That stupid locking pin

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last night while changing the battery in my Nemi clone, the switch went to pieces and the pin disappeared. I will search for it again this evening & I have emailed Vaperoyalty to see if I can get another. Since it isn't magnetic I can't use a magnet to try and pick it up. If it went down in the chair or into the carpet, it may be lost forever.

I was thinking about fashioning another by cutting a sewing needle.

Opinion??

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Last night while changing the battery in my Nemi clone, the switch went to pieces and the pin disappeared. I will search for it again this evening & I have emailed Vaperoyalty to see if I can get another. Since it isn't magnetic I can't use a magnet to try and pick it up. If it went down in the chair or into the carpet, it may be lost forever.

Opinion??

The right size sewing needle should work. But most of the time people have been recommending cutting a piece off of a wire hanger like the kind you get from a dry cleaner. Or I think I remember seeing replacements on fatdaddy vapes website.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Machine needles can be pretty thick, so I will probably try that when I get home. I may order some anyway as this is very aggravating!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! I hate those! Let a buddy borrow my stingray to try a mechanical for a while and told him about needing to keep the button clean and polished but DON'T LOSE THE PIN!

He lost the pin LOL! I don't use it anymore but will try the ideas you have all given so it works for my my next victim ;)

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm home early today so set about a solution. Coat hangars were too large. Needles were too small. What was just right? The squeezy handle thingie on a 3/4" binder clip.

Of course I dropped the first one and it went down the side of my chair, probably to join the original. :confused:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome! Jacking a few size clips from work before I leave :D

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mentioned I emailed the vendor about my pin. I got this response:

Hi Susan,

We are really sorry to hear about the issue with your Neme mods little rice pin. We will send you a replacement one out today :) Just be really careful with this one as there are extremely easy to loose. Thanks again Susan and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Vape Royalty
Customer Service Department

VapeRoyalty.com
RoyaltyVape.com

Thumbs up for good customer service.

I wonder why in the little baggies of spare parts they don't include a spare pin?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can cut a piece of paper clip to use in the channel until the real deal gets to you.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My operating station is in a room with tile floors. Saved me a couple times. Something I do that may be useful to someone is I put a fluffy hand towel on my table and work over it and use it to lay parts out on. Stuff doesn't roll, bounce or get scratched. Just a thought.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Opinion??
A steel clothes hanger worked for me..just cut and file it to size..

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Suggest you find a new one to replacement . When you make ,the size may not tit

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a bag of them and a magnet switch conversion off of ebay, have extra pins and the magnet conversion really makes it run smooth!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A finishing nail works just cut it to size I've done it and worked great.

Check out your local hobby shop I picked up 4 2mm brass rods for $2.50. Enough for a life time, if I lose that many I need to quit.

VU Sponsors