Become a Patron!

TFV8 Big Baby Beast coils purchasing quick help

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Hi
I got confused by the differences between SMOK Baby Kit coils and SMOK Big Baby Beast coils, are those the same (compatibility).

1. SMOK V8 Baby-X4 coils .15ohm
2. SMOK V8 Baby-T6 Coil .2ohm
3. Smok TFV8 - T8 Baby Coils .15ohm

Some of them vendor stated:

Compatible With: SMOKTECH TFV8 BABY KIT

Some nothing, just listed.

So, all Baby coils are compatible with Baby Atomizer family?

I am already screwed up with RBA heads - I got SMOK G-Priv kit, which doesn't include RBA and already purchased RBA, but just now realized that I need extender glass tube (not included in the G Priv kit).
So I want to be sure.

Appreciate in advance.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
V8 is not the same as TFV8. Not interchangeable. The V8 is a stick mod. TFV8 is the baby beast tank. That's a weird site.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
V8 is not the same as TFV8. Not interchangeable. The V8 is a stick mod. TFV8 is the baby beast tank. That's a weird site.
That site has Baby RBA extension glass and it is clear and only $2.50. I am planning to get some coils there as convenience.
I know, I can get cheaper from China, including coils, but the shipping wait time is crazy.
V8 is actually the correct one, just in the context, not by itself, see picture below.

Any coil listed as baby will work in the baby and big baby. Smok calls all three tanks TFV8 but only the baby tanks and baby coils are interchangeable.

I hate that people interchanging Big Baby and Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast, to much confusion. I chatted with that site and they are confused as well.

This is from official SMOK shopping site

1490945249656.jpg

I have SMOK G Priv kit, which comes with Big Baby.

So, according to fraleywp, all pictured above will fit in my tank correct?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't use the term "V8", and stick with the description of "T8, T6, X4, Q2, etc, you will avoid some of the confusion. If you search for Baby, or Big Baby Beast coils, you will find the correct ones. Smok does not make it as simple as it could be...

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't use the term "V8", and stick with the description of "T8, T6, X4, Q2, etc, you will avoid some of the confusion. If you search for Baby, or Big Baby Beast coils, you will find the correct ones. Smok does not make it as simple as it could be...
True, but all of the coils the OP linked to are correct for their tank.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Last Question.

Does anyone (I presume fraleywp) has any experience with all those coils, which one is best for flavor? Especially from the optional?

If not, I will just flip the coin.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems most like the X4 best for flavor. I have used the T6 and I like those too.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I need to order coils for my Baby Beast. I currently have the Q2 .40 coil installed and it does will with flavor and vapor production.
I would like some feedback on the Q2 .60 coil, please? I have a vendor credit I'd like to use while they still have both in stock. Thanks.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Would someone please tell me the flavor and vapor production between the Q2 0.4 and the 0.6, please?

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not like the .6 not even close to the flavor of the .4 although Im lucky if I get 300 pulls off of a coil now. Needing a change every freaking 2 days!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I figured as much. I've been using the .4 and like it. The .2 was way to airy and lost the flavor. Speaking of flavor, I'm vaping Mr. Mistachio from Yeti. I thought I would get the rich flavor of pistachio but I'm not. I'm still at 18 nic so I know that has something to do with it. The coils reads 40-60w. I'm at 40 and still can't taste the nut. Wish I knew who had the best and richest pistachio flavor. But yes, .4 it is for me.

I did not like the .6 not even close to the flavor of the .4 although Im lucky if I get 300 pulls off of a coil now. Needing a change every freaking 2 days!!

Ok, I'm new to this, my last hardware purchase was years ago, a cleartomizer pen setup, so I just got the big baby tank, it's got the v4 coil with tne .15 resistance pre installed. I'm a little concerned about your reported coil life, I have the T200 Box mod, and just to be safe I did order replacement coils just today, but 300 pulls from a coil seems franky, well, horrible. I'm near that already and we I just started using it (we did have a party where that thing was passed around a good bit, so I don't think that level of use is going to be typical). So I guess what I'm asking is how will I be able to tell when the coil is going bad? I checked the resistance and it was still showing .15 last night.

Thanks in advance, and I am new to this, so if any of the above seems like something I should know, take that into account. Thanks!

