Become a Patron!

TFV12, do I really want it?

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm looking at a TFV12, plenty of great pros, 6 or 8ml, huge wattage range, nice refill.

The Q4 coil seems to be one rated for flavour, I'm currently using a TFV8 big baby beast, it to me, seems to lose flavour above about 75/80W.

If I want to move up in wattage but keep good flavour, would this tank and it's coil range be something you recommend?

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
So I'm looking at a TFV12, plenty of great pros, 6 or 8ml, huge wattage range, nice refill.

The Q4 coil seems to be one rated for flavour, I'm currently using a TFV8 big baby beast, it to me, seems to lose flavour above about 75/80W.

If I want to move up in wattage but keep good flavour, would this tank and it's coil range be something you recommend?
damn rite mate am looking at it myself the 8ml tfv prince just trying hard to find who will send to the tpd uk lol with no probs .

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Mark, just a suggestion, it seems Smok's way to achieve the 2ml goal is to put in oversized coils. Perhaps as two separate orders you could buy some ordinary coils, then the EU version of this kit, then swap the coils out later?

Other thing is, EU version of the 6ml, that will have a giant coil to limit it to 2ml, then find a replacement glass for the prince version?

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
hi bud i am now running the cleito sub with 5ml bulb all good now looking at the prince spec on smok
they have 2 versions our eu tpd 2ml version base 25.5 mm diameter
and the standard 6ml version 28mm diameter base i could be wrong but i think that extra bulb to make it 8ml only goes
on the standard 6ml having a 28 mm not 25.5mm base i hate the tpd :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've realised two things since I posted that.

All EU/Standard and King/Prince versions are all different sizes, so it's not just a matter of swapping your coils or glass to change your ml size, so hope anyone who reads this knows that now (25.5, 27, 28 and 26mm all different sizes, I didn't research I just read above so some of these may be wrong).

Also, the Prince is on pre-order at most places today for another month, so I've decided to go for a Silver TFV12 standard version, which I'm going to pair to a GX350 (Silver/Black).

I'm coming from a TFV8 Big Baby Beast which I vape between 50-80W depending on the coils, so I've decided to start at the Q4s for this tank, it's said to have the most flavour as well as have the lowest 'best' range starting at 90W which I think will be my go to probably 90-100Ws but let's see.

Due in 2-7 days (not business days), not sure if I can post where I bought it from(?) but if anyone's interested it cost $28.38 US which I thought was excellent value I've seen it sell for as high as $50 US.

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
nice one bud defo want one myself good price you got too. A site i was looking at had them for $47.00 and not in till november 20th.

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Mark, you sure that wasn't the Prince version? This is just the King version, 6ml. I liked the 8ml one, nicer orings (the orange isn't my favourite), also has a new locking system which looks good, the bulb style glass might be more prone to breaking because the top and bottom of the tank won't be wider to take the impact, otherwise sounds good (different coils too which is slightly annoying). But I'm in the market today so... Honestly, they're quite reasonably priced when it does get closer to launch I might pre-order it anyway.

Surprised they didn't release this tank in a kit (maybe they will release the Prince in a kit with one of their mods who knows, maybe it'll be a new mod they're waiting to release).

Happy to post the link to 'the' one I bought if I'm allowed to(?)

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
yeah it was the prince version 8ml hav'ent come across the king version yeah please post the link bud so i can take a look
i know smok are doing a full prince kit with the new smok mag witch looks cool :cool::cool::cool:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My big baby comes with an extension you screw to the top of it, I presume they'll do same with other beast tanks. You don't need a bigger glass :) it's easiest extension I've used! But yeah if you wanna vape above 80 watts definitely go for the tfv12 or even just the standard tfv8. Both are good. I mostly use my RTA now but they are really good tanks. The hype is definitely deserved :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi bud i am now running the cleito sub with 5ml bulb all good now looking at the prince spec on smok
they have 2 versions our eu tpd 2ml version base 25.5 mm diameter
and the standard 6ml version 28mm diameter base i could be wrong but i think that extra bulb to make it 8ml only goes
on the standard 6ml having a 28 mm not 25.5mm base i hate the tpd :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
The cleito with 0.4 coil imo is actually better than the baby beast imo and coils are cheaper! :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh also I live in the UK but a local shop I go too still does none TPD tanks so if anyone's stuck I will pick one up when I get paid & if the postage isn't too bad ill ship a tfv12 to you :) always happy to help people who have to put up with shitty 2ml!

