Become a Patron!

TFV8 t8v8 coil

so I just got the smok tfv8 tank and I'm using it on my koopor plus 200w mod-- I'm a little scared to push the mod as I never really used it over 60w. the koopor plus has temp control and I was told I need to be careful with it because there is a chance that my batteries could explode. I'm not a super hardcore vape person at this point so I'm just wondering if there's anything I should know I'm a little terrified of it. I keep trying to look up different reviews to see if I can find information but I don't know what to think of it. I'm currently using the tank at 80w, would it be better at a higher wattage and what should I set the temp as?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't use temp control with the smok coils. They are kanthol, and thus not supported by temp control on that mod.
As far as how high you can go, I stay within the recommended(Best) wattage range printed on the coil.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so I just got the smok tfv8 tank and I'm using it on my koopor plus 200w mod-- I'm a little scared to push the mod as I never really used it over 60w. the koopor plus has temp control and I was told I need to be careful with it because there is a chance that my batteries could explode. I'm not a super hardcore vape person at this point so I'm just wondering if there's anything I should know I'm a little terrified of it. I keep trying to look up different reviews to see if I can find information but I don't know what to think of it. I'm currently using the tank at 80w, would it be better at a higher wattage and what should I set the temp as?
the koopor is the same chip as the Smok Xcube II i have one its fine to run up ro around 140W make sure you have good batteries

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just remember, Smok overrates their coils. Start on the low side and walk it up.

You definitely want to slowly break the new coil in. On my TFV8, I usually run around 80w. But when I change my coil, I start as low as 20w for a few draws, and then bump it up 10 for a few more draws. That way you gradually work up to your desired wattage and it helps the coil last a little longer, rather than hammering it with 150w right off the bat, on a cold coil.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
So what you didn't say is what kind of battery you are using. That is really important information to help answer your question. The better the battery (both specs and quality), the safer it is.

Outside the battery itself, the Koopor is a regulated mod, and there are enough protections in regulated mods to keep them pretty bullet proof under most conditions. You should always be aware of what is happening with your mod, if it seems to be doing something weird, or it's suddenly too hot to hold, then stop whatever you're doing, because there is very likely something wrong.

HTH

VU Sponsors