Become a Patron!

TFA Authenticity check

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Hi guys,
So i got these like 16 bottles of TFA Essence that i bought from local reseller. The seller said it's re-packaged and today i received the stuff, sealed.

But i believe it's always good to do checking before, so can i ask anyone here a favor?

Can you take a picture of these flavor below, if you have it/them:

1.bubblegum
2.cappucino
3.cheese cake
4.expresso
5.honeydew
6.irish cream
7.kiwi
8.lychee*
9.milk
10.orange mandarin
11.peach
12.peanut butter
13.mango ripe
14.strawberry ripe
15.blueberry
16.vanilla

I don't want to check the authenticity by giving it a taste since it means that i will be breaking the seals and can not return them.

Thank you in advance :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you take a picture of these flavor below, if you have it/them:

I don't want to check the authenticity by giving it a taste since it means that i will be breaking the seals and can not return them.

Please explain how our taking a picture proves or disproves what you have is authentic. :confused:

Thanks

Ron

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Please explain how our taking a picture proves or disproves what you have is authentic. :confused:

Thanks

Ron
It might not, but if the picture is different (some mine have colors and previous tfa i bought from more trustworthy seller did have color, sometimes bit pale sometimes quite dark) then most probably is not authentic

Thank you for the reply anyway :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i understand that. I can't say i trust the vendor yet, thus the 'gambling'

Thanks! :)

How long has this vendor been around?
Any feedback or comments online?
Vendors that are bad usually won't last very long once their reputation has been tarnished.
Just some things to consider.
Luckily around here we get lots of feedback about the various vendors to choose from.
So far most are pretty good IMO.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
How long has this vendor been around?
Any feedback or comments online?
Vendors that are bad usually won't last very long once their reputation has been tarnished.
Just some things to consider.
Luckily around here we get lots of feedback about the various vendors to choose from.
So far most are pretty good IMO.

Hi, they're relatively new, probably just couple months, and since it's on the marketplace (kind of local amazon/ebay/alibaba) stuff most review there are only about the shipping or just a simple comment of thanks. So far i found no obviously negative review (thus the purchasing of those amount mentioned), but then again i have no offline connection to prove this and currently have no stock or previous experience of the same exact flavor to compare.

Thanks!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It might not, but if the picture is different (some mine have colors and previous tfa i bought from more trustworthy seller did have color, sometimes bit pale sometimes quite dark) then most probably is not authentic

Thank you for the reply anyway :)

All 16 flavors you bought are suspect? :eek:

The 3 flavors I have on your list are at least 3 years old. Even with the difference in lighting with any posted photos; Not good for color comparison. Plus mine were also rebottled (By WL) so authenticity can't be absolutely guaranteed.

You probably would have better luck posting pictures of what you have and ask for opinions....

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
All 16 flavors you bought are suspect? :eek:

The 3 flavors I have on your list are at least 3 years old. Even with the difference in lighting with any posted photos; Not good for color comparison. Plus mine were also rebottled (By WL) so authenticity can't be absolutely guaranteed.

You probably would have better luck posting pictures of what you have and ask for opinions....

Sadly? Yes, hahahahah
Well i 'gambled' here and there from time to time.

Posting the picture now, please excuse the bubble wrap, i intend to keep it just in case i can prove something and able to return them.

Thanks!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi, they're relatively new, probably just couple months, and since it's on the marketplace (kind of local amazon/ebay/alibaba) stuff most review there are only about the shipping or just a simple comment of thanks. So far i found no obviously negative review (thus the purchasing of those amount mentioned), but then again i have no offline connection to prove this and currently have no stock or previous experience of the same exact flavor to compare.

Thanks!

As you've probably noticed, the flavors are different colors, don't panic as it's normal:D.
Some may even get darker over time.
Clear flavors usually tend to be less offensive to coils and wicks...
I'd just recommend diving in otherwise it will just drive you crazy:crazy:

Don't be to shocked if the TFA Cheese Cake tastes crappy, TFA Cheesecake Graham is way better IMO.
TFA Blueberry is usually called either Wild Blueberry or Blueberry Extra and they are slightly different.
TFA Vanilla could be French Vanilla, French Vanilla Cream, or Vanilla Swirl, (btw TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is yummy one)
TFA Milk is usually called DX Milk or Dairy Milk, at least at BCF anyway, and they too are different.
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/search.php?search_query=Milk

You must be in OZ judging by your avatar.
Harder to get vape supplies and flavors there I suppose.
At least without costing an arm and a leg.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I highly doubt anyone who wanted to stay in business longer than 2 weeks would put anything other than whats labeled in the bottle and highly doubt its diluted. PG cost money also so diluting something that cost a couple pennies to begin with in bulk is kinda useless when you think about the extra time spent. time = money.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
As you've probably noticed, the flavors are different colors, don't panic as it's normal:D.
Some may even get darker over time.
Clear flavors usually tend to be less offensive to coils and wicks...
I'd just recommend diving in otherwise it will just drive you crazy:crazy:

Don't be to shocked if the TFA Cheese Cake tastes crappy, TFA Cheesecake Graham is way better IMO.
TFA Blueberry is usually called either Wild Blueberry or Blueberry Extra and they are slightly different.
TFA Vanilla could be French Vanilla, French Vanilla Cream, or Vanilla Swirl, (btw TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is yummy one)
TFA Milk is usually called DX Milk or Dairy Milk, at least at BCF anyway, and they too are different.
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/search.php?search_query=Milk

You must be in OZ judging by your avatar.
Harder to get vape supplies and flavors there I suppose.
At least without costing an arm and a leg.

Hi Heabob, thank you for taking time to give this long explanation.
So some vendor/supplier do rename their stuff also (i mean not completely renaming but not also faithfully following the TFA's naming) ?

I'm not from OZ, just someone who loves koala..hahahah
I did have some regular DIY supplier here, some have very good reputation amongst local diy-ers/brewer, but this time i gambled to try a new one since they gave this intriguing new bargain...thus all this anxiousness

Thanks!

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
I highly doubt anyone who wanted to stay in business longer than 2 weeks would put anything other than whats labeled in the bottle and highly doubt its diluted. PG cost money also so diluting something that cost a couple pennies to begin with in bulk is kinda useless when you think about the extra time spent. time = money.

Completely agree with this logic, but then again, some people are...you know...unique :D

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Good point. Having a a full-time mixer in protective gear (or self/ owner) diluting ingredients would be foolish.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not from OZ, just someone who loves koala..hahahah
I did have some regular DIY supplier here, some have very good reputation amongst local diy-ers/brewer, but this time i gambled to try a new one since they gave this intriguing new bargain...thus all this anxiousness

Oh, I thought maybe you picked them because of restrictions in certain places.
I try to stick with well known vendors so I know what exactly I'm getting.
Obviously you've bought from more popular vendors before then.

But If vendors are re-bottling name brands, re-naming them is a no no IMO.
I'd stick with the places that at least use the correct names of the flavors in the future, but that's just me.
What's in a name does make a difference:D.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Oh, I thought maybe you picked them because of restrictions in certain places.
I try to stick with well known vendors so I know what exactly I'm getting.
Obviously you've bought from more popular vendors before then.

But If vendors are re-bottling name brands, re-naming them is a no no IMO.
I'd stick with the places that at least use the correct names of the flavors in the future, but that's just me.
What's in a name does make a difference:D.

Thanks! A lesson learnt. :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than the order I got from FA Italy, every flavor I own has been rebottled which is about 150 of them. Only one of them was a problem, it was TFA Strawberry and it was off. The vendor sent me a new one and it was fine. That's a pretty damn good success rate. I've dealt with the same two vendors and I've come to trust them. I believe in sticking with people you trust, even if it might cost a bit more.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Other than the order I got from FA Italy, every flavor I own has been rebottled which is about 150 of them. Only one of them was a problem, it was TFA Strawberry and it was off. The vendor sent me a new one and it was fine. That's a pretty damn good success rate. I've dealt with the same two vendors and I've come to trust them. I believe in sticking with people you trust, even if it might cost a bit more.

I had some of mine but yeah this time i did my gambling

Anyway, will give them all a taste test this weekend, wish me luck?

Thanks!

VU Sponsors