Become a Patron!

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anybody tried the tfv8 on a 50 watt? I haven't got it yet, but I went ahead and ordered a bunch of 26awg Kanthal since the coils on this thing apparently only just barely works with 50w, but that's just word of mouth to me as of yet. I got two 50w batteries the BEC pro by Smok and the Heatvape Invader mini which is also TC functional. I also bought some juggernaut coils and don't know if I'll be able to do TC with them or anything actually since I got but 50 watts.Must I rebuild all of the atomizers that come with the tfv8? Do I have the right awg Kanthal?etc...

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tfv8 has a rba deck so you can tailor the build to fit a 50 watt device. the stock coils will barely wake up at 50 watt but it could be done. just dont know if you would enjoy a weak vape. the tfv8 requires power or you'll need to wrap a custom coil at about .8 to 1.1 ohms

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you want to use premade coils I would have gone with the Atlantis EVO or the like, for a 50W mod
and if you wanted to build your own all the time, why not just get a RTA?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tfv8 has a rba deck so you can tailor the build to fit a 50 watt device. the stock coils will barely wake up at 50 watt but it could be done. just dont know if you would enjoy a weak vape. the tfv8 requires power or you'll need to wrap a custom coil at about .8 to 1.1 ohms
I don't have a jig and stuff. I'm a freehand coiler as of yet. I'll probably just use a 2/16 inch nail for wrapping or something like that. How many wraps might I need, or what would the best measurements be?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to use premade coils I would have gone with the Atlantis EVO or the like, for a 50W mod
and if you wanted to build your own all the time, why not just get a RTA?
The Cloud Beast looked too awesome to pass up. The extra atomizers, 6ml top fill, airflow and such. When I ordered it I was paying more attention to the name since I already got the BEC pro

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using the RBA is the right way to go with the TFV8 with limited power, but not with juggernaut coils, these are massive coil (just like the name implies).
Start with regular coils/twisted coils/single core claptons.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your Invader Mini pretty sure it only supports NI (nickel wire) in temp mod. If you want to run it in TC mode pick up some in a smaller roll.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using the RBA is the right way to go with the TFV8 with limited power, but not with juggernaut coils, these are massive coil (just like the name implies).
Start with regular coils/twisted coils/single core claptons.
Single core claptons do sounds like a really good Idea next time I splurge on premade coils. Nice..but it also sounds like I'll be doing nothing with these juggernauts for now. Might I still be able to use the factory installed coils on the RBA?.maybe if I were to unwrap them a little.?

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your Invader Mini pretty sure it only supports NI (nickel wire) in temp mod. If you want to run it in TC mode pick up some in a smaller roll.
I heard somewhere that stainless steel works good too..but I also heard that Nickel coils if heated wrong would produce poisonous toxins. Idk about stainless, but I haven't rushed to get any nickel coils yet. What do ya know about stainless?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a lot you guys. I could still use some suggestions for my coil builds with the 26awg Kanthal, but I've been scurrying around the internet for a good while pertaining to this issue. You guys are great..

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could I just take a couple wraps off of the factory installed coil on the rba to fit my 50w?

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard somewhere that stainless steel works good too..but I also heard that Nickel coils if heated wrong would produce poisonous toxins. Idk about stainless, but I haven't rushed to get any nickel coils yet. What do ya know about stainless?
What I use is mostly stainless steel can be used in watt or temp. (your mod must support ss) I actually have a roll of 26g ss316l using now. Using tornado nano double 8wrap 3mm reading at .2ohms running it on vt75 dna at 55watts. And there is couple different ss wire make sure using right one. IDK you can research anything and everything and always get different information. Safe or harmful you have to use your own judgement ni nickel 200 I have never used. Thats my choice not saying dont use not saying its ok. If and when possible I would invest in a better mod. Upgrade to something you can grow into with more options. Just saying

Last edited:

