Status
Not open for further replies.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everybody!
I've had this idea for awhile and only recently have I been able to put it into motion..... I'm excited to see where it leads and I think it will be fun!
Introduction first I suppose....
My name is Jeff and I build squonkers in my spare time. It's a great stress-reliever for me and I enjoy the opportunity to share my work when I can.
The subject came up in the "squonkers are bonkers" thread to build a mechanical enclosure with an alternate side cutout for the squonk hole. It would be my first attempt at doing so with the enclosures that were milled for me, and the hole placement created a small challenge with contact strip and button placement.
The solution seemed natural; to make a top-fire enclosure, but given the tight fitment the enclosures already had, I played around with removing material from the bottom until I was able to give myself the clearance needed for a top-fire setup.
long story short, I was able to make it work, but the enclosure had become so dirty and had a couple of scars that it was basically something I had made for personal use, as a concept and prototype. It is a dirty little thing and I finished right over the grime and dubbed it "pigpen". I enjoy it immensely and use it daily since its completion, I'm a fan of the button feel and engagement, it seems solid and so far has shown no signs of performance flaws.
Now, while I enjoy pigpen and the fine company he provides, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to put my plan into motion, hence I give you....
Pigpen's great adventure.
Here's the idea and some general guidelines:
-This is open to everyone as long as you can be trusted to keep the plan in motion. assholes look away.
-There is no exchange of money whatsoever as pigpen is concerned. He is not for sale.
-The temporary owner of pigpen will report on arrival and has a maximum of 30 days to use him.
- On or before the 30-day mark, the temporary owner will report here in this thread that pigpen needs to fly. This is where I'm counting on you folks to keep it civil. I won't start a list or intervene, the temporary owner decides who gets pigpen next. if you guys want to keep a running tally or list, be my guest, I just don't have the time. Aside from the 30-day max per-user, there's no set limit on time for his travels, so everyone will have a chance.
-Temporary owner will pay for shipping to the next user. I'd like to think that if you are willing to partake in this journey that you'd be able to get pigpen a paid flight to the next destination without any issues.
-Pigpen will not start his journey with anything but himself. the bottle will be your own as will your atty. 8.5ml supersoft is what I have used for a bottle, but a reo 6ml may fit also.
-Temporary owners are welcome to add any no-value items to his baggage prior to departure if you think it could help him on his next leg of the journey.
-If, at any time, pigpen is broken beyond repair, the temporary owner should contact me immediately and I will paypal the funds to have him returned to me. If possible I will fix him and clear him for departure if there are still users who would like him to visit.
-Same deal when he reaches the end of his travels; when the interested parties run out, I will gladly paypal you the finds for his return.
-One visit per user, please. let's let everyone in on the fun.
-Pigpen is a purely mechanical hog that runs on 18650 batteries of the highest quality only. Bad times happen with bad batteries and the only safety in pigpen's trigger is the mater between your ears. I am not responsible for any occurrences that arise from misuse or mishandling of pigpen. He was designed and built as a prototype and proof-of-concept, not a retail unit. All users should inspect pigpen prior to use for the first time and if assistance is required the user should contact me via PM and I will address it immediately, up to and including paying to have pigpen returned to my possession. Safety should be paramount and the cell should be removed from pigpen while not in regular use.
-Unless it is absolutely required to maintain functionality, please keep the "tweaks" to a minimum. I realize that everyone has different ideas of the way things "should be", but part of this whole idea is to see how it survives without the need for messing around with it.
-Lastly and most important, I just want to have pigpen back when this is all said and done. I love him dearly and I'm going to miss him bunches but am very excited for his road ahead.... Let's all make it a great one!

