Become a Patron!

Thaarr she blooowwwws!! (Dorian)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool pic, canes are a trip.

Cells are strafing the coast now, moving at 40-50 mph....and it's the first feeder way out from the storm...
They look like they are the second ring of moisture this thing is sucking in. Looks like NOAA is expecting the storm to turn north in 24 -36 hours.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Every time I look it looks like it's going to be less and less bad for Central Florida.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Damn, it barely looks like it's moving.
The shittiest kind of storm is one that just sits there and barely moves.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn, it barely looks like it's moving.
The shittiest kind of storm is one that just sits there and barely moves.
It looks like it has moved in a northerly direction in the last hour. If it continues that way it will be over deep water and weaken further.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
hey guys/gals. Sorry I was absent yesterday. Just finishing up preparations.
My goodness my heart cries for those in the bahamas. I can't even pretend to imagine the horrors there the past couple of days. Please do anything you can to contribute to them in the coming days/weeks/months. Reach out to friends and family and ask for their support as well. Regardless of differences ... our fellow men and women have been churned into the ground, ripped apart by wind and water, and faced more adversity in the past 48 hours than most of us will in an entire lifetime.

Dorian2019.jpg
(Catastrophic damage in the Northwest Bahamas from Hurricane Dorian. Image credit: Brandon Clement.)
Photo and text from www.wunderground.com
  • For a total of 36 hours, ending near 9 am EDT this morning, Dorian pummeled Grand Bahama Island while at major hurricane strength, with winds of 115 – 185 mph. During the first 14 hours of that period, Dorian was essentially stationary while at Category 5 strength. Damage on Grand Bahama and Great Abaco Island is going to be some of the most extreme ever seen from a hurricane--similar to what a 20-mile wide EF3 or EF4 tornado would do. Imagine what it would be like to endure a 14-hour period of Cat 5 winds accompanied by flying debris, the insane shriek of the wind, a 20-foot storm surge and 20+ inches of rain. The people that lived through it are going to need substantial mental health services to address their PTSD issues, not to mention a massive disaster relief response. Prayers for the people of The Bahamas!

And yes it "looks" as though we will be spared the worst. But no-1 is out of the woods yet. This thing is still going to bring destructive winds/rain/surge depending on how close it skirts the coast.

Last edited:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Batten down the hatches!

IMG_20190904_090438-2.jpg

Probably not necessary ... but just in case. We should start seeing tropical winds in the next couple of hours. Slight gusts already blowing leaves/foliage/twigs around, as evident by all the pine needles and sweet-gum-balls lying around.Typically these aren't all that dangerous. But I live around a bunch of old tall trees that like to disperse huge limbs in strong winds. Hoping to be spared large limbs on the roof like we got with Irma.

Continue to keep the Bahamas in your thoughts and prayers.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Batten down the hatches!

View attachment 145473

Probably not necessary ... but just in case. We should start seeing tropical winds in the next couple of hours. Slight gusts already blowing leaves/foliage/twigs around, as evident by all the pine needles and sweet-gum-balls lying around.Typically these aren't all that dangerous. But I live around a bunch of old tall trees that like to disperse huge limbs in strong winds. Hoping to be spared large limbs on the roof like we got with Irma.

Continue to keep the Bahamas in your thoughts and prayers.
Looks like it will stay offshore for you as well. All clear down south.
Never seen one that strong sit and spin for so long. Lots of people here are donating unused storm supplies to ship over to the Bahamas. God bless.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Looks like it will stay offshore for you as well. All clear down south.
Never seen one that strong sit and spin for so long. Lots of people here are donating unused storm supplies to ship over to the Bahamas. God bless.
Yes it seems to be staying JUST far off to not throw winds at Jax. And the bands seem to be skating all around us but never hit lol. So I'm sitting here watching 15/25 wind/gusts feeling ... I don't know ... this thing has me burnt out. I've never experienced (and really not many have considering this was the slowest moving hurricane in recorded history since the 1800's) such a looooong build-up.. Couple that with the heartbreak from the Bahamas and I'm just wiped out .... Still a few more hours of winds/gusts and still possibility of 30/40 winds. So I'm sure I'll have minor cleanup to do. Stay safe all

VU Sponsors