Joe

When it starts tasting funky or bad.
Ok, thanks! Oh, and one more thing, I've noticed when it sits for a while, when I first fire it up, the coil often makes a fairly loud pop, after that it just does the standard sizzling sound. Made me a bit jumpy the first time it happened. I'm guessing this isn't a big concern? (I'm only using the power setting of about 40, so it's on the low end). Thanks again.

Joe

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, thanks! Oh, and one more thing, I've noticed when it sits for a while, when I first fire it up, the coil often makes a fairly loud pop, after that it just does the standard sizzling sound. Made me a bit jumpy the first time it happened. I'm guessing this isn't a big concern? (I'm only using the power setting of about 40, so it's on the low end). Thanks again.

Joe

Not much of a worry. When it sits, the cotton keeps soaking up the juice.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use T8 coils & Q2 coils, rotate between two big baby's and get 3 weeks out of each. How are people only getting a few days?! It just baffles me, they are damn expensive so if I got a few days I wouldn't be buying them!

gamecockfan04

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape around 60-65w on the q2 around 300 pulls a day and yes Im lucky to get 2 good days out of a coil.

I'm at about 350 pulls so far on the stock x4, I panicked when I read this and thought I should order some, so I have 5 coming :) But it's fine so far. I'll keep track and see how long mine lasts. I use it mostly at 40W or so.

Joe

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People seem to get different amounts but if I'm getting two weeks vaping at 70 watts then people are doing something wrong for sure!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh & btw the G-Priv is in my daily rotation, I freaking love the mod :) hope you are liking yours!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I vape my tesla nano steampunk at 70 watts though it hits way harder than my G-Priv. I have to turn it down like 20 watts.
For the price of $40.00 I was so fucking suprised how it performs!

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Howdy Humans,
Slightly off topic but here goes -
I'm new to the Big Baby Beast tanks. But I'm an old hand at tanks, RDTAs, and RBAs.
Everytime I put a new coil in a BBB (and I'm using the T6 coils) I load the coil in the base, prime the coil, install the coil in the tank, make damn sure the AFC ring is closed, put some juice in the tank, make sure the lid is actually fully closed, take a couple of primer pulls with no power, and then I let it sit for a spell. These are steps that have served me well with all my stock tanks and RBTAs.
When I finally vape on it I get one or two pulls and them the leaking begins. The Big Baby just wets itself and pees juice all over everything. Once I take it off the mod, clean it all up and then put it back on the mod everything seems to work just fine.
Help?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy Humans,
I'm new to the Big Baby Beast tanks. But I'm an old hand at tanks, RDTAs, and RBAs.
Everytime I put a new coil in a BBB (and I'm using the T6 coils) I load the coil in the base, prime the coil, install the coil in the tank, make damn sure the AFC ring is closed, put some juice in the tank, make sure the lid is actually fully closed, take a couple of primer pulls with no power, and then I let it sit for a spell. These are steps that have served me well with all my stock tanks and RBTAs.
When I finally vape on it I get one or two pulls and them the leaking begins. The Big Baby just wets itself and pees juice all over everything. Once I take it off the mod, clean it all up and then put it back on the mod everything seems to work just fine.
Help?

Does it leak with the RBA base installed? Might have to replace some O-rings. My Smok tanks (BB,BBB, TFV8) are one of the few tanks I have that don't leak. Maybe try to leave the top open when you open the AFC ring.