I don't want to put a bunch of rules and restrictions on this adventure, so I'm leaving the rest in your capable hands. I'd like to at least see a picture posted here of pigpen in a scenic place where you live, if you wanted to add a note or letter to the package as it moves along I think it would be a fun interaction experience between users as well!
This is purely a good-faith effort and what I consider to be a fantastic social experiment so the only firm rule I have is that we need to be civil, kind to pigpen and also to one another. I will have no recourse and will seek no vengeance should someone decide that they want to ruin this project, but I would like to think that others would agree that this could be a lot of fun to be involved with and we should keep it going as long as possible with as minimal dickish behavior as possible (zero dickish behavior being ideal).
If there are any questions I'm happy to answer them, otherwise I think the formalities are out of the way!

I'll start the journey with my next post, I have a pre-determined member who will be the best temporary loving mother a dirtly little piggy could ever ask for.....
A couple shots:
pn0WTtA.jpg

5jURDxJ.jpg

ZQkC2t0.jpg

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
add me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice start.

Yes I'm new to squonking (currently really digging it) but from the two sqonkers I have I really love the cut out from my CC mod. It's much more efficient and easy to squeeze than my Frankenskull.

Basically center the squeeze hole on the edge like this -

cc-1_zpscqcu6x3q.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Jeff, one thing that needs to be mentioned is the type of bottle that will fit! The rest is pretty self explanatory.
I will start the list so that everybody will know where they're at. Each interested member can copy and paste it and add their name. As their tour of duty in the pigpen ends, they could edit their entry and possibly tell us where the next location will be.
THE PIGGY WORLD TOUR 2017!
1. @JuicyLucy
2. @caihlen
3. @BrewBear

Not quite sure who the next member should be on the list since the conversation in the bonkers thread took a left turn!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Jeff, one thing that needs to be mentioned is the type of bottle that will fit! The rest is pretty self explanatory.
I will start the list so that everybody will know where they're at. Each interested member can copy and paste it and add their name. As their tour of duty in the pigpen ends, they could edit their entry and possibly tell us where the next location will be.
THE PIGGY WORLD TOUR 2017!
1. @JuicyLucy
2. @caihlen
3. @BrewBear

Not quite sure who the next member should be on the list since the conversation in the bonkers thread took a left turn!

Edited the OP, 8.5ml supersoft is what's in there now.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It'll be fun to compare Lucy to Pigpen, lol

@minimalsaint, you mentioned in the bonkers thread that maybe we should sign inside the door - who and where?

Unfortunately the door won't be large enough for everyone but sign or initial it wherever you can on the inside! Maybe the first stop should start a log sheet to send along? ;)
Its really all in what you want to add, there are no rules!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If someone is willing to spend $15 on 1st class international, or have me PayPal you postage count me in.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'd put your name on the list now dude - everyone seems okay with it. Just work out the postage issue with the person sending it to you :)

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I thought for sure that a flying pig would be more exciting, but vape mail never disappoints in the "hurry up and wait" category so I'm not surprised.
Shouldn't be long now @JuicyLucy , at least that's my hope!
eFM2GI1.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I thought for sure that a flying pig would be more exciting, but vape mail never disappoints in the "hurry up and wait" category so I'm not surprised.
Shouldn't be long now @JuicyLucy , at least that's my hope!
eFM2GI1.png

Interesting - never saw mail jump through Portland

Hmmmm

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep- headed east to find Alaska.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
who knows.....you may end up with some orders out of Hollywood, if the right person sees me vaping your mod when it's in my hands, and asks about it :D
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Then they'd be all "NAAAAAAAAHHHHH just play in' LOL"
Pigpen is no beauty, that's for sure.
Hit some low-income housing spots and I'm sure it'd be a hit though!

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Then they'd be all "NAAAAAAAAHHHHH just play in' LOL"
Pigpen is no beauty, that's for sure.
Hit some low-income housing spots and I'm sure it'd be a hit though!

Naw, the rugged look will be a selling point. Just gotta say the magic words "hand crafted" from "non-GMO wood".....you will have a waiting list :giggle:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell a hipster it matches their oxfords and BOOM you've got the "in" with the beard crowd.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They did not put the little piggy in the box yesterday, even though they claim they did :(

Well, there is always tomorrow, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors