Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, that’s not a terrible idea at all. There are definitely some great recipes here. Is there an easy way to do this or do we have to go back page by page?

It would probably have to be done page by page, then start a new post just for the recipes. The post should just be the recipes, no addendums or else it'll just get unwieldy. I'll think about doing it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It would probably have to be done page by page, then start a new post just for the recipes. The post should just be the recipes, no addendums or else it'll just get unwieldy. I'll think about doing it.
Drat. Ok. Gonna take a lot of time, but probably worth it. If you decide not to, I’d consider giving it a shot.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a favorite Vanilla Custard recipe?
I like GOC and some others. One I always go back to is Butter Almond Custard by Krucial
c00d309a1b3d3aa3a7acfcb165b0f25f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You mean besides GOC? Kreed’s custard is my second favorite. Third would be Deek’s golden custard. I have a few more I’m trying but they’re steeping right now.
Yes besides GOC. I’ve made Kreed’s Custard & I loved it but the steep time, is soooo long. I don’t think I’ve tried Deeks Golden Custard. Do you know where that recipe is?

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! Does anyone know if the TFA Vanillin 10% could be a sub for the CAP Simply Vanilla in the Deek’s Golden Custard? Deek also suggested upping the CAP French Vanilla to 4% if you don’t have the CAP Simply Vanilla.
I'm also missing the Simply Vanilla and don't have the TFA Vanillin. Was thinking maybe INW Vanilla Shisha at 1-1.5%?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm also missing the Simply Vanilla and don't have the TFA Vanillin. Was thinking maybe INW Vanilla Shisha at 1-1.5%?

Deek suggested dropping the 2 FA flavors & subbing Inw Shisha Vanilla @1% so we would still need what Deeks describe Simply Vanilla as a plain Vanilla not sweet.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deek suggested dropping the 2 FA flavors & subbing Inw Shisha Vanilla @1% so we would still need what Deeks describe Simply Vanilla as a plain Vanilla not sweet.
I’ve only ever made it using simply vanilla. That seems to be the main vanilla so I would say anything subbed would change the recipe. I’ve made this for a lot of other people and they love it.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May I ask where is your Krispy Kreme Donut? I tried looking here in the recipe section but I can’t find it.
It's here in this very thread, post #4903.
2% CAP Caramel
8% CAP Glazed Doughnut
6% CAP Graham Cracker
2% CAP Marshmallow
2% CAP Sugar Cookie
1% TFA Sweet Cream
I never really posted it in the Recipe forum, as all I did was tweak the percentages & add TFA Sweet Cream after reading it online somewhere in the comments section of maybe Capella's website a couple of years ago? I can't even remember. The guy who did the bulk of the heavy lifting on it went by "Ejab", I believe. This version that I use is very authentic, but give it two weeks to really come alive.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's here in this very thread, post #4903.
2% CAP Caramel
8% CAP Glazed Doughnut
6% CAP Graham Cracker
2% CAP Marshmallow
2% CAP Sugar Cookie
1% TFA Sweet Cream
I never really posted it in the Recipe forum, as all I did was tweak the percentages & add TFA Sweet Cream after reading it online somewhere in the comments section of maybe Capella's website a couple of years ago? I can't even remember. The guy who did the bulk of the heavy lifting on it went by "Ejab", I believe. This version that I use is very authentic, but give it two weeks to really come alive.
Thank you so much! :hug:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still working on a good donut/danish type of flavor and ran across a Cinnamon Apple Fritter recipe that I was only one ingredient away from (as always), so, I had to sub Cinnamon Toast-RF instead of using Rich Cinnamon-Flavorah. Gonna let it steep 2-3 days and see what comes out of it...this was the final recipe I used
519196145e9c2cf74712482d98a47e52.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still working on a good donut/danish type of flavor and ran across a Cinnamon Apple Fritter recipe that I was only one ingredient away from (as always), so, I had to sub Cinnamon Toast-RF instead of using Rich Cinnamon-Flavorah. Gonna let it steep 2-3 days and see what comes out of it...this was the final recipe I used
519196145e9c2cf74712482d98a47e52.png

This was a long time favorite of mine until I developed a reaction to cinnamon.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Another one that I always have in rotation is called After the Party which can be found on ATF. It’s not a heavy custard but it’s delicious and worth a try. It can be a shake and vape but it gets better after a week or two.

Sounds like my kind of vape. What is ATF?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone ever have the issue of too many ingredients in recipes that it’s almost impossible to make a 10ml tester bottle of because the quantities used are so tiny that one drop extra can change completely what the end product would be as a 30ml bottle?
I was looking for a clone of Pound Cake by Glas last night and found one that I had to make the bare amounts of substitutions for and it was still like 9 ingredients
3bbfdc46475d212da0c385240e278d66.png

With that many kids in the pool, over squeezing even one flavor can change dramatically the flavor where if I’d have made a 30ml tester, there’s more room for error? Is this just something we’re stuck with dealing with or is there a workaround for it that I just haven’t stumbled across yet?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Does anyone ever have the issue of too many ingredients in recipes that it’s almost impossible to make a 10ml tester bottle of because the quantities used are so tiny that one drop extra can change completely what the end product would be as a 30ml bottle?
I was looking for a clone of Pound Cake by Glas last night and found one that I had to make the bare amounts of substitutions for and it was still like 9 ingredients

With that many kids in the pool, over squeezing even one flavor can change dramatically the flavor where if I’d have made a 30ml tester, there’s more room for error? Is this just something we’re stuck with dealing with or is there a workaround for it that I just haven’t stumbled across yet?

That looks good and of course I am one ingredient short.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

30mls are my testers anymore. For one thing, I got tired of dealing with this very problem. And for another, I hated waiting 2 weeks or more on something I'd fall in love with and only have enough for a tank or maybe two.
I'll be totally honest with you, "complex" recipes are grand, but it's very seldom I take the time and the trouble to make anything that has over 5 or 6 ingredients listed. Granted, there are exceptions (Game Over Custard - YUM!!), but more often than not, I consider it too time consuming in every sense of the word, from dragging out everything I'll need to make it, to waiting 2 or 3 weeks to vape it. And if I drag all that stuff out and wait 3 weeks on a bottle of crap, I'm gonna be mad. I'm a big fan of KISS recipes, they're just as good as the "complex" ones that ramble on and on and on and.....you get the drift. ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Yeah, but I just try not to worry about it. I do 10ml all the time when making test experiments.....and sometimes I have to change the percentages because I “oops” a drop or two. It definitely can affect the mix, depending on the flavoring(I’m looking at you Rich Cinnamon and Alpine Strawberry). But with the above recipe, I don’t think an errant drop is gonna screw the profile. I think it’s really gonna depend on the recipe.

VU Sponsors