Become a Patron!

TFA Fruit Circles and Berry Crunch, please advise

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so Im experimenting with some cereal flavors. When I use Fruit Circles to compliment (TFA) Berry Crunch it seems that (TFA) Fruit Circles almost take over my blend. I have Berry Crunch at 3% and added 2 drops per ml of Fruit Circles and its strong. Will the Berry Crunch come out more over time or should I raise the %? I also thought about adding a cream but not sure what effect if any that would have on the fruit circles.

Dirty Goat

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A good starting point for berry crunch is 10-15%
Fruit Circles is 1-2%
I have a lot of TFA flavors in bottles as single flavors ready to vape.
When I fill my tank I will mix half of this with half of that to get a new flavor
So, I suggest you make a bottle of Fruit Circles at 1%, and a bottle of Berry Crunch at 10% and then fill your tank with some of each until you get the flavor you seek.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go the opposite way combining these, using more Fruit Circles than Berry Crunch, but using lower percentages. To answer your original question - yes, the Fruit Circles mellow out after time.

I'm also experimenting with FA Cookie for more of the actual sweet cereal flavor, and with some creams to get milkiness - not far enough down the research road to provide much useful feedback on which creams or how much yet....have you checked out the cereal thread?

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, that makes great sense. In your experience does the Fruit Circles mellow out any over time(steep)? I ask cause another blend will need steeping cause of the (CAP) Van Cust.

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I go the opposite way combining these, using more Fruit Circles than Berry Crunch, but using lower percentages. To answer your original question - yes, the Fruit Circles mellow out after time.

I'm also experimenting with FA Cookie for more of the actual sweet cereal flavor, and with some creams to get milkiness - not far enough down the research road to provide much useful feedback on which creams or how much yet....have you checked out the cereal thread?

See thats why I ask because I could have never seen using more Fruit Circles than Berry Crunch. I wasnt a huge fan of Kilo's Cereal Milk. I thought it was a little strong for me. Dont get me wrong the undertones are amazing. But I like more of the plain Capt. Crunch with a handful of Trix thrown in. (if that makes any sense) I too keep reading about using Sugar cookie to get that flavor! Thanks for the tips

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See thats why I ask because I could have never seen using more Fruit Circles than Berry Crunch. I wasnt a huge fan of Kilo's Cereal Milk. I thought it was a little strong for me. Dont get me wrong the undertones are amazing. But I like more of the plain Capt. Crunch with a handful of Trix thrown in. (if that makes any sense) I too keep reading about using Sugar cookie to get that flavor! Thanks for the tips
I just wasn't a fan of Berry Crunch when I tried it standalone, so I'm using it at 3% with Fruit Circles at 6% - I'm finding that even after an hour's hot water bath it's still taking a week or so for the aggressive lemony flavor to calm down, so I'll likely cut my next batch down to 4-5%.

For FA Cookie (not sure about Sugar Cookie, which I think is a TFA), I'm only at about 1-1.5% and it's also helping mellow the Fruit Circles/round out the "cerealiness." Now I just need to get the milk right without involving one of the "bad" flavors...

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just wasn't a fan of Berry Crunch when I tried it standalone, so I'm using it at 3% with Fruit Circles at 6% - I'm finding that even after an hour's hot water bath it's still taking a week or so for the aggressive lemony flavor to calm down, so I'll likely cut my next batch down to 4-5%.

For FA Cookie (not sure about Sugar Cookie, which I think is a TFA), I'm only at about 1-1.5% and it's also helping mellow the Fruit Circles/round out the "cerealiness." Now I just need to get the milk right without involving one of the "bad" flavors...

I have seen some videos of some DIYers using the Capella Sugar Cookie in non-cereal recipes but I havent done enough reading on it yet. If I remember right they used it in a custard/cream recipe.
http://capellaflavordrops.com/SugarCookieFlavorConcentrate.aspx

I will make a sample batch with the higher Fruit Circles and put it up for a while. Even though its strong lemon, it isnt a bad lemon taste IMO. I havent tried Crunch Berries by itself but I could see why it would be "boring". I do have something steeping with Crunch Berries/Van Cust./Ripe Strawberry. I will let you know in a week or so how thats coming

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anytime I mixed fruit circles and vape right away it's strong lemon, but everyday that passes it gets more mellow. I only use 2.5% fc in my fruit loop mix and let it sit for 24 hours and it is not as strong

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tfa on wizard labs has trix aka silly rabit flavor, out now.. Still waiting for fruity pebbles,.. Flavor envy has it tho May try it out

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tfa on wizard labs has trix aka silly rabit flavor, out now.. Still waiting for fruity pebbles,.. Flavor envy has it tho May try it out

Have you tried their Trix? Wondering if its more cereal or fruit.

Nate04STi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tried Silly Rabbit and it is definitely more fruity than cereal at first taste. Gonna give it a couple days to see how it comes out.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The trix could probably be a part of the recipe that includes the classic cereal base (FA meringue, FW yellow cake, FW hazelnut) to give it that grainy sugary grain flavor. Maybe start there, add the trix, and supplement the fruitiness with fruit flavors as needed

VU Sponsors