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
cheers bud i'll follow u and let u know if i get stuck am on the cleito now i do like it but been trying the smok tanks and man the flavour
is a lot better but even at 50w that i vape 10 mins max and i fill a 2ml tank up again:devil::devil::devil::xD::xD::xD:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok tanks ALL suck. Every last one of em taste like crap.

The reason is simple; the coils are not stainless steel.

Buy a crown 3 if it's flavor you're after.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cheers bud i'll follow u and let u know if i get stuck am on the cleito now i do like it but been trying the smok tanks and man the flavour
is a lot better but even at 50w that i vape 10 mins max and i fill a 2ml tank up again:devil::devil::devil::xD::xD::xD:
I personally think the baby beast with X4 coil and the cleito with 0.4 are about on par. Get the big baby, that's what I did. Mine came with an extension plug that screws on to the top of the chimney and the top of the coil. I use x4 coils with the extension & it's such a good vape. I got my other big baby with my G-Priv though before the TPD but yeah 2ml sucks cos it's such a thirsty tank!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok tanks ALL suck. Every last one of em taste like crap.

The reason is simple; the coils are not stainless steel.

Buy a crown 3 if it's flavor you're after.
That's just your personal opinion. I love my crown tanks but love the baby beast too

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, well here's where I've put in a couple of orders these guys, just make sure you upgrade the shipping otherwise it will take eons.

Also I bought Silver, there's a 10 dollar premium for rainbow, others seem to be slightly more expensive depending on colour.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3006/10007487/6730000
One of the most reliable online retailers but takes so freaking long to deliver stuff.
I just go to my local, they cost more but waiting sucks

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just your personal opinion. I love my crown tanks but love the baby beast too

Yes... it's a forum. The OP asked for opinions; it's what we do here.
And quite frankly, I would seriously question the 'taste' of anyone who would put Kanthal flavor in the same league as stainless.

It's not even close. Stainless steel coils simply have much better flavor than Kanthal coils.
That was the OP's question.

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, well I have ordered from them, but I cancelled the order because the shipping time was something like 20 business days and I got bored.

They also have a bad habit of letting you buy all sorts of things and if one of them isn't in stock, they'll wait, and wait and wait, ect (that's how I cancelled my order it never shipped.

This time, every item was in stock or next day, so I bought Wednesday night and it's shipped on Friday, so it now has another 1-6 days until it arrives, there might be some nonsense since I won't be home, so we'll see what happens.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes... it's a forum. The OP asked for opinions; it's what we do here.
And quite frankly, I would seriously question the 'taste' of anyone who would put Kanthal flavor in the same league as stainless.

It's not even close. Stainless steel coils simply have much better flavor than Kanthal coils.
That was the OP's question.
That's just your opinion, your acting like it's fact when it's not. I much prefer kanthal an power curves too TC. Many people do.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, well I have ordered from them, but I cancelled the order because the shipping time was something like 20 business days and I got bored.

They also have a bad habit of letting you buy all sorts of things and if one of them isn't in stock, they'll wait, and wait and wait, ect (that's how I cancelled my order it never shipped.

This time, every item was in stock or next day, so I bought Wednesday night and it's shipped on Friday, so it now has another 1-6 days until it arrives, there might be some nonsense since I won't be home, so we'll see what happens.
Hope it doesn't take too long!

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gents, gents, everyone has their own opinion, obviously HellCat prefers SS coils over Kanthal versions, in his opinion, they produce better flavour. Power to you.

The question 'was' do I want it, and based on the criteria, alternative options were what I was looking for, but I ordered before many were given, so, listen if they're this cheap and it doesn't work out, it doesn't bother me I'll just buy another one... I doubt it won't work out though.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gents, gents, everyone has their own opinion, obviously HellCat prefers SS coils over Kanthal versions, in his opinion, they produce better flavour. Power to you.