Howdy Humans,
Help?
I've been having the same problem with mine. My o-rings seem fine, I've changed coils a few times already. I am a vape newbie though. I am currently using an X4 coil, but also tried out the T6. I fxxked up 4/5 coils from a new pack trying to fix the wires where they obstruct the seal. I'm on my last coil and from day 1 it tasted like ish. Idk what I'm doing wrong here. I primed the crap out of em, even made pinholes in the cotton, and on the last one I thought I was finally figuring it out(X4 0.15ohm coil, 42-43 watts"Effects": normal, on the G-priv. But apparently not. Been a complete pain, most my hits have been harsh and slightly burnt tasting, or most recently, flavorless, or completely flooded, like e-juice all up in my mouth flooded. Not to mention that it's constantly leaking so badly out of the afc opening (which I have fixed time and time again) that it loosened one of the magnets on the battery cover and it comes off with the cover all the time now. I am very new to the vape world ( just got G priv kit Aug 31 2017), though, I'm pretty savvy and not a complete dummy. I have only smoked 1 1/2 cancer sticks since then(smoker for 15yrs only quit 1x for 6 months)! It's really hard not just giving up and smoking at this point... if anyone has tank/coil suggestions it would be much appreciated. Was thinking of learning to build and going rba/rdta. Any suggested tanks that will work with G-priv?oh and the e-liquid I've been using is Naked100 green blast 70/30 6mg which i don't like much, and their very berry 70/30 12mg I know it's high strength but it has been the only thing that takes the edge off when I'm really having WD.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been having the same problem with mine. My o-rings seem fine, I've changed coils a few times already. I am a vape newbie though. I am currently using an X4 coil, but also tried out the T6. I fxxked up 4/5 coils from a new pack trying to fix the wires where they obstruct the seal. I'm on my last coil and from day 1 it tasted like ish. Idk what I'm doing wrong here. I primed the crap out of em, even made pinholes in the cotton, and on the last one I thought I was finally figuring it out(X4 0.15ohm coil, 42-43 watts"Effects": normal, on the G-priv. But apparently not. Been a complete pain, most my hits have been harsh and slightly burnt tasting, or most recently, flavorless, or completely flooded, like e-juice all up in my mouth flooded. Not to mention that it's constantly leaking so badly out of the afc opening (which I have fixed time and time again) that it loosened one of the magnets on the battery cover and it comes off with the cover all the time now. I am very new to the vape world ( just got G priv kit Aug 31 2017), though, I'm pretty savvy and not a complete dummy. I have only smoked 1 1/2 cancer sticks since then(smoker for 15yrs only quit 1x for 6 months)! It's really hard not just giving up and smoking at this point... if anyone has tank/coil suggestions it would be much appreciated. Was thinking of learning to build and going rba/rdta. Any suggested tanks that will work with G-priv?oh and the e-liquid I've been using is Naked100 green blast 70/30 6mg which i don't like much, and their very berry 70/30 12mg I know it's high strength but it has been the only thing that takes the edge off when I'm really having WD.
I get alot of dry hits with mine so it's gathering dust now but haven't had wire stick out the coil. Sounds like they'd short!

I get alot of dry hits with mine so it's gathering dust now but haven't had wire stick out the coil. Sounds like they'd short!
As for tanks suggestions I'd say cleito with the rba :)
One wire end from each coil needs to be"tucked" back under the gasket on the bottom of coil core, otherwise it makes too large a gap for the little cap to push in and seal well, if that makes any sense. But even when I've done that, along with making sure afc is shut when filling, then turning upside down and opening afc, reclose,tilt right side up, then open, to regulate pressure, and taking a couple draws without firing, it still leaks like crazy. I should prob be in a forum for ranting because I'm just super pissed and bummed right now. Along with the leaks and "sorta" dry hits, it has been a complete pita to get the damn thing apart! I havent been able to change out my crappy tasting coil and finally couldnt take it anymore, so before sending the thing projectiling across the room and against a wall I caved and lit up a nasty cig from a leftover pack, ugh, after almost 2 months of not smoking, so disappointed in myself right now. Sorry for ranting everyone, just, yea :cry:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
One wire end from each coil needs to be"tucked" back under the gasket on the bottom of coil core, otherwise it makes too large a gap for the little cap to push in and seal well, if that makes any sense. But even when I've done that, along with making sure afc is shut when filling, then turning upside down and opening afc, reclose,tilt right side up, then open, to regulate pressure, and taking a couple draws without firing, it still leaks like crazy. I should prob be in a forum for ranting because I'm just super pissed and bummed right now. Along with the leaks and "sorta" dry hits, it has been a complete pita to get the damn thing apart! I havent been able to change out my crappy tasting coil and finally couldnt take it anymore, so before sending the thing projectiling across the room and against a wall I caved and lit up a nasty cig from a leftover pack, ugh, after almost 2 months of not smoking, so disappointed in myself right now. Sorry for ranting everyone, just, yea :cry:
When I replace my coil on my BBB, I screw it into the upper part of the tank first so it seals on the small white gasket. Lube one end of the glass and push it on the top part of the tank. Then I lube the bottom rib of the glass and screw on the bottom. be careful not to cross thread it. I have never had one leak when I do it this way. I fill it, take a few unpowered hits with the vent closed. I let it sit for about a half hour with the vent open. Set my mod to 25 watts and take a few hits. then I set to my normal wattage. Always works for me.
Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors