nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Glad everyone here is safe and hope everyone on the coast fairs well.

One of my daughters has lost power and some of the siding on her house. She is about an hour south of Raleigh.

I'm in south central Virginia, we've had some rain and it's been quite breezy. I expect that it will stay like this for the duration, because the storm is basically supposed to circle around us. Sounds good to me.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was feeling like doing a custard type flavor, but not just be bland with vanilla or banana (which I already have). Noticed I had a couple of Lemon flavors that I haven’t fiddled around with much, and after a time or 3 I finally hit a nice balance where neither the vanilla or the lemon are are being bossy and everyone is a bit more kumbaya-ish

ea51d0708990e41dc4d7c24d91f46553.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was feeling like doing a custard type flavor, but not just be bland with vanilla or banana (which I already have). Noticed I had a couple of Lemon flavors that I haven’t fiddled around with much, and after a time or 3 I finally hit a nice balance where neither the vanilla or the lemon are are being bossy and everyone is a bit more kumbaya-ish

Ooo! Love Lemon Tarts! Will definitely make this! I have CAPs Vanilla Custard V1 & v2 do you think it makes a difference with one or the other?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Added bit of this and that to a few mixes that missed the mark this morning. Probably should write down what I did. Probably won't.
The grape candy I did needs less hard candy I believe. First time I've ever actually shake and Vaped though. Normally let them sit for a few days. So maybe Monday or Tuesday it'll calm down. Or maybe more grape to cover the candy. Problem just less candy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday I mixed 30ml testers of:
@wildgypsy70 Cookie Doh, Go Beans, and Crack Pie
A 50ml of @jwill's Circus Animal Cookies
And a 50ml of GOC

I totally freaked out mixing the Crack Pie as the WF Oats and Cream Cookie I had ordered from BCF came labeled as Oatmeal and Cream. I checked my BCF order and I had ordered the right stuff. I also checked the WF site and they don't have an Oatmeal and Cream. @Roundhouse you should check the label for that. This old fart doesn't need heart attack by inducing stress like that...:giggle:

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just mixed a bunch of testers, 10ML per. I haven't tasted any of these before

• INW Plum
  • INW Cherimoya
  • HS Caramel Toffee
  • FA Mangosteen
  • FLV Sweet Coconut
  • LB Vanilla Ice Cream
  • VT Vanilla Ice Cream
  • LA Lemonade
  • TFA Lemon
  • TFA Key Lime
  • TFA Banana Foster
  • TFA Orange Mandarin
  • TFA Apricot
  • TFA Jackfruit
  • TFA Watermelon
  • WF Almond Cookies
  • WF Shortbread Cookies
  • WF Hazelnut & Cream
  • WF Roasted Pecans & Cream
  • WF Soursop
  • WF Sour Blue Raspberry
  • CAP Double Watermelon
  • CAP Sweet Lychee
  • CAP Apple Pie
  • CAP Apple Snacks
  • CAP Double Apple
  • CAP Rootbeer
  • FW Rootbeer
  • FW Pear

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

• INW Plum
  • INW Cherimoya
  • HS Caramel Toffee
  • FA Mangosteen
  • FLV Sweet Coconut
  • LB Vanilla Ice Cream
  • VT Vanilla Ice Cream
  • LA Lemonade
  • TFA Lemon
  • TFA Key Lime
  • TFA Banana Foster
  • TFA Orange Mandarin
  • TFA Apricot
  • TFA Jackfruit
  • TFA Watermelon
  • WF Almond Cookies
  • WF Shortbread Cookies
  • WF Hazelnut & Cream
  • WF Soursop
  • WF Sour Blue Raspberry
  • CAP Double Watermelon
  • CAP Sweet Lychee
  • CAP Apple Pie
  • CAP Apple Snacks
  • CAP Double Apple
  • CAP Rootbeer
  • FW Rootbeer
  • FW Pear
That's a lot lol. I am interested to see your thoughts on the wf shortbread cookies. I have been meaning to try, but forgot to order.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

• INW Plum
  • INW Cherimoya
  • HS Caramel Toffee
  • FA Mangosteen
  • FLV Sweet Coconut
  • LB Vanilla Ice Cream
  • VT Vanilla Ice Cream
  • LA Lemonade
  • TFA Lemon
  • TFA Key Lime
  • TFA Banana Foster
  • TFA Orange Mandarin
  • TFA Apricot
  • TFA Jackfruit
  • TFA Watermelon
  • WF Almond Cookies
  • WF Shortbread Cookies
  • WF Hazelnut & Cream
  • WF Soursop
  • WF Sour Blue Raspberry
  • CAP Double Watermelon
  • CAP Sweet Lychee
  • CAP Apple Pie
  • CAP Apple Snacks
  • CAP Double Apple
  • CAP Rootbeer
  • FW Rootbeer
  • FW Pear
Holy Cannoli! That’s a lot of mixing!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’m definitely interested in how the carrot cake turns out!
Well, I don't know how it will go, I have already added to it today. I started off with:

TFA Red Velvet Cake 5%
Caps Vanilla cupcake 3%
LA Cream cheese icing. 6%
TFA Pecan 1%. (walnut might be better but I don't have)
FA Coconut. 1%
VTA .Bakery Spice .0.5%
VTA .Parano Carrot. 3%