The question 'was' do I want it, and based on the criteria, alternative options were what I was looking for, but I ordered before many were given, so, listen if they're this cheap and it doesn't work out, it doesn't bother me I'll just buy another one... I doubt it won't work out though.
I'm not arguing with him dude :) I'm just stating that he was acting like it's fact.

anyway... I hope you enjoy your purchase! Much like yourself I tried alot of things but always go back to my cleito cos can't be bothered tinkering with rtas/rdas etc...

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just your opinion, your acting like it's fact when it's not.
I much prefer kanthal an power curves too TC. Many people do.
I didn't say anything about TC. I said stainless steel coils taste better than kanthal coils.
And they do... The difference is quite noticeable.;)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't say anything about TC. I said stainless steel coils taste better than kanthal coils.
And they do... The difference is quite noticeable.;)
Sorry dude misunderstood. I see what you mean. Your just on about the material.
Yeah I have some in one of my tanks and it is great flavour :)

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad we're able* to agree to disagree on what produces good flavour, vape and enjoy people.

Received 10 coils for my TFV8 Big Baby Beast, 5xV8-Q2 + 5xV8-T8, tomorrow the TFV12 comes. In preparation moved up to 70/75W on a V8-T8*, better flavour than I remember and a stronger hit (over the 52/54W I was using on a worn out Q2).

Will report back on the TFV12 tomorrow, looking forward to it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad we're able* to agree to disagree on what produces good flavour, vape and enjoy people.

Received 10 coils for my TFV8 Big Baby Beast, 5xV8-Q2 + 5xV8-T8, tomorrow the TFV12 comes. In preparation moved up to 70/75W on a V8-T8*, better flavour than I remember and a stronger hit (over the 52/54W I was using on a worn out Q2).

Will report back on the TFV12 tomorrow, looking forward to it.
The T8 coil gives a mixture of good flavour and clouds. The tfv12 and tfv8 both cloud beasts imo are better than the baby beast though. Your gonna love it :)

I just bought the TFV12 King and I don't like it. It has great airflow as I am using the Q4 single coil. The draw is very loose, even with the air vents 1/4 way open, but some like that super free flow draw. I have been vaping all day and comparing it to my NRG with baby beast M2 coil and there is no comparison to flavor (Coil Sauce Holy Milk 70/30, 3mg). The flavor is so much denser than the TFV and I get better vapor production too. The TFV hits the lungs so much harder with 3mg juice, but that's not for me. I was never a smoker, except cigars. I maybe doing something wrong.

Update....I just got a horrendous dry hit from the Q4 coil in the King....yuck.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the TFV12 King and I don't like it. It has great airflow as I am using the Q4 single coil. The draw is very loose, even with the air vents 1/4 way open, but some like that super free flow draw. I have been vaping all day and comparing it to my NRG with baby beast M2 coil and there is no comparison to flavor (Coil Sauce Holy Milk 70/30, 3mg). The flavor is so much denser than the TFV and I get better vapor production too. The TFV hits the lungs so much harder with 3mg juice, but that's not for me. I was never a smoker, except cigars. I maybe doing something wrong.

Update....I just got a horrendous dry hit from the Q4 coil in the King....yuck.
It's not for everyone! I prefer the tfv12 prince cos has better flavour and doesn't need as much power

markdouglas1975

Member For 4 Years
soz people been off a bit i like the prince with q4 70w coils .
but people please please please try this
the blitzen it is out of this world for flavour yes its an rta make your on coils but trust me it is
good very good.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
soz people been off a bit i like the prince with q4 70w coils .
but people please please please try this
the blitzen it is out of this world for flavour yes its an rta make your on coils but trust me it is
good very good.
I've recently switched to the Q4 coil and they seem to last longer than others an have better flavour. Was using the X6 before this and they were just burning out.

I don't use RTA'S anymore otherwise I'd look into it

VU Sponsors