Become a Patron!

The better low cost squonkers?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Been going through fasttech looking around...added these to my wish list for reference.

Sooooo, what have some of you already tried?...what flat out sucks and what's decent from this list so far?.
View attachment 109715

Vaporl has the crea for $9.90. I got a couple on the way but it’ll probably be a few weeks before they get here. I figure for ten bucks each I can do a little modification to them if they aren’t very good and still come out ahead.

Carpe Nidor

notagoodnameleft

Member For 4 Years
Coppervape 2's button is POOR - actually the locking mechanism is horrible and is the problem (should just drop it). Button is NOT very high quality - and the internal frame (pos/neg runs) will twist a bit and the button doesn't hit it too well. I've shimmed and done some basic 'mods' and it works solid - but a few weeks time and the dreaded lock - just go out and buy the el-cheapo augvape druga and solder a bit - for twenty bucks you get a solid (although not floodable) rda and a plasticky Squonker mod.

I don't have nearly the experience as most - but I've YET to use a plasticky Squonker with a decent switch and internals (Hcigar magic box looked good - not tried it yet). For me the switch is #1, the internals (rigidity/sturdiness) is #2, and the delivery (liquid) system is #3. NONE match the coppervape brass - but its >$30. So that leaves YOU to do a bit of modding yourself - and then I jump o the "best deal going" and with a bit of silastic , hot snot, and solder - make it work. The Druga with a box for twenty bucks - no brainer (regardless of color).

Attachments

• IMG_1424.JPG
    IMG_1424.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd dearly love if that DS-style mod had a switch replacement - anydamnthing that fit and worked..

I'm right there, ready to order one, but... the idea of "everything-is-fine-but-the-switch" is just depressing.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Hugo squeeze kit coming to me in a trade to try out...watched review vids on it...I like the silver plated contacts...everyone seems to mention it's a rather hard hitter so I'll give it a shot let you know how I like it...also a Haku single coil clone...looking to get the wasp nano next.

Last edited:

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can find 99.9 silver strips 6in long on Etsy. Just got two in the mail today. 10 bucks a piece but worth it.
7dba278ef34bcaa98c085f0d83d9d658.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
What Gage are you using?

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hugo Squeezer is a solid value mod. Cheap and reliable. Mine stays in my car 24-7 with a Pulse 22 for my drive to work.

I also like the original Pulse mods. You can pick them up used for 25 bucks.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Hugo squeezer and sxk entheon have been my everyday combo since I got them. For about a month now I have barely used any other mod.

It hits hard, works amazing well, feels and looks good, is durable (taken a few drops on concrete at work without a mark), came with lots of extras in the box including a large refill bottle, and is very easy to swap batteries and refill juice bottle.

It has to be the king of cheap squonki ng.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The THC , Thunder storm mod
Has actually turned out to be my daily beater ,
Front sqounker ,
front bottle door
back battery door
magnets are good
mod feels quite solid ,
light as well ,
Should easy survive a fall.
Works on every fire,
think it,s around 32usd Fasttech /3f
Using it just little over a week 24/7 , only bad thing i can say is could of made it to take larger bottles ,
that it
Slide up to lock
fire button ,
6d9b5c3696a2c8bd5d48ca067e9fe7f7.jpg
2895a0df20f66bd092438f2b166c1a5e.jpg
7377235ffd4fff6275e6a4cc63120864.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen the Geekvape Athena Squonk kit selling recently for $20. I think that's the best value mech around now.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've seen the Geekvape Athena Squonk kit selling recently for $20. I think that's the best value mech around now.
Fuck yes it is. Only downside (I don believe it's A downside because I like 18650, the size is absolutely great). It's solid as fuck. Much better than the squeezer, much better than the pulse. Much better than the azeroth. It's the best in that and even above price category.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that is a deal. that was my first mech and first squonker. still vaping it alongside 5 regulated squonkers. my 2 pulse mech boxes are getting stashed, leaky POS's.

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both regulated and mechanical.

I have a lost vape therion 75 squonker.
Hcigar VT75 inbox squonker
2 coppervapes..one SS the other brass.
A Sonar 505 custom wood mech squonker.

I suppose I'm looking for those good $30 or less squonkers that might work well.
Michael I just saw that Vaporider has the geekvape athena squonk mod for 29.99 and the augvapedruga for 15.95 both mods come with addies and you can get an additional %10 off with the code "summer10" hope this helps you.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Fuck yes it is. Only downside (I don believe it's A downside because I like 18650, the size is absolutely great). It's solid as fuck. Much better than the squeezer, much better than the pulse. Much better than the azeroth. It's the best in that and even above price category.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
So what's the downside?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors