Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Late to the party but this thread made me buy one. Best part was it was $16.99 through eciggity. Amazing rta!
3ee9571b305390afbb809e473abb0a82.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wish eciggity would do the billow v3+ for $17.....

For sure one of the most underrated underpriced tanks out there, IMO anyways. I'm up to 7 of these bastards now. The Boreas with the OG Merlin drip tip is my all day every day tank still to this day.

one more than me, and ditto on the merlin tips for them

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Late to the party but this thread made me buy one. Best part was it was $16.99 through eciggity. Amazing rta!
3ee9571b305390afbb809e473abb0a82.jpg

Dude, many thanks for posting this deal! I hadn't really been searching for them, but I kind of assumed that the two I currently have were the only two I'd get. Just ordered 5 from eciggity, The Boreas is easily my favorite RTA I've ever bought, and what I've used every day for more than a year now.

joseph.c.tatum

Member For 4 Years
Dude, many thanks for posting this deal! I hadn't really been searching for them, but I kind of assumed that the two I currently have were the only two I'd get. Just ordered 5 from eciggity, The Boreas is easily my favorite RTA I've ever bought, and what I've used every day for more than a year now.
They had a 10% off code too I forgot about. If you haven't done it yet it was "10PERCENTOFF" if I remember right.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

joseph.c.tatum

Member For 4 Years
Can't beat that! This thing is really impressing me today. I was into rtas about and I quit vaping like a big dummy 7-8 months ago. I just started back about a month ago and knew I wanted back into rebuildables. Glad I made this choice. Now to decide on what rta to go with next. Thinking strongly on an obs engine and I found them for cheap too!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't beat that! This thing is really impressing me today. I was into rtas about and I quit vaping like a big dummy 7-8 months ago. I just started back about a month ago and knew I wanted back into rebuildables. Glad I made this choice. Now to decide on what rta to go with next. Thinking strongly on an obs engine and I found them for cheap too!

The Engine is pretty solid if you want a guaranteed non leaker. I got my wife one and she likes it but it also bounces around in her purse a lot so its really the perfect tank for her. She managed to make the Boreas leak like every damn time so I gave up on that with her lol.

The only thing about the Engine that I personally don't like is sometimes after filling it does flood pretty easily so you may get some hot spit back for a few pulls. Some say the flavor is muted because of the top airflow but I also haven't really experienced any lack of flavor when I fill hers and take a few pulls.

Not a bad tank, not a great tank (IMO) but it could be ideal for you depending on your style of vaping.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Engine is pretty solid if you want a guaranteed non leaker. I got my wife one and she likes it but it also bounces around in her purse a lot so its really the perfect tank for her. She managed to make the Boreas leak like every damn time so I gave up on that with her lol.

The only thing about the Engine that I personally don't like is sometimes after filling it does flood pretty easily so you may get some hot spit back for a few pulls. Some say the flavor is muted because of the top airflow but I also haven't really experienced any lack of flavor when I fill hers and take a few pulls.

Not a bad tank, not a great tank (IMO) but it could be ideal for you depending on your style of vaping.
Which Engine?

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which Engine?

Oh ya I forget there's multiple versions of this now. Just the original one with the dual coil velocity deck. 24mm I want to say? Around 5ml capacity? I know its the first one that came out but now isn't there a mini, nano, single coil and maybe more? lol

Edit: Figured I better look it up for clarity sake, its 25mm 5.2ml capacity. That's the one Wife has.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh ya I forget there's multiple versions of this now. Just the original one with the dual coil velocity deck. 24mm I want to say? Around 5ml capacity? I know its the first one that came out but now isn't there a mini, nano, single coil and maybe more? lol

Edit: Figured I better look it up for clarity sake, its 25mm 5.2ml capacity. That's the one Wife has.
LOL I hear ya. Thanks for the clarification :)

joseph.c.tatum

Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at the full size 25mm I believe. Very nice looking tank that seems to get good reviews. Is it as thirsty as the boreas? I had a griffin 25 before I quit vaping last time but it was a clone and weeped juice from every crack and crevice but was a pretty decent tank flavor wise. I been out of the loop for a bit so don't really know what's out there. I've got another mod en route and gonna pick up a 25mm engine I'm fairly sure. Also I'm planning on another mod to have 3 to swap out and welcome any recommendations for rtas or mods. I'm a simple guy is my vape style. Wattage mode only, not a tc guy, and my go too is dual alien coil around .25ohm. I have em in the boreas and I'm only pushing around 75 watts and very pleased. I do run em up to around 85-90 watts on occasion but that's really about as far as I need to go and not on a regular basis. Any input/advice is much appreciated

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at the full size 25mm I believe. Very nice looking tank that seems to get good reviews. Is it as thirsty as the boreas? I had a griffin 25 before I quit vaping last time but it was a clone and weeped juice from every crack and crevice but was a pretty decent tank flavor wise. I been out of the loop for a bit so don't really know what's out there. I've got another mod en route and gonna pick up a 25mm engine I'm fairly sure. Also I'm planning on another mod to have 3 to swap out and welcome any recommendations for rtas or mods. I'm a simple guy is my vape style. Wattage mode only, not a tc guy, and my go too is dual alien coil around .25ohm. I have em in the boreas and I'm only pushing around 75 watts and very pleased. I do run em up to around 85-90 watts on occasion but that's really about as far as I need to go and not on a regular basis. Any input/advice is much appreciated

My best advice as far as any RTA goes is get the ones that don't have press-fit pieces. Every single tank I've owned with press fitting has managed to leak, weep, seep... whatever the hell you want to call it. The examples from my personal experience are the Merlin (single coil RTA), Billow V3, OBS Crius V3, Griffin 24mm. Never again after dealing with those frustrations.

