apple pie. 0.5%
FA .Cookie .0.5%
TFA brown sugar 0.25%
Caps. New York cheesecake. 4%
TPA cheesecake Graham cracker .2.5%
TPA .Pumpkin. 4%
TPA .Pum Pump spice 1%
FA Custard Premium 1%
HS french vanilla ice cream 0.5%

Go on, get into me lol. Too many flavors???

You won't hear a peep out of me. Some of my recipes have 16 or more flavors. Can't help myself. :bliss:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We have a thing in Australia called schoolies. The final year of high school kids party week.
I used to work at a motel. These kids omg, how they survived the week I don't know.

My husband was on the property maintenance crew at a Marriott Hotel years ago. Prom nights were their worst times. He said in some of those rooms, you wouldn't believe the filth and destruction. Kids.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And you can learn all that you need to learn about how dirty chicks can be by going into the womens restroom at a rave. It is a most sketchy place. Try it at least once if you haven't.

Concert venues back in the 70s. Girls peeing in the sinks and on the floor. First time I was ever physically searched was going into a Grateful Dead concert. Can't do that mess anymore.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Concert venues back in the 70s. Girls peeing in the sinks and on the floor. First time I was ever physically searched was going into a Grateful Dead concert. Can't do that mess anymore.

And I grew up thinking girls were made of sunshine and rainbows. Turns out that was a big lie.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I ordered the 3 pumpkin flavors available on BCF. I think I am going to start with this. Not having tried any of the pumpkin flavors, I have no idea how this will work but if they fit like the notes on ELR, one can reasonably suspect this might be good, or a good base to start from. Thoughts?
DIY The Great Pumpkin .jpg

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered the 3 pumpkin flavors available on BCF. I think I am going to start with this. Not having tried any of the pumpkin flavors, I have no idea how this will work but if they fit like the notes on ELR, one can reasonably suspect this might be good, or a good base to start from. Thoughts?
View attachment 120045
Hangsen I don't know about the pumpkin pie, or I would have got it in my last order! Their Australian chocolate is so nice, best chocolate I have tried.
Your recipe sounds good to me. Just mix it, and see what you think. That's what I am doing. I think a good idea is if we all post our recipe, then mix it, and we can post our review here. Compare notes, and come up with the best pumpkin recipe Eva between us!
Did I make sense?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hangsen I don't know about the pumpkin pie, or I would have got it in my last order! Their Australian chocolate is so nice, best chocolate I have tried.
Your recipe sounds good to me. Just mix it, and see what you think. That's what I am doing. I think a good idea is if we all post our recipe, then mix it, and we can post our review here. Compare notes, and come up with the best pumpkin recipe Eva between us!
Did I make sense?

Oh, yeah. I am going to mix it regardless. There is a one shot from ECX that is pretty good as well for those just looking for something easy.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope it won't be as complicated as carrot cake lol.
But I am thinking that it might be fun if we come up with the ultimate pumpkin pie recipe from our individual recipes.
We all make our recipe, and post how it turns out. Compare notes, eg percentage of spice, brand etc.
Collaborate, compare and create the ultimate recipe from each other's test recipe.
Kind of like a fun thing we could do. I dunno, I was just wondering if it would be a good idea lol.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I hope it won't be as complicated as carrot cake lol.
But I am thinking that it might be fun if we come up with the ultimate pumpkin pie recipe from our individual recipes.
We all make our recipe, and post how it turns out. Compare notes, eg percentage of spice, brand etc.
Collaborate, compare and create the ultimate recipe from each other's test recipe.
Kind of like a fun thing we could do. I dunno, I was just wondering if it would be a good idea lol.

That would be unheard of in this thread. VU mixing Collaborations? Couldn't possibly imagine that happening.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 120045

If you don't mind a little feedback, I'd suggest that you give a good smell to the pumpkin pie flavor before going that heavy on the pumpkin pie spice. It may be needed, or the pumpkin pie may already have spice in it. Don't think you want double allspice and nutmeg in your pumpkin pie. :) Yeow!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think @jwill is having a little fun there. We've been known to get on collaborative tangents that go on for days. There are several (SEVERAL) collaborative threads in the Recipes section, too.

