Become a Patron!

The best kit for mtl ?

Hello,

Can anyone know what is the best kit for mtl? I like to feel good taste. I currently have therion 166 + kylin rta + govad rda. I'm looking for something with a smaller cloud than the one mentioned above so I can do mtl.
It would be nice if you wrote what box + atomizer for flavor and mtl chasing. I was thinking over Esquare DNA60 and wotofo serpent / cthulhu mtl. Price doesn't matter

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use high power by day and mtl by night.
My typical mtl setup is either
A squonk box with a cyclone RDA
Or
A kayfun 3.1 with a DNA30 or dna40 around 18-20w
Or
Kayfun mini v3 with one of the same mods

Other good options that I use at times are the taifun, aquav2, cthulu mtl

The cthulu is a great option with the middle sized restrictor in place. Using a simple 28g 7wrap build and you're in business. If you you like mtl, I find the others i mentioned to have a smoother airflow and slightly better flavor.
As to mods, anything really out there should be good, since you're not needing alot of power, the mods you have would work fine; but, a dedicated mtl mod is always nice to have. The DNA mods will never stear your wrong though.
BAM crew

Last edited:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For rebuildables, I like the KF V3 Mini clones, though I wish they were a bit more restricted air flow, MTLs should allow for tight draws like the Nautilus mini. The KF V5 is way too airy for my tastes. For drop in coils, Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini -my favorite of the tanks that use Nautilus coils with a top fill that is superior to the Nautilus 2 (which many have problems with leaks out the air holes and flooding upon filling). I have a Kabuki clone that also uses Nautilus coils but its not top fill.

But my favorite for everyday MTL vaping are Ego One (and Ego One Mega) tanks or any other tanks that take the rebuildable CLR coil (you don't even have to rebuild, price is in line with other drop in coils). My absolute favorite for everyday vaping is the Amor tank from Totally Wicked which can use CL or CLR coils, I have 6 of these (spares, lol) and love them. I've heard the CL coils are not very good, and so I went straight for the CLR rebuildables and haven't looked back at Nautys :) The CLR coil is easy to rebuild, and I rebuild even new ones these days with 316L SS for TC vaping (and power control too), wick with Cotton Bacon V2, mmm a good MTL vape!

Last edited:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What f1r3b1rd said,,, same tastes man.
here's pics of some of them,,,
Taifun gt11,
Aqua2 ( I have 3 of em )
Chalice,
cyclone..
View attachment 85448
How would you rate the Aqua2 (looks good!) for its ability to provide a tight MTL draw, say compared to the Nautilus Mini first or second air hole. Easy to build on? Any leaks? Must be something good for you to have 3, haha :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How would you rate the Aqua2 (looks good!) for its ability to provide a tight MTL draw, say compared to the Nautilus Mini first or second air hole. Easy to build on? Any leaks? Must be something good for you to have 3, haha :)
I just sold my aqua v2 a month back and regret it. It was in my daily rotation for over two years.
The flavor for me is unmatched you can tighten the draw as much as you like without sacrificing vape quality. Mine only leaked on me on the first build Because I mounted the coils too high. Other than that, it never leaked a drop. Not even condensation.
Its very easy to build on, the wicking took a time or two to nail down but very very easy. You can run it anywhere from restrictive lung to tight Nautilus style draw and everything in between.

BAM crew

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just sold my aqua v2 a month back and regret it. It was in my daily rotation for over two years.
The flavor for me is unmatched you can tighten the draw as much as you like without sacrificing vape quality. Mine only leaked on me on the first build Because I mounted the coils too high. Other than that, it never leaked a drop. Not even condensation.
Its very easy to build on, the wicking took a time or two to nail down but very very easy. You can run it anywhere from restrictive lung to tight Nautilus style draw and everything in between.

BAM crew
Absolutely spot on , couldn't have said it better.
No leaks , air control is so easy and is very accommodating to whatever you dig.
After a couple of iffy wicking attempts at first , now it's a breeze,,, less is more ,( in my case ).
I am sold on this rta

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

BAM crew
FB, did you run it single or dual coil?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Absolutely spot on , couldn't have said it better.
No leaks , air control is so easy and is very accommodating to whatever you dig.
After a couple of iffy wicking attempts at first , now it's a breeze,,, less is more ,( in my case ).
I am sold on this rta
Exactly: less is more unless you do the erlkoenigin style wicking

Cut the wick tail at an angle so you have thicker shoulders and just let the thin tail touch where the threading meets the channels.
If you stuff the channels you're nasking for dry hits.
BAM crew

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello,

Can anyone know what is the best kit for mtl? I like to feel good taste. I currently have therion 166 + kylin rta + govad rda. I'm looking for something with a smaller cloud than the one mentioned above so I can do mtl.
It would be nice if you wrote what box + atomizer for flavor and mtl chasing. I was thinking over Esquare DNA60 and wotofo serpent / cthulhu mtl. Price doesn't matter
One of the best MTL kits I've tested is the Aspire Zelos Kit. It comes with the Nautilus 2 tank. Great MTL setup. The only downside is the Nautilus 2 only takes factory coils, no RBA section. One of the best newer MTL tanks I have used with a rebuildable option is the Smok Spirals Plus. Also, the Vapefly Nicholas is a legit MTL Tank but again no RBA section. Here is my full review on the Zelos Kit and Smok Spirals Plus.

Aspire Zelos Kit
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/330392/

Smok Spirals Plus
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/331520/

Hope this helped.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
One of the best MTL kits I've tested is the Aspire Zelos Kit. It comes with the Nautilus 2 tank. Great MTL setup. The only downside is the Nautilus 2 only takes factory coils, no RBA section. One of the best newer MTL tanks I have used with a rebuildable option is the Smok Spirals Plus. Also, the Vapefly Nicholas is a legit MTL Tank but again no RBA section. Here is my full review on the Zelos Kit and Smok Spirals Plus.

Aspire Zelos Kit

Smok Spirals Plus

Hope this helped.

Very good review of the Aspire Zelos

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Aspire Zelos Kit

Smok Spirals Plus

Hope this helped.

Yeah, if looking for a clearomizer, the Nautilus 2 is a fantastic option. The stock coils can be rebuilt just a bit of work.

There are quite a few vids out there so might be helpful to watch a few, to pick up different tricks and tips.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here are my fav RTAs for MTL:
  • Kayfun Lite (Plus, Plus V2)
  • Erlkonigin
  • Spheroid V3
  • Gem V1
  • Squape R(s)
  • Dvarw
  • SXK DoggyStyle
  • Hussar w MTL kit
  • Billet Box w Exocet with KF5 MTL Kit
There are many, many others but those are the ones I've settled on and loaded up with. Several of those have clone versions that are uber inexpensive (KFL, SXK Doggy, Hussar and Billet/Exocet for sure). Some of these are hard to get now (Erl, Spheroid, Gem, Squape).

Any of these on a device that can do 8-15 watts will get 'er done for MTL.

My criteria for the type of MTL that I enjoy is as follows:
  • Simple single wire coils of 26 gauge or smaller
  • Above 1 ohm builds
  • Airflow coming from below coil with a 2 mm max path from AFC ring to inlet below coil
  • Small/tight deck
  • Short/tight chimney
  • Produces excellent flavor
All of the RTAs above meet those criteria and for MTL, IMO, are the creme of the crop :)

If you want links to clones just let me know and I'll post.

VU Sponsors