As far as if the Engine is thirsty, it really depends on your build, with dual aliens I would imagine it would suck down the juice at a pretty good clip :)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I hadn't made a purchase from eciggity before, but damn they're quick to ship. Already got a tracking number for my order. :confetti:

I wouldn't claim that there aren't better RTAs out there than the Boreas, but considering how happy I am with mine, I can now take a break from trying to find the something to trump it. That'll definitely save me some money in the long run.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do know the Engines are press fit? OBS didn't learn a thing from the crius.

Which part, the top cap area? I dont mind that so much since the base isnt pressfit. But either way I dont use it so i still stay with no press fit for this guy lol

WraithPC

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Deck is press fit, as is much of the rest of it, multiple reports of the positive post popping out on folks, I'm guessing they are being a little heavy handed when manipulating coils, but none the less annoying. I've not had any issues with any of my engines, no leaks or flooding. However have decided not to buy multiple pieces because of the press fit deck.

Like you I find press fit a huge negative that typically ends in issue.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deck is press fit, as is much of the rest of it, multiple reports of the positive post popping out on folks, I'm guessing they are being a little heavy handed when manipulating coils, but none the less annoying. I've not had any issues with any of my engines, no leaks or flooding. However have decided not to buy multiple pieces because of the press fit deck.

Like you I find press fit a huge negative that typically ends in issue.

Oh ya I can see what you're saying, had to rebuild wife's earlier and I see how its press fit into the base. Seems like the flooding really only happens right when its almost time to change wicks or if she doesn't fill it fast enough. Otherwise she really likes it which is all that matters right?!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I hadn't made a purchase from eciggity before, but damn they're quick to ship. Already got a tracking number for my order. :confetti:

I wouldn't claim that there aren't better RTAs out there than the Boreas, but considering how happy I am with mine, I can now take a break from trying to find the something to trump it. That'll definitely save me some money in the long run.
I have a few boreas and have used the same one for many many months with no issues. I haven't opened another yet.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity has been one of my Favorite Vendors since they opened.....Nice people and fast shipping, I live in Oregon so when my order leaves Hawaii it comes right to Portland Oregon and then to my house.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm up to page 135 of this novel. Decided around page 5 that I definitely need a few Borei in my stash.

Roxy was gone before I joined VU, so I never spoke with her, but I miss her anyway.:( Seems like a class act.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm up to page 135 of this novel. Decided around page 5 that I definitely need a few Borei in my stash.

Roxy was gone before I joined VU, so I never spoke with her, but I miss her anyway.:( Seems like a class act.

I could barely wick an RTA when I joined this thread last year - it turned me into a black belt

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered my 3rd Boreas yesterday. Stock up while they still are available! And, they go for pretty cheap these days to boot!

Check subtank supply or Eciggity.
Just bought three more. In the closet they go with the others. No more buying until mid June.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could barely wick an RTA when I joined this thread last year - it turned me into a black belt
I agree. It took me an hour, at least, to build a boreas. Now I can wrap a coil, put it on the boreas and wick and vape in 15 minutes.

VU is the best.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think Subtask Supply still has the gold ring for the Boreas. I know I just saw one last week...where the heck was it?

I got one for my black Boreas too Ro55co, but ended up putting it on my SS one and the SS ring on my Black one and the black ring on my second SS Boreas...mix and match.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow i cant believe how big this thread is...
Anyway not sure if it has been said before, but I would love to see a V2 of this tank. Been using mine daily for well over a year, and love it. But imagine it with a chuff top rather than a 510. and interchangable decks. Postless, goon style, Pharoah style, etc.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow i cant believe how big this thread is...
Anyway not sure if it has been said before, but I would love to see a V2 of this tank. Been using mine daily for well over a year, and love it. But imagine it with a chuff top rather than a 510. and interchangable decks. Postless, goon style, Pharoah style, etc.
I would like the original pharoah style single coil deck but with the amount of air this thing can put out I don't know.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This thread, the very first thread I ever even posted in on this website over a YEAR ago, is still going strong. Jesus fucking christ.

Roxy, come back and make a 40mm Boreas. PLEASE.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Mikhail - the Boreas still kicks ass is why

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing about the Engine that I personally don't like is sometimes after filling it does flood pretty easily so you may get some hot spit back for a few pulls.

Lifehack #1: After refilling, fire it up but don't pull – blow. At the right angle from up close, like a pan flute.
Lifehack #2: Holding it at approx. 45 degrees, juice port up, stop filling when the juice completely covers the glass. No spitback!

