Become a Patron!

TFV8 Problems

cheezesizzle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys. Just got my TFV8 in the mail today. So stoked to try it out on my new RX200s. Anyway, filled the tank up for the first time, let it sit for 15-20 mins. Airflow holes were closed. Opened them up after a while, and the flood gates opened up. Not sure what happened, kind of REALLY upset me. So i emptied the tank and cleaned it to make sure. All pieces were dry, so I re-assembled. Screwed the atty in, filled it back up, waited another 10-15 mins, and my mod read that there was an atomizer short. So I put in a new atomizer, filled it up, worked good. After that, took some chain vapes, and it got warm down at the airflow holes. Normal right? Have it at 90w. Just want to make sure thats normal. I did take about 5-6 nice toots from it in about a minute-30 seconds. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated guys.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RX200S is a mod that I don't own so I do not know it's specs/capabilities.
Normally I would research that before trying to answer your question but I see that you asked more than a full day ago and no one has tried yet.
I think we've all had it happen at least once where you get everything set up and ready to go, hit fire and the mod reports bad coil or something.
You then try that tank/coil setup on another mod and it works fine.
So that MAY be the case here but can't be certain.
As for the leaking, it sounds like after you cleaned and reassemble the leak issue was resolved.
Once you changed the coil the fact that it got warm, yes, that is normal.
These are rather large coils and it takes a lot of heat to get them going.
You didn't mention what particular coil leaked and what you changed to.
Just for logging purposes I am curious which coil did what.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys. Just got my TFV8 in the mail today. So stoked to try it out on my new RX200s. Anyway, filled the tank up for the first time, let it sit for 15-20 mins. Airflow holes were closed. Opened them up after a while, and the flood gates opened up. Not sure what happened, kind of REALLY upset me. So i emptied the tank and cleaned it to make sure. All pieces were dry, so I re-assembled. Screwed the atty in, filled it back up, waited another 10-15 mins, and my mod read that there was an atomizer short. So I put in a new atomizer, filled it up, worked good. After that, took some chain vapes, and it got warm down at the airflow holes. Normal right? Have it at 90w. Just want to make sure thats normal. I did take about 5-6 nice toots from it in about a minute-30 seconds. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated guys.
Yes, the atomizer bottom gets very hot, especially using the .15 T8 coils at high wattage...I don't chain vape it for this reason.

Keep an eye on the rubber seal at the end of the coils, some have the wire sticking out slightly, which causes leakage. I've noticed that on two T8 coils so far. The first leaked, until I tucked the wire under the seal-insulator.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While we're on the T-8 subject, anyone know what type of material the coils are made with?

I can't find any information whatsoever anywhere, even on the Smok website. I emailed Smok a week ago, no reply.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep an eye on the rubber seal at the end of the coils, some have the wire sticking out slightly, which causes leakage. I've noticed that on two T8 coils so far. The first leaked, until I tucked the wire under the seal-insulator.
A link to show

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While we're on the T-8 subject, anyone know what type of material the coils are made with?

I can't find any information whatsoever anywhere, even on the Smok website. I emailed Smok a week ago, no reply.
Since they ONLY mention wattages, I "assume" they are kanthal.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since they ONLY mention wattages, I "assume" they are kanthal.
That's what I figured, but it's really ODD the wire type is not mentioned anywhere, not even on the coils.

Thanks Para.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still love the hell out of this atty, the coils last for weeks, with the same great flavor...!

VU Sponsors