Become a Patron!

TFV8 v8-t8 dry hits (for no apparent reason!!)

So I I've been using both v8-t8 and q4 coils for quite a while, they're good but sometimes something weird happens...I get the coil, prime very thoroughly, place it in, fill up the tank and give it about 20 mins.
Now here's what happens mostly with the v8-t8, I seem to get this massive throat burn RIGHT AWAY. I know sometimes it burns at first until I regain the pressure inside the tank, then it's all good, but these few times, nope, it just stays burnt, even though THE FLAVOR IS GREAT(using ruthless 80vg with 3mg). now I have to assume it's a problem with the either the coil's build or the cotton but it's NEW!
PLEASE HELP :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you starting at low wattage and working your way upward? Those coils are over-rated as far as wattage, I always stay about 20 watts below what they have written on the coils.

Additionally, I'm not sure how a burnt coil has GREAT FLAVOR, as you mentioned.

It's not a burnt taste but just massive throat hits you know? the flavor is fine but it just burns my throat. and I always start at 50 watts which doesn't even produce vapor at that point and work it up to 60 and 70 then IF it's doing well I just vape it normally from 90 to 120

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried one of these coils, I had wicking issues as far as it slow to wick. Using 70vg / 30 pg juice. I didn't like it so I pumped it up to 80W to try and it burnt up instantly. That was after having it in for a day. From what I read, it seems like these coils are very inconstant. Just my opinion. I use the Q2/ 0.4 ohm now and they seem to work the best for me. I am still vaping below the recommended watts on the coil. Very overrated.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... so here's what I do...and yes I use the t8 on the baby beast (don't know what TFV8 you are using but this should work about the same way.)

I get the new coil and drip a few drops in each side hole till it doesn't absorb so quick anymore, then I drip some liquid in the top of the coils again till it doesn't absorb so quickly. I put the tank together and fill 'er up, put the tank on my mod and close the airflow almost all the way and suck on it without hitting the fire button till no more bubbles come up in the tank. Then I open my airflow up and take a few short puffs to test it. If its blowing little clouds then its good to go. :vino::vino:

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've noticed recently that when I take a puff while driving over some dry hits. This is only happening when it's super cold out and the car is not warmed up or when I fully the tank to high. I live in central NY so the cold temps are what they are so I started leaving a little more space when i fill these tanks. Leaving extra space while not ideal seems to do the trick. I've heard similar issues with the tfv4 as well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed recently that when I take a puff while driving over some dry hits. This is only happening when it's super cold out and the car is not warmed up or when I fully the tank to high. I live in central NY so the cold temps are what they are so I started leaving a little more space when i fill these tanks. Leaving extra space while not ideal seems to do the trick. I've heard similar issues with the tfv4 as well.
Indeed, cold temps equal thick juice, which doesn't flow-wick normally.

VU Sponsors