Become a Patron!

The case of the disappearing FA lemon sicily

Hello everyone
Ive been using FA flavors for a week or two now thanks to all the great FA recipes here and have had some pretty good luck. Im a big fan of lemonades and lemon flavors and cant figure out lemon sicily. Is this flavor meant to be light or just a background note? I have tried so far a strawberrry lemonade with 4% FA lemon sicily and 2% FA strawberry and it was really good but very light on the lemonade and the lemon completely disappeared the next day. I also made a lemon gelato per HIC's custard review thread for FA custard with 4% FA lemon sicily and 1% FA custard and the lemon is barely noticeable at all. Any help on what im missing please?

Sigelei 100w
Eleaf Lemo 26g 9 wraps 1 ohm at 16 watts

Thanks

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Needs more cowbell, oops, I mean flavoring. My guess anyway. Try 7% instead of 4%.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oddly enough, I was just reading about different Lemon brands. I love FA Lemon Sicily. The highest I've used it is the same, 4%. I recently ran across a mix I hadn't used in over a month, the flavor was still there. To me, FA Strawberry would need to be reduced in your 1st one you posted. I think Strawberry is a strong one. I'm sure there are different opinions on that, though.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Huck - try lowering the strawberry first! FA Lemon does fade, but it takes a few weeks to do so in my experience.

Awesome, thank you everybody. I have noticed over 4 or 5% lemon sicily will mute itself so i didnt wanna go any higher. Ill try dropping the FA strawberry down to 1% also. I did notice searching through recipes that use it, most are using it as a "supporting flavor" rather than a "main event" and it may not shine as the top out front flavor.
I gotta say also, FA flavors ive used so far are really impressing me, time to work on a creamy peachberry :D

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love FA lemon sicily but in my experience - It Fades! I like FE Lemon and even stronger VZ-SC Lemon - they don't seem to fade!

VU Sponsors