TFA Malt

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Malt or Malted Milk? I've got Malted Milk. I have no idea what to do with it.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've only tried it, haven't done much with it other than that. It doesn't taste very malty to me. I was looking for more of the center of a whopper's candy taste or like a malted milkshake, but no go.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using it (in a pinch).

I was pretty much brand-new to mixing more than one flavor, so I mixed it at 10% TFA Strawberry (Ripe) and 10% TFA Malted Milk.

I was hoping for a strawberry malt, but at that percentage it just mellowed out the Strawberry (Ripe) and gave a *slight* dairy taste to it. I'm sure if I mixed it at a lower percentage it would be better.

I prefer 10% TFA Strawberry (Ripe) and 3.33% TFA Whipped Cream (my second batch of this. The first was 10%/10% flavors, and not as good).

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been working on TFA's malted milk, and just can't seem to hit it right. I get the dairy, but not the malt flavor. I have tried it with several fruits, a several vanillas, and even a couple chocolates. Maybe one day I will hit the sweet spot lol.

Oh, and a fun factoid. My best buddy works for the Hershey company (and the Leaf candy company before that). He makes Whoppers. He has helped with the creation of, and tasted the batches, of millions of pounds of Whoppers, even though he secretly hates them. Thanks for the sweets JB!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
malted milk is kinda meh. I use it in pink milk.sometimes I leave it out . think low with malted milk . .5-2% max. not the greatest flavor but you can make it work sometimes lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've only tried it, haven't done much with it other than that. It doesn't taste very malty to me. I was looking for more of the center of a whopper's candy taste or like a malted milkshake, but no go.

not my recipe but have tried it and its close enough Im sure you could cut the flavoring in half or down at least if you wanted to

Whoppers

5% capellas double chocolate
10% TFA double chocolate
3.5% capellas vanilla custard
2% TFA marshmallow
1.5% TFA malted milk
1.5% TFA cotton candy

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Addition of hint of AP may help the Malt flavor..... but go easy, LOW % !!!!!
just a thought...........

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of topic, sorry Huck. I think I'm usually off topic unless it comes to supplies. Anyhow, has anyone ever tired Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream? I'm not a Whoppers fan, but this stuff is amazing!!! Someone should definitely try to clone that recipe into a vape.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of topic, sorry Huck. I think I'm usually off topic unless it comes to supplies. Anyhow, has anyone ever tired Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream? I'm not a Whoppers fan, but this stuff is amazing!!! Someone should definitely try to clone that recipe into a vape.

Link?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I liked it for a strawberry malt. I think I used FA Vanilla Classic, probably Capella's Sweet Strawberry, and a generous lot of TFA Malted Milk.

If you want a stronger malty-light-chocolate flavor to play with, Inawera Nougat might be one for you. It's NOT one to use standalone. It definitely needs help with the chocolate bit, but it reminded me some of the fluffy goop in a Mars bar.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I like that idea@fluffy goop of Mars bar...I'll try it, thanks :)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ecigexpress has NF Organic Chocolate Malt on sale for $2.49. Anyone tried this yet?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ecigexpress has NF Organic Chocolate Malt on sale for $2.49. Anyone tried this yet?

I used that one a very long time ago. It sat for a long time before it reminded me even remotely of its given name, probably because the diacetyl gives me a weird reaction. The non-creamy NF Organics worked for me a much better than their creamy ones! (psst, get their Ginger - mmm)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got Ginger in the cart....

Any other must-haves?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Got Ginger in the cart....
Any other must-haves?

Their Kona Cream has a rabid fan following. I used to love that stuff standalone, despite the diacetyl. It's one of those love/hate flavors; you'll know right away. It's very creamy and smooth, mildly sweet, caramel-tasting coffee, extra smooth, very distinctive and smooth.

Do they still make their Carrot Cake? It's very much a carrot flavor (and not much else, imo), but I successfully added other flavors to produce a great carrot cake with it. It's the only carrot flavor I ever found, and who can make carrot cake without that, lol.

Oh - their peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen - are the sweetest versions you'll find, without 'coolness', and fairly creamy. I prefer others, but if you want sweet without cool, those are them.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heads up. TFA now has a Double Malt flavor and NF Organics makes a Chocolate Malt that someone reviewed as quite "malty" in taste, with little noticeable chocolate.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heads up. TFA now has a Double Malt flavor and NF Organics makes a Chocolate Malt that someone reviewed as quite "malty" in taste, with little noticeable chocolate.
I must get both!!!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the NF Chocolate Malt in the mail today. I wanted to leave a post about it. It's got a mild sweet mocha note with a medium malt flavor, much stronger than the Malted Milk malt note, but still not very strong.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, ok. Well thanks for the update flowerpots. The concoction I made the other day isn't bad, just not the "malted" flavor I hoped for. I'm 2 for 2 with this flavor. It's just not malted, but the one I made is good, still. Gonna post in the recipes in a minute.

I wonder if the 2 combined would do it? And maybe I'm not using it at the right %, either. I used it at 7% this time, which is quite high for what I'm used to. Maybe I need to go to some crazy high percentage. If that's the case, I'll just forget about it...... hate that.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, ok. Well thanks for the update flowerpots. The concoction I made the other day isn't bad, just not the "malted" flavor I hoped for. I'm 2 for 2 with this flavor. It's just not malted, but the one I made is good, still. Gonna post in the recipes in a minute.

I wonder if the 2 combined would do it? And maybe I'm not using it at the right %, either. I used it at 7% this time, which is quite high for what I'm used to. Maybe I need to go to some crazy high percentage. If that's the case, I'll just forget about it...... hate that.

I'm not sure what % is good for the Malted Milk. I have only taste tested it so far. But, the Chocolate Malt is definitely stronger, it just lacks that creaminess that the Malted Milk has, so I'm not sure that you could always use the two interchangeably. If you combined the two, that would probably work well, though. It would cut the mocha note and add the creamy note, plus increase the overall malt flavor.

VU Sponsors