Become a Patron!

TFA sweetener and Malic acid?

Hey everyone, I have a few questions on how people use their sweetener and sour additives and if they can be used together. I have both, and most of my recipes I'll use 1% sweetener just to bring out the flavor a bit more and for candy type flavors I'll use roughly .5% just because anymore, and I've found it dulls my juice. My question is, can they both be used together in a recipe in a way they will both complement eachother. For example, I'm working on a mandarin and cream recipe, I want to add sweetener to help add to the sweetness, but also add sour to bring out the mandarin. My previous experience using both at the same time tended to add a dulling effect. Anyone's experience on using both at the same time? Does one get used in a higher percentage then the other? What's the best way to get them to complement eachother? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
As much as I like real food/drink with Sucralose, I don't like the way it tastes vaped. I use sweet flavorings to do the job instead.
I'm one of the unfortunates apparently immune to malic and citric acid when vaped, too. So I use tart flavorings instead.
Certainly they can be combined and preserve both effects! The balance of one versus the other is totally personal preference.

dannydestroy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bring up the flavor with other flavors that complement. EM use sparingly. Sour,wizard,smooth. They have a place but whatever you think is the % cut it in half.

VU Sponsors