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I use is mostly stainless steel can be used in watt or temp. (your mod must support ss) I actually have a roll of 26g ss316l using now. Using tornado nano double 8wrap 3mm reading at .2ohms running it on vt75 dna at 55watts. And there is couple different ss wire make sure using right one. IDK you can research anything and everything and always get different information. Safe or harmful you have to use your own judgement ni nickel 200 I have never used. Thats my choice not saying dont use not saying its ok. If and when possible I would invest in a better mod. Upgrade to something you have grow into. Just saying
PS......Looked up your mod even v2 only supports ni 200 wire. Fires down to .1 - 1.0 ohms in tc mode and .16 - 2.0 ohms in normal or wattage mode. Lg he2 battery or samsung 20a 2500 mah I would recommend. And last we cant preach enough study up on ohms law if you haven't already. Hope this helps you.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could I just take a couple wraps off of the factory installed coil on the rba to fit my 50w?
in general it is best to either make your own for your current device or get a more powerful device to power them as they come. taking away wire will lower resistance which is not what you need to do for your current device.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
50 watts isn't gonna cut it for the TFV8. even with the RBA deck there is too much airflow IMO. You could look at a clieto which will give you good vapor at 50 watts but is really better at 65-70

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in general it is best to either make your own for your current device or get a more powerful device to power them as they come. taking away wire will lower resistance which is not what you need to do for your current device.
Alright then.. Good heads up. I guess i got coiling to do

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
PS......Looked up your mod even v2 only supports ni 200 wire. Fires down to .1 - 1.0 ohms in tc mode and .16 - 2.0 ohms in normal or wattage mode. Lg he2 battery or samsung 20a 2500 mah I would recommend. And last we cant preach enough study up on ohms law if you haven't already. Hope this helps you.
ohm's law doesn't come into play with a regulated device, yeah, a basic knowledge of it is good for anyone that vapes, but only mech users really need to deal with it

But does the invader mini really only have a 2Ω max?!? Being that low I'd only get a day or two out of my nautilus coils before they'd become useless on the device

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ohm's law doesn't come into play with a regulated device, yeah, a basic knowledge of it is good for anyone that vapes, but only mech users really need to deal with it

But does the invader mini really only have a 2Ω max?!? Being that low I'd only get a day or two out of my nautilus coils before they'd become useless on the device
True about mech users really need to study up on ohms law. Its still a good idea to read up on it. When I first got into vaping went to quite a few B@M. Every employee I spoke to said the same thing ohms law. So I tested them and asked what is ohms law. They all said its a app in my phone I said wow. Not familiar with nautilus but the invader will fire up to 2ohms. Thats not low thats high.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
True about mech users really need to study up on ohms law. Its still a good idea to read up on it. When I first got into vaping went to quite a few B@M. Every employee I spoke to said the same thing ohms law. So I tested them and asked what is ohms law. They all said its a app in my phone I said wow. Not familiar with nautilus but the invader will fire up to 2ohms. Thats not low thats high.
Lol guess ohms law didn't exist before smart phones

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Isn't the airflow adjustable?
Yes it is but the chamber is still large as is the drip tip air way so even restricting it won't give a great vape. On the other hand the tfv8 baby tank is great at 60 watts so can likely be used at 50 as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You really just need a better mod. You can get a 200w mod for under 50 bucks. That tank isn't ever going to be enjoyable at 50w. The premade coils won't even fire because your device won't fire below .16 you can't take wraps off the pre made RBA because the build is already too low to fire on your mod.
The only thing you can do is put a little micro coil setup in the RBA but even that is gonna need lots of energy to fill the large chamber and give you a lung hit your mods while capable of 50w will only do 50w on a 100% full battery if they can actually do 50 at all.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Q4 works beautifully on my Invader even at 30watts. All I got to do is keep it from leaking. Idk why the rba is giving me trouble but I'm sure I can fix it up proper somehow

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everyone above is correct. Like Nick said, you could do micro coil setup on the RBA that would work, but as SirRichard said, it has so much airflow that even with it adjusted down to almost closed the flavor will be so muted as to be non-existent and vapor production would be minimal at best.
as previously mentioned, you would be much better off with the TFV8 Baby Beast on those mods. Save the full size for use on an Alien or a Hexohm, etc.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Q4 works beautifully on my Invader even at 30watts. All I got to do is keep it from leaking. Idk why the rba is giving me trouble but I'm sure I can fix it up proper somehow
Just checking in with you hope is all good. Ohmie what promblems are you having with rba?

