Become a Patron!

Testing OHMS on eleaf 50w?

Hey guys! I just started building/going head on into vaping and was wondering - I have a cheap multimeter (I dont trust is in the small increments that vaping warrants) But I do have an Eleaf 50W coming in the mail on monday - Can I trust the eleaf to accurately tell me my resistances or do I need to invest in an expensive multimeter?

thanks! :D

I have a magma clone RDA I got locally that im working on a build for and I have 30, 28, and 26 ga Kanthal from previous attempts at vaping.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Above around 0.30Ω+/-... most APV meters are "good enough". Below that, where amp load increases can be substantial even with 0.05Ω- decreases, you want at least one-hundredths place resolution and sub one-hundredths accuracy. So... USA Ohm Meters.

^ This guy. I always build on a regulated device to heat up my coils without worrying having to worry about a bad short but when Im done I throw it on an ohm reader to get a more accurate idea of the resistance. I mainly use mech mods so this can be rather important if I'm building ~0.2 ohms.

tbaron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an e-lvt 2 and a multimeter. When I build I check on both devices and the are always the same. I trust my multimeter but also would like to get a good ohm tester but unsure which one to get.

Have you used your magma yet? I love mine. Usually build with 28 or 30 single coil between .7 and 1.2. You will love the magma

VU Sponsors