I tried it after a day, and it felt a bit dry and not spicy enough, so I added Caps Cake Batter 2% to make it moister, and I upped the bakery spice to 1%.
I will report back after a week of steep.
Carrot cake is complex, this is my third attempt at a recipe. Any tips on my ingredients anyone? Definitely need the cake batter for the gooieness.
The cupcake is to support the cream cheese frosting. I read a review that used red velvet cake for the base.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I don't know how it will go, I have already added to it today. I started off with:

TFA Red Velvet Cake 5%
Caps Vanilla cupcake 3%
LA Cream cheese icing. 6%
TFA Pecan 1%. (walnut might be better but I don't have)
FA Coconut. 1%
VTA .Bakery Spice .0.5%
VTA .Parano Carrot. 3%

I tried it after a day, and it felt a bit dry and not spicy enough, so I added Caps Cake Batter 2% to make it moister, and I upped the bakery spice to 1%.
I will report back after a week of steep.
Carrot cake is complex, this is my third attempt at a recipe. Any tips on my ingredients anyone? Definitely need the cake batter for the gooieness.
The cupcake is to support the cream cheese frosting. I read a review that used red velvet cake for the base.

Don't mean to speak out of turn, but I find the thought of red velvet cake as a base for carrot cake pretty bizarre. Wouldn't gingerbread make a better base for a spice-type cake? If I were mixing this I think I'd go with gingerbread and FW yellow cake, about 60/40 for the part that makes up the cake base, maybe with just a little bit of graham cracker, so 55/40/5 (2.75% gingerbread, 2% FW Yellow Cake, and say a drop per 10ml of graham cracker or TFA Cheesecake graham cracker, plus maybe 1% of the cake batter)? I'd add some lemon to it, too, maybe 1.5%, but that's just me.

Last edited:

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't mean to speak out of turn, but I find the thought of red velvet cake as a base for carrot cake pretty bizarre. Wouldn't gingerbread make a better base for a spice-type cake? If I were mixing this I think I'd go with gingerbread and FW yellow cake, about 60/40 for the part that makes up the cake base, maybe with just a little bit of graham cracker, so 55/40/5 (2.75% gingerbread, 2% FW Yellow Cake, and say a drop per 10ml of graham cracker or TFA Cheesecake graham cracker, plus maybe 1% of the cake batter)? I'd add some lemon to it, too, maybe 1.5%, but that's just me.
You are not speaking out of turn, I appreciate all the advice I can get lol.
I thought the same about the red velvet cake, but I saw a review that used it in Carrot cake. Then I read that it had cream cheese frosting flavor mixed in. So, I thought I would have a crack. Last time I used yellow cake, but gingerbread is an excellent idea. I had lemon in the last recipe, and I might still add it, thanks! I can still add the cc/gc, or would it be too much now?
It will be interesting how this red velvet cake turns out, because I am not getting a real chocolate taste from it, maybe steeping brings it out. I found it a bit dry actually.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am waiting for all you Americans to put up your pumpkin pie recipes!
It is the time of year for it.
It is not a thing in Australia, but I love it, and I have a big tin of the spice mixed and it goes in everything I drink. Mainly smoothies, not water lol.
I have not come up with a recipe to vape. I have the pumpkin and the spice.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It is not a thing in Australia, but I love it, and I have a big tin of the spice mixed and it goes in everything I drink. Mainly smoothies, not water lol.

I am with you on this one. I tend to crave pumpkin something at least once a month. Fortunately soon Jamba Juice and Smoothie King will start up with their pumpkin smoothies and I can have them until November. Yummy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Don't know about vape juice, but I have a killer pumpkin bread recipe that I make around Thanksgiving.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree with this.....Red Velvet is chocolate cake with red food dye. I’m not sure it would be the right base for spice cake. I agree with the yellow cake...possibly white cake.....as the base. Gingerbread sounds right, too.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with this.....Red Velvet is chocolate cake with red food dye. I’m not sure it would be the right base for spice cake. I agree with the yellow cake...possibly white cake.....as the base. Gingerbread sounds right, too.

Yeah, well I tried lol. I will remake. This might be ok if it doesn't taste like Carrot cake.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You are not speaking out of turn, I appreciate all the advice I can get lol.
I thought the same about the red velvet cake, but I saw a review that used it in Carrot cake. Then I read that it had cream cheese frosting flavor mixed in. So, I thought I would have a crack. Last time I used yellow cake, but gingerbread is an excellent idea. I had lemon in the last recipe, and I might still add it, thanks! I can still add the cc/gc, or would it be too much now?
It will be interesting how this red velvet cake turns out, because I am not getting a real chocolate taste from it, maybe steeping brings it out. I found it a bit dry actually.
From what I’ve heard, FLV is the Red Velvet to have. I have TFA and agree that it needs help in the chocolate department. Maybe adding LB Lava cake? So far, it’s the most accurate chocolate cake out there. Low, you can use it as chocolate syrup, higher, the cake comes out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Ahhhhh, this could be a good time to use FA Custard! It does have that lemony back note that might work here. Maybe I’ll mix it as you have it and then another with FA and Caps combined. Not tonight, though.....I’m tired.....

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a community Pumpkin Pie recipe might be in order (if I do say so myself). I could vape some pumpkin pie.
Good idea. I will get hic's recipe, but I think it will be different pumpkin to mine. Think mine is TFA, but I have to check.

From what I’ve heard, FLV is the Red Velvet to have. I have TFA and agree that it needs help in the chocolate department. Maybe adding LB Lava cake? So far, it’s the most accurate chocolate cake out there. Low, you can use it as chocolate syrup, higher, the cake comes out.
Yeah, I heard lava is good. I was only going by one review. I believe everyone lol

VU Sponsors