The Cloud Beast looked too awesome to pass up. The extra atomizers, 6ml top fill, airflow and such. When I ordered it I was paying more attention to the name since I already got the BEC pro

Well mods are so cheap these days, for about 35 bux you can get a good mod, probably for less than you paid for the Tfv8.
The Smok R200 a good mod, I'd put it up against my Sig or Tesla. So if you're going to spend that much on the tank, get a mod it will work beautifully with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just checking in with you hope is all good. Ohmie what promblems are you having with rba?
I think I had the positive and negative posts in backwards or something. I got it to work with some homemade Kanthal coils. I even wrapped some ss mesh around the cotton where it contacts the coils. The ss did however change the resistance or something and I had to switch from the Invader to the Bec pro.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
50W would be doable on the TFV8, but ONLY with the RBA deck, vaping on a high ohm coil. a 0.8 ohm dual coil setup of 26g A1 would probably work well. Try about 10 wraps around a 2.5mm bit, and see how that works out. I wouldn't go any higher than 26g though if you can only vape at 50W, as 24g and higher would require far too many wraps to ohm out above 0.8

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
50W would be doable on the TFV8, but ONLY with the RBA deck, vaping on a high ohm coil. a 0.8 ohm dual coil setup of 26g A1 would probably work well. Try about 10 wraps around a 2.5mm bit, and see how that works out. I wouldn't go any higher than 26g though if you can only vape at 50W, as 24g and higher would require far too many wraps to ohm out above 0.8

I have done a dual coil of 28g 316L in the TFV8 that came out at .53 to .56 . It works great and does so at wattages as low as 15 to 18 watts, depending on the VG/PG ratio and flavor profile of the liquid being used. I also use a single 26g 316L at about .9 ohms in the single coil RCA for the TFV4 and it performs similarly.
I built them this way because I am usually a low wattage vaper using liquids that 90% of the time are a 70/30 ratio, occasionally 80/20.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
50W would be doable on the TFV8, but ONLY with the RBA deck, vaping on a high ohm coil. a 0.8 ohm dual coil setup of 26g A1 would probably work well. Try about 10 wraps around a 2.5mm bit, and see how that works out. I wouldn't go any higher than 26g though if you can only vape at 50W, as 24g and higher would require far too many wraps to ohm out above k0.8
Maybe the Invader is particular to the q4 because it works best for me. But, any idea for installing ss mesh in the q4 without it leaking or burning whatever material that is in the metal walls? So far I've removed the wick from the q4 and haven't been able to reinstall it properly, so it leaks. I started tasting burnt wick the third day of using it and decided it needed some ss mesh around the coil but I can't seem to reinstall even the cotton tight enough for it not to leak.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Maybe the Invader is particular to the q4 because it works best for me. But, any idea for installing ss mesh in the q4 without it leaking or burning whatever material that is in the metal walls? So far I've removed the wick from the q4 and haven't been able to reinstall it properly, so it leaks. I started tasting burnt wick the third day of using it and decided it needed some ss mesh around the coil but I can't seem to reinstall even the cotton tight enough for it not to leak.
those coils aren't made to be rewicked or have anything installed with them.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen YouTube vids of rebuilding and residing the TFV8 coils with the single airflow hole in it, (I forget which they are code named), but never heard of anyone using mesh, just cotton wick.

VU Sponsors