I was definitely playing, VU collaborations are the best. I apologize if the sarcasm seemed like a real thing, sometimes it doesnt translate into words quite like it goes off in my head.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you don't mind a little feedback, I'd suggest that you give a good smell to the pumpkin pie flavor before going that heavy on the pumpkin pie spice. It may be needed, or the pumpkin pie may already have spice in it. Don't think you want double allspice and nutmeg in your pumpkin pie. :) Yeow!

I am always open to feedback (the more, the better). I was basing that foundation entirely on ELR notes without having ever tasted any of these.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I put together a tentative Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe (also posted in the recipe section). Gotta mix it up and see what needs to be changed.

0.50% Brown Sugar (TPA)
0.25% Caramel (Original) (TPA)
7.00% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
1.00% Pie Crust (TPA)
3.00% Pumpkin (TPA)
0.25% Pumpkin Pie (Spice) (CAP)
0.50% Toasted Marshmallow (FW)
1.00% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)
1.00% Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)

This sounds great. It even sounds like it would be good without the pumpkin, sort of eggnog-y. But I have a question.

Does anyone know how much difference there is (or what the difference is) in CAP Pumpkin Pie Spice and TFA Holiday Spice? The TFA Holiday Spice that I have smells pretty much like a super-duper concentrate of the pumpkin pie spice that's over in my seasonings cabinet. I've used it just a time or two, the Holiday Spice that is, and I'm glad I went light on it. Seems really strong, and maybe a little heavy on the clove.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was definitely playing, VU collaborations are the best. I apologize if the sarcasm seemed like a real thing, sometimes it doesnt translate into words quite like it goes off in my head.
No lol. You are cool with me! I am not offended, I know you weren't being mean. I am a very hyperactive personality and I go with the flow, and I don't get offended lol.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
No lol. You are cool with me! I am not offended, I know you weren't being mean. I am a very hyperactive personality and I go with the flow, and I don't get offended lol.

Just making sure. All of my vape deliciousness comes from this bunch, so peace and harmony here are the chief principal virtues for these parts.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This sounds great. It even sounds like it would be good without the pumpkin, sort of eggnog-y. But I have a question.

Does anyone know how much difference there is (or what the difference is) in CAP Pumpkin Pie Spice and TFA Holiday Spice? The TFA Holiday Spice that I have smells pretty much like a super-duper concentrate of the pumpkin pie spice that's over in my seasonings cabinet. I've used it just a time or two, the Holiday Spice that is, and I'm glad I went light on it. Seems really strong, and maybe a little heavy on the clove.
Holiday Spice is VERY strong - like max out at 0.1% strong.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have it, and it is strong. It might be clove heavy actually. I used it in Carrot cake two and the clove still dominates, I can't remember the percentage I used then. But knowing me, it was something like five percent, which is too strong.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I believe this is waynes recips from ATF. I made it last december but i dont think i ever vaped it lol. Just made it for other people as christmas presents.
It might give you flavor/percentage ideas.
View attachment 120059

If I had to guess, I'd say that just about nails it. If I were mixing it for myself, though, I'd probably have to bump the overall recipe percentage up. Would surely be willing to give that one a try as is, though. It sounds really really good to me.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I had to guess, I'd say that just about nails it. If I were mixing it for myself, though, I'd probably have to bump the overall recipe percentage up. Would surely be willing to give that one a try as is, though. It sounds really really good to me.
If I had to add anything, it'd be some sort of cream, but like I said, i never vaped it. I wouldnt be surprised if the HS pumpkin pie had a cream flavor in it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I believe this is waynes recips from ATF. I made it last december but i dont think i ever vaped it lol. Just made it for other people as christmas presents.
It might give you flavor/percentage ideas.
View attachment 120059

Well shit. I can make this come Friday. Nice.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If I had to add anything, it'd be some sort of cream, but like I said, i never vaped it. I wouldnt be surprised if the HS pumpkin pie had a cream flavor in it.

The notes on ELR for the HS Pumpkin Pie make it sound more pumpkin flesh than anything.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/48550

Some of the notes make the authors sound like wine sommeliers.

VU Sponsors