Roxy, come back and make a 40mm Boreas. PLEASE.
Don't care for a 40mm, but I'd buy a V2 with better ergonomics (proper knurling for starters) and aesthetics.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I went to Eccigity.com and picked up the Boreas in Black and Stainless for $16.99 each. I have owned the Aromamizer Supreme for a long time and have always loved it. Now I can see what all the hype is about. There is Pros and Cons for both so let me just highlight the main differences.

Aromamizer Supreme (AS) vs Boreas (B)

LEAKING:
AS Never Leaks on me
B sometimes leaks thru the JFC when I fill it. Already replaced all the orings and problem is not as bad, but still there.
Winner this round = AS

AIRFLOW:
AS spits out the sides when vaping sometimes because airflow is wide open
B does not spit and has a nice smooth airflow.
Winner this round = B

JFC:
AS has separate JFC and AFC which can be adjusted independently.
B has AFC and JFC combined so when one is adjusted, so is the other.
The is going to be completely subjective and vary between users but I always run my JFC and AFC wide open
So it is a tie on this one for me because it makes no difference. I like both the same.
Winner this round = TIE

FLAVOR:
Cannot tell any difference between the AS and the B.

Overall Value:
The Boreas only cost me $16.99 so this is really a no brainer. Even with a little seeping from the JFC when I fill it, the Boreas is still a better value for sure.

If you are on the fence or have looked at but not purchased a Boreas tank, for $16.99 you should just buy one and try it. $16.99 is dirt cheap for a nice authentic tank.

Just a note: My favorite build on both of these tanks so far is a dual fused clapton - 26 gauge nichrome cores with a 38 gauge 316 SS wrap. A spaced 5 wrap coil around a 3 mm screwdriver is right on 0.3 ohm every time for me. Dual is 0.15 ohm of course and the vape is amazing at 70 watts on both the AS and the B.

( All of the above is just my opinion, may not be yours. )

Happy Vaping Everyone!
CV :)

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
B sometimes leaks thru the JFC when I fill it. Already replaced all the orings and problem is not as bad, but still there.

My refill method, variation of the 'boreas burp', which requires a qtip and a paper towel:
- QTip out the chimney and turn it upside down to drain the tank
- Close the AFC/JFC while it is still upside down
- Remove the cap, fill the tank
- Put the cap on and thread until you get tension
- Wrap the cap with paper towel and turn back upside down, wait a second or two then tighten the cap
- With it still upside down open the AFC to one hole
- Turn it upside right and take a couple vapes making sure you keep drawing air after you stop firing. I will also hold the towel on one side and blow into/thru the air holes to blow out any juice that might want to come out the air holes later.
- I repeat the above with 2 holes open and then again with 3 holes open (my preferred setting) and I never get leaking once that is done.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My refill method, variation of the 'boreas burp', which requires a qtip and a paper towel:
- QTip out the chimney and turn it upside down to drain the tank
- Close the AFC/JFC while it is still upside down
- Remove the cap, fill the tank
- Put the cap on and thread until you get tension
- Wrap the cap with paper towel and turn back upside down, wait a second or two then tighten the cap
- With it still upside down open the AFC to one hole
- Turn it upside right and take a couple vapes making sure you keep drawing air after you stop firing. I will also hold the towel on one side and blow into/thru the air holes to blow out any juice that might want to come out the air holes later.
- I repeat the above with 2 holes open and then again with 3 holes open (my preferred setting) and I never get leaking once that is done.

Thank you for the tip.

I just close the JFC/AFC, take off the cap, fill it, replace the cap, then open the JFC/AFC and vape. Usually works good except for a small amount of seeping. Like I said before, since I replaced all the orings, it really isn't too bad. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel and I am good to go.

I will definitely try turning it upside down before closing the JFC/AFC to see if that helps. Other than that, the rest is more work than I am willing to put into filling a tank. LOL :) Too many other tanks I have fill easily with no leaking using the same method described above. My AMMIT, Aromamizer Supreme, Merlin V1, and Billow V2.5 tanks give a great vape with no leaking.

Thank you again for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Vaping!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the tip.

I just close the JFC/AFC, take off the cap, fill it, replace the cap, then open the JFC/AFC and vape. Usually works good except for a small amount of seeping. Like I said before, since I replaced all the orings, it really isn't too bad. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel and I am good to go.

I will definitely try turning it upside down before closing the JFC/AFC to see if that helps. Other than that, the rest is more work than I am willing to put into filling a tank. LOL :) Too many other tanks I have fill easily with no leaking using the same method described above. My AMMIT, Aromamizer Supreme, Merlin V1, and Billow V2.5 tanks give a great vape with no leaking.

Thank you again for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Vaping!
Yes, I understand. I used to not bother with the draining of the deck (wanted as much juice in the tank/deck as possible each refill) but just did the last turn of the cap on while upside down and that was usually enough by itself. 99% of my refills are at home at my work desk so not a problem for me to go the extra mile. If I have to refill when out of the house I don't bother with some of those steps.

VU Sponsors