Become a Patron!

TFV 16 Leaking

Hello, I have been vaping for around 3 years now and have gone through a few mods. My current setup is a TFV16 tank on a Smok Majesty. As of recent my mod has been leaking for an unknown reason. I have quadruple checked for crossthreading and even replaced the triple mesh coil. I have rarely had issues in relation to leaking but I am using my back-up glass for it but have done so for around 6 months. The o-rings show no rips or damage in general. When the leaking happens it doesnt happen initially, instead it tends to soak up and then bottom out through the air flow. Any ideas on the issue? Thanks in advance.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello, I have been vaping for around 3 years now and have gone through a few mods. My current setup is a TFV16 tank on a Smok Majesty. As of recent my mod has been leaking for an unknown reason. I have quadruple checked for crossthreading and even replaced the triple mesh coil. I have rarely had issues in relation to leaking but I am using my back-up glass for it but have done so for around 6 months. The o-rings show no rips or damage in general. When the leaking happens it doesnt happen initially, instead it tends to soak up and then bottom out through the air flow. Any ideas on the issue? Thanks in advance.

My standard response to this is to always burp the tank when you put liquid in it. I had that same issue first time I filled the TFV16, but haven't had it since, if I always fill it this way.

Close airflow. Open top and fill liquid. Close top. Turn tank upside down for a few seconds. Open airflow. Slowly turn tank right-side up and reattach to mod. Immediately vape it for at least a couple of minutes, five or six draws minimum, to set vacuum up properly.

Hope it helps.

My standard response to this is to always burp the tank when you put liquid in it. I had that same issue first time I filled the TFV16, but haven't had it since, if I always fill it this way.

Close airflow. Open top and fill liquid. Close top. Turn tank upside down for a few seconds. Open airflow. Slowly turn tank right-side up and reattach to mod. Immediately vape it for at least a couple of minutes, five or six draws minimum, to set vacuum up properly.

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much. It hasn't leaked and has gone back to hitting normally. Appreciate the quick response!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine's given me no trouble at all. It's a little scary filling it to the top. It holds so much liquid. I've had old TFV12 CBKs dump out on me. I expected maybe something similar from this new beastly tank with giant coil heads. It hasn't even hinted at leaking for me. I've forgotten about it a few times for days. It's always held onto all of its liquid. I've always just filled my tanks quickly without doing anything else.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mine's given me no trouble at all. It's a little scary filling it to the top. It holds so much liquid. I've had old TFV12 CBKs dump out on me. I expected maybe something similar from this new beastly tank with giant coil heads. It hasn't even hinted at leaking for me. I've forgotten about it a few times for days. It's always held onto all of its liquid. I've always just filled my tanks quickly without doing anything else.
Hi. You know with the dual mesh it only holds 6.8 ml and not 9 ml. Only the slimmer .17 single allows it to fill to the brim 9ml.
On the double too because you dont go below the horizontal wick ports your only refilling about 5 ml each time. Its juice capacity with the dual is not much more than any other bubble glass tank. Great tank though.